Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Could you eliminate the confusion with an explicit statement on your website indicating that the 15% rather applies if you lander has Buy Now AND Make Offer? If your lander does not state something to the effect of "BUY Now or MAKE BEST OFFER," you're not getting the 10% commission.

I was confused by this for some time,and I believe others still are missing this important fact. A 50% higher commission on a lander is not a trivial matter.
Thank you very much for the hint and feedback, it is very helpful. We will take care of it.

•••
1675176922837.png

Source: https://sedo.com/us/sell-domains/happy-new-yeah/

•••
Hello!

Is it true that inside January 2023 preferred currency used for payments is not used anymore and payment will be each time at the currency a domain is listed?
@Sedo

Thanks!

PS Use to list names at US$ as seems more convenient for USA and Asian buyers, and used EUR for payments that is more convenient for invoicing and worked very well, cannot understand the purpose of such a change

Last edited:
•••
Hello!

Is it true that inside January 2023 preferred currency used for payments is not used anymore and payment will be each time at the currency a domain is listed?
@Sedo

Thanks!

PS Use to list names at US$ as seems more convenient for USA and Asian buyers, and used EUR for payments that is more convenient for invoicing and worked very well, cannot understand the purpose of such a change
We've sent you a PM

•••
•••
@Sedo Thank you very much for your help before

Today I have one more question about Sedo mktplace
I parked my domains on Sedo and see some unusual traffic activity ( from CN,FR, ru ... )
also some Ref traffic from Binance Baidu and so on

Is/was this a bot traffic or what?​

Today I noticed some of that traffic was removed from history, but I have a screenshot.

1676366268247.png

1676366949529.png

•••
•••
You answered your question within

•••
The major problem for us at sedo is that according to terms (and some times buyers want the same) ask an invoice with date on it the agreement date. It is very confusing if you check this scenario. Selling a domain for example at 1st of a month. Buyer pays at 10th of month. Till 10th of month, details of buyer are not visible to seller ( details confidential at agreement document). So can nto issue the invoice till 10th of month. Between 1st and 10th of month our company maybe will issue other 20 invoices for other services. In European Union invoices MUST be serialised according to date, eg can not issue an invoice at 1st of month with invoice number higher than an invoice at 10th of month and at least here there is big penalty for it. Not counting that is strange we invoice someone who is not paying us (as we get paid from sedo).

Would like to hear other opinions for the invoicing systems.

@sedo.com

•••
The major problem for us at sedo is that according to terms (and some times buyers want the same) ask an invoice with date on it the agreement date. It is very confusing if you check this scenario. Selling a domain for example at 1st of a month. Buyer pays at 10th of month. Till 10th of month, details of buyer are not visible to seller ( details confidential at agreement document). So can nto issue the invoice till 10th of month. Between 1st and 10th of month our company maybe will issue other 20 invoices for other services. In European Union invoices MUST be serialised according to date, eg can not issue an invoice at 1st of month with invoice number higher than an invoice at 10th of month and at least here there is big penalty for it. Not counting that is strange we invoice someone who is not paying us (as we get paid from sedo).

Would like to hear other opinions for the invoicing systems.

@sedo.com
hey @dr manos We have written you a private message

•••
@Sedo Thank you very much for your help before

Today I have one more question about Sedo mktplace
I parked my domains on Sedo and see some unusual traffic activity ( from CN,FR, ru ... )
also some Ref traffic from Binance Baidu and so on

Is/was this a bot traffic or what?​

Today I noticed some of that traffic was removed from history, but I have a screenshot.

Show attachment 232183
Show attachment 232184
we've send you a PN

•••
•••
•••
For the Sl1/sl2 landers, there was talk previously about having the traffic stats eventually available for them. Is there any timeline for this?
It was interesting with the previous ns1/2 landers, being able to see what countries were generating the traffic.
@Sedo

Last edited:
•••
Is it possible to deactivate Sedo MLS completely if I want only Sedo involved in any sales?

@Sedo

•••
•••
•••
•••
As it was a PM, I'll leave it up to Sedo to divulge.. but basically the answer was no.

:xf.smile:
One option to try would be to remove and add again

•••
As it was a PM, I'll leave it up to Sedo to divulge.. but basically the answer was no.

Some quick googling revealed that opt-out of SedoMLS is (only?) possible from within the registrar -- not through Sedo, as I understand it.

@Sedo Is that correct?

Last edited:
•••
Is it possible to deactivate Sedo MLS completely if I want only Sedo involved in any sales?

@Sedo

Hi!

What is exatly the gain of this?

For me Sedo MLS is by far no 1 venue of sales we make (about 70%), seems very good network with big exposure . The only minus is that at names with registrar lock status (after transfer or new registrations) if have BIN price and even not listed at MLS can be sold via MLS and buyer has to wait weeks or months to take control of name. Would be a good option to deactivate MLS for locked names only, do not know if you meant the same.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi!

What is exatly the gain of this?

For me Sedo MLS is by far no 1 venue of sales we make (about 70%), seems very good network with big exposure . The only minus is that at names with registrar lock status (after transfer or new registrations) if have BIN price and even not listed at MLS can be sold via MLS and buyer has to wait weeks or months to take control of name. Would be a good option to deactivate MLS for locked names only, do not know if you meant the same.
Just thinking about a few things..

•••
Just thinking about a few things..

Feel free to share your thinking!

In terms of the Sedo MLS or MLS premium, wouldn't it be great to have the option to have only the price that you set be the pricing across the board for all MLS and MLS premium partners?

Would that help eliminate confusion, if a potential buyer does happen to check multiple sites and be put off on buying because they see the price variations? Some might think that a potential buyer would then simply end up buying the domain at the registrar/marketplace showing the lowest price. However, isn't there a possibility that they would simply end up being distracted by this, or completely turned off by the fact that price of the domain really doesn't appear to be straightforward?

The variability of pricing with Afternic partners has raised concerns. Perhaps the Sedo MLS and MLS premium could distinguish itself by giving the seller the option of setting one price throughout the network?
Granted, there are issues about currency conversion perhaps needing different pricing, but such technicalities could be worked out.

Last edited:
•••
Just tried ns1 and ns2.sedoparking.com

Redirects to the page http://findresultsonline.com/?dn= domainname

without even https (works with https but the automated ns pair sends to http)

upper appears the domain may be for sale (could check imo with a script before if it is for sale and
writes domain IS for sale) also the buy this domain is way too small fonts imo.

Just personal opinion of course @Sedo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back