Dynadot

Sedo... a waste of time!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
3,000 domains there for a year with zero sales. In the same period sold 10 on Afternic and much more using my landers! The time taken to verify, price and list domains is absolutely a waste of time!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have sold one domain on SEDO and it likely would've sold anywhere else since it belonged to a big company. I have received way more offers through DNS, which is now Uniregistry. I think I'll stick to Uniregistry/Afternic and my own landing pages.

You can list with Sedo without parking there. So imo there is no downside to listing at Sedo, Afternic and GD Premium. List everywhere, why not? Then you can also find a lander you like whether that is through wp or one of the companies who do that sort of thing. Uni does have a nice lander - but their commission to use it is quite high (~16% when all is taken into acct). Less than GD Premium/Afternic - but no bargain.

•••
Sold some at Sedo. I list there I do not use their landing pages. I like their integration where at least I may communicate with the buyer.

Last edited:
•••
All I get is an endless stream of $90 offers, including on one word 5 letter dictionary .com's.

I have a broker there trying to reach out asking me about some buyers offer of $400, on 4 letter CVCV, and what can be done, like seriously, tell your buyer to up their price.

I am happy to report today I got a $91 offer, so things are looking up.

•••
I sell my domains via Payoneer and Sedo escrow.
20% Afternic is unnecessary for me at all.

Last edited:
•••
All I get is an endless stream of $90 offers, including on one word 5 letter dictionary .com's.

$90 is the Sedo default. You can change it to weed out that kind of thing.

•••
I work with ~40 TLDs...

For Sedo credit, they are doing correct thing by supporting 3 currencies - USD, EUR and GBP. Their "domain for sale" page is also multi-lingual based on visitors geoip, which feature many US-based providers never bothered to implement. With the exception of GoDaddy dot com - their "investors relations" page openly disclose that they are receiving about 40% of revenue from outside their country of residence (US). It means something... Being US-centric makes little sense, as the world is big... and there are buyers in all parts of the globe, even for .coms. Returning to Sedo, I find it especially useful to list a number of domains with BIN in Euros - such as non-English domains that are unlikely to be purchased by US-based buyers. It is more convinient for the buyers to begin with...

Last edited:
•••
USD/EUR/GBP are supported by Payoneer Escrow.

Regarding localized saletext...
ParkingCrew has it also... + you may set even your own text.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back