IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Who wants to type in a url and land at this page? We know what its about but normal people not so sure.
This is for sale lander and what appears for uncookied people. If someöne typed in PianoMoving.horse as example and this page came up would people click accept or think omg more spam

Attachments

• 241E121B-3E90-4727-A95D-00469F2EA6AA.png
    241E121B-3E90-4727-A95D-00469F2EA6AA.png
    903.5 KB · Views: 96
•••
sedo seems to only offer buyers paypal as an option for prices up to $5000. $5001 and higher shows no paypal option. is this something new or has it been this way for a while? new to me.
We are confirming that PayPal and credit card can't be used for purchases above $5,000. If the price is over $5,000, we recommend to use wire transfer.
When it comes to receiving money for selling a domain, the paypal payout is $10,000 instead, but buying domains anything over $5,000 needs to be wire transfer. We hope this answer helps, and we're sorry for the late reply.

•••
Could you eliminate the confusion with an explicit statement on your website indicating that the 15% rather applies if you lander has Buy Now AND Make Offer? If your lander does not state something to the effect of "BUY Now or MAKE BEST OFFER," you're not getting the 10% commission.

I was confused by this for some time,and I believe others still are missing this important fact. A 50% higher commission on a lander is not a trivial matter.
Thank you very much for the hint and feedback, it is very helpful. We will take care of it.

•••
Is it possible to deactivate Sedo MLS completely if I want only Sedo involved in any sales?

@Sedo

•••
@Sedo the mixed payout methods have been recently removed. Sorry, but it is a downgrade. I for one prefer to receive (small) parking payouts via paypal, still being paid for domain sales by wire. Please restore this opportunity, most notably "pay < Eur XXX by paypal, otherwise by wire" setting. One would expect more flexibility with payments...

•••
@Sedo In Personal settings, the drop-down list to select Country Code is not working. It only shows "Please choose" without any country, so I'm unable to fill in this required field. Could you please fix? Thank you.
Hello,

thank you for your message and the hint. We will check this as soon as possible so that you can quickly access the selection again.

Best regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
We've send you a PN.
Which means Privatnachricht or Private Nachricht (German) = PM in English.

Btw, NamePros only has DM.

Last edited:
•••
Do you have any plans to add 2FA to Sedo accounts? Would be good to have especially if using SedoMLS Premium.

Also, in the contact information on your Company Info page, I guess the final word should be "Germany", not "German":

Show attachment 234536
Hello,

We appreciate your input and feedback. We also thank you for your watchful eye and attention.

We do not have a 2FA function currently setup, but we are aware of it, and we will make sure our customer are informed if and when it becomes available.

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
@Sedo Will there be a time that Zero Click Parking can be disabled by the user in account settings? It's a pretty nasty phenomenon and sometimes redirects to infected sites, or as you can see in this case, unregistered domain names.
Hi,

Often the zero click ads will be disabled automatically by completing the premium parking certification. To complete your premium parking certification, log into your account and go to “My Account” and then “Certification”. After setting the premium status, you should see the premium ads from google instead of the zero click ads. If you continue to see the zero click ads, we can disable the redirects for you.

If ads are leading to dodgy or unwanted sites, please let us know. Simply send an email to [email protected].

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
Many thanks for your courteous reply @Sedo!

In order to remove your domain from parking you simply need to remove the Sedo name servers that you have entered at your registrars account and replace them with the name servers you require. Once the name servers are removed the park page will no longer show on a domain.
(y)

With regards to your second question, you are not able to de-list domains from SedoMLS.
So if I BIN-list a domain for 1.000$, I cannot know in advance whether after having sold it I'll go home with 900$ or 800$, as I cannot know in advance whether it will be sold through Sedo Marketplace (10% commission) or through one of Sedo partners (20%).

No criticism, just trying to understand.
No regret on my part about parking my domains with Sedo.

Thanks again

•••
It looks like Sedo has changed the search page, and the result is not good. There are hardly any filters left now.

You cannot search for when a domain was listed or exclude hyphens and numbers. You can't search for special inventory either. So you can't easily search for Sedo's own auctions such as the current 3-letter auction, and the link on the front page leads to all names at auction.

Oh, and my saved searches have disappeared as well.

Last edited:
•••
Although I have always priced domain names in USD since I started working with Sedo, I have received the payments of my previous 4 sales in Euros to my bank account located in Belgium without any problems so far.

However, in my last sale, even though the domain name transfer was completed, there was no action regarding the payment for 10 days. When I asked about the status of the payment, support team informed me that the sale was based on USD, so there was confusion in the accounting department. So if I hadn't asked, no one would have cared about the process. After that, a lot of problems were raised by the support team member that I couldn't understand. It has been stated that from now on all payments will be made only in the currency in which the domain name is sold.

Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 02.31.49.png

Is this information correct, or are some of your employees producing arbitrary rules? If true, why not inform your business partners of such a critical change? Am I paying the huge 20% commission just to face this kind of absurdity while I take on the whole workload?

Moreover, the question I asked about the loss of 10€ in the payment was completely ignored.

If you do not want to do business, you can clearly state this. I wouldn't be wasting hours and days trying to add my domains to Sedo.

-----

Apart from this issue, there are domain names waiting on the verification list for 1 week even though TXT records are valid. It is not even possible to delete and re-add these stuck names to restart the process.

•••
The new search page is made not to find domain names.

•••
The new search page is made not to find domain names.
Exactly. When a user tries to find a particular name/keyword, he already decided what name he wants. In that case,
1. First keyword.all extensions should be shown
2. Second synonyms.extensions
3. Third, Related words & combinations.extensions

My opinion is that the above would help the user find a domain he wants easier than how it works now.

