Dynadot

SEDO - Upcoming Crypto Domains Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Snailz

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

Currently when I log into Sedo under Important Updates it says that there is an Upcoming Crypto Domains Auction. I don't see a place to submit my names and I was wondering if anyone who has more experience with Sedo than me knows where. I pasted the full text below in case anyone wants to read it.

Thanks,
~Snailz

Upcoming Crypto Domains Auction – September 13-20
Submit your names NOW!

Crypto domains have been trending all year long and with that Sedo is running an exclusive Crypto Domain Names Auction September 13-20. This event will also promoted during our attendance at the annual MERGE Domain Conference, delivering even more reach and exposure for your names!

We’re currently taking name submissions FREE of charge but they must meet our criteria:

• Contains well known keyword under the "crypto" umbrella. Or, extension has strong relationship to crypto and include a relevant keyword.
  • Please visit our newsroom for a comprehensive list of example keywords.

Additional considerations once this requirement is met:

• Short, one word, strong two word crypto related .com's, .net's, top ccTLD's, or alternative ccTLDS with a high value sales history of high value sales and newer "gTLD's" aligning well with crypto
  • Realistic domain reserves to incentivize bidders and reflect market rates
Don’t miss your chance to be a part of this potentially lucrative selling platform!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry, but I can't find where they explicitly staded that submission is free. I would be thankful if you can paste text where that is stated.

I found only this statement:
"Auction Events
An application fee of $10 is charged for each domain listed in our Auction Events (monthly GreatDomains auctions or special auctions). This fee is non-refundable regardless of whether your domain is accepted or denied entry into the auction."
As this event is "Special crypto auction" obiously it should fall under "special auctions" and $10 fee is charged and it is not refundable even if your domains are rejected.

Thank you in advance.

Specifically 2nd paragraph 2nd sentence.

•••
I submitted a few today & will see what gets approved?
cryptomining.org
bitcoinpay.org
crypto-currency.club
crypto-currency.co
cryptocurrancy.com
cryptoinnovation.com
cryptoresults.com
cryptostocks.org
bitcoining.biz
cryptoxe.com

•••
I submitted just the one below on Thursday - hopefully find out today if accepted....

Dash Tokens . com

•••
Is this auction free if our domains get selected or need to pay some fee..

it's free to submit. But I think the commission fee will be 20% since it's premium promotion event.
Normal auction = 15% commission
BUY-IT-NOW = 10% commission

•••
ok Thanks! Does anybody submitted their crypto domains and go approved?

•••
I submitted a few today & will see what gets approved?
cryptomining.org
bitcoinpay.org
crypto-currency.club
crypto-currency.co
cryptocurrancy.com
cryptoinnovation.com
cryptoresults.com
cryptostocks.org
bitcoining.biz
cryptoxe.com
I submitted just the one below on Thursday - hopefully find out today if accepted....

Dash Tokens . com

Let me know if you guys hear back. I submitted cry/pto.g/y on tuesday and I haven't heard back.

•••
Let me know if you guys hear back. I submitted cry/pto.g/y on tuesday and I haven't heard back.
Will do

Not looking like I will find out today, I reckon they have had a LOT of applications and it might take a extra day or two, or my name is not highly thought of by them and I have been put on the back burner!

•••
Submitted 10 today.

Cryptostore com
Chain us
Walletworld com
UStoken com
Toycoin com

And others.

•••
Submitted 10 today.

Cryptostore com
Chain us
Walletworld com
UStoken com
Toycoin com

And others.

Great names. Good luck.

I’m wondering what they will deem they’re cutoff for inclusion when it comes to reserve prices. From my experience, they usually want low reserves.... even with quality names.

•••
Great names. Good luck.

I’m wondering what they will deem they’re cutoff for inclusion when it comes to reserve prices. From my experience, they usually want low reserves.... even with quality names.
Thanks

•••
Last edited:
•••
Just received a reply form sedo after 4 days and the result is all my domains got rejected. :facepalm:
including those domains in my Profile Picture and signature:dead:

•••
Sedo, who is picking these names for auction? I submitted EXACT MATCH top keyword category killer domains and got rejected. Yet I see some of the names listed are laughable at best.

•••
Sedo, who is picking these names for auction? I submitted EXACT MATCH top keyword category killer domains and got rejected. Yet I see some of the names listed are laughable at best.
Mine got rejected too. One was cryptostore.com but the reserves were too high and that’s fine by me.

•••
I just submitted one. I am expecting it to be rejected because it's technically a misspelling and I placed the reserve high. But, I don't care. It's submitted.

•••
Just received a reply form sedo after 4 days and the result is all my domains got rejected. :facepalm:
including those domains in my Profile Picture and signature:dead:

That's insane -SellBTC.com is a super premium crypto name... Sounds like they need to reconsider

•••
2 out of 5 got acceped for me.

•••
•••
Are they still taking submitions? Do the domains have to be parked with sedo?

•••
Are they still taking submitions? Do the domains have to be parked with sedo?
1)Yes.
2) No. None of my accepted domains were parked with them.

•••
I’m not that eager seller to submit my domains on Sedo since I don’t convinced on their creteria on accepting domains on its platform..

Now, u can find better platforms than Sedo ..

•••
I submitted a batch of 10 domains last week. 8 got rejected. The remaining 2 domains still have no feedback from Sedo...

•••
All my domains were rejected...:xf.confused:

iotPay.org
MiningCalculator.org
CryptoBalance.org
BitGate.org
BitDrive.org
PowerChain.org
SolarMining.org
CoinTask.org
EosPay.org
iotNetwork.org
CoinConverter.org
MiningLab.org
CryptoAid.org
CoinDaily.org
ETHcalc.net
ADAcalc.com
CardanoCalc.com
EthereumCalculator.net
ETHcalculator.net
CardanoCalculator.net
VechainCalc.com
VechainCalculator.net
VechainThorCalc.com
BlockWorld.org
CrypTrade.org

•••
My thoughts exactly, a few of the names are OK but way overpriced. The majority range from mediocre to pathetic.
Just don't see this being any sort of success.But no doubt there will be a huge registry submitted name sale.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back