IT.COM

Selling Domains at NameJet Without Transferring Ownership to the Winning Bidder

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arca

Top Member
Impact
Domain portfolio owner "Diagonal Axis Ltd" has been selling domains on NameJet without transferring ownership of sold domains after auction:

Domain: XCM.net

WHOIS on 02 February 2018: Diagonal Axis LTD/[email protected]
sdfdsfsdf.png

XCM.net sold for $1391 on NameJet on 28 March 2018. Winning Bidder: jacob7f
sdfsdfsdf.png
sdfdsff.png

WHOIS on 10 May 2018: Diagonal Axis LTD/[email protected]
sdfdsfdf.png

Diagonal Axis were the owner of the domain before the auction, and they remain the owner more than one month after the auction.

The same pattern can be observed with other wins by jacob7f:

Domain: vvgz.com
WHOIS owner on 28 October 2017: Diagonal Axis LTD/[email protected]
Sold for $400 on NameJet on 01 April 2018.
Winning bidder: jacob7f
WHOIS owner on 10 May: Diagonal Axis LTD/[email protected]

Similarly, no change of ownership more than one month after the auction. This pattern can be found with a number of other bidders that won Diagonal Axis owned domains at NameJet:

Domain: mniu.com
WHOIS owner on 27 October 2017: Diagonal Axis LTD/[email protected]
Sold for $845 on NameJet on 20 March 2018.
Winning bidder: leader99
WHOIS on 10 May 2018: Diagonal Axis LTD/[email protected]

Diagonal Axis remains the owner of the domain, despite the domain selling to "leader99"

Other examples of names sold by Diagonal Axis where they retain their ownership after the auction:

Domain: nvel.com
WHOIS owner on 31 October 2017: Diagonal Axis LTD/[email protected]
Sold for $456 on NameJet on 23 March 2018.
Winning bidder: deebmode
WHOIS owner on 10 May 2018: Diagonal Axis LTD/[email protected]

Domain: ljea.com
WHOIS owner on 20 October 2017: Diagonal Axis LTD/[email protected]
Sold for $405 at NameJet on 25 March 2018.
Winning bidder: delahoya

Domain: wolh.com
WHOIS on 30 October 2017: Diagonal Axis LTD/[email protected]
Sold for $402 at NameJet on 24 March.
Winning bidder: b1dd38

Domain: vsvb.com
WHOIS on 28 October 2017: Diagonal Axis LTD/[email protected]
Sold for $305 at NameJet on 24 March 2018.
Winning bidder: boonboon

Domain: cujm.com
WHOIS on 8 October 2017: Diagonal Axis LTD/[email protected]
Sold for $305 at NameJet on 25 March 2018
Winning bidder: goodn1ght

Domain: feao.com
WHOIS on 22 August 2017: Diagonal Axis LTD/[email protected]
Sold for $365 on NameJet on 20 March 2018.
Winner: bidbidbid1
WHOIS on May 10: Diagonal Axis LTD/[email protected]

Domain: oudm.com
WHOIS on 9 October 2017: Diagonal Axis LTD/[email protected]
Sold for $290 on NameJet on 20 March 2018.
Winner: qweasd999

Domain: ywep.com
WHOIS on 31 october 2017: Diagonal Axis LTD/[email protected]
Sold for $205 on NameJet on 24 March 2018.
Winner: mrharig

Even though these domains sold to a number of different bidders (jacob7f, leader99, deebmode, delahoya, b1dd38, boonboon, goodn1ght, bidbidbid1, qweasd999, mrharig), Diagonal Axis has retained ownership of the domains they sold.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I thought you were supposed to give NameJet control of your domains at eNom prior to auction or at least after reserve has been met? That is what I was told to do when I auctioned some names there last year.

By the way, I don't use NameJet for selling anymore after having two sales reversed later because of buyers using stolen credit cards.

•••
Jacob7f bought 2 of my domains and then did chargebacks on them some time later. He is a scammer/fraudulent bidder, my sold domains were returned to me weeks later.