For example, in the showcase domains you have 'First.contact' listed.
When I search for the keyword 'First',it just shows first.co and first.in and the rest all are related keywords. First.contact is not going to be found.
Screenshot_20230524-213210.png

For comparison please check how afternic shows the result for the same keyword.
Screenshot_20230524-213444.png

Dan result shows keyword combination .com along with other keyword.all extensions.
Screenshot_20230524-214123_1.png

In case of Sedo search results, user looking for a particular keyword will not see all the options available. It's showing many irrelevant / relevant keyword results than the actual keyword user is searching for.

Just my opinion. You may have different reason to show only the top extensions, if that helps you.

•••
For me the old things ( filters, design) are back.

Attachments

• Sedo.jpg
    Sedo.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 32
•••
I Want simple domain ownership verification system.
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your input and understand the convenience of a simple domain ownership verfication system. A new owener verfication system at Sedo is currently not planned.

Please understand that the owner verfication is required to ensure that the seller is indeed the owner of the domain, so it can be listed and sold through Sedo.

However, if you enter your verification ID provided by Sedo, Sedo's system can automatically verify you as the current domain owner quick and easy.
Login to your Sedo account and go to My Sedo > My Domains and click on the tab "Domain Ownership Verification". Here you will see your individual verification ID which consists of 40 digits. This ID is account-based and can be used for every domain in your Sedo Account.

Copy your verification ID, log in to your registrar account, and navigate to your domain DNS settings section. Often, this button is called "Settings", "Config", "Console", or something similar. Select the record type TXT or CNAME and paste your verification ID in that field (make sure not to paste blank spaces). Confirm your changes to complete this action.

If you need further information or help, feel free to contact our support directly ([email protected]).

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
At a time when GoDaddy could seriously use some good, healthy competition, it's nice to Sedo doing this on the cutting edge of AI.
Sedo's so-called AI (which is just a regular expression) really started to take off when the corona pandemic started and Sedo wanted to ban all kinds of virus, corona, covid, and pandemic-related domains from the marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
What really happened: Squadhelp worked with Sedo trying to synchronize some domains that where not synchronizing and due to some mistakes, our listings got deleted.
That's what's happened, indeed.

Sedo Security & Compliance should have said this straightforward, otherwise that department cannot be trusted any longer.

Especially since this involved multiple Sedo accounts at the same time.

It's about the integrity of the system.

Last edited:
•••
Varon said:
Sleepys you are doing a great job answering questions. Very nice of you. Reps Added. :)

Edited: I cannot add any more reps as I had done it earlier in another thread. But you certainly are doing an excellent job together with Keith.

Wow, thanks for the Rep. Maybe soon I will have as many green bars as you. What do the little stars represent? I think that people on this message board (myself included) tend to not give rep points for good posts enough, but for easier more superficial things like a million appraisals (not that there is anything wrong with appraisals :) ) I am going to start repping more for posts I like.

I have never actually spoken with Keith, but have seen him posting on "the other board", since before I was domaining. I have spoken to Monica and I believe she is going to be helping here too. I know that they both do a great job, I just don't want them to get overwhelmed, especially at the beginning. The Parked thread is a huge success, there is at least as much to discuss with Sedo, if we can keep the thread reasonable.

•••
:kickass:

Even today, I don't know why 60 or more domains of mine can't be set parking orderly, whereas Dopa.com parked the whole and well. In those days, I checked my domains now and again, and seldom click ads unless I realy feel it interesting. Now I do nothing to their parking sites at Dopa.com and find the clicks is the same as at SEDO, if not more. I needn't do any optimising job though.

You just admitted why your account was closed. You're visiting your parked domains and clicking the ads. That's a big NO NO.

Also Sedo and other parking companies close accounts if they believe the parked domains are receiving bot/fake traffic.

•••
My Sedo parking income now has dropped so low I am concerned that they will be asking me for money!

•••
I have sent two messages, first one asking them to take possession and the second one telling them I want them to take possession but I have yet to hear back.

The other problem is that it is the European offices that is handling this and I am in the US so I have to wait for them to get back in the office tomorrow.

I don't understand why they cant hand off these matters to the American office when they open and vice versa.

Very frustrating.

>:(

Have you tried contacting someone in the US? Getting it escalated? I've heard enough stories to know some agents have no idea what they are doing.

What registrar is it at that you need to transfer and not just push?

Have you been using 1&1 and Register.com coupons again :)

•••
And he marked my issue as SOLVED !!!! Un-f**kING-Believable .... This Customer Care TROLL !!! This Ian f**king Fay, or Rajesh asshole indian should be fired and never hired before in Customer Support ... It's not the first time he trolls me!

I think he did you favor marking it solved, if it were up to me I wouldn't reply to you at all, is a matter a fact I'd terminate your account, They don't get paid enough dealing with assholes with attitudes, and a racist asshole at that.

•••
•••
careful... now with new gdrp in place, sedo has to confirm completed sale with buyer.. via email.. phone or what not.. this trnaslates into further delays before you get paid out.

they said they are working on another solution.. I hope so.. cause this is a really bad one.. if a solution at all.

I had a sale recently.. domain transfered to buyer.. new registrar showed in whois... but they wouldn't pay cause they said buyer didn't confirm he has domain.

I said its not my fault. so do not penalize sellers with payout delays... so they paid after 3 days.. if I didn't insist.. maybe it'd take god knows how long.. some buyers do not care about confirming.. some are mean and rude.. and some just well.. go on vacation or something..

I hope things don't get suckier with payouts on sedo. it used to be real good before gdrp.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back