Sedo launches NEW Sales Landing Page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi all,

We were asked to provide a new sales landing page for those of you looking to prioritize the sale of domains over earning money with our parking program. We are therefore excited to launch our brand new Sales Landing Page for your domains listed at Sedo.
Overall, we’ve worked to create a minimalistic design making the sole focus of this landing page layout to aid the sale of the domains being offered.
What we deemed necessary for a more efficient sales landing page:
• Navigation, account features, and even the search bar within the header area as you know from the general Sedo Offer Details Page have been removed. The Sedo logo is the only thing remaining in the header area. This page is just about your domain.
• The Legal fine print has a smaller font size and combined with a lighter text colour it is less distracting, but still readable.
• The font size of the “For sale” information is much bigger to attract visitors attention.
• The size of “Make Offer”/“Buy Now” buttons were increased to a larger width and now are highlighted in a green color making them stand out better from the neutral background.
• We implemented a Trustpilot widget, which displays the positive Sedo-rating status. This boosts confidence in Sedo as a trustworthy business partner and marketplace, thus also increasing the CTR (Click-Through-Rate) for your domain offer.

The Sales Landing Page is responsive, fast and consistent for all domains listed at Sedo for Buy Now and Make Offer. If you want to see a live version from your own device, just visit hium.com.

You can easily select the new Sales Landing Page Layout if the domain is already parked with us directly in your Sedo account. Just log in, go to your Domain Management, select the domain and then choose “Selling” from the “Layout” tab.

We will continue to test its features, listen to your feedback and make improvements.

We are also working on more new exciting updates and changes that have also been requested by our users and we are looking forward to publishing them in future posts. Thanks for your interest in this post, and all the best
Chris

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yep thats right.

At times, I even forget my domain is listed at Sedo since my landing page is at Dan, and even then the buyer chooses to make offer via Sedo, so that speaks about the trust factor.

I think Sedo needs to understand this, and listen up to their Sellers' demands for new changes like giving more info about the buyer, have better landing pages that convert, options to choose advertisement or not, etc etc such demands for changes by sellers are unending and much awaited.

I had conveyed all these things to my point of contact at Sedo, but things didn't change at all.

in my understanding, they earn too much money to care to improve

never change a running system ...

but here comes Dan

•••
hiumsedoscreenshot.png
Hium looks like a stripped down normal Sedo page to me, at least the ads are gone, thanks.

•••
Try on your own domains...

Hium is parked with Just Ads template.
Wrong example is stated by Sedo.

•••
in my understanding, they earn too much money to care to improve

never change a running system ...

but here comes Dan

Agreed, their sales volume are too good to let them think about changing things. But they are forgetting, changes are essential to survive. I have already moved most of my domains' landing pages towards Dan.

Dan is missing just two things as of now - First is Auctions (like Start an Auction) and Second is too many fake offers, lol.

•••
The option of a minimalist lander that has a focus only on selling the domain is overdue, and I am delighted that it is now offered. I look forward to trying it out (which I have not done yet).

Thanks for being active on NPs @Sedo and telling us about the release and answering questions in this thread.

Bob

•••
Show attachment 126874 Hium looks like a stripped down normal Sedo page to me, at least the ads are gone, thanks.

Please refresh or try different browser, Ads are coming as usual to all my domains' landing pages at Sedo.

•••
Please refresh or try different browser, Ads are coming as earlier to all my domains' landing pages at Sedo.
OK you are right, my browser was blocking the ads.

Just changed a domain to the new sales lander and the change was immediate. But it is soliciting offers on a fixed price domain, which should not be happening, so I'll have to check further.

•••
OK you are right, my browser was blocking the ads.

Just changed a domain to the new sales lander and the change was immediate. But it is soliciting offers on a fixed price domain, which should not be happening, so I'll have to check further.

Sure no problem mate. I think their Settings page needs to be minimized and made neater too.

One more thing I forgot to mention is a simple green/red toggle to switch the Ads On/Off on our landing pages, depending on the domain.

I know I might be asking for too much, but just in case if Sedo is listening! By the way, I am registered with them and using them since 2003 so would be good to see them cope up with the newer platforms.

•••
some buy at sedo
even though the name resolves at dan

At times, I even forget my domain is listed at Sedo since my landing page is at Dan, and even then the buyer chooses to make offer via Sedo, so that speaks about the trust factor.

One factor here is Sedo's partner network, which seems to bring people in direct to the Make Offer / BIN page, not the lander. I have domains that go to Dan.com and get next to no traffic there, but get 5 or more views of the Make Offer / BIN page at Sedo each month. As long as those views are not bots, that is a big improvement in offer views by Sedo compared to a few years ago.

Last edited:
•••
Anyway to make bulk changes for all domains in my account for this ?

•••
It's good to see that @Sedo is finally waking up from its hibernation and making some positive moves. Welcome to the 21st century. An optimized landing page is a good start but what Sedo really needs to prioritize (off the top of my head) is:

1. Improve customer support. A chat that works for 2 hours on weekdays is a joke.

2. Make listing domains easier. If Sedo thinks that I'm going to edit nameservers for hundreds of domains to point there and then wait up to 72 hours in order to get listings approved- it's not gonna happen. Editing txt files is even less likely.

