Sedo launches NEW Sales Landing Page

NameSilo
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi all,

We were asked to provide a new sales landing page for those of you looking to prioritize the sale of domains over earning money with our parking program. We are therefore excited to launch our brand new Sales Landing Page for your domains listed at Sedo.
Overall, we’ve worked to create a minimalistic design making the sole focus of this landing page layout to aid the sale of the domains being offered.
What we deemed necessary for a more efficient sales landing page:
• Navigation, account features, and even the search bar within the header area as you know from the general Sedo Offer Details Page have been removed. The Sedo logo is the only thing remaining in the header area. This page is just about your domain.
• The Legal fine print has a smaller font size and combined with a lighter text colour it is less distracting, but still readable.
• The font size of the “For sale” information is much bigger to attract visitors attention.
• The size of “Make Offer”/“Buy Now” buttons were increased to a larger width and now are highlighted in a green color making them stand out better from the neutral background.
• We implemented a Trustpilot widget, which displays the positive Sedo-rating status. This boosts confidence in Sedo as a trustworthy business partner and marketplace, thus also increasing the CTR (Click-Through-Rate) for your domain offer.

The Sales Landing Page is responsive, fast and consistent for all domains listed at Sedo for Buy Now and Make Offer. If you want to see a live version from your own device, just visit hium.com.

You can easily select the new Sales Landing Page Layout if the domain is already parked with us directly in your Sedo account. Just log in, go to your Domain Management, select the domain and then choose “Selling” from the “Layout” tab.

We will continue to test its features, listen to your feedback and make improvements.

We are also working on more new exciting updates and changes that have also been requested by our users and we are looking forward to publishing them in future posts. Thanks for your interest in this post, and all the best
Chris

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For example, from our niche...

German Hexonet...
Just recently changed its panel to non-archaic look...

German Joker is still archaic even after redesign...

etc.

Last edited:
•••
Also, maybe keeping 'offer views' on the lander would be a good idea? I know for me it's a call-to-action for buying, let's the end user know people are actively looking at listing and it can be sold at anytime. Sense of urgency.

And the BBB badge/Buying-steps (maybe a more minimalist version?) was also nice for boosting confidence.

I'm sure the page will continue to be optimized with time, hopefully

Last edited:
•••
It's a start, but there needs to be better contact options for buyers. And I guess installments and rental is too much to ask for...

•••
@Sedo Chris, thanks for taking the time to respond and I'm glad to hear that Sedo is going to address some issues that I mentioned.

I think the fact that you guys have been in hibernation is pretty much indisputable. Making some cosmetic changes in 2019 is a good first step but for 20 years people have been begging for some updates and nothing has been done. Your platform is a dinosaur. Bulky and way behind other specimens that have adapted and evolved. The best things that you guys have are the experience and trust factor. Pretty much everything else- your competitors are doing better. I've encountered so many bugs and hurdles for listing domains- that I'm pretty much using you guys just to buy and not to sell at this point. As a seller- you guys are making me jump through hoops in order to list names and as a buyer I'm often frustrated with the illogical amount of time you keep funds while a seller clearly either isn't the owner or made a pricing mistake and ignores communications.

Regarding the live chat- so you guys offer 2 hours in Germany and two hours in the US at strange hours. That's very unhelpful even to people in Europe (I'm in the US). Am I really expected to keep checking two different time zones and try to hit those magical hours where Sedo do clients a favor and accept chats? If I were you guys, I'd look into your chat feature because offering 4 hours at inconvenient hours isn't a serious service. But the chat is really the lesser issue. As @frank-germany wrote- the handling and usability of the domaining interface is the bigger issue. I look forward to seeing how you guys will continue to improve the platform.

Thanks again for your time.

Last edited:
•••
Overall, I don't like heavy UIs... even if they look very modern...
The less JavaScript - the better.

Last edited:
•••
Also, maybe keeping 'offer views' on the lander would be a good idea? I know for me it's a call-to-action for buying, let's the end user know people are actively looking at listing and it can be sold at anytime. Sense of urgency.

And the BBB badge/Buying-steps (maybe a more minimalist version?) was also nice for boosting confidence.

I'm sure the page will continue to be optimized with time, hopefully
Offer's view & traffic should remain , seller country should be removed and on page something like this: ' Feedback as seller *** or 70% trusted as seller '

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think the fact that you guys have been in hibernation is pretty much indisputable. Making some cosmetic changes in 2019 is a good first step but for 20 years people have been begging for some updates and nothing has been done. Your platform is a dinosaur. Bulky and way behind other specimens that have adapted and evolved. The best things that you guys have are the experience and trust factor. Pretty much everything else- your competitors are doing better.

thank you @SuperBrander

I fully support all you said

•••
The less javascript - the better
And in a new forsale page (as per the html code) maybe a dozen of different java scripts are included. Which makes little sense. The page may load slower if the visitor is on some limited 3g for example. There is nothing (visible) on forsale page that requires so many java.
Cc @Sedo

•••
Bottleneck for JavaScript - CPU.
Internet connection bandwidth has minimal impact.

Last edited:
•••
Overall, I don't like heavy UIs... even if they look very modern...
The less JavaScript - the better.

