IT.COM

Scammed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Scammed (Resolving)

Okay this is a long story so ill try and keep it short.
About 1 month ago i sold a name for $3k and i was looking for another business deal to invest in and i had this guy OdditySoftware on my msn who was looking for a 1/3 partner in SigRent.com which i jumped at sent the money right away.
I never heard from him until i filed a claim which then he said he had been away and he will have the site up the next day if i canceled the claim being a trust worthy guy i did.
That was 2 weeks ago and still no contact he comes to the forum every day as he has posts and shows online but he never reply's to my pm's or e-mails this has been going on 1 month and i am quite certain there isnt going to be a site.
I write this as i am looking for different options to get my money back maybe someone can get in contact with him and help me out.
Im only 15 and $1,000 usd around $1,200 Aud is quite alot of money to lose as thats around half a years work for me.
So i am asking for some help in recovering my funds.
Also i am trying to not use a credit card charge back if my parents find out i wont be able to do business online again.
Thanks for your time and hopefully you can help me out i am willing to offer $100 to who ever helps in recovering my money.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
First and foremost, let me start by saying that the first time this thread came to out attention was yesterday by virtue of a link supplied by armstrong in a PM (thanks).

Secondly to address the allegations made by Mr. Payne in regards to being ‘scammed’:

You have yet to ever attend one of the ownership or project meeting scheduled weekly via conference call as outlined in section 4.a of the partnership agreement, so as to your “lack of knowledge” as to what was going on, you have only your lack of initiative to blame.

Furthermore, this is a completely mute point as at anytime you have had, and continue to have, the ability to opt out of the partnership by selling back your shares in the partnership to a current majority member for a price equal to that of your original investment as outline in section 7c of the agreement. All that is required to fulfill this recourse available to you as outlined in the contract is to leave a verbal affidavit with the attorney (name and phone # also available in the contract, we can resend info via email or fax if needed) releasing your share(s) of ownership, and nullifying your ability to collect any future profits of the organization.

This recourse has been available to you from day 1, and continues to be. If you would merely follow the simple instructions as outline in the agreement you could have handled this yourself. PLEASE DO SO NOW!

We have neither the time nor patience to follow-up with your inabilities to read and comprehend. In reference to comments made above regarding your age, 15? If this is truly the case, then the proclamation of identification signed as part of the contract on your part, signifying that you are of legally binding age to be held to a contractual obligation (see section 12.2) was a false affirmation.

As usual I appreciate the supportive nature of this community, and am sorry we have been unable to reply to these defamatory accusations until now. Please take the prescriptions available to you Mr. Payne by opting out of the partnership immediately, and be forewarned that continued allegations regarding the mistruths in respects to the our organization and conduct thereof, will be construed as Defamation of Character and we will pursue any and all legal recourse available to us under the governing laws as applicable in section 13.b of the partnership agreement.

Regards,
Will

Last edited:
•••
Hmm... so you bought 1/3 of SigRent.com , perhaps I am misunderstanding, theres a site but looks kinda dead or are you talking about another site?

•••
Hi SigRent.. Its such a frustrating situation you have right now.. I once had a bad experience with one of namepros member before. .. The solution came when I ask Namepros Staff for help.. Although your dealings with the guy was outside of Namepros and this is bit their obligation but I guess RJ or Armstrong may be able to help you.. So go on try to contact the NP staff and see what they could advice.. They may even probably mediate between you and Oddity.. . There's nothing to lose when you try to contact them. These are great guys who are always there when you need help ... Wish you can get through with your money back soon.. :)

•••
I see odditysoftware quite alot in the "Expired Domains" section. He usually posts dictionary word droplists and is active nearly everday i think, he seems like a nice guy ;)

Have you told the staff about this problem? I'm sure they will be a big help :tu:

•••
cant you just file the claim again?

•••
I contacted paypal and to my suprise they where no help at all ( sarcastic ) all they did was replied with a pre made e-mail saying to read the rules.
Which didnt really help me.
I contacted armstrong awhile ago about this but im still awaiting a reply not sure if he got it or got in contact with oddity.
I see the OdditySoftware is quite well known and he seemed like a nice guy but the opinions kinda change after he doesnt reply to any e-mails whilst he has $1,000 of yours.

Hmm... so you bought 1/3 of SigRent.com , perhaps I am misunderstanding, theres a site but looks kinda dead or are you talking about another site?

Yes it was a 1/3 partnership in SigRent.com the money was going towards a advatising launch whish never happened the launch was ment for just over a month ago and there still hasnt been any change to the site from when i decided to go through with this deal.

