IT.COM

Sedo... a waste of time!

NameSilo
Watch
3,000 domains there for a year with zero sales. In the same period sold 10 on Afternic and much more using my landers! The time taken to verify, price and list domains is absolutely a waste of time!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes..you are right. I didnt have a single sale since 15 months.

•••
Sedo is a big market, but despite that, is lucrative mostly for premium domain names. I had 5 low/mid $xxx sales at Sedo from around 20 listings (no paid promo) in the last 3 years, so I find it useless for mid value domain names.

•••
I thought it was only me who didnt have a luck with SEDO , looks like many people have the same story.

I just moved all my domains (around 200) from SEDO a month ago and currently being parked at Uniregistry, since the move I am getting some traffic , yet to make a sale though

•••
The problem with sedo is that they have no good integration with a good end- user registrar. - thats where the money is. Afternic has godaddy, nsi, register.com
But still i make some sales there, so i wouldn't say they are waste of time

•••
Sedo is the worlds most expensive "Buy Now" page.

•••
Afternic is where it's at. That's why I'm thrilled to bits that my main registrar NameSilo is joining the Afternic Premium Programme!!!

•••
Several years ago SEDO sales were regular but not one in the last year. With a thousand new extensions, there is too much supply and all the newbies are buying or renewing new TLDs rather than aftermarket domains in COM, Net, etc.

•••
Never even had an offer through Sedo. Majority of my domains are BIN.

•••
Likewise here, too. Afternic and GoDaddy premium are where most of my sales are coming from.

•••
Still making regular sales at Sedo. If buyers are looking for your domains, they will find you regardless of where you park. Maybe the OP is having more success with Afternic because of registrar integration ie people looking for domains from their registrar's website.

•••
2016 ? NO SALES AND NO OFFERS AT ALL.
2015 ? ONLY 2 sales $,$$$.

Note: i have less than 200 domains listed @ sedo.

•••
If someone wants your domain, they will find you, no matter where you are selling it ....imo

•••
Just one thing, do some random checks on your domains. Visit a few of your domains parked at Sedo, and make sure they are verified and 'connected' to your user account. Otherwise people can't bid.

•••
I feel, Afternic is better than Sedo. i will be interested to see stats of visitors on sedo, If we could differentiate between Domainer and End Users.

•••
Something is going on. Sedo offers have disappeared the last 18 months.

•••
I think maybe 18 months ago they had godaddy integration! Thats why bids came then

•••
After reading the general thread here, I will change to Afternic from Sedo. I tried Uniregistry and didn't get anywhere with them. I had 450 domains and whittled them down to approx 250.

I am going to try a new web page (optin) funnel builder which has just been released. I shall test a few of my domains to see if I can get some eyeballs and traffic. If that works, then I'll be pleased to share the system with all of you.

Last edited:
•••
if you have good domain, just create wp, and then put your phone number email or skype! I am sure they will contact you! I always believe a marketplace for some reason never help us much! because to many listing and that can make end user buy another domain that more cheap, and better! but I use marketplace to list my domain, to make it organize and etc.

•••
3,000 domains there for a year with zero sales. In the same period sold 10 on Afternic and much more using my landers! The time taken to verify, price and list domains is absolutely a waste of time!
Great post! Saved me tons of time! Thanks!

•••
I have sold one domain on SEDO and it likely would've sold anywhere else since it belonged to a big company. I have received way more offers through DNS, which is now Uniregistry. I think I'll stick to Uniregistry/Afternic and my own landing pages.

•••
Yes... unfortunately! One of the biggest reason why I decided to create my own lander pages. Sedo is only waste of time and money.

•••
Hold your breath, It seems like SEDO is undergoing major UI update right now !

•••
It's only in SEDO that I got high $x,xxx sale. Few offers received but always in $xxx range. I have to admit though that their support is not as per my expectation. Planning to use Uniregistry this time for a change.

•••
I don't use any marketplaces but receive 4-figure offers from endusers...
What I'm doing wrong???

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back