Domain Empire

Sedo Appraisal on my domain

NameSilo
Watch

morf13

Top Member
Impact
Listed my domain on Sedo. The listing tool they have told me the value was greater than $10,000 and to list it for over $10,000 I would need an appraisal.

I'm debating on paying the $100 as I truly think this domain is actually worth $10,000 or more, but I'm just curious what the pros and cons of getting an appraisal is, and what people's experience is.

The domain by the way is BANKS . Money

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good luck selling this one for 10K, or selling it at all.

What are you expecting from an appraisal ?
Just because you have an appraisal (of debatable value), doesn't mean you will get more buyers.

You can just list with 'make offer' settings.

•••
Good luck selling this one for 10K, or selling it at all.

What are you expecting from an appraisal ?
Just because you have an appraisal (of debatable value), doesn't mean you will get more buyers.

You can just list with 'make offer' settings.

That's what I'm asking, any benefit one way or another? I have it set of min offer $10k

Does having an appraisal done help your chances of selling it for top dollar, etc?

•••
Do you own a lighter?

If not, how about a book of matches?

Instead of paying $100 for an appraisal of banks.money, try lighting $100 on fire on a cold night. The warmth and light you get from the small brief fire will be worth more than appraisal that you hope will let you list banks.money for more than $10,000 on sedo.

Hint: If you want to price it higher than $10,000, price it at 10,000 GBP - that's nearly $15,000 at the current conversion rate and you don't have to pay a dime to do it.

•••

a) Better to spend the money on another domain, use it on the renewal next year, or pocket it.

b) List it for $9999 and if it sells great and if it doesn't adjust your own appraisal method.

Goodluck
638n.gif

•••
Do you own a lighter?

If not, how about a book of matches?

Instead of paying $100 for an appraisal of banks.money, try lighting $100 on fire on a cold night. The warmth and light you get from the small brief fire will be worth more than appraisal that you hope will let you list banks.money for more than $10,000 on sedo.

Hint: If you want to price it higher than $10,000, price it at 10,000 GBP - that's nearly $15,000 at the current conversion rate and you don't have to pay a dime to do it.

So are you saying Sedo appraisals are a waste?

•••
I wouldn't bother paying for the appraisal. If you really want to list it for more than 10k then go put it on Afternic and set the nameservers there. There are plenty of other marketplaces were you can list it for more than $10k without needing to pay for an appraisal.

•••
Well I have it at $10,000 min offer and that's where it will sit waiting for a home while I see what happens with .money ext

I don't know what it will really be worth but I know that in an extension called .money, it must be one of the better ones. Additionally I don't know what banks.com is worth, but according to Estibot, it's $1.5 million, and if this .money is worth 1% of that its $15000 if it's worth half of 1% it's still $7500, either way I suspect I will sell it for much more than I paid or I just won't sell it

•••
Since both sedo and estibot show an unusually high price appraised then it's true that there should be *some* value to the name at least.

What people trying to tell you though is that, no matter what numbers any appraisal system show, these numbers are 100% incorrect. All they do is vaguely showing you a direction, nothing else.

The only one that knows the exact price of your domain is your buyer and no-one else.

•••
Since both sedo and estibot show an unusually high price appraised then it's true that there should be *some* value to the name at least.

What people trying to tell you though is that, no matter what numbers any appraisal system show, these numbers are 100% incorrect. All they do is vaguely showing you a direction, nothing else.

The only one that knows the exact price of your domain is your buyer and no-one else.
Thanks I understand that and it makes sense

•••
A domain is only worth what someone wants to pay for it.

•••

I think sedo makes a lot of money from people looking for $10K+ appraisals, featured listings, and category listings.

•••
Pros and cons of paying $100 for an appraisal ...

pros
tax deductible business expense
you put a smile on the face of a sedo beancounter
eccentric billionaire jumps all over banks . money BIN
you move to St. Bart’s

cons
must spend emergency funds on bigger mailbox to accommodate sedo greeting cards
billionaire has second thoughts, hand regs pin.money and folding.money instead
tax preparer has loose lips
word spreads around town, your fiscal management reputation is ruined
boss fires you, fellow citizens exile you to outskirts of town
you steal wifi and spend every waking hour in the NP hemp thread

Last edited:
•••
LOL about 1 in 5 of the domains I add to Sedo I get instant appraisals of >$10,000. It's extremely common. Honestly, it doesn't mean much. Even some of my .website ones were instantly appraised at >$10,000.

With premium ngtlds, that people actually want, you're looking at $50 - $150. Good luck anyways.

•••

If the appraisals of the listing tool on SEDO were right, everyone here would be rich. Don't waste your 100$ to appraise that name. You compare with banks.com but what you need to compare to is banksmoney.com. Banks and money are 2 keywords that goes together but do you think that people search "banks money" on Google? Do you hear people saying "banks money" in the same order in an sentence, or an expression? Does the combination in the same order has a meaning? Who would want to make a website on that name? It makes no sense to me. It's not like the .com days where having a keyword and you got a great domain, you gotta have a PERFECT keyword1.keyword2 combination in the good order to have a chance to sell. There are so many new GTLDs out there now, that a lot of combinations like banks.money are still available to register. You got to aim for the very best at this moment. Not saying that your domain would not worth something in 10 years, but right now there is no rarity. Do you really want to pay the renewal fee for 10 years before maybe having a chance to sell? I'd invest the 100$ in a better new GTLD. Don't give your money to Sedo. By the way just to compare, estibot values banksmoney.com at 680$ and that's for an aged .com, Estibot is usually generous like Sedo so that gives you an idea

•••
I have one domain (new Gtld) sedo suggested Price is $3999
Just checked mortgage.com for suggested Price and It is USD 2,999

Does that make any sense ?

•••
Thanks for the opinions. I will leave Banks . money sitting in my bin and see what happens with .money, and yeah. for the low cost per year to renew, I'll certainly keep it.

•••
I agree with the above comments.
Banks money or banks' money doesn't make much sense gramatically.

Example of good fits in this TLD would be:
free.money loan.money borrow.money

Of course these names are probably reserved, taken, or auctioned off.

•••
Okay,some of those make sense. I just picked up, ANNUITY .money, which definitely makes sense gramatically.

Definition- An annuity is an insurance product that pays out income, and can be used as part of a retirement strategy

Definition- An annuity is any continuing payment with a fixed total annual amount

•••
Okay,some of those make sense. I just picked up, ANNUITY .money, which definitely makes sense gramatically.

Definition- An annuity is an insurance product that pays out income, and can be used as part of a retirement strategy

Definition- An annuity is any continuing payment with a fixed total annual amount

Do you hear "annuity money" in a sentence like you do for "borrow money" "spend money" "make money" "loan money" ? I don't but I'm not native english so I might be mistaken. But I think it's the same as "banks money". Never heard it in a sentence.

•••
You can go 9999$, "make an offer" then counter offer as high as you want.

•••

Do you know what it means when you have to explain a name?

And to OP, Sedo are telling you what you want to hear. This is a company that is currently scamming buyers with fake IDN. What do you think?

•••
house money
bar money
alcohol money
pot money
internet money
amazon money
monopoly money
game money
baseball money
Reg them all and see what they appraise for.

•••
Do you know what it means when you have to explain a name?

And to OP, Sedo are telling you what you want to hear. This is a company that is currently scamming buyers with fake IDN. What do you think?

You don't have to explain ANNUITY MONEY, most people know what it means

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back