Maybe the new sales lander is optimized for Netscape ;)

•••
PS maybe before @Sedo and other marketplaces , before do a change major or minor , should ask here opinion of community & what should they change and chose only what is good for both sides

•••
•••
Offer's view & traffic should remain , seller country should be removed
Even better - let the seller decide what of these 3 elements should or should not be shown.

•••
PS maybe before @Sedo and other marketplaces , before do a change major or minor , should ask here opinion of community & what should they change and chose only what is good for both sides

what a revolutionary approach

•••
what a revolutionary approach
Why not , on NP are arround 1 mil domainers , SEDO have 2 million customers + if here something show up all community know ( sales , trend , etc..)

•••
•••
The placement of the Trustpilot widget is weird; it isn't clear what is "Great" until you click on it.

Until then, it's hard to tell if it's referring to the domain, the seller, the price, Sedo, etc.

The widget belongs in the blue bar at the bottom of the page - if you really must include it at all. Anything less than 5/5 simply opens up new questions - especially when 18% rated Sedo as "Bad, 1/5". Why voluntarily introduce doubts in the minds of your potential customers?

imho.....

Besides that, the landing page is a nice improvement. Well done.

Still, for me to consider using Sedo as my go-to marketplace, you need to focus more on INNOVATION in this space. Payment plans, near-instant deals (for a lot less than 20%), a better auction platform, simpler fee structure (make it a flat 10% for all sales, whether it's parked/not parked, fixed price/make offer/auction), etc. Sedo feels like a dinosaur compared to some other options nowadays. There are cheaper, easier, faster services out there now that didn't exist 10 years ago. To advance as a company you MUST compete more thoroughly and more aggressively!

•••
The placement of the Trustpilot widget is weird; it isn't clear what is "Great" until you click on it.

Until then, it's hard to tell if it's referring to the domain, the seller, the price, Sedo, etc.

The widget belongs in the blue bar at the bottom of the page - if you really must include it at all. Anything less than 5/5 simply opens up new questions - especially when 18% rated Sedo as "Bad, 1/5". Why voluntarily introduce doubts in the minds of your potential customers?

imho.....

Besides that, the landing page is a nice improvement. Well done.

Still, for me to consider using Sedo as my go-to marketplace, you need to focus more on INNOVATION in this space. Payment plans, near-instant deals (for a lot less than 20%), a better auction platform, simpler fee structure (make it a flat 10% for all sales, whether it's parked/not parked, fixed price/make offer/auction), etc. Sedo feels like a dinosaur compared to some other options nowadays. There are cheaper, easier, faster services out there now that didn't exist 10 years ago. To advance as a company you MUST compete more thoroughly and more aggressively!

was thinking is about me as a seller on @Sedo :xf.frown: , but is about SEDO as platform

•••
Hi all,

We were asked to provide a new sales landing page for those of you looking to prioritize the sale of domains over earning money with our parking program. We are therefore excited to launch our brand new Sales Landing Page for your domains listed at Sedo.
Overall, we’ve worked to create a minimalistic design making the sole focus of this landing page layout to aid the sale of the domains being offered.
What we deemed necessary for a more efficient sales landing page:
• Navigation, account features, and even the search bar within the header area as you know from the general Sedo Offer Details Page have been removed. The Sedo logo is the only thing remaining in the header area. This page is just about your domain.
• The Legal fine print has a smaller font size and combined with a lighter text colour it is less distracting, but still readable.
• The font size of the “For sale” information is much bigger to attract visitors attention.
• The size of “Make Offer”/“Buy Now” buttons were increased to a larger width and now are highlighted in a green color making them stand out better from the neutral background.
• We implemented a Trustpilot widget, which displays the positive Sedo-rating status. This boosts confidence in Sedo as a trustworthy business partner and marketplace, thus also increasing the CTR (Click-Through-Rate) for your domain offer.

The Sales Landing Page is responsive, fast and consistent for all domains listed at Sedo for Buy Now and Make Offer. If you want to see a live version from your own device, just visit hium.com.

You can easily select the new Sales Landing Page Layout if the domain is already parked with us directly in your Sedo account. Just log in, go to your Domain Management, select the domain and then choose “Selling” from the “Layout” tab.

We will continue to test its features, listen to your feedback and make improvements.

We are also working on more new exciting updates and changes that have also been requested by our users and we are looking forward to publishing them in future posts. Thanks for your interest in this post, and all the best
Chris
At first glance, looking quickly, we thought you had used our domain name Hlium.com for your sample page.

•••
@Sedo
What is really important... at least for me... leaks of personal data...
Please don't include the exact domain names in your comments for bank wires you send...

Last edited:
•••
At first glance, looking quickly, we thought you had used our domain name Hlium.com for your sample page
that would have been great!

An interesting idea for a marketplace would be to seek community input, and then reward whoever submitted the best suggestions with using one of their domain names as the example, which would give it lots of promotion! :xf.smile:

Bob

•••

An interesting idea for a marketplace would be to seek community input, and then reward whoever submitted the best suggestions with using one of their domain names as the example, which would give it lots of promotion! :xf.smile:

Bob
Agreed, Thanks Bob!

•••

Agreed. I think aftermarkets should be including domain investors more during any development process.

Get feedback, survey us, what to add? what to keep? what to remove? Majority rules. Benefits everyone. Investors get what they want, marketplaces get loyal investors because they have a hand in it.

•••

Bob
Yes for a split second we thought we had caught a splendid promo from Sedo :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back