IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello @Sedo
I noticed that you are offering as payment method only Alipay and Bank Transfer.

Why don't you have PayPal and Stripe, and perhaps Gpay?

Attachments

• sedo issue.png
    sedo issue.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 42
•••
Hello @Sedo
I noticed that you are offering as payment method only Alipay and Bank Transfer.

i believe that is only for purchases over $5000. they may offer buyers other payment options if asked.

•••
Would you consider implementing a DAN approval system style?
Such as "verify-7f7u39xmj.sedoparking.com"

Thus, there will be no need to set to the default DNS of the registrar, DAN and SEDO approvals are made at the same time, and anyone who wishes can be directed to the SEDO landing page instantly without waiting for hours and dealing with DNS settings again and again.

•••
Hi @Sedo

Can you clarify the difference between 'Offer Views' in Sales Settings and 'Uniques' in Standard Overview on the Domain Management page?

For a few of my names I have more uniques than offer views for the same period.

•••
Still if using ns1 and ns2 sedoparking.com redirects to a non https page:
http://findresultsonline.com/?dn=domainame
Is it serious to not have https at 2023? Some browsers produce error

Also as i wrote buy now is way too small fonts

@Sedo cmon!

•••
when will u support the installments,i think this will increacse the orders...

•••
If Sedo wishes to continue competing with Dan, wouldn't this be a useful next step? Thanks for the mentioning this.

•••
If Sedo wishes to continue competing with Dan, wouldn't this be a useful next step? Thanks for the mentioning this.
yes,but they did nothing in these years...

•••
yes,but they did nothing in these years...
This is puzzling to me. Perhaps Sedo could chime in here, to let us know if there are any plans for this.

Hopefully, especially with the stiff competition they now have, Sedo will be doing more innovation, including marketing and expanding their sales options.

Last edited:
•••
Sadly they do not reply at all this week.
Installments would be good for sure, also more payment methods for buyers.
But urgent is to correct the thing that ns1 and ns2.sedoparking NS pair
directs to http and not https, major caveat

@Sedo

•••
anyone having trouble signing in today? clearing cookies helped once but not since.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Hello @Sedo

Hello,

thanks for your question and sorry for the late reply.

We offer the following payment methods:

Wire Transfer
Credit Card ( Amex, Visa, Master, Union Pay)
Paypal
Alipay
Cartes bancaires
iDeal
Trustly
Klarna Pay Now
giropay

Payment methods may vary depending on country location.

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
Hello,

thanks for your comment and sorry for the late reply.

Currently, there is no news about offering installment payment. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to take it on board.

Best regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
Hello,

thanks for your question and sorry for the late reply.

We offer the following payment methods:

Wire Transfer
Credit Card ( Amex, Visa, Master, Union Pay)
Paypal
Alipay
Cartes bancaires
iDeal
Trustly
Klarna Pay Now
giropay

Payment methods may vary depending on country location.

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team
when buy it now is set at over $5000 and paypal option is not shown can buyers pay with paypal if they request it?

•••
Would you consider implementing a DAN approval system style?
Such as "verify-7f7u39xmj.sedoparking.com"

Thus, there will be no need to set to the default DNS of the registrar, DAN and SEDO approvals are made at the same time, and anyone who wishes can be directed to the SEDO landing page instantly without waiting for hours and dealing with DNS settings again and again.

Hello,

thanks for your comment and input.

Here are 3 current verification methods we offer:

1. The Domain Self-Verification allows you to speed up the verification process and to prove ownership of your domains at any time. Simply add your personal Domain Ownership Verification ID to your domain's DNS information at your registrar like in the following links: https://sedo.com/member/ownership\_verification.php?language=e //

2. Another possibility for you is to forward the DNS Server of the domain to NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM and NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM (see “Park Domains” at sedo.com //
). You are not obligated to maintain Sedo´s name servers. Once you have passed the verification stage, you can switch back to your name servers.
Since the process of adding a TXT record and/or changing a domain's name server differs in each registrar, we kindly ask you to contact your registrar directly for a detailed description on how to either add a TXT record, to change the name servers or to ask if a bulk editing option is possible.

3. In case you cannot use one of these fast owner verification methods, please remove the Privacy Protection of your domains in your registrar account so that the registrant information (name, e-mail, address) is visible via a WHOIS search. Be advised that it can take up to 72 hours until changes to your domain take effect. Once the domain has been added to your account, you can activate WHOIS privacy again.

The Dan.com verification method is currently not offered by us. We still appreciate your feedback to help us continuously improve Sedo.

I hope we were able to help you.

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
Hi @Sedo

Can you clarify the difference between 'Offer Views' in Sales Settings and 'Uniques' in Standard Overview on the Domain Management page?

For a few of my names I have more uniques than offer views for the same period.
Hey,

thanks for your question. We are happy to help you.

A unique visitor (also known as a query or a view) occurs when a parked domain name is typed into a browser by a user or the user comes to the site via a link in search engine results. Each time a new user navigates to your page a unique visitor will be recorded; with this method repeat visits from one user will not be recorded giving you the most accurate information about the traffic to your domain.

We filter out artificial traffic from bots, crawlers, spiders etc. Double views and manipulated clicks can be detected by our system and are also filtered out. Multiple clicks and views from the same visitor are also not counted. If views or clicks are manipulated, we can remove your domains from the parking program and withhold your parking revenue.

For further questions that explicitly concern your account or domains, please contact our customer support team. They can help you in more detail and clarify specific questions.

Best regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
Hello,

thanks for your feedback and sorry for the late reply.

Currently there is no news about the installment.
However, we value your feedback very much, so we can always optimize Sedo and make it as user-friendly as possible.

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
This is puzzling to me. Perhaps Sedo could chime in here, to let us know if there are any plans for this.

Hopefully, especially with the stiff competition they now have, Sedo will be doing more innovation, including marketing and expanding their sales options.
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.

Currently there is no news about the installment payment, but we are always happy about your input and your wishes.

Do you have any special wishes regarding marketing and sales options? We will be happy to receive your feedback.

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
anyone having trouble signing in today? clearing cookies helped once but not since.
Hello,

thank you for your feedback and sorry for the late reply.

Does the problem still exist?

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
•••
Hello,

thank you for your feedback and sorry for the late reply.

Does the problem still exist?

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team
no. it was a temporary problem.

•••
when buy it now is set at over $5000 and paypal option is not shown can buyers pay with paypal if they request it?
Hello,

thank you for your quick reply.

Currently this does not work. However, we are happy to receive your feedback.

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
@Sedo Any news for ns1 ns2.sedoparking.com?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back