3. Set shorter timeframes for sellers and buyers to deliver what they're supposed to and make refunds (if needed) quicker. The amount of domains where my money was stuck for weeks waiting for Sedo to do me a favor, acknowledge that a seller isn't going to deliver the domain and issue a refund is ridiculous. Just as an instance, I currently have one where I've been waiting for two weeks for the auth code. The last message from yesterday is that the seller "asked them some questions about the transaction". Two weeks in, the only thing a seller should do is send the auth code and apologize for wasting everybody's time.

4. Update the interface. It's outdated and buggy.

5. Consider integrating leasing/financing options (installments etc.).

@Sedo, please take this opportunity to listen to what people want and implement. We are buyers and sellers who make you a lot of money and your system is way behind other marketplaces. In my opinion, Dan.com (@Reza) could be a great model to follow where almost everything is automated, customer support is exceptional and refunds are lightning quick. Lower commissions too. To my understanding Dan.com's blockchain technology can be implemented at Sedo and any other marketplace, so maybe you guys should discuss it. I have no affiliation with Dan.com. I just like what they're doing. Epik.com are also doing a lot of great things and as far as leasing/financing are concerned- they're way ahead of anyone else.

Thanks for the consideration.

Hi SuperBrander and thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. I can assure you that Sedo has never been in hibernation, we have been listening to feedback from our customers and as a result we have made some big changes in 2019. Including removing the 60 Euro/USD minimum commission fee to increase profit for sellers, removing certification for standard use to help simplify our marketplace for new users, new updates to parking layouts / new landing page and many more. We also have loads of new updates and changes in the pipeline which will definitely be addressing some of your points raised so thank you for these.

With regards to your points about customer support, live chat is provided by our our German office between 10am – 12 GMT+1 Monday – Friday and between 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM EDT Monday – Friday at our US office. So live chat is available for 4 hours each day, you can change the language of your account between English US and English UK to access these different times. We also respond to most emails received within 24 hours of receipt and we are available to speak with directly by phone if you have an urgent matter. Our Boston office is open between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday EST tel 617-499-7200. You can also speak with me directly if the time zone suits you, I am available Monday to Friday at our German office, 9am -5pm GMT+1 on 0049 221 340 30 230 152.

Cheers Chris

•••
•••
If sedo customers choose this lander instead of the parking lander, do you still offer 10% commission on buy it now sales?

Hey and thanks for your comment.

Yes, domains sold with Sedos sales lander active on, will have a 10% commission fee applied to the sale.

All the best, Chris

•••
we have been listening to feedback from our customers and as a result we have made some big changes in 2019. Including removing the 60 Euro/USD minimum commission fee to increase profit for sellers
But this minimum still exists for Sedo escrow users (External Transfer Service).

•••
I can assure you that Sedo has never been in hibernation, we have been listening to feedback from our customers and as a result we have made some big changes in 2019. Including removing the 60 Euro/USD minimum commission fee to increase profit for sellers, removing certification for standard use to help simplify our marketplace for new users,

no offense Chris

but we are talking about the handling and usability of the domainers interface

that's pure 1999

•••
Sounds good, but the very example page you use - hium.com - uses ads and not the sales lander anymore... At least not where I am.

Hi thanks for your comment,

Please try searching again, we refreshed the page, it shows the sales lander when we call up the page here.

Cheers Chris

•••
•••
Anyway to make bulk changes for all domains in my account for this ?

>Domain Management >Parking Optimisation >Layout, where sales lander is a dropdown option.

That updates 200 at a time, but at the top of the page there is a small box you can tick to apply the update to ALL your Sedo domains, and that takes some time to run.

Last edited:
•••
'Trustpilot widget, which displays the positive Sedo-rating status' is like a feedback for the seller? @Sedo

•••
Thank you @Sedo . I have changed the lander on just one domain to test. Imho it is still in beta:

1) Localization is incomplete. I tried to play with language selection in the bottom. After I selected Spanish -
the page was changed, almost all in Spanish, but the main text (the domain ... is for sale) was still in English. I have then selected Russian and ended up on generic "what sedo offers" page which is not domain-for-sale page.

2) Trustpilot widget is blocked by my adblock. OK, not a big deal. With the exception that I still saw not centered text "trustpilot" in blue font.

3) There is no need to show trustpilot at all. 18% negative reviews? It would not improve sales

4) Two main elements - the forsale text and buynow form - are not looking well together. One tends to be on the left side, another is strictly tied to the right side. Too many empty space between, right in the center of the screen, which is the most important area

5) There is no easy way for a vistor to contact anybody (seller or sedo) with pre-sales questions. All he can do is to open a separate "company info" link in the bottom, and on a new page he will see contact @ sedo email address. Which is not good. First, contact@ is not support@. Second, this contact@ will start receive emails like "Hello, I am offering you $1000 for this domain, please let me know. Thank you, John Doe". I mean inquiries without a domain included inside. How to solve this? Simply, by adding customer support or contact us form right on domainsales page, and this form should also contain the domain name as invisible (or visible) field.

6) Colors and fonts selection is not optimal. Small text (below the forsale slogan) is barely readable, at least on my mac

Last edited:
•••
but we are talking about the handling and usability of the domainers interface

that's pure 1999
German webdesign traditions are very conservative...
From my own observation of many German websites...

•••
But it is soliciting offers on a fixed price domain, which should not be happening, so I'll have to check further.
Yeah, I also saw this in one browser. But not in another browser. Must be a confirmed bug then.

•••
Thanks Sedo! Good to see something new

•••
•••
German webdesign traditions are very conservative...
From my own observation of many German websites...

no not at all

I can't confirm that

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back