NameSilo

Two Year review Afternic DomainAgents Sedo DynaDot Flippa Uniregistry UNDeveloped (DAN) marketplace

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by xynames, Jun 18, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. CalHumaidan

CalHumaidan Established Member

Thank you xynames for creating this thread...
    When you list your domains in these marketplaces, is your target buyer an end user? or a domainer?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

One possibility is that they find a link via a search at Dofo, a one-stop place that covers all of the main marketplaces. This is not directly relevant to xynames study, since dofo were just starting then, but going forward I expect more domainers and end users to use their service (I have no association with Dofo). I think this is a strong reason to list at at least one marketplace covered by Dofo, even if you mainly operate from your own site.
    Bob

3. CalHumaidan

CalHumaidan Established Member

if I had very good domains, how likely end users are going to go across them in the main marketplaces?

4. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

[​IMG]
    Last contact I had with DAN over this was December 18, 2019.
    [​IMG]
    I think it's telling when you receive an offer at DAN and you know it's bogus before even thinking about it deeply. Happens too often at DAN, according to other NP members.

Hadn't really thought more about this bogus offer I received at DAN since that date in December, but Just tried to login to my DAN account, unable, and my email address associated with my DAN account doesn't seem to exist. :xf.cool:

More will be revealed....

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  5. namemarket

namemarket Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Very few business end-users heard of several of the venues (except Godaddy). Some domainers (like myself) never even heard of DOFO until recently when Bob Hawkes referred to them.

6. xynames

7. Ntmt

Ntmt Top Contributor VIP

It would be interesting to know if it makes sense to list domains at GoDaddy Auctions or Godaddy Premium Listings (probably with bin) while domains are listed at Afternic. Will it give additional exposure and sales? I think Afternic-listed domains appear at GoDaddy registration path as premiums for sale, but anyway.

8. xynames

There appears to be a new system for offers at DynaDot marketplace.

In the past the offers came in via messages in the regular Inbox, or via Domain Offers, also under the same Messages/Inbox.

Now, you are notified via email with a direct URL to the offer link,

[​IMG]

and the offer looks like this:

[​IMG]

Still apparently no way to set a minimum offer on your domains though. @Dynadot
    https://www.namepros.com/threads/dynadot-marketplace-suggestion-minimum-offer.1166419/

You will find the offer after login under Aftermarket/Incoming Offers.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  9. Rory Ivey

Rory Ivey Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

So you don't recommend setting bin on afternic..just a good minimum offer..and you field request?

10. xynames

Have you noticed that Flippa allows offers of as low as 25% of your minimum?

My suggestion would be to make the minimum offer the lowest offer anyone may send in, which is how it works on all other sites. Or, Flippa could add a setting which when checked disallows any offers below the minimum set.
    @flippa_marketplace @FlippaDomains

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  11. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

This is changed now. When you select Buy Now + Make Offer it gives you the option of setting a minimum, or leaving it blank.
    BuyNowOfferDynadot.png
    If you use the default Buy Now setting a minimum offer option does not show up, but going to the next selection in pull-down menu makes it appear.
    Bob

12. xynames

If you're talking about DynaDot, yes, they have allowed setting a minimum offer for some time now. But for a large portfolio it takes some time, one page at a time, and when I did it, I didn't bother with looking at all the domains I had set BINs on, and just plowed through all that because it would have taken even longer to go through and make sure these BINs were retained. So, it is a flawed system, where there are limits to how many domains you may alter settings for at a time
    https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/default-print-settings
    but it works.

13. gericsb

gericsb Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Great thread!

For what it's worth, I am following the same path of listing my names in all the same Marketplaces as xynames.

Granted, I am operating on a much smaller scale of about 80 names vs the 2300 approx of the OP's

Since my names are not regged at Dynadot, this is the one marketplace we differ.

This thread has been very helpful in organizing my 'List Everywhere' strategy, but also helped set my expectations realistically.

Thank you!

14. uzver

uzver Established Member PRO

Does anyone still use Flippa these days?

Even if their website went down permanently I wouldn’t notice unless TheDomains.com reported it :xf.rolleyes:

15. gericsb

gericsb Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I sold a small developed affiliate site on thete last year, but I don't use it for domains anymore

16. xynames

One tip I have found, for example on SEDO to deal with recalcitrant offerers who keep mindlessly submitting your minimum offer no matter what you counter with, or what you say in the Sedo offer comments, is to raise the minimum in your settings for that particular domain to half of your counter before making the counter.

This shuts out the lowballers, and compels at least a decent offer if the buyer is serious.

Ideally of course your minimum offer on each domain should be about half of what your intended asking price would be, but with thousands of domains listed on multiple platforms, I don't have time to go in there on every platform where I list to alter the minimums on each domain.

Instead:

1) I have an actual BIN listed on ONE platform only at a time, for me it's Afternic - and the BIN is set only after I receive a price inquiry.

2) For all domains across all platforms, I have a decent minimum offer set somewhere between mid to high three figures, to at least weed out the jokesters.

3) I have the same minimum offer noted in the verbiage of my Contact Us form on my landing page for all domains, for buyers who go directly to the domain and are directed to my XYNames.com landing page.
    (I am experimenting with custom, unique landing pages for some of my highest quality domains.)

4) I raise the minimum to about half of the intended or actually listed BIN, for any domain where I get inquiry or offer activity, for that platform.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice