Domain Empire
Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Trying to sell a domain at sedo , is it worth putting ads on the domain ? The domain gets about 100 uniques daily and a few clicks .
sometimes when parking is not set up you get some visits (probably bots) and when you set up parking you get almost no traffic and when you do you are getting bombarded by the russians, even more likely to be bots.

•••
if a seller parks with sedo it is 20% and if they don't park with sedo it is 15% ?
Yes
because re fees the marketplace where the domain gets sold is more decisive than where the Nameservers point to.

•••
Thanks Sedo

So - provided that I'm getting it right - this is Sedo's fees structure regarding "Buy Now or Best offer" listings:

Sold on Sedo marketplace
Parking
10%

Sold on Sedo marketplace
No parking
15%

Sold on Partner marketplace
Parking
20%

Sold on Partner marketplace
No parking
20%
Thanks @Sedo for confirming that I got the fee structure right!

This embolden me to make a suggestion: please integrate this schematic representation of mine - or something similar - into the fee structure displayed on your website.

As you can see, after 116 pages of thread and gazillions of posts, your fee structure is still not clear to many here, even to established domainers with an impact score of over 3k.

Cheers

•••
@Sedo Can the buyer select the payment currency, such as pay in Euros for USD listing or vice versa?

•••
@Sedo Can the buyer select the payment currency, such as pay in Euros for USD listing or vice versa?
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

This is the current handling of currency conversion when selling your domains through Sedo:

For sellers all payments are issued in the listing currency for general marketplace transactions: If you list your domain in USD, your payout will be in USD. If you list in EUR, your payout will be EUR, If you list in GBP, your payout will be in GBP. One reason for this was to simplify currency conversions for all parties and to prevent some cases of the currency from being converted twice.

Warm regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
@Sedo - thanks, but you answered different question. My question is what options does the buyer have.

Last edited:
•••
If the domain is listed in USD, payment for the domain must be made in USD. If the domain is listed in EUR, it has to be paid in EUR. Likewise, if the domain is listed in GBP, the payment must be made in GBP.
Isn't it downgrade? :( And, if so, how can Sedo still offer Alipay for China-based customers then? Alipay does support Chinese Yan only, and no seller is able to price domains in that currency?

•••
@Sedo Replying to the above question to make sure am not over riding it.

Reg Home page showcase promotion:
I have got my domain promoted in Homepage showcase and noticed that it hardly shows up even after multiple rotations.

From what I observed spending 1+ hour, refreshing the page and checking the showcase again, there are many domains that keep showing up very frequently anytime, while few others with moderate frequency and others at a very low frequency.

Every 10 secs when the list changes the prioritized domains are repeated again.

Going by the total list of domains in the showcase (around 167), the display time 10 secs for every rotation, I should have seen my domain at least 17 times.

Instead, I saw a set of domains given high priority / weightage and shown more frequently and some with moderate priority and others with low priority.
I decided to spend some time to make sure if I am right and so refreshed the page and checked /closed the browser and tested again. It's the same case anytime.
Even if it was problem in the script I am sure it's not going to pick and give priority to certain domains.

Few of my observations:
1st. Observed for 25 mins, domain never showed up.
2nd. Domain showed up after 5 mins and then again after 10 mins
3rd. Observed for 11 mins, domain didn't show up.

Anyone can easily observe this by noting down a particular domain and spend some time.

Can you check what's the problem and fix it, as the amount paid is same for all the domains but the service delivered is not the same.

@Sedo Replying to the above question to make sure am not over riding it.

Reg Home page showcase promotion:
I have got my domain promoted in Homepage showcase and noticed that it hardly shows up even after multiple rotations.

From what I observed spending 1+ hour, refreshing the page and checking the showcase again, there are many domains that keep showing up very frequently anytime, while few others with moderate frequency and others at a very low frequency.

Every 10 secs when the list changes the prioritized domains are repeated again.

Going by the total list of domains in the showcase (around 167), the display time 10 secs for every rotation, I should have seen my domain at least 17 times.

Instead, I saw a set of domains given high priority / weightage and shown more frequently and some with moderate priority and others with low priority.
I decided to spend some time to make sure if I am right and so refreshed the page and checked /closed the browser and tested again. It's the same case anytime.
Even if it was problem in the script I am sure it's not going to pick and give priority to certain domains.

Few of my observations:
1st. Observed for 25 mins, domain never showed up.
2nd. Domain showed up after 5 mins and then again after 10 mins
3rd. Observed for 11 mins, domain didn't show up.

Anyone can easily observe this by noting down a particular domain and spend some time.

Can you check what's the problem and fix it, as the amount paid is same for all the domains but the service delivered is not the same.
Hi,

We have looked into your case and can confirm that this domain is properly being displayed as a showcase domain on our featured listings section of the home page.

The homepage showcase works with an algorithm that selects a handful of domains from the list and rotates through those selected domains while you are still on that visit.

If you open Sedo.com from a different browser or a new session on your current browser, the handful of domains will be different. This means that you may not see your domain on the front page every time you visit Sedo.com. Rest assured the domain is properly in the rotation and is appearing on more visitors homepages than not.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Hi! Please, could anyone tell me how to activate SedoMLS Premium in domains registered on dondominio? Thanks!

•••
Hi! Please, could anyone tell me how to activate SedoMLS Premium in domains registered on dondominio? Thanks!
Hello,

Please follow these steps to activate SedoMLS Premium in your Sedo account:

1. Login into your Sedo account
  2. Select “My Domains” under “My Sedo” to view your listed domains
  3. Check your domains in the list and click “activate SedoMLS Premium”
  4. Go to the registrar column and open the drop down menu to see list of all registered SedoMLS partners (marked with S)
  5. Select Dondominio as your registrar partner
  6. Read Terms of Use and agree by clicking the box
  7. Click “Activate SedoMLS Premium”
  8. Confirm the activation request in your dondominio account or by email
You can see more info on how the activation process looks in our video here:
It might take a few days for the activation to happen after you confirm the activation with your registrar.

Please note, there are some TLDs that are not compatible with SedoMLS Premium: https://faq-us.sedo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4086/kw/sedomls
If you are having issues activating, please reach out to our customer support team with the details of the domain you are trying to activate and email us from the email address registered with your Sedo account so that our customer service team can look into this for you.

Lastly, just note that SedoMLS cannot be activated on domains within the first 60 days of registration or domains that have been recently transferred to a new registrar. You must wait for the 60 days to pass before you can apply.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Is there a way to see a count of how many domains we have listed for sale?

•••
Total count is also pretty easy to calculate if you change "Results per page" to a suitable smaller number. But of course we shouldn't need to do it.

Last edited:
•••
There is an Error at the SEDO website:

when negotiating a price for a domain, I entered the price of EUR 8888888 as a counter-bid (I am the domain-seller).
Your system gave an Error-message.

It seems it is not allowed or possible to enter very high EUR-amounts as a domain-seller during price-negotiations.
Why ?

•••
There is an Error at the SEDO website:

when negotiating a price for a domain, I entered the price of EUR 8888888 as a counter-bid (I am the domain-seller).
Your system gave an Error-message.

It seems it is not allowed or possible to enter very high EUR-amounts as a domain-seller during price-negotiations.
Why ?
Hello,

The error occurred because our platform has a maximum bidding amount for automated negotiations, which your entered amount exceeded. To proceed with your desired price point, we suggest using our seller side brokerage service. This service allows for more flexible negotiations and higher price ranges, and applying for it is free.

Once approved, our team will assist you in negotiating the desired price for the domain, and the commission for both negotiation and brokerage will be 15%. This ensures a smoother process and a successful transaction for both parties. You can see the domains, that are currently under exclusive at our brokers here: sedo.com/brokers

Feel free to contact our support team or hire a broker here: https://sedo.com/brokerage/acquisition.php?language=&domain=

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Hello,

The error occurred because our platform has a maximum bidding amount for automated negotiations, which your entered amount exceeded. To proceed with your desired price point, we suggest using our seller side brokerage service. This service allows for more flexible negotiations and higher price ranges, and applying for it is free.

Once approved, our team will assist you in negotiating the desired price for the domain, and the commission for both negotiation and brokerage will be 15%. This ensures a smoother process and a successful transaction for both parties. You can see the domains, that are currently under exclusive at our brokers here: sedo.com/brokers

Feel free to contact our support team or hire a broker here: https://sedo.com/brokerage/acquisition.php?language=&domain=

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

Does not make much sense to have a "price limit" in place. At least it should be the same maximum amount which you are using for "BUY NOW".

Since the highest amount at which I can sell a domain at SEDO is EURO 16 million (via BUY NOW), it should be also possible to place a counter-offer of maximum EURO 16 million during price-negotiations as well.
Otherwise your platform is not very "consistent".

Also, the ERROR-message only says something like "Your Price is too high".
The Error-message should say something like: "Please E-mail our broker-service if you want to place a counter-bid of EUR 8888888 "

Anyway, please cap it at EURO 16 million as the maximum amount.
This makes more sense.

•••
Is there a way to reach an authorized person directly?

I'm fed up with the stupid and irrelevant answers the support team keeps giving!

I feel like I have to explain everything over and over for days, as if I were explaining it to an idiot. And as a result, there is no solution at all!

•••
Is there a way to reach an authorized person directly?

I'm fed up with the stupid and irrelevant answers the support team keeps giving!

I feel like I have to explain everything over and over for days, as if I were explaining it to an idiot. And as a result, there is no solution at all!
what do you mean by authorized person?

•••
In terms of the Sedo MLS or MLS premium, wouldn't it be great to have the option to have only the price that you set be the pricing across the board for all MLS and MLS premium partners?
With Sedo MLS you mean Sedo Basic, I guess.

I'm wondering what's the point of activating MLS Premium, given that there is no benefits in terms of visibility.

The main difference between Basic and Premium is that Premium is a faster transfer should the domain sell and the seller would get the funds for the sale quicker, however the promotion of your domains is mainly the same.

Noob's question to experienced domainers: does that faster transfer feature increase sales?

•••
So, I ask why are you charging extra 3% from the buyer?
What I beleive is happening is:

Sedo offers (low) 10% commission on sales occured via parked or forsale page - where they deal with the buyer directly. Sedo, like any other merchant, needs to pay for credit card and paypal processing. Sedo does not need to pay extra if they receive bankwires or direct SEPA transfer in Euros. At the same time, they do not want (or cannot) officially set credit card surcharge: even if it is legal in Germany, it may be illegal in other countries. Therefore, they "opted" to somehow promote offline payment methods (cheaper) VS expedited transfer service (online payment methods). I think it was always the case...

Just imo.

•••
is there a way to bulk change sedo sales landers for multiple domains? seems insane to expect individual change per domain especially if you have several hundred.

•••
is there a way to bulk change sedo sales landers for multiple domains? seems insane to expect individual change per domain especially if you have several hundred.
my domains...domain management...customize your view...next to "layout" click "show". you can then bulk change landers

•••
my domains...domain management...customize your view...next to "layout" click "show". you can then bulk change landers
oh my God. Thanks so much. This is yet another reason I despise Sedo. Nothing is intuitive.

•••
Is there a sedo sales lander you recommend? im sure results will vary but what is the general consensus on a particular lander? ive heard lander 5 is good.

•••
•••
Thanks. And youve found that you at least get some traction relative to other landers?
yes, a nice professional look.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back