IT.COM

registrars NameJet Whois Fiasco - Whois Failed To Update

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
On the 23th of October I won a 3 letter .info domain name. It was an expired domain registered with DNC Holdings, Inc and probably managed by directnic.com. It was immediately paid with the credit card on file.

(I was later refunded this purchase but it is important to follow the timeline of events.)

The domain that was registered in 2001 expired on the 19th of September.
Today it is the 18th of December and the domain still shows my registration details on whois although legally I am not the owner. Please note that I never received any info as to how to manage the domain name at its registrar.
Namejet support told me that will contact the owner of the domain and have this information updated as soon as possible. But that could take a while and I don’t know why I have to check whois on domain names that I don’t own 2 months after I won (or rather didn’t win) the domain name and be open to all kinds of legal problems in the meantime.
Full Article: http://onlinedomain.com/2014/12/19/...the-domain-my-info-is-still-showing-on-whois/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back