Domain Empire
NameSilo
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi NameLinker,

PM sent.

Always,
Keith

•••
Keith, can you please read back a post and tell me why it's taking over a week to verify my domain.

Edit: And now it's getting weirder. I has 1 domain that was submitted over a week ago that hasn't been verified, and one that's a few days old and hasn't been verified, but the one that I added yesterday has already been verified?

Why is this, All my domains have URL forwarding on to the Parking page.

Last edited:
•••
FGClips. I know that you are looking for an answer from Keith, and this probably isn't the solution to your problem, but most of the times when I hear about it taking too long for them to approve a name, it is because of the contact info. If you have a private registration on the name or if you have different information for your whois, such as a different email or a typo in your name, then that could be why it is taking a long time. They often recommend that you email them from the email address associated with the domain that is taking too long to be approved.

So, I will ask this for Keith, because it probably would be his first question and will help him answer your question better. Do you have private registration on the names in question and/or have you checked to make sure that everything in the whois is correct?

As I said at the beginning, this might not be the solution to your problem, but it at the very least, probably will help Keith with your problem.

•••
Sleepys said:
FGClips. I know that you are looking for an answer from Keith, and this probably isn't the solution to your problem, but most of the times when I hear about it taking too long for them to approve a name, it is because of the contact info. If you have a private registration on the name or if you have different information for your whois, such as a different email or a typo in your name, then that could be why it is taking a long time. They often recommend that you email them from the email address associated with the domain that is taking too long to be approved.

So, I will ask this for Keith, because it probably would be his first question and will help him answer your question better. Do you have private registration on the names in question and/or have you checked to make sure that everything in the whois is correct?

As I said at the beginning, this might not be the solution to your problem, but it at the very least, probably will help Keith with your problem.
Yeah, that's probably the problem. I have a protection on the who-is information. What would I do if there is NO e-mail associated with the registered with the domain (or not one that I own, since it's protected).

But at Sedo it says:
"Tip:
If you park your domains with Sedo, we can tell automatically that you own the domain(s). All you have to do is change your DNS settings at your registrar to:

Primary name server: NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM
Primary Server IP: 217.160.95.94
Secondary name server: NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM
Secondary Server IP: 217.160.141.142

Or you can forward your domain's URL to http://www.sedoparking.com/domain.com where 'domain.com' is replaced by your domain name."

So shouldn't it be done automatically if I have URL forwarding on?

Edit: But I just realized that I own the e-mail that is @mydomain.com, so Keight, if you need me to e-mail you from that, I can.

•••
FGclips said:
Keith, can you please read back a post and tell me why it's taking over a week to verify my domain.

Edit: And now it's getting weirder. I has 1 domain that was submitted over a week ago that hasn't been verified, and one that's a few days old and hasn't been verified, but the one that I added yesterday has already been verified?

Why is this, All my domains have URL forwarding on to the Parking page.

Hi FGClips,

Whenever the system cannot verify the information in a Sedo account against the information available in the Whois records, the process then has to be carried out manually. This can cause delays, especially if there is a lot of domain additions and migrations at any given time. If your domains are behind privacy protection services, you should try to temporarily disable this until the domains have been verified (if you can, of course).

At the very least, you should try to make sure that the verified email address in your Sedo account matches that in the Whois records. Most other information is secondary to this.

We're looking for ways to make the system smarter (if anyone's not sure, repeated queries to a Whois server can also cause locks which then cause delays), faster, and more automated. For the time being, though, making sure everythign matches up is the best course. We apologize for any delays (especially if they take longer than is stated), but appreciate continued patience.

And as a sidenote, parking the domain does not always verify this. Essentially, if the domain was previously listed by another member, there is no true way to tell that the new owner was the person who made this change.

Take care all!

Always,
Keith

•••
Hi Keith,

Would you please help me to fix that iFrame problem?
(My early post)

Thanks,

Bill

•••
Hello,

Long time ago I contacted Sascha Ringling, Daniel Klotz and now Rebecca Hazell to issue my earnings for the month of August and September both said that we are investigating the matter. I have still not got my money! and they are not responding to my emails any more.
I do not know what is going through the minds of sedo support and why they are not willing to pay me!

Thanks

•••
Hi totalmasala,

PM sent.

Bill: I can again look into this issue, but I cannot guarantee that there is much I can do.

Take care!

Always,
Keith

•••
In my parking stats I have:

694 Domains on other pages: 797 -1 €-0.09

Originally this was -1 €-0.03

What is this about? Negative parking revenue?!

•••
I'm trying to add a domain and get this error:

We're sorry, but we cannot accept this domain at this time due to traffic irregularities within the past 6 months.

What is a "traffic irregularity"? This domain is a recent pickup for me and I need to be able to add it to my sedo account.

I left voice mail for tech support but no reply. Any advice?

•••
My sedo pages are taking ages to open, sometimes I have to click the refresh button 5 or 6 times before I can see anything at all.

It's a problem unique to sedo because other pages are working normally, so it's not me...

•••
Mine aren't doing that. What browser are you using?

•••
I've tried it in IE6 and Firefox 2.

My domains are working again now, but for some reason I kept having to re-enter the url, or click refresh if they had started opening.

It's happened before a few times as well.

•••
NameCharger said:
I'm trying to add a domain and get this error:

We're sorry, but we cannot accept this domain at this time due to traffic irregularities within the past 6 months.

What is a "traffic irregularity"? This domain is a recent pickup for me and I need to be able to add it to my sedo account.

I left voice mail for tech support but no reply. Any advice?

Hi NameCharger,

My recommendation would be to send inquiries regarding "traffic irregularities" directly to [email protected]. These things are monitored and controlled by Sedo's Quality Management team and they can work with you to resolve this issue.

Take care!

Always,
Keith

gooster said:
In my parking stats I have:

694 Domains on other pages: 797 -1 €-0.09

Originally this was -1 €-0.03

What is this about? Negative parking revenue?!

Hi Gooster,

Send me your Sedo acocunt information in a PM so I can take a look at your account.

Always,
Keith

•••
Sedo.com appears to not be resolving on Internet Explorer for me right now, only on Firefox. Is anyone else experiencing this?

--Nevermind, it is working now.

Last edited:
•••
Sedo said:
My recommendation would be to send inquiries regarding "traffic irregularities" directly to [email protected]. These things are monitored and controlled by Sedo's Quality Management team and they can work with you to resolve this issue.
Email sent, hopefully we can get this one added to my account. Thanks.

•••
Keith,

we are doing 30-50euro per day with 1 domain on regular sedo account. Can you please upgrade our account to sedopro or speed up the process? I sent you a PM.

•••
I want to ask what design templates has more CTR. Currently I use default template but it's the ugliest one. If change template to more beautiful will I get more clicks?

•••
Ergo said:
I want to ask what design templates has more CTR. Currently I use default template but it's the ugliest one. If change template to more beautiful will I get more clicks?

Yes, it is.
My friend is using this method.Just some more.

•••
Problem with Registering at SEDO

The registration page keeps refreshing, whilst loading ADS... to halt this, I hit stop in the browser. After entering all details and pressing Next, the page is refreshed, no continuance, and no error message.

I want to sell one domain and that's it... can't register...

•••
Hi Keith,

Would you please let us know what's that codes stand for?

<iframe width="1" height="1" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" hspace="0" vspace="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://pbid.pro-market.net/engine?site=108356+size=1x1+kw=fans inc"></iframe>

It's kill search engine for sure. Why sedo must use this codes?

Thanks,

Bill

•••
valerie said:
Keith,

we are doing 30-50euro per day with 1 domain on regular sedo account. Can you please upgrade our account to sedopro or speed up the process? I sent you a PM.

Hi Valerie,

I will follow up with your PM, but please also take a moment to visit www.sedopro.com and apply for membership.

Ergo said:

Hi Ergo,

We've found that "Retro Green" is one of the best-performing parking templates. However, you should choose one that fits the domain topic best. You may also want to rotate them about once every two weeks to see which one has the greatest impact.

proprod said:
The registration page keeps refreshing, whilst loading ADS... to halt this, I hit stop in the browser. After entering all details and pressing Next, the page is refreshed, no continuance, and no error message.

I want to sell one domain and that's it... can't register...

Hi ProProd,

PM Sent.

Domain123 said:
Hi Keith,

Would you please let us know what's that codes stand for?

<iframe width="1" height="1" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" hspace="0" vspace="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://pbid.pro-market.net/engine?site=108356+size=1x1+kw=fans inc"></iframe>

It's kill search engine for sure. Why sedo must use this codes?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Your SedoPro account manager has been notified of your request and should be able to follow up with you. Please contact him for specific questions about the parking of your domains. In the meantime, please also make sure that you are not using frames through your registrar, as this will affect the source code for the domain.

Take care, all!

Always,
Keith

•••
Keith,

Again, I want to thank you for your commitment to this thread.
Your posts have been timely, consistent, and have surely elevated the reputation of Sedo within our community. :tu:

Members,

Again, I want to thank you for keeping this thread focused and On Topic!

Peace,
Cy

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
Keith,

Again, I want to thank you for your commitment to this thread.
Your posts have been timely, consistent, and have surely elevated the reputation of Sedo within our community. :tu:

Members,

Again, I want to thank you for keeping this thread focused and On Topic!

Peace,
Cy

My thanks go out to everyone as well for making this a constructive thread and for not being too hard on me! ;) I'm happy that I'm able to be more of a presence from Sedo to help get the community talking and working together.

Thanks, Cy, for the positive words!

And ok: On a slightly more business-like note, Sedo's holding a new themed auction, and I quote:

"The “Around the World in 7 Days” auction will be hosted on the Sedo website (www.sedo.com) and will run from 2:00 pm EST (8 pm CET) on February 13 to approximately 2:00 pm EST (8 pm CET) on February 20.

Given the limited availability of geographical domain names on the market, Sedo has organized a focused auction on “geodomains” and other travel-related domain names to make them more attainable for buyers while offering a targeted buyer base to domain sellers. The Sedo auction will feature precious properties, including names like Arabia.com, Breaks.com, Glasgow.com, Kosovo.com, and PureVacation.com. The full list of domain names is available for viewing at the following link:
http://sedo.com/search/searchresult.php4?auctionevent=globalauction&partnerid=379169&language=us"

Take care all and happy domaining!

Always,
Keith

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back