Dynadot

SEDO - Upcoming Crypto Domains Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Snailz

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

Currently when I log into Sedo under Important Updates it says that there is an Upcoming Crypto Domains Auction. I don't see a place to submit my names and I was wondering if anyone who has more experience with Sedo than me knows where. I pasted the full text below in case anyone wants to read it.

Thanks,
~Snailz

Upcoming Crypto Domains Auction – September 13-20
Submit your names NOW!

Crypto domains have been trending all year long and with that Sedo is running an exclusive Crypto Domain Names Auction September 13-20. This event will also promoted during our attendance at the annual MERGE Domain Conference, delivering even more reach and exposure for your names!

We’re currently taking name submissions FREE of charge but they must meet our criteria:

• Contains well known keyword under the "crypto" umbrella. Or, extension has strong relationship to crypto and include a relevant keyword.
  • Please visit our newsroom for a comprehensive list of example keywords.

Additional considerations once this requirement is met:

• Short, one word, strong two word crypto related .com's, .net's, top ccTLD's, or alternative ccTLDS with a high value sales history of high value sales and newer "gTLD's" aligning well with crypto
  • Realistic domain reserves to incentivize bidders and reflect market rates
Don’t miss your chance to be a part of this potentially lucrative selling platform!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't see it, either. I tried Live Chat, but no one is around.

•••
Hello,

Currently when I log into Sedo under Important Updates it says that there is an Upcoming Crypto Domains Auction. I don't see a place to submit my names and I was wondering if anyone who has more experience with Sedo than me knows where. I pasted the full text below in case anyone wants to read it.

Thanks,
~Snailz

Click My Domain. Than under the tab domain management their should be something that says "change your view" make it say SedoMLS Premium Promotion. Once you are there click on your crypto domain and find promote domain. Click on the drop down of promoted domain and select special crypto auction and you should be set.

Last edited:
•••
I don't see it, either. I tried Live Chat, but no one is around.
Click My Domain. Than under the tab domain management their should be something that says "change your view" make it say SedoMLS Premium Promotion. Once you are there click on your crypto domain and find promote domain. Click on the drop down of promoted domain and select special crypto auction and you should be set

•••
Click My Domain. Than under the tab domain management their should be something that says "change your view" make it say SedoMLS Premium Promotion. Once you are there click on your crypto domain and find promote domain. Click on the drop down of promoted domain and select special crypto auction and you should be set.

Thanks! That worked!

•••
This event will also promoted during our attendance at the annual MERGE Domain Conference, delivering even more reach and exposure for your names!
No Sedo, thanks. What you should be telling us is that you are going to promote this event at some CRYPTO conference(s) and reach CRYPTO audience of end users as a result, as well as that you are going to do everything possible to promote it to crypto-enthusiasts and crypto-investors comminities worldwide.

Without that, that is going to be another depressive domainer2domainer auction, which are nothing good for the industry as a whole, since it will imprint a bunch of low numbers into the public sales records.

•••
It may well be that Sedo is looking to reach appropriate endusers with this auction. Fine. I am wondering how will they respond to the first question asked by such specific endusers: Do you accept cryptocurrencies as payment method? Since Sedo does not accept bitcoin or anything else afaik, the whole event may be doomed to fail. Unfortunately.

•••
Is this auction free if our domains get selected or need to pay some fee..

•••
Is this auction free if our domains get selected or need to pay some fee..
Free to submit for the auction and list. They'll charge an auction commission on successful sale

•••
Today Albert Schimmel contact me and offer that list one of my domain for sale in crypto auction .
my answer : why not !?
i think it is good opportunity .

•••

Attachments

• IMG_20180828_112045.JPG
    IMG_20180828_112045.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 195
•••
I submitted a bunch. Let's see what they accept.

•••
Free to submit for the auction and list. They'll charge an auction commission on successful sale

In the "Managed Auction Terms and Conditions" it says "Sedo may charge a non-refundable application fee for each Domain submitted for a Managed Auction Event in the amount described on the Sedo Price List or applicable Managed Auction Event application page, which are subject to change from time to time."

On the Sedo Price List it says that there is an application fee of $10 for each domain submitted to an auction event.

•••
•••
I’m interested in adding a few names but certainly not changing dns and parking to do it.

•••
No Thanks...

Personally even after I almost got charged a $200 fee from sedo I still haven't learned to read their terms yet so I submitted my names and then learned about the fee. Now I'm just hoping that they either deny them or they sell lol.

•••
There is no charge to submit for this event! You do not need to point your DNS to Sedo. I've submitted a few for this (and previous such events) and it's a pretty decent event

•••
In the "Managed Auction Terms and Conditions" it says "Sedo may charge a non-refundable application fee for each Domain submitted for a Managed Auction Event in the amount described on the Sedo Price List or applicable Managed Auction Event application page, which are subject to change from time to time."

On the Sedo Price List it says that there is an application fee of $10 for each domain submitted to an auction event.
Those are standard prices not for special auction events! Read the quoted part in the OP as well as click on the link in the quote. Both places, it's explicitly stated that submissions are free

•••
Got a name I would like to submit, followed the instructions kindly provided by @Trade With Vlad but can not see any option to promote.

As the name is registered with Godaddy and Sedo do not support all premium functions, is this stopping me?

•••
Got a name I would like to submit, followed the instructions kindly provided by @Trade With Vlad but can not see any option to promote.

As the name is registered with Godaddy and Sedo do not support all premium functions, is this stopping me?
Nope... Have you selected the domain in question? Is is currently listed for sale? What is shown in the promote dropdown?

•••
Nope... Have you selected the domain in question? Is is currently listed for sale? What is shown in the promote dropdown?
That’s the problem. You have to select a domain from your list which means it needs to be added to your Sedo account.

•••
Found it - thanks for your help!

•••
Those are standard prices not for special auction events! Read the quoted part in the OP as well as click on the link in the quote. Both places, it's explicitly stated that submissions are free

Thanks for letting me know! I probably should have read my own post better :-P

•••

Sorry, but I can't find where they explicitly staded that submission is free. I would be thankful if you can paste text where that is stated.

I found only this statement:
"Auction Events
An application fee of $10 is charged for each domain listed in our Auction Events (monthly GreatDomains auctions or special auctions). This fee is non-refundable regardless of whether your domain is accepted or denied entry into the auction."
As this event is "Special crypto auction" obiously it should fall under "special auctions" and $10 fee is charged and it is not refundable even if your domains are rejected.

Thank you in advance.

•••
Sorry, but I can't find where they explicitly staded that submission is free. I would be thankful if you can paste text where that is stated.

I found only this statement:
"Auction Events
An application fee of $10 is charged for each domain listed in our Auction Events (monthly GreatDomains auctions or special auctions). This fee is non-refundable regardless of whether your domain is accepted or denied entry into the auction."
As this event is "Special crypto auction" obiously it should fall under "special auctions" and $10 fee is charged and it is not refundable even if your domains are rejected.

Thank you in advance.

https://sedo.com/us/about-us/news-press/newsroom/crypto-domains-auction-september-13-20/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back