•••
Jacob7f bought 2 of my domains and then did chargebacks on them some time later. He is a scammer/fraudulent bidder, my sold domains were returned to me weeks later.
Do you think it's possible that deebmode, delahoya, b1dd38, boonboon, leader99, goodn1ght, bidbidbid1, qweasd999, mrharig are fraudulent bidders too?

From what saw when I looked into this, most of these bidders only ever bought Diagonal Axis owned domains. Due to most of these bidders exclusively winning Diagonal Axis domains, I felt it to be unlikely that 10 different bidders would sign up to target these mostly low quality 4L.com domains owned by Diagonal Axis and then do charge backs. Seemed more likely to me that these bidders were related to Diagonal Axis themselves.

jacob7f - won domains by multiple sellers, with most wins being Diagonal axis owned domains
leader99 - won domains by multiple sellers, with most wins being Diagonal axis owned domains
deebmode - only won domain owned by Diagonal Axis
delahoya - only won domain owned by Diagonal Axis
b1dd38 - only won domain owned by Diagonal Axis
boonboon - only won domain owned by Diagonal Axis
goodn1ght - only won domain owned by Diagonal Axis
bidbidbid1 - only won domain owned by Diagonal Axis
qweasd999 - only won domain owned by Diagonal Axis
mrharig - only won domain owned by Diagonal Axis

However, I can't exclude the possibility that a number of fraudulent accounts were created to mainly target Digital Axis owned domains.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Do you think it's possible that deebmode, delahoya, b1dd38, boonboon, leader99, goodn1ght, bidbidbid1, qweasd999, mrharig are fraudulent bidders too?

From what saw when I looked into this, most of these bidders only ever bought Diagonal Axis owned domains. Due to most of these bidders exclusively winning Diagonal Axis domains, I felt it to be unlikely that 10 different bidders would sign up to target these mostly low quality 4L.com domains owned by Diagonal Axis and then do charge backs. Seemed more likely to me that these bidders were related to Diagonal Axis themselves.

jacob7f - won domains by multiple sellers, with most wins being Diagonal axis owned domains
leader99 - won domains by multiple sellers, with most wins being Diagonal axis owned domains
deebmode - only won domain owned by Diagonal Axis
delahoya - only won domain owned by Diagonal Axis
b1dd38 - only won domain owned by Diagonal Axis
boonboon - only won domain owned by Diagonal Axis
goodn1ght - only won domain owned by Diagonal Axis
bidbidbid1 - only won domain owned by Diagonal Axis
qweasd999 - only won domain owned by Diagonal Axis
mrharig - only won domain owned by Diagonal Axis

However, I can't exclude the possibility that a number of fraudulent accounts were created to mainly target Digital Axis owned domains.

I don't know, jacob7f bought 2 domains from me on NJ (not 4l's) and did chargebacks on both of them some weeks later.

•••
I don't know, jacob7f bought 2 domains from me on NJ (not 4l's) and did chargebacks on both of them some weeks later.
Do you have the whois of the domain names after transfer (if they changed it)? And were the domains returned to you by Namejet?

•••
Do you have the whois of the domain names after transfer (if they changed it)? And were the domains returned to you by Namejet?

To be honest I never checked, NJ returned the domains to me around 3 weeks after auctions were completed and paid for. This buyer charged back both domains sold to him and left me with the shortfall as NJ had already paid me for the month putting me in negative balance. Very annoyed.

•••
To be honest I never checked, NJ returned the domains to me around 3 weeks after auctions were completed and paid for. This buyer charged back both domains sold to him and left me with the shortfall as NJ had already paid me for the month putting me in negative balance. Very annoyed.
This is very surprising behavior by a marketplace but then it is NJ so I would put anything past them! A sale should be final and they should not have the seller bear the brunt or burden of a chargeback!

•••
This is very surprising behavior by a marketplace but then it is NJ so I would put anything past them! A sale should be final and they should not have the seller bear the brunt or burden of a chargeback!

Indeed, in this case it was around $1600 as well, although the amount shouldn't be that important, it's completely unreasonable for me to deal with that as a seller weeks later.

I will be considering whether to use them again as seller after this debacle.

•••
It could be organized fake account shill bidding fixed by Chinese domainers in wechat groups

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back