IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, all minimum offers not set.
i really don't have an answer. you may have to contact sedo support and ask why the make offer option is not showing up on your buy it now lander.

•••
i really don't have an answer. you may have to contact sedo support and ask why the make offer option is not showing up on your buy it now lander.
I have already contacted Sedo support.
Maybe their staff here can assist?

•••
@Sedo

This is my third request...

Could we please get a few zeros added to this BIN/MO cap?

Currently, the only way to enable the Make Offer option setting on listings above 10K is by enabling it for the entire portfolio.

This seems simple enough and wouldn't be such an issue if the Make Offer option didn't appear on listings where the BIN and minimum offer were the same price. However, it does.

It seems silly to have such a low range.

sedo-bin-offer - Copy.PNG

•••
@Sedo

This is my third request...

Could we please get a few zeros added to this BIN/MO cap?

Currently, the only way to enable the Make Offer option setting on listings above 10K is by enabling it for the entire portfolio.

This seems simple enough and wouldn't be such an issue if the Make Offer option didn't appear on listings where the BIN and minimum offer were the same price. However, it does.

It seems silly to have such a low range.

Show attachment 248922
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this matter to our attention. We appreciate your continued engagement with our platform and value your feedback.
We can confirm that customers currently only have the option to either allow Best Offer on all BuyNow domains or on domains within a certain price range.

To address this matter, we kindly request you to email our Customer Support team at [email protected]. Please provide as much detail as possible. The more information we have, the better we can understand and address your requirements.

We assure you that we are committed to enhancing our platform based on user feedback. While we cannot guarantee an immediate resolution, we are happy to look into your request and appreciate all the feedback we receive.

Kind regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Hey,

thanks for your question. We are happy to help you.

A unique visitor (also known as a query or a view) occurs when a parked domain name is typed into a browser by a user or the user comes to the site via a link in search engine results. Each time a new user navigates to your page a unique visitor will be recorded; with this method repeat visits from one user will not be recorded giving you the most accurate information about the traffic to your domain.

We filter out artificial traffic from bots, crawlers, spiders etc. Double views and manipulated clicks can be detected by our system and are also filtered out. Multiple clicks and views from the same visitor are also not counted. If views or clicks are manipulated, we can remove your domains from the parking program and withhold your parking revenue.

For further questions that explicitly concern your account or domains, please contact our customer support team. They can help you in more detail and clarify specific questions.

Best regards
Your Sedo Team
And by contrast, how would you define an offer view?

•••
And by contrast, how would you define an offer view?
Hello,

A offer view is the visit of the offer detail page of a domain on our market place.
A unique view is a visit on the landing page of a parked domain.

If you do have more uniques it does mean that internet user visited your domain and some of them used the sales link on the parking landing page to view the offer on sedo.com.

If you need further information or help, you can contact our support directly ([email protected]).

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
I am in the process of transferring all my names out of GoDaddy and into another registrar. This will create a 60 day lock period. I have all my names listed for sale at Sedo. Now I realize I can ask the buyer to create an account at my new registrar to accept a push. Is this acceptable by Sedo? I've usually had to push it to Sedo's account at Godaddy. Does Sedo have an account at PorkBun (my new registrar)?

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Thank you for your comment.

We do have an account at Porkbun. As the domain owner, you can request the buyer to create an account at your new registrar and accept a push transfer. However, please note that buyers have the right to choose their registrar of choice and wait for the lock period to expire.

To streamline the transfer process, we suggest listing your domains for sale after the 60-day lock period ends.

If you have any furtherquestions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our costumer support at [email protected]

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

Ok, thank you. Is there a way to "pause" certain domains, rather than go through the longer process of deleting, then 60 days later adding and re-verifying? (Note afternic has a pause feature).

•••
I Want simple domain ownership verification system.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I just received the following email from SEDO.

What is the offensive word? Is it "Las Vegas" or "Jewelry". :facepalm:

AI really is the future...

Show attachment 253462
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Rest assured, we're here to help resolve any issues with domains that got blocked, but should get another review. Therefore, we kindly request that you reach out to us at [email protected] email address associated with your Sedo account. They will review the situation promptly and provide further assistance.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
AI: Jewel is offensive word.
meanwhile: get this name for 4,969 USD!

Show attachment 253463
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The Sedo domain marketplace is comprised of millions of domain names and reviewing takes some time. Once flagged by us for review or mentioned in an official complaint or forum like you did, all domains go through the same review process and may be blocked accordingly. We will promptly notify our security and compliance team.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
If I point my nameservers to Sedo do I receive extra promotion/views vs when I list a name for sale and the nameservers are pointing elsewhere? If yes, can you explain or provide a link so I can see exactly what that promotion gets me?

•••
•••
Hello,

If you point your nameserver to Sedo and set up the Sales Lander, you will benefit from our 10% commission and are three times more likely to sell. With the new SL15, you can expect a +43% conversion on impressions to started bid threads (BIN, MO, Auction bidding), making your domains more likely to get sold. Additionally, there is a +23% conversion to successful transfers, meaning your started bid threads are more likely to convert into a successful sale, while experiencing a -15% reduction in cancellations of started bid threads. Your negotiations are more likely to lead to an agreement.

You can find more information and benefits here: https://sedo.com/us/about-us/news-p...le-template-brings-attention-to-your-domains/

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our support team at [email protected].

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

I see. But there is no promotion to speak of? Just a "lift" of conversion rates once someone gets to the lander, is that correct? Another way to ask this... do you direct traffic to the landers in any way (or are the +% conversions you speak of only occurring once someone lands on the lander itself)?

Last edited:
•••
Sedo is perfect marketplace, the Best one, but it, perhaps, should become a bit more modern. (Design and functions).

•••
I think you forgot to reply to me.

Also please explain how "redpill.pro", is violating your policies.

If I knew that in advance, I would have taken the blue pill...

I just got the same notice from Sedo for the domain:

"altrightpurge.com"

Do I see a common theme emerging here?

Last edited:
•••
Maybe they are running some "self-verification" automation process to purge old domains listed without previous verification.
I don't think this was the case here.

•••
Yes, this is a known issue that @Sedo has failed to resolve.
Messaging their Support won’t help you

Prudential is an insurance company. Lucent is a health company. - I can see why those are blocked (at least). Mine is a 2 word name - and there isn't a company on Earth using the combo.

•••
I submitted a manual review via a ticket. We shall see if I get anything other than a boilerplate response. Thanks
Hello,

As you have already contacted our support team, please be assured that they will look into your case and get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
If a seller refuses to transfer the domain I purchased at BIN price, what consequences will he suffer?

•••
Subject: Need help locating wire transfer reference number
I recently had a domain sale completed through Sedo.(My first sale!). However, when I contacted my bank about the status of this incoming wire, they requested that I provide the reference number or tracking number associated with the transfer from Sedo.

I've checked the sedo invoice and emails, but cannot seem to find this number anywhere.

I've reached out to Sedo support asking for the wire reference number, but wanted to also check here.
Where can I locate the wire transfer tracking number that my bank requires? Or what is the best way to obtain that information?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

•••
First, thank you for the Dynadot-Sedo integration. This really helps for quick, verified listings.

Several questions:

1) Is there a minimum success fee of $20 on Sedo MLS for tier1 tlds? If there is currently no such minimum, the NP community may be delighted to know.

2) Now the $100 minimum listing price requirement appears to have been removed on the Dynadot/Sedo interface. So domains can be listed on Sedo MLS for less than $100 using this tool?

3) When removing the domains from Sedo on the Dynadot/Sedo interface, do you always still have to go to Sedo.com to complete the manual removal?
There appear to be an issue that simply because the listings are removed from the Dynadot panel, they still remain active on Sedo.com. Manual removal by logging in to the Sedo.com account direectly appears necessary to complete the removal process. Dynadot customer service successfully walked me through those additional steps yesterday. They did indicate that their tech support check into this issue.

And, apparently there appeared to be a second step required fo me to have the MLS listings also rdemoved using the Dynadot panel. Is that something that can be simplified?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. Two follow-up questions:

1) How many warnings can you get before being banned?
2) Are you saying that the sales contract is a legal contract that could be used in a court of law to settle a refusal to transfer the domain name?

2) Are you saying that the sales contract is a legal contract that could be used in a court of law to settle a refusal to transfer the domain name?
Hello,

The process regarding warnings before a potential ban is handled on a case-by-case basis. We engage in dialogue with sellers/buyers to thoroughly investigate each situation before making a decision. This ensures a fair and informed approach tailored to the specifics of each case.

Yes, the sales contract is indeed a legal contract that can be enforced in a court of law. If there is a dispute, such as a refusal to transfer a domain name, this contract can be used as a basis to resolve the issue legally. The terms set forth in the contract are binding and provide a framework for legal recourse if necessary.

If you have any further questions, please don't hestiate to contact our support at [email protected].

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back