NameSilo

Sedo is bad

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Here is the story that I am currently witnessing.

I bought a domain (and it's a pretty serious domain) through Sedo. Around two weeks ago!

And what do you think they do? Around two weeks ago they told they transferred it to Sedo account and keep it there for generating revenue via clicks instead of transferring it to my account.

It's just because their contract doesn't say WHEN they are going to give you a domain you bought. They just generate wealth keeping it for strangely long time instead if transferring it to you.

I thought Sedo makes money on escrow services.....

If I was to give an opinion on Sedo it would be negative, will not recommend. And I am seriously thinking of moving towards Escrow.com*

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For how long they keep your domain?

•••
As I said, around two weeks

And that's a serious domain generating revenue via clicks.

•••
As I said, around two weeks

And that's a serious domain generating revenue via clicks.

How you paid for this domain?
Sometimes they hold domain for security reasons.

•••
The payment has been accepted and the domain had been transferred to Sedo account from previous owner two week ago

•••
Hi Levon,

Please understand our transfer service aims to facilitate domains transactions as quickly and securely as possible. We do not hold domains to generate click revenue.

We are working diligently to transfer the domain in the most secure manner possible.

If you have any further questions about completing the transfer, please send me a PM, or contact your transfer agent through your Sedo account. We (Sedo) are available and would be happy to help you complete this process.

Kind regards,

Jeff

•••
•••
Hi Levon,

Please understand our transfer service aims to facilitate domains transactions as quickly and securely as possible. We do not hold domains to generate click revenue.

We are working diligently to transfer the domain in the most secure manner possible.

If you have any further questions about completing the transfer, please send me a PM, or contact your transfer agent through your Sedo account. We (Sedo) are available and would be happy to help you complete this process.

Kind regards,

Jeff

Aloha Jeff,

After reading this thread I have contacted you directly in a hopeful attempt to get some help with a transaction at sedo that has gone south!

Regards,
Marlowe

•••
Hi Levon,

Kind regards,

Jeff

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The major auction players like Sedo and Moniker appear to have ever-present lurkers in this and other domainer forums, looking to smother fires before the word spreads about shoddy and abysmal service.

When domainers wake up and realize how much clout they really have over Sedo and those of their ilk, then domainers will be in a better position to not get screwed with parking and auction revenue.

I wouldn't trust most of them as far as I could spit. When Jeff as Sedo states,"We do not hold domains to generate click revenue.", does that mean the name isn't in the "generating revenue" mode every second it is under the control of Sedo? I think not.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSedo.

•••
Couldn't sedo just remove any form of advertising on the domain page while the domain transaction is in progress?

If sedo is not interested in the click revenue, they could leave the domain as just a white page.. or perhaps anything related to sedo, but no third party adverts.

•••
Couldn't sedo just remove any form of advertising on the domain page while the domain transaction is in progress?

If sedo is not interested in the click revenue, they could leave the domain as just a white page.. or perhaps anything related to sedo, but no third party adverts.

There's a glaring lack of transparency with parking companies that allows them to suck every buck out of YOUR ASSETS (domain names), while giving you the short end of awful customer service, not to mention the lack of accountability for how much money you get screwed out of because you don't have the real numbers. IMHO, if you think Sedo is giving you a fair shake, then you need your head examined.

•••
So who should we trust for escrow so we dont get scammed when selling/buying domains?

•••
Banks have to clear payments in a set time frame. It's reasonable to expect these domain companies to do the same.

I got a Sedo offer with the message the buyer would pay instantly. I replied saying that was very nice but Sedo would hold the money for two weeks after getting it so that was no real benefit to me.

I'd like to see a calculation of how much interest and parking revenue they get from unjustified delays.

•••
I'd like to see a calculation of how much interest and parking revenue they get from unjustified delays.

Yes, so would the rest of us, but don't hold your breath waiting.

•••
It's bad because it's an evident "extortion".

Yoonoo.com has no value to others except for the new owner. He paid $4k+ for it. So now some guy in Korea reads about the sedo sale and attempts - foolishly - to extort money from a published sale.

The funny thing is that he pointed it to sedo right away :-D :bingo:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back