Sedo launches NEW Sales Landing Page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi all,

We were asked to provide a new sales landing page for those of you looking to prioritize the sale of domains over earning money with our parking program. We are therefore excited to launch our brand new Sales Landing Page for your domains listed at Sedo.
Overall, we’ve worked to create a minimalistic design making the sole focus of this landing page layout to aid the sale of the domains being offered.
What we deemed necessary for a more efficient sales landing page:
• Navigation, account features, and even the search bar within the header area as you know from the general Sedo Offer Details Page have been removed. The Sedo logo is the only thing remaining in the header area. This page is just about your domain.
• The Legal fine print has a smaller font size and combined with a lighter text colour it is less distracting, but still readable.
• The font size of the “For sale” information is much bigger to attract visitors attention.
• The size of “Make Offer”/“Buy Now” buttons were increased to a larger width and now are highlighted in a green color making them stand out better from the neutral background.
• We implemented a Trustpilot widget, which displays the positive Sedo-rating status. This boosts confidence in Sedo as a trustworthy business partner and marketplace, thus also increasing the CTR (Click-Through-Rate) for your domain offer.

The Sales Landing Page is responsive, fast and consistent for all domains listed at Sedo for Buy Now and Make Offer. If you want to see a live version from your own device, just visit hium.com.

You can easily select the new Sales Landing Page Layout if the domain is already parked with us directly in your Sedo account. Just log in, go to your Domain Management, select the domain and then choose “Selling” from the “Layout” tab.

We will continue to test its features, listen to your feedback and make improvements.

We are also working on more new exciting updates and changes that have also been requested by our users and we are looking forward to publishing them in future posts. Thanks for your interest in this post, and all the best
Chris

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If no changes, according to Sedo TOS: Buyer has 6 days for payment.
So as Seller - you may freely ask your transfer manager on 7th day to cancel this non-paid transaction - and it will be cancelled.
Never had any problems regarding this matter.

•••
@Jurgen Wolf As a seller I hardly use Sedo anymore because of their verification process. But that's good to know. Thanks.

•••
Using their nameservers - verification process is not hard... and almost instant.
My domains are usually fully active and listed within 15 minutes.

I have delays only if certain domain already exists in another Sedo account...
In this case I use TXT record with my unique ID - and entire verification process takes no more than few hours.

•••
I use Sedo only for BIN domains... few tens maximum.
No any sense to list there all your domains.

•••
@Jurgen Wolf I use Afternic for BINs. At this point I have domains scattered all around at different registrars. I have old ones still listed at Sedo. If I spend an afternoon on it- I should be able to get the rest verified, but I've been reluctant to do it and don't really like the idea that I'll have to continue doing it every time I buy a new domain. It's just annoying. For the same reason I don't use Flippa anymore (well, that and a few other reasons). The system at Sedo is outdated and isn't user friendly as it is so on top of that instead of making it easy to list domains, it's an added procedure that doesn't even seem to be effective considering the amount of domains listed by previous owners, fraudulent transactions etc. I'm doing well elsewhere but might eventually give up and do it because it's kind of stupid giving up on such a big marketplace, but since Sedo is planning on improving things- I'll wait for that and see what's in store.

•••
I don't think that lack of verification is a good idea...
When anybody can list any domain without any problems.

•••
@Jurgen Wolf Sedo could evaluate accounts and give trustworthy sellers a pass from this procedure. If it's someone new, then by all means. Verify their ownership. But after making sales there and constantly buying domains there on almost a daily basis- why do I, or any other trustworthy client, have to go through this procedure each and every time for each and every domain?

•••
@Jurgen Wolf I use Afternic for BINs. At this point I have domains scattered all around at different registrars. I have old ones still listed at Sedo. If I spend an afternoon on it- I should be able to get the rest verified, but I've been reluctant to do it and don't really like the idea that I'll have to continue doing it every time I buy a new domain. It's just annoying. For the same reason I don't use Flippa anymore (well, that and a few other reasons). The system at Sedo is outdated and isn't user friendly as it is so on top of that instead of making it easy to list domains, it's an added procedure that doesn't even seem to be effective considering the amount of domains listed by previous owners, fraudulent transactions etc. I'm doing well elsewhere but might eventually give up and do it because it's kind of stupid giving up on such a big marketplace, but since Sedo is planning on improving things- I'll wait for that and see what's in store.

the "TXT-verification" which SEDO has in place is actually a very good thing.
It is easy and simple to do.

How else do you want to verify a domain-owner when WHOIS-privacy is in place ?

•••
I know some "trustworthy sellers" who listed my domains on Flippa...
They don't even care what they have... just uploaded their Excel file where many domains were dropped.
This is from my own experience.

•••
Yeah, even hugedomains does not know what they own - I've seen this on >1 occasions. And, they list their portfolio both on Sedo and Afternic. Without dns TXT verification, unfortunately.

