Sedo launches NEW Sales Landing Page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi all,

We were asked to provide a new sales landing page for those of you looking to prioritize the sale of domains over earning money with our parking program. We are therefore excited to launch our brand new Sales Landing Page for your domains listed at Sedo.
Overall, we’ve worked to create a minimalistic design making the sole focus of this landing page layout to aid the sale of the domains being offered.
What we deemed necessary for a more efficient sales landing page:
• Navigation, account features, and even the search bar within the header area as you know from the general Sedo Offer Details Page have been removed. The Sedo logo is the only thing remaining in the header area. This page is just about your domain.
• The Legal fine print has a smaller font size and combined with a lighter text colour it is less distracting, but still readable.
• The font size of the “For sale” information is much bigger to attract visitors attention.
• The size of “Make Offer”/“Buy Now” buttons were increased to a larger width and now are highlighted in a green color making them stand out better from the neutral background.
• We implemented a Trustpilot widget, which displays the positive Sedo-rating status. This boosts confidence in Sedo as a trustworthy business partner and marketplace, thus also increasing the CTR (Click-Through-Rate) for your domain offer.

The Sales Landing Page is responsive, fast and consistent for all domains listed at Sedo for Buy Now and Make Offer. If you want to see a live version from your own device, just visit hium.com.

You can easily select the new Sales Landing Page Layout if the domain is already parked with us directly in your Sedo account. Just log in, go to your Domain Management, select the domain and then choose “Selling” from the “Layout” tab.

We will continue to test its features, listen to your feedback and make improvements.

We are also working on more new exciting updates and changes that have also been requested by our users and we are looking forward to publishing them in future posts. Thanks for your interest in this post, and all the best
Chris

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For Make Offer domains you can use even empty page with just your email address on it.
Lander doesn't matter at all using this model.

•••
This domain is blacklisted by Google.
Reason: TM
It can be monetized via ZeroClick only OR try this new Sedo sales lander.

Where can I see if a domain is blacklisted by Google and for what reason?

•••
Just making a few cosmetic changes and implementing a "Trustpilot widget" will not help much.

SEDO should probably just buy DAN.com to be on top with technology again.

Smart Blockchain-contracts are the way of how domain-transactions should be handled.
The domain-industry is moving ahead and SEDO is missing the boat.

Last edited:
•••
This is due to the previous registrants who don't clean their Sedo accounts.
OR due to registrars when they park on Sedo their expires.

Jurgen

I was not referring to domains already existing in the sedo account
those are mostly mine that I added already

but to the user interface that forces me to UNCHECK every single duplicate domain manually before I can list the remaining

a simple "ignore duplicate" feature would do the job

upload_2019-8-20_23-40-56.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Just making a few cosmetic changes and implementing a "Trustpilot widget" will not help much.

SEDO should probably just buy DAN.com to be on top with technology again.

Smart Blockchain-contracts are the way of how domain-transactions should be handled.
The domain-industry is moving ahead and SEDO is missing the boat.
Probably, this is more related to German law regarding all these crypto operations...
I guess...

•••
And blockchain doesn't sell your domains...
It is just next stage when agreement is already reached.

Last edited:
•••
The longest minus for Sedo - GoDaddy is NOT covered by their MLS.
All other factors are very minor, except privacy leaks.

•••
Probably, this is more related to German law regarding all these crypto operations...
I guess...

don't confuse "Blockchain-contracts" with "Crypto-currencies".
Two different things.

And blockchain doesn't sell your domains...
It is just next stage when agreement is already reached.

but it lowers the Sales-commission...

Last edited:
•••
@Sedo can you clarify something about existing traffic stats we see at Sedo under Domain Management?

If we change a domain to the new sales lander, will stats for visitors to that page appear in the column titled Uniques? That is the column that shows visits to the parking pages.

Or will the stats for visitors to the new sales landing page now appear in the column next to that, titled Offer Views? If so, that will aggregate type-ins, traffic from search on Sedo, and traffic from partner networks, so it would be good to know.

The new sales lander does look similar to the existing Make Offer page, with some differences, and the url structure looks similar: https://sedo.com/search/details/?language=us&domain=example.com etc

•••
@Sedo Chris, thanks for taking the time to respond and I'm glad to hear that Sedo is going to address some issues that I mentioned.

I think the fact that you guys have been in hibernation is pretty much indisputable. Making some cosmetic changes in 2019 is a good first step but for 20 years people have been begging for some updates and nothing has been done. Your platform is a dinosaur. Bulky and way behind other specimens that have adapted and evolved. The best things that you guys have are the experience and trust factor. Pretty much everything else- your competitors are doing better. I've encountered so many bugs and hurdles for listing domains- that I'm pretty much using you guys just to buy and not to sell at this point. As a seller- you guys are making me jump through hoops in order to list names and as a buyer I'm often frustrated with the illogical amount of time you keep funds while a seller clearly either isn't the owner or made a pricing mistake and ignores communications.

Regarding the live chat- so you guys offer 2 hours in Germany and two hours in the US at strange hours. That's very unhelpful even to people in Europe (I'm in the US). Am I really expected to keep checking two different time zones and try to hit those magical hours where Sedo do clients a favor and accept chats? If I were you guys, I'd look into your chat feature because offering 4 hours at inconvenient hours isn't a serious service. But the chat is really the lesser issue. As @frank-germany wrote- the handling and usability of the domaining interface is the bigger issue. I look forward to seeing how you guys will continue to improve the platform.

Thanks again for your time.

Hi SuperBrander

You have your opinions about Sedo and I hope over the next few months we can change this through our improvements so that Sedo is your number one go to marketplace. I can see that you are very experienced domainer and can assure you that your feedback is very valuable.

With regards to your comment about transfers as a buyer and the time we keep funds. We can not simply assume that the seller is not the owner or that they are ignoring us. We have to consider these situations on a case by case basis, you have to appreciate that not all sellers are professional domainers who know exactly what they are doing. They could be a one time seller, the seller may have had the domain listed for a few years on our platform and is on holiday or is sick when the domain sells meaning that they are not as actively checking their emails or answering their phone. There are many reasons why they simply do not respond timely and Sedo has to allow for this. We want them to respond as soon as possible and encourage them to do this, if sellers responded sooner it would also save us all our time with our contact attempts. Just know that your payment is secure with us, if the transfer fails then we return the payment.

If you buy a domain within the first 2 weeks the transfer agent will try and contact the seller by email and phone on several occasions. If after this time has passed no contact has been received, the transfer agent will make a decision based on a case by case basis and give them a deadline to respond, if this happens then you can reach our German transfer team directly on 0049 221 340 30 180 to discuss options of cancellation.

Our internal stats show that transfers take less than 9 days on average; while some may take longer others are a lot faster. There has to be some kind of leniency with the time it can take as we are dealing with real people.

If you encounter any bugs when listing, domains please let us know by email and we will look into this for you and try and resolve them as soon as possible. I understand that verifying the domains can be frustrating but we have a verification process in place to increase the quality and integrity of the marketplace. We are always looking at ways to improve this process. While there are failed transfers on our marketplace because of ‘no longer owner issues often good feedback that we receive is that Sedo has more successful transfers and less cancellations that take place over other marketplaces.

All the best, and once again thank you for your comments.

Chris

•••
@Sedo This is what I got when I point my domain to your NameServer.

Show attachment 126893

Hi, thanks for the comment.

Your Sedo account is blocked for parking, for full information on why this has taken place please email [email protected] from the email address registered with your Sedo account and they can help you further.

Thanks

•••
don't confuse "Blockchain-contracts" with "Crypto-currencies".
Two different things.
I didn't mention "crypto-currencies".
I said: crypto operations.

•••
Hi, thanks for the comment.

Your Sedo account is blocked for parking, for full information on why this has taken place please email [email protected] from the email address registered with your Sedo account and they can help you further.

Thanks
Thanks,. just sent an email to [email protected]

•••
but it lowers the Sales-commission...
How exactly?

My loss with Sedo using traditional wire transfer (SWIFT) is FIXED to 15 EUR.

Last edited:
•••
Sedo escrow without blockchain: 3%
DAN escrow WITH blockchain: 5%

???

•••
@Sedo Chris, thanks for your reply. I think the fact that you're here at NamePros and actually engaging with domainers and responding- is a very good sign. Every major marketplace has been active here at NamePros on a daily basis and has a rep or reps that engage/listen/help and Sedo has been notably absent. I hope Sedo will make sure that you or someone else will continue to be here actively and engage with the community. Using NamePros just to announce new features isn't enough. It's the best place for Sedo to be in touch with and get feedback from the clients who use your site the most both as sellers and buyers and know what they want/need.

Don't get me wrong- I trust Sedo and use you guys a lot as a buyer. That's exactly the reason why I want you guys to step up your game because as a user I'm getting an inferior experience to all other major marketplaces in convenience and usability of the platform. As a seller- you'll have a hard time convincing me to go through the verification process. If all other major marketplaces do it differently - then there's no reason I should jump through hoops for your guys when listing domains. Other marketplaces already offer me better interface, quicker systems, support I can usually reach within minutes/seconds, leasing/installment plans, better landing pages etc. Plus, it's not like I've experienced less fraudulent or incomplete transactions with you guys because of your verification system than in other places that would justify it. On the contrary. I have more cancelled transactions with you guys than with any other platform.

Anyway... instead of continuing to send grievances into the void at Sedo, this was a good opportunity to finally get your attention. So I thank you again for your time and consideration and look forward to all the improvements in the future

Last edited:
•••
Hi all,

The sales lander will record traffic the same way in your account as Sedos parked pages. You view these statistics by logging in to your account and selecting Domain Parking. I understand that some of you have requested that the views be displayed directly on the sales landing page, I will forward this to our development team as a suggestion, along with all your other suggestions. We thank you for taking the time to provide your valued feedback.

I wish you every success with your domaining,

Chris.

•••
p.s.Chris, just adding to my previous message since you discussed Sedo's policies about giving people time to get things done.

As a buyer- I think sellers should be given a week to at least initially respond. If they don't- the transaction should be cancelled. When you list something for sale and then don't respond for a week after it's sold it's unprofessional and unacceptable- no matter what the merchandise is. If someone isn't tech savvy, is communicating and really having issues, then no worries. I'm willing to wait a reasonable time.

However, it gets absurd at times. I'm now in the third week of a transaction waiting for the auth code. Nothing big. 300 Euro. The seller, after two weeks of delays, still has "questions and concerns". Today I was informed that in two days he'll get a deadline. If lucky, I'll get this domain three weeks after paid for, more likely a month. If not- my money has been tied up for that duration. A small amount in this case, but often I have much bigger sums stuck in the system because of unprofessional/fraudulent sellers. Is catering to these sort of sellers really worth wasting so much time and resources on? You guys are getting 45 Euros out of this transaction and between me and this seller you wasted way more than 45 Euro on your staff's time. Who knows what this seller's issues are, but after two weeks of not providing the auth code, they should just keep the domain and not waste everybody's time. You guys should apply common sense on a case by case basis.

Last edited:
•••
Hi all,

The sales lander will record traffic the same way in your account as Sedos parked pages. You view these statistics by logging in to your account and selecting Domain Parking. I understand that some of you have requested that the views be displayed directly on the sales landing page, I will forward this to our development team as a suggestion, along with all your other suggestions. We thank you for taking the time to provide your valued feedback.

I wish you every success with your domaining,

Chris.

You already show the "Offer Views" at the current (old) Landing-Pages.

However, the used term “Offer Views” is not correct, since this number is actually showing the amount of “Views” from the first day of a month until the last day of a the month. SEDO is also setting this number back to ZERO at the first day of each and every month. Why ?

This is counter-productive, since when a potential domain-buyer is visiting the Landing-Page of my domain at the first day of a given month, the traffic-number will be very low.

SEDO should re-name this traffic-number from currently “Offer Views” towards “Month-to Date Views”.
SEDO should implement a new traffic-number for “Average Monthy Views”.
SEDO should implement a new traffic-number for “Average Yearly Views”.

Showing “Monthly Views” AND “Yearly Views” will give a potential domain-buyer a good picture of the domain-traffic.

•••
In case of such delays with transfers by the buyer's fault - I usually push the domain into Sedo escrow account and they send my money...

Last edited:
•••
Who knows what this seller's issues are, but after two weeks of not providing the auth code, they should just keep the domain and not waste everybody's time.
Always recheck the desired domains on Sedo...
Tons of Sedo listings are obsolete. And those domains can be even available for regfee.

The same on Afternic.

Last edited:
•••
@Sedo, they reply me with this
Please be informed that your account is still certified for buying and selling domains. However, your domains unfortunately do not meet our advertiser’s quality requirements and are therefore ineligible for our domain parking program.

I guess the guy in Security and Compliance ([email protected]) do not care for my issue.

I wonder, why the following domain do not meet the advertiser’s quality requirements... ?? even I switched to your Sale Page.

5g-blk.png

For the record I never used your landing page for a long time and never break any rules,,, and this is a mistake!

If you guys don't care for my issue, I am happy to stay with my landing page, DAN and EPIK.

•••
+ summer season...
2 weeks of vacations are also can be a reason, why this seller is absent.

p.s. Last few weeks I didn't hear even some of my friends... they disappeared...

Last edited:
•••
@Jurgen Wolf I check domains before I buy them. Often they even have a sedo parking page which in many cases doesn't help transactions complete.

I just think it's weird that with any other product someone buys- a seller not being responsive for a week after a transaction was initiated would be totally unacceptable and a buyer would be able to cancel the transaction and get their money back ASAP but for domains- it's for some reason OK for an intermediary to give the seller two or three weeks while the money is stuck. Same thing goes for buying, BTW. If a buyer doesn't communicate within a week- the deal should be cancelled immediately if the seller wants it cancelled because in the meantime the domain is in limbo and can't be offered for sale.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back