Sedo launches NEW Sales Landing Page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi all,

We were asked to provide a new sales landing page for those of you looking to prioritize the sale of domains over earning money with our parking program. We are therefore excited to launch our brand new Sales Landing Page for your domains listed at Sedo.
Overall, we’ve worked to create a minimalistic design making the sole focus of this landing page layout to aid the sale of the domains being offered.
What we deemed necessary for a more efficient sales landing page:
• Navigation, account features, and even the search bar within the header area as you know from the general Sedo Offer Details Page have been removed. The Sedo logo is the only thing remaining in the header area. This page is just about your domain.
• The Legal fine print has a smaller font size and combined with a lighter text colour it is less distracting, but still readable.
• The font size of the “For sale” information is much bigger to attract visitors attention.
• The size of “Make Offer”/“Buy Now” buttons were increased to a larger width and now are highlighted in a green color making them stand out better from the neutral background.
• We implemented a Trustpilot widget, which displays the positive Sedo-rating status. This boosts confidence in Sedo as a trustworthy business partner and marketplace, thus also increasing the CTR (Click-Through-Rate) for your domain offer.

The Sales Landing Page is responsive, fast and consistent for all domains listed at Sedo for Buy Now and Make Offer. If you want to see a live version from your own device, just visit hium.com.

You can easily select the new Sales Landing Page Layout if the domain is already parked with us directly in your Sedo account. Just log in, go to your Domain Management, select the domain and then choose “Selling” from the “Layout” tab.

We will continue to test its features, listen to your feedback and make improvements.

We are also working on more new exciting updates and changes that have also been requested by our users and we are looking forward to publishing them in future posts. Thanks for your interest in this post, and all the best
Chris

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
the only one who had every asked and listend to my ideas
was undeveleopd / dan so far

•••
There are cheaper, easier, faster services out there now that didn't exist 10 years ago. To advance as a company you MUST compete more thoroughly and more aggressively!
On the other hand, some of Sedo competitors may only dream of such an attention which a " <> launches new something" thread received - already 3 pages or comments, all professional and, generally speaking, positive, in ~1 hour.

Last edited:
•••
@Sedo
What is really important... at least for me... leaks of personal data...
Please don't include the exact domain names in your comments for bank wires you send...
Just transaction # is enough.
Any other data must be not disclosed in the bank documents.

•••
On the other hand, some of Sedo competitors may only dream of such an attention which a " <> launches new something" thread received - already 3 pages or comments, all professional and, generally speaking, positive, in ~1 hour.

that doesn't help the domainer who uses the sedo interface

•••
So with so much talk and innovation coming out of the likes of DAN, Epik and Efty when it comes to sales landers, Sedo has finally added something new to their offerings. Today they announced new sales landers, Sedo said the following: Overall, we’ve worked to create a minimalistic design making the sole focus of […]

Continue Reading

Can we add analytics for the traffic visiting? If not, its worthless to me. Just about every other place allows us to see what traffic is coming to our landers.

•••
Can we add analytics for the traffic visiting? If not, its worthless to me. Just about every other place allows us to see what traffic is coming to our landers.

Good point. I would imagine Sedo will still provide traffic stats like on parked pages but I don't know yet.

Last edited:
•••
•••
that doesn't help the domainer who uses the sedo interface
The best way - powerful API... which works on any device and doesn't require any webdesign.
But lack of it on Sedo.

•••
•••
@Sedo

missing:
most urgently:

use of VAT

in relation to the origin of the buyer versus seller
have VAT ADDED on top of the sale prices

as dan / undeveloped
understood and does

( not forcing me to add 19$ VAT on top of all prices instead )

Last edited:
•••
@sedor

missing:
most urgently:

use of VAT

in relation to the origin of the buyer to the seller
have VAT ADDED on top of the sale prices

as dan / undeveloped
understood and does

( not forcing me to add 19$ VAT on top of all prices instead )

Yes, that is a huge advantage for those of us that are VAT registered. I love that DAN also automatically generates an invoice that shows the VAT when applicable.

•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
@Sedo :
After the new page goes out of beta. Please consider an opportunity to allow the following setup (among other combinations) -
IF the visitor has adblock THEN show new forsale page ELSE show old parking page with forsale banners

•••
•••
@Sedo This is what I got when I point my domain to your NameServer.

blocked.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The lander they introduced is very basic and really isn't supposed to take a lot of work. It's embarrassing that it took them that long to release it.

•••
the next big issue I have with sedo:

why do I need to manually remove the duplicate domains
when adding new domains

that feature alone has cost me xxx hours I guess

•••
Last edited:
•••
the next big issue I have with sedo:

why do I need to manually remove the duplicate domains
when adding new domains

that feature alone has cost me xxx hours I guess
This is due to the previous registrants who don't clean their Sedo accounts.
OR due to registrars when they park on Sedo their expires.

•••
This domain is blacklisted by Google.
Reason: TM
It can be monetized via ZeroClick only OR try this new Sedo sales lander.

I am using their sale lander, Just found out today all my domains blocked from their landing page.

•••
- no extensive/detailed traffic statistics (monthly traffic, yearly traffic)
- Trustpilot-widget is blocked by Ad-Blocker in FireFox and therefore looks strange
- no proper differentiation of the actual domain-name within the text "The domain hium.com is for sale."
- the actual domain-name should be positioned above the other text. The text should be changed towards "This Domain-Name is for sale"
- the text "Buy this domain" should include the actual domain-name
- no "Rent To Own" options available
- etc.

•••
Did it take you that long to make a basic landing page? I'm sorry but this easy work, why would it take you more than a few hours? what did you even do? Why are people happy about this? Why would I use this lander over Dan's, UNI, or whatever lander? what unique feature does it give me?

I'm sorry for the negativity, but this is a useless launch.

Am I the only one who thinks this?

•••
Then open ticket regarding your issue with blocked domains...

Some TM domains can be even delisted by Sedo in case of complaint.

Last edited:
•••
Did it take you that long to make a basic landing page? I'm sorry but this easy work, why would it take you more than a few hours? what did you even do? Why are people happy about this? Why would I use this lander over Dan's, UNI, or whatever lander? what unique feature does it give me?

I'm sorry for the negativity, but this is a useless launch.

Am I the only one who thinks this?
It is useful if you sell domains in BIN mode.
Credible lander is very important.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back