Dynadot

NameJet Backorder Problem! Have you met this case?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,
I am the only bidder for a domain in NameJet (Pre-Release (Public) - Backorder). Since I am the only bidder, I should be the winner of this domain right? But untill now, This domain is still in my backorder list with the status as:

"Activity on this domain is temporarily locked while awaiting the auction to begin."

I check the Whois, I see that the Whois updated one day after the Closing time AND the Registry Registrant/ Admin ID: Not Available From Registry.

I have contacted NameJet and they told me that the domain maybe renewed by owner just before the auction.

Have you met this case? Please give your advice. Bellowing are the copy of Namejet backorder and Whois information.

Thank you for your supports

====================
High Bid: $69 USD
Closing Time: 9/6/2017 8:00 PM (Pacific Time)
Auction Type: Pre-Release (Public) - Backorder i
Your Last Bid: $69 USD
Bid History: 1 bid
====================

The Whois results:
====================
Domain Name: xxxxxx.COM
Registry Domain ID: 8766704_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.name.com
Registrar URL: http://www.name.com
Updated Date: 2017-09-07T14:14:41Z
Creation Date: 1999-08-02T18:56:16Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-08-02T18:56:11Z
Registrar: Name.com, Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 625
Reseller:
Domain Status: autoRenewPeriod https://www.icann.org/epp#autoRenewPeriod
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID: Not Available From Registry
Registrant Name: Whois Agent
Registrant Organization: Domain Protection Services, Inc.
Registrant Street: PO Box 1769
Registrant City: Denver
Registrant State/Province: CO
Registrant Postal Code: 80201
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.7208009072
Registrant Fax: +1.7209758725
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID: Not Available From Registry
Admin Name: Whois Agent
Admin Organization: Domain Protection Services, Inc.
Admin Street: PO Box 1769
Admin City: Denver
Admin State/Province: CO
Admin Postal Code: 80201
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.7208009072
Admin Fax: +1.7209758725
Admin Email: [email protected]
Registry Tech ID: Not Available From Registry
Tech Name: Whois Agent
Tech Organization: Domain Protection Services, Inc.
Tech Street: PO Box 1769
Tech City: Denver
Tech State/Province: CO
Tech Postal Code: 80201
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.7208009072
Tech Fax: +1.7209758725
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: ns1bdg.name.com
Name Server: ns2clp.name.com
Name Server: ns3hjx.name.com
Name Server: ns4lny.name.com
DNSSEC: unSigned
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
upload_2017-9-11_10-21-24.png
@name.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.7203101849
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2017-09-11T02:51:29Z <<<
====================

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-11_10-21-24.png
    195 bytes · Views: 16
    195 bytes · Views: 19
    195 bytes · Views: 20
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One thing I know is that Registry Admin ID: Not Available From Registry is a very common status and by itself shouldn't have any bearing on the backorder status AFAIK.

I would just give it some more time to see how it plays out.

•••
Is there a reserve on the domain? If not, wait for a few hours. afaik, NJ runs a scheduled job across all listings and marks their progress/next step at that point.

•••
As far as I know, you should've won that one. If it's "public" doesn't that mean it was an individual seller rather than an expiring domain?

•••
It is an expiring auction it seems (as it stated prerelease auction), not sale listing of a user.
As name is at name.com i do not think owner could renew because name.com removes the
name from owner's account the maximum a month after expiration.
It expired at 2nd of August, so the latest at 11th of September that would enter redemption period
they should move to your account renewed.

•••
It is an expiring auction it seems (as it stated prerelease auction), not sale listing of a user.

No, it says the same thing on user sales listings: pre-release just means it's prior to the 3-day auction period.

•••
No, it says the same thing on user sales listings: pre-release just means it's prior to the 3-day auction period.

expiring date matches the end of auction exactly, public listings i think need to have 3 months at least till expiration

Last edited:
•••
As far as I know, you should've won that one. If it's "public" doesn't that mean it was an individual seller rather than an expiring domain?
It is an expired domain. I had checked the whois on 09/06/2017 before they update the whois.

•••
expiring date matches the end of auction exactly, public listings i think need to have 3 months at least till expiration
On 09/06:
Expired date : 2017-08-02
After updating:
2018-08-02T18:56:11Z
Auction end:
2017-09-06

•••
On 09/06:
Expired date : 2017-08-02
After updating:
2018-08-02T18:56:11Z
Auction end:
2017-09-06
Where was it registered previously? Perhaps the domain was transferred to eNom and hence the updated expiry?

•••
Where was it registered previously? Perhaps the domain was transferred to eNom and hence the updated expiry?
It was registered with Name.com and it is still in Name.com

•••

It is at name.com, Naemejet auctions name sfrom various registrars

•••
When a name is no longer available via pre-release it will change to "wish list" status. If the domain's page still says pre-release, your order is still pending and will probably complete. If it changes to wish list status it will not complete.

Some names can take days to move from end of pre-release deadline to auction/or win if there is only one bidder.

There are generally lots of irregularitites with name.com names at namejet. They all say they are public auction pre-release, when in fact most of them are private auction. Also, while the pre-release list contains a lot of name.com names, relatively few of them end up going to auction. I have won name.com names on several occasions, but renewal rates are undoubtedly way higher than with enom and netsol pre-release names.

•••
When a name is no longer available via pre-release it will change to "wish list" status. If the domain's page still says pre-release, your order is still pending and will probably complete. If it changes to wish list status it will not complete.

Some names can take days to move from end of pre-release deadline to auction/or win if there is only one bidder.

There are generally lots of irregularitites with name.com names at namejet. They all say they are public auction pre-release, when in fact most of them are private auction. Also, while the pre-release list contains a lot of name.com names, relatively few of them end up going to auction. I have won name.com names on several occasions, but renewal rates are undoubtedly way higher than with enom and netsol pre-release names.
Thank you for your advice. The domain is still in the backorder list with status as:
========================
Activity on this domain is temporarily locked while awaiting the auction to begin.
========================

•••
Hi,
Finally the domain becomes Wish List in Namejet. Namejet informed me that the owner renew the domain. I just wonder one point that Is it possible for Name.com domain owner can renew the domain after the expired date 35 days?

Updated Date: 2017-09-07T14:14:41Z (this is the renew date)
Creation Date: 1999-08-02T18:56:16Z

Thanks

•••
Hi,
Finally the domain becomes Wish List in Namejet. Namejet informed me that the owner renew the domain. I just wonder one point that Is it possible for Name.com domain owner can renew the domain after the expired date 35 days?

Name.com gives a 20 day grace period for the owner to renew after expiration. A third party they employ will remove the domain from your account at that time if they believe it has resale value. If that does not happen then the domain goes to NJ where the owner can renew it even if it has bids up to the close of the auction. It is possible that the third party I mentioned could take it over however if it gets several bids etc...that I have not witnessed.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back