IT.COM

SEDO - Upcoming Crypto Domains Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Snailz

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

Currently when I log into Sedo under Important Updates it says that there is an Upcoming Crypto Domains Auction. I don't see a place to submit my names and I was wondering if anyone who has more experience with Sedo than me knows where. I pasted the full text below in case anyone wants to read it.

Thanks,
~Snailz

Upcoming Crypto Domains Auction – September 13-20
Submit your names NOW!

Crypto domains have been trending all year long and with that Sedo is running an exclusive Crypto Domain Names Auction September 13-20. This event will also promoted during our attendance at the annual MERGE Domain Conference, delivering even more reach and exposure for your names!

We’re currently taking name submissions FREE of charge but they must meet our criteria:

• Contains well known keyword under the "crypto" umbrella. Or, extension has strong relationship to crypto and include a relevant keyword.
  • Please visit our newsroom for a comprehensive list of example keywords.

Additional considerations once this requirement is met:

• Short, one word, strong two word crypto related .com's, .net's, top ccTLD's, or alternative ccTLDS with a high value sales history of high value sales and newer "gTLD's" aligning well with crypto
  • Realistic domain reserves to incentivize bidders and reflect market rates
Don’t miss your chance to be a part of this potentially lucrative selling platform!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I received my official rejection notice. I'm not surprised.

Last edited:
•••
Rejected all my submissions
Coinhelper.org
Tokenpreneur.com
Cryptomuses.com
Coinmuses.com
Tokenarmour.com
TokenLock.io
TokenLadder.com

Can't believe at least a few of them didn't make the cut

•••
We’re currently taking name submissions for this exclusive auction. You can submit your crypto names FREE of charge but they [B said:
must meet our criteria[/B]:
  • Contains well known keyword under the "crypto" umbrella. Or, extension has strong relationship to crypto and include a relevant keyword.
FYI. Copied from the sedo article.

•••
I submitted 15 domain but sedo only accept 4 domains :

moneyball.net
bitcoinwallet.asia
mrv.io
cybercash.co

•••
Looks like a lot of decent names got rejected. Way to go Sedo !

•••
Monero.Money low reserve rejected.
Litecoins.cn low reserve rejected

And a few others, all rejected.

Last edited:
•••
I am shocked that my (ico)(brokers)(.net) got rejected due to quality requirements not met, while many rubbish domains (i.e. typo mistakes, long, or even not strongly crypto-related) that obviously do not meet Sedo's stated quality requirements are on the auction list. What a world-class joke!

Even though many of the rubbish domains have low reserve prices, I doubt if someone will waste money and time to bid them.

My rejected domains:
- (ico)(brokers)(.net)
- (crypto)(transaction)(.net)
- (crypto)(agents)(.net)
- (crypto)(docs)(.net)
- (power)(wallet)(.net)
- (coin)(detector)(.net)
- (crypto)(stick)(.net)
- (crypto)(sticks)(.net)
- (power)(token)(.net)
- (micro)(wallet)(.net)
- (blockchain)(detector)(.net)

•••
All of mine got rejected probably due to price?

•••
Am I the only one thinking that the crappy domains which are among the first listed are probably registered by employees of Sedo?

•••
Am I the only one thinking that the crappy domains which are among the first listed are probably registered by employees of Sedo?

Not even completely unlikely. Or maybe, because the auction is in cooperation with the Merge 2018 conference, people buying a VIP ticket can also automatically submit a domain to the auction. Anyway, looking at the list of approved domain, quality was certainly not the main criterium for this auction.

I only checked 2 domains and noticed that the domain crypto/traders/co/uk (certainly not the worst domain in the list), was only registered on the 26th of August 2018 (!) and the domain bitcoingames.online was only registered 73 days ago.

Maybe they should rename the event to the "Big Crypto Handreg Auction".

•••
in my sedo account one crypto related domain showing "Scheduled for Auction" what is mean that my domain accepted for auction?

•••
in my sedo account one crypto related domain showing "Scheduled for Auction" what is mean that my domain accepted for auction?
Yeah. Good luck!

•••
Have some good token names that they’ll accept if I lower my reserves, as I figured.

I’m tempted, just in order to sink any earnings into some aftermarket domains.. but the quality of most of the domains already in the auction makes me feel like it will likely be a dud anyway.

Last edited:
•••
After pending for 3 weeks ETHFAQ.com was rejected as too high a reserve at $488, I would have thought worth a shot but there you go.

Then I see btcxwallet.com at a reserve of $10- 25K :xf.smile: and it was registered 6 days ago.:xf.eek:

What a joke.

•••
Besides quality, reserve price is another joke. Some domains have unreasonably high reserves.

•••
If I sold all 6 names at the prices they suggested for reserve, it would be 15k total. That’s only an average of $2500 a name. Then you have to figure in Sedo’s 20%. Meh.

The only thing that tempts me is that I’ve only had the names for about a year, but I’ve also had plenty of offers in that amount of time as well.

It would be different if you could expect the domains to go well above reserve, but with the current crypto bear market that’s unlikely.

I remember the old Moniker auctions of yesteryear and how they always ended up underperforming, so I just can’t see any wild bidding wars happening with this one.

If this were happening in December 2017 or January 2018.. it might be a different story.

Maybe I’m wrong.. and good luck to anyone who is in the auction.

Last edited:
•••
After pending for 3 weeks ETHFAQ.com was rejected as too high a reserve at $488, I would have thought worth a shot but there you go.

Then I see btcxwallet.com at a reserve of $10- 25K :xf.smile: and it was registered 6 days ago.:xf.eek:

What a joke.

Minor apology to Sedo, they were suggesting a reserve below $499 and resubmit.
Other better names were rejected outright.

The btcxwallet.com at a reserve of $10- 25K is a joke still stands.

•••
We submitted 4 long tails in dot com - but they were all rejected due to quality. The pricing on each was in the $1k-5k range. Google Trends shows three of them have some amount of search volume. Your loss Sedo.

•••
Today 2 new gTLDs were added there :) I have submited 5 of my crypto names 2 days ago, all new gTLDs. I got "too high reserve" response. I decided to lower reserve a little for 2 names, and got those 2 new gTLDs then accepted immediately . Which is great, it is very nice from Sedo they accept also new domain names, much appreciated!

The remaining names I will keep - crypto will be here also next year, and following years...so no need to hurry, I am sure good crypto names will only grow in future

•••
Submitted a nice one but got this:

-- Whois details do not match --

The WHOIS entry we have on record is not a clear match for your account data, so we are unable to verify you as the owner.

-- High-quality domain, but the auction is full --

Your domain has high quality, but unfortunately, all of the available spots for this auction have already been assigned. Please submit your domain with plenty of lead time for the next auction event. We will be happy to include it in the new auction catalog.

Not sure what I can do about the whois as ownership has been verified by txt record and all they can check from whois is my company name and email probably which is an exact match to my sedo account. Anyway, back to undeveloped it is!

•••
I am shocked that my (ico)(brokers)(.net) got rejected due to quality requirements not met
For some reason they do not accept the ICO domains. There is no one domain in the auction that contains "ICO". However, this keyword was contained in the requirements for the auction.
My icos●co also did not go to auction (quality not met, ha-ha)

•••
Submitted about 100 names but on an exttreme law of average only 1 got accepted for auction (atm). Can't complain. Let's wait and see the outcome of the auction.

Best Wishes to all those whose names were accepted. Keep us posted.

•••
I don't see it, either. I tried Live Chat, but no one is around.

I've tried to contact them for days. Their software is not recognising my domain ownership even after I added my ownership key etc.

It seems like a mess to be honest.

•••
I am trying to submit my domains but it doesnt seem to be working :'(, had some good ones too lol

•••
I can't understand the criteria(s) Sedo used to accept/reject submissions, but it looks like they used "Flip a coin" criteria.

All my four submissions were rejected (Quality requirements not met).

CryptoIndustry.com
CryptoBased.com
Exchange.cc
Cryptographer.me

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back