Domain Empire

Scammed

Spaceship
Watch
Scammed (Resolving)

Okay this is a long story so ill try and keep it short.
About 1 month ago i sold a name for $3k and i was looking for another business deal to invest in and i had this guy OdditySoftware on my msn who was looking for a 1/3 partner in SigRent.com which i jumped at sent the money right away.
I never heard from him until i filed a claim which then he said he had been away and he will have the site up the next day if i canceled the claim being a trust worthy guy i did.
That was 2 weeks ago and still no contact he comes to the forum every day as he has posts and shows online but he never reply's to my pm's or e-mails this has been going on 1 month and i am quite certain there isnt going to be a site.
I write this as i am looking for different options to get my money back maybe someone can get in contact with him and help me out.
Im only 15 and $1,000 usd around $1,200 Aud is quite alot of money to lose as thats around half a years work for me.
So i am asking for some help in recovering my funds.
Also i am trying to not use a credit card charge back if my parents find out i wont be able to do business online again.
Thanks for your time and hopefully you can help me out i am willing to offer $100 to who ever helps in recovering my money.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Don't email for a backcharge, they will not accept. you must get your Father, the owner of the card to ring them. They will not give you any info as part of security measures.

So it all goes back to let your parents know about the situation as soon as possible! the sooner the better. I think its worth being told off and maybe grounded for a while (if you have strict parents!) than losing $1000 ! Thats quite alot of money by anyone's standards! Especially for a 15 year old. I really hope you get it back.

•••
Ok i understand SigRent,The problem is this,You signed into a contract,Rather the name on contract is real or not,You signed it.However you do have a non receipt of goods claim if you have not received your 1/3 share in the website,The advertising is a complete different issue because there are three share holders in this agreement.You should make an effort to contact the other share holder besides odditysoftware pertaining to this dispute.In my opinion although the advertisment for this was conducted here at NPs,There is really nothing relevent in this claim that pertains to Namepros staff.It's a three party contract and somewhat complicated as there is another party involved other than odditysoftware.Once you ever file a paypal dispute,Never drop it no matter what the seller requests.Just my opinion,The other party involed in this may act as a mediator in this dispute and could very well resolve it.If you do not get results,I definatly recomend contacting the credit card dept.

Last edited:
•••
paypal's dispute is useless in most circumstances, though i agree with what you say xfactor, i see no point in wasting any more time rather than taking the most direct action to get his money back right now, being the number 1 priority for him. Then he can discuss the matter to whom ever required. If he has emailed the person he sent the funds to and he HAS read the mails / pm's with no reply, he clearly has a right to backcharge. I know i definatly would.

•••
this is very interesting.

not really sure what to make of it all other than it "appears" someone scammed someone else... and is hiding behind a "contract" and it not being a namepros only issue.

that said, a 15 yr old cannot by law enter into a contract and be held to it. I would suggest the money be refunded asap and the person of interest explain what exactly is going on here in order to "save" his name... it certainly doesn't look good from what I've read here.

•••
LeeRyder said:
this is very interesting.

not really sure what to make of it all other than it "appears" someone scammed someone else... and is hiding behind a "contract" and it not being a namepros only issue.

that said, a 15 yr old cannot by law enter into a contract and be held to it. I would suggest the money be refunded asap and the person of interest explain what exactly is going on here in order to "save" his name... it certainly doesn't look good from what I've read here.[/QUOTE

Absolutly agree,But is not revelent to Namepros staff IMO,It's an illegal contract for one,And the credit card company will most likely have to investigate the matter.He said and he said is not proof of intent unless it's in writing.A quick refund would be in the best interest of the accused to further eliminate further litigation and investigation IMO

Last edited:
•••
And the credit card company will most likely have to investigate the matter

In most circumstances they don't, they send you a form which you fill and return and they get in touch with paypal to backcharge! The process usually takes under 1 - 1.5 weeks max! though during that time your credit card will not be charging you intrest (if they do they will refund you!) on the money spent on paypal (the $1000).

I cannot see how someone can sign a contract online! To my knowledge that makes the contract invalid! as anyone can claim the signature!
About the legal laws, sigrent being in australia, i am not sure if the laws of usa appeal to him!

Imho namepros staff Don't have to take part in this, but it would make the community feel safer if they do and take a hard stance on the party who was in the wrong!

[off to bed, nearly 2.10 am in uk!]

•••
domain4u said:
In most circumstances they don't, they send you a form which you fill and return and they get in touch with paypal to backcharge! The process usually takes under 1 - 1.5 weeks max! though during that time your credit card will not be charging you intrest (if they do they will refund you!) on the money spent on paypal (the $1000).

I cannot see how someone can sign a contract online! To my knowledge that makes the contract invalid! as anyone can claim the signature!
About the legal laws, sigrent being in australia, i am not sure if the laws of usa appeal to him!

Imho namepros staff Don't have to take part in this, but it would make the community feel safer if they do and take a hard stance on the party who was in the wrong!

[off to bed, nearly 2.10 am in uk!]

A digital signed contract is the same as any other contract.Minus the notary

•••
I did not sign the contract though i will upload it so you can all see if that helps.
There is no signiture it is only my name written Morgan Payne i had no part in the agreement form in any way so i dont see how it could be a contract.

•••
Xfactor said:
A digital signed contract is the same as any other contract.Minus the notary

Laws regarding digital signing, as well as the legal age, probably differ internationally.

It would be great if oddity can post here and state for the record how the US$1,000 payment can be justified.

•••
I see,So you never entered into this contract,But you paid $1,000.I would seriously go to your dad on this SigRent,I know you don't want to and all.But it's the best thing to do.This needs to be investigated by your dads credit card fraud department.It's really the best thing to do sig.Best of luck to you regarding this.

•••
Maybe you or someone can try and contact him for me as he doesnt seem to reply to my pm's.
I didnt want to make a big deal out of this but after 1 month of no contact or detials being sent i thought i had to do something.

•••
in the vast majority of the western world 17/18 is the age of consent... regardless, the undersigned is protected by the laws of his nation, not the sponsoring country (in this case, apprently .AU which is 16 or 18 eitherway) so the contract is still null and void.

•••
armstrong said:
Laws regarding digital signing, as well as the legal age, probably differ internationally.

It would be great if oddity can post here and state for the record how the US$1,000 payment can be justified.

I agree bigtime,The sooner the better for oddity so this can be all resovled.

•••
Yes i wouldnt like to take any legal action or even use a charge back which might hurt his credit rating thats why i wish to consult this with him personally.
So if anyone can get in contact with him that would be very helpfull.

•••
PM sent to oddity, asking him to clarify on this thread.

•••
Chargeback does not hurt his credit rating as an individual.
Does seem bizarre, however.
Following with interest.
-Allan

•••
Thanks for such a great response from everyone.
Please inform me when or if you recieve a response from oddity

•••
Contract is null and void and this has become a np matter as much as I would never do business with him. IMO Oddity not coming here is not a good show of any ethics plus doing a contract with a 15 year old?

•••
I agree,A Namepros matter as far as if oddity stays here,But not a Namepros liability by any way, Shape or form IMO,Hopefuly oddity will show up,Clarify the situation,Make it right and it will be done.I believe the NPs staff is handling this the best and only way possible and that's to give oddity the chance to clarify the situation,Behond that,Namepros is out of it IMO

Last edited:
•••
I agree DUDE not a NP prob ODDITY just made the whole place aware and WHO would do business with him?

•••
Sigrent:

I am sorry and know this must be frustrating. I know you must have tried to contact him via PM here, could you give it another go again?

and add the link to this conversation so he can view and see your concerns.

•••
Here in the states, you can't have a legal binding contract with a 15 yr old.. he'd have to return the money to you no matter what the reason...

•••
okay i see that odditysoftware is online or has been online just wondering if anyone got a response?

•••
Did you personally try to PM him, what is his user name?

:)

There is a firm that works in disputes I am going to have them phone him and we are contacting him to hopefully reslove this issue.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back