Thanks for you help so far

•••
How about PM'ing -RJ-? he usually replies :tu:

•••
Okay i might try that if he doesnt read this thread in the next day or so.
Thanks

•••
Just maintain patience SigRent,It will all come out in the wash as we say here in the south.Namepros has a huge number ratio of members here.Things of this nature can be expected when you have as many members as Namepros has.And the staff works very hard to insure Namepros integrity,I have had the same problem myself here.And you need not worry about NPs staff taking care of these scammers,They will do so.But on the paypal end of things it can be tough sometimes to recover your money on non-tangable goods.Just be persistent and polite when you call paypal.If you can't recover your money from this seller.Take legal action via your credit card or banking instatution,I have had to use this recourse of action several times,And have had positive results doing so.Third choice is file a lawsuit,Very simple to do,And if the defendent fails to appear,They will have a judement against them,This meaning should they try to sell anything,Thier house ect,They will have to pay you the judgemnet against them before they will be able to sell.To complicated for me to get into.But all will work out my friend,Just be patient.

•••
$1,500 is a lot to invest in a website, especially if you dont know a whole lot about this guy...anyways I wish you luck on getting that money back as I understand how hard you probably worked to get that. :)

Contact the Staff.. He is the owner of the domain SigRent.com, correct?

Administrative Contact:
Tiepelman, William
1635 Meyer Dr.
St. Charles, Missouri 63303
United States
(636) 723-1422

Get in contact with the fellow, there is no way you will let him get away with this!

•••
I have found it hard getting in contact with him as i live on the other side of the world thats why i am offer $100 to who ever can help me recover the money.
Thanks for your help i see a great site here that wish to help others out not just them selves which i feel is quite a nice change.
Compared to other sites ive been to.

•••
I'm not clear on what you were to recieve for your investment. What action or item are you waiting for from Oddity? SigRent.com appears to be an operating website. You then are the 1/3rd owner of the site?

•••
The money that i sent was meant to pay for the advertising launch for the site which never happened also if you look through the site its only half finished and no work has been done on it since the payment was made.
When money was sent he had told me the site was fully finished in 3 days after the payment the site launch was set but to this date there has been nothing.

•••
This from oddity via PM:

odditysoftware said:
Not totaly sure what the "complaint" is, but no, has nothing to do with NamePros. I believe it is just a case a "buyers remorse", and lack of communication on his part. If he wishes to sell his 1/3 share in the venture, he can do so in accordance with the contract that was signed.

Unless I am missing something here? I have recieved a message from him saying he was in need of $$$, and we (the 3 partners) needed to expidite the "go live date" of the site. Then a few hours later, he sent a message saying he just wanted out.

This not being a purely NP transaction, I don't see how the mods can mediate a resolution. Any suggestions?

•••
Poor communication on my behalf?
I have sent him numurous e-mails and pm's that have gone unanswered, also there was no signing of any contract he sent me one via msn with the names written on it ( and his name was a fake on it which wrote William Tieman )
Also Buyers Remorse you cannot expect me to send $1,000 for a partnership in a site that never gets finished, and the money was meant for advertising which never happened.

•••
armstrong said:
This from oddity via PM:

This not being a purely NP transaction, I don't see how the mods can mediate a resolution. Any suggestions?
I don't believe so in this case,I believe the two must comunicate to resolve this issue on thier own as i read the statment from odditysoftware.I suggest the partys involved comunicate to resolve the issue.If a contract was signed and ect.This is a private agreement between the parties involved,And is not a Namepros issue IMO

•••
Maybe Oddity contacting sigrent.com in msn, aol or yahoo to talk about it directly will help alot. Seems to be some misunderstanding in there.

Flora.

•••
MissFlora said:
Maybe Oddity contacting sigrent.com in msn, aol or yahoo to talk about it directly will help alot. Seems to be some misunderstanding in there.

Flora.

Yes i would like this but 2 weeks ago he e-mailed me saying that he will install msn on his pc again as he rebooted it so if i cancel the claim ill be able to talk to him on it the next day when he gets back, This was 2 weeks ago and i still havent seen him on msn i have written 3-4 e-mails asking why he hasnt been and no answer i also tried contacting him through other e-mails accounts on wehavethem.com and even posted a domain on basefile.com saying please reply to my e-mails which was just deleted off the site.
Im not sure what more i can do to get in contact with him and he says it was lack of contact on my behalf! >:(

•••
You entered into a contract with two other people on this project.You have your 1/3 ownership of the website correct? But failure of reciept of goods being advertising correct?? Did you indeed do as odditysoftware said in his statment,Telling odditysoftware that you wanted out??

•••
Witht the contract he sent it to me saying to sign it but hes name was different compared to the who is details for the domain so i never signed as at that point it seemed fishy.

Did you indeed do as odditysoftware said in his statment,Telling odditysoftware that you wanted out??
I didnt say it in thoughs words instead i asked for my money back

•••
Ok..I fully understand that,.But do you have access and 1/3 ownership to the website?? You are claiming on the non receipt of goods being advertising promised correct??

•••
No i have no details for the site.
No cpanel login details
No admin login details
No advertising details
No site material
So