•••
I know some "trustworthy sellers" who listed my domains on Flippa...
They don't even care what they have... just uploaded their Excel file where many domains were dropped.
This is from my own experience.
And then I spent few hours of my time for communication with Flippa...
Just waste of my time due to so-called "trustworthy sellers" with X,XXX/XX,XXX domains.

•••
@Larion All I know is that when I list at other marketplaces, I don't have to deal with this stuff. No nameserver changes, no TXT changes. Nothing. I add the domains and that's it. Adding TXT or doing anything else may seem like a small thing to do, but ultimately all these small things add up especially when you have a big portfolio and domains are scattered around. If my user experience would have been fantastic at Sedo and that was the only problem- then I'm sure I would spend the time to do it. Since it isn't and there are plenty of alternatives that make my life easier plus offer more options- I'm mostly using those for now.

@Jurgen Wolf I see your point. There will always be a few bad players and mistakes can also happen accidentally. I think we've all had them. But overall, I think Sedo can try to make things easier for people who use their platform a lot. If something goes wrong... well, it can be dealt with on an individual basis plus- there are so many problems with ownership and fraudulent transactions anyway that giving clients who have consistently proved themselves in the past a pass, should leave things pretty much where they're at now.

•••
Because other marketplaces don't care about their reputation.

•••
DNS txt verification is not hard at all. A domainer normally tends to consolidate the porttfolio with a limited number of registrars. All (or almost all) domainer-friendly registrars do offer bulk dns management. So, it is a matter of minutes: set dns profile with just 1 record of TXT type inside, bulk change dns to registrar-powered dns with this profile, add domains to sedo, wait a little. Then, bulk change dns servers back to the original values (another parking, hosting, whatever). Domains will remain at sedo - successfully verified. There is no obligation to maintain said TXT records forever. Also, there is no obligation to really host the added domains with sedo parking or sales landers, but lets say sedomls - why not?

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
@Jurgen Wolf Sedo cares about their reputation more than other marketplaces? I don't think so. They all care about their reputation and at this point in time the rest are doing very well too without having to complicate things for people who want to list domains.

@tonyk2000 Like I said earlier, it isn't hard. My domains aren't very consolidated at the moment. I have domains at the moment at around 12 registrars. Can I take an hour or two to do it? Of course. But it annoys me that I'm expected to do it and that from now I'll have to go through this procedure every time. I quite value my time and I don't like the fact that I have to give special treatment to Sedo every time I want to list a domain there. As a seller I'm doing very well without Sedo so I'm still gonna wait and see what changes they make and then decide if they're a good incentive to get back on the Sedo train.

•••
Then your philosophy is like: anybody can list my house for sale without my permission.

•••
No. I guess my philosophy is: Vet new clients. Let clients who consistently proved themselves trustworthy the benefit of the doubt. If they have three strikes- degrade their status.

A little long and not as catchy as yours, but I think that it sums up my philosophy better. :)

•••
Then contact your dedicated Sedo manager and discuss it individually per your account.
What problems???

Last edited:
•••
@Jurgen Wolf My use of Sedo so far didn't include having a dedicated Sedo manager, as far as I know. Or a non dedicated one for that matter. Either way, I'm not addressing Sedo here in order to solve my specific issue as a seller with them but in order to hopefully try and show them that their system isn't domainer friendly and could be improved. Dan.com does everything it can to listen to people's issues and implement them because they understand that domainers are their bread and butter. Why not Sedo? They've basically been frozen in time since the end of the 90's. It's probably time to reinvent the platform and listening to domainers should be a top priority. I've had exchanges in the past with Sedo's reps and it all went into a void. Nothing ever changed. I think @frank-germany could also attest to that. Today they have a rep here and they're actually reading this thread and responding publicly so it's a good opportunity to try and improve things on a systematic level instead of for one person. What can I say? I'm an idealist. I like it when sites listen to their users, consider their feedback and implement changes based on that feedback if possible. Kinda crazy but it seems to be working well for some of them.

Last edited:
•••
There is another method... if nameservers or TXT record are too hard for you...
Organization and State fields in WHOIS are always visible... put your email address into any of them.
And this is enough for Sedo WHOIS parser to verify you (from my own experience).

•••
@Jurgen Wolf Thanks. None of the verification options is hard for me. It's just their existence in the first place. Anyway... I need to get back to other things so hopefully other people can continue discussing Sedo related issues and maybe also the landing pages. :)

•••
Regarding managers...
You can ask via their LiveChat: who is your dedicated manager...
I don't see any problems here.

•••
@Jurgen Wolf Thanks. None of the verification options is hard for me. It's just their existence in the first place. Anyway... I need to get back to other things so hopefully other people can continue discussing Sedo related issues and maybe also the landing pages. :)

ask them for a sedo "pro" account

•••
I have an easier time managing my domains at sedo. I can take a list of hundreds of names and bulk edit them, delete them etc. I cannot do anything efficiently at afternic. I have good sales there, but it is timely to try to manage them one by one. I guess I see why no one deletes them and I have to then write to have old listings removed. I wish Dan had an easy bulk search for domains feature for bulk price edits, deletes etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back