NameSilo

Two Year review Afternic DomainAgents Sedo DynaDot Flippa Uniregistry UNDeveloped (DAN) marketplace

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by xynames, Jun 18, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. CalHumaidan

CalHumaidan Established Member

Thank you xynames for creating this thread...
    When you list your domains in these marketplaces, is your target buyer an end user? or a domainer?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

One possibility is that they find a link via a search at Dofo, a one-stop place that covers all of the main marketplaces. This is not directly relevant to xynames study, since dofo were just starting then, but going forward I expect more domainers and end users to use their service (I have no association with Dofo). I think this is a strong reason to list at at least one marketplace covered by Dofo, even if you mainly operate from your own site.
    Bob

3. CalHumaidan

CalHumaidan Established Member

if I had very good domains, how likely end users are going to go across them in the main marketplaces?

4. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

[​IMG]
    Last contact I had with DAN over this was December 18, 2019.
    [​IMG]
    I think it's telling when you receive an offer at DAN and you know it's bogus before even thinking about it deeply. Happens too often at DAN, according to other NP members.

Hadn't really thought more about this bogus offer I received at DAN since that date in December, but Just tried to login to my DAN account, unable, and my email address associated with my DAN account doesn't seem to exist. :xf.cool:

More will be revealed....

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  5. namemarket

namemarket Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Very few business end-users heard of several of the venues (except Godaddy). Some domainers (like myself) never even heard of DOFO until recently when Bob Hawkes referred to them.

6. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

7. Ntmt

Ntmt Established Member

It would be interesting to know if it makes sense to list domains at GoDaddy Auctions or Godaddy Premium Listings (probably with bin) while domains are listed at Afternic. Will it give additional exposure and sales? I think Afternic-listed domains appear at GoDaddy registration path as premiums for sale, but anyway.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice