Dynadot

opinion Set BIN or make offer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kite26

Fearless BirdTop Member
Impact
I want your opinion, which option is better?Setting names for sale with buy it now price or wait for offers?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have all my names in "make offer" but more sales happens when you put a realistic BIN price.

•••
Buy it Now, or BIN locks you in to sell the domain for that exact price instantly and makes you liable to folllow through on that if a member wants it. .

However, Make an Offer is more liberal. You can take offers "till the cows come home" and not have to follow through on any of them. Owners of "liquid domains" have been using this lately almost exclusively to gauge how much they can get since they do not have to follow through on any of them.

•••
Anyone have any other thoughts on this matter? I've been wondering the same thing. I feel like I get more offers in when it's just "make an offer", as opposed to BIN. And most the the time the offers are fairly decent.

•••
It depends on the quality of the name. If you have a super duper domain the obvious choice would be "make offer". On the other hand if you have a low quality name (or a name you're looking to liquidate) just put a BIN price and forget about it.

Some of the marketplaces (GD, Sedo) would let you select both BIN and make offer and I use them both. For instance if you want to sell a name at around $1k just put a $1.8k BIN and wait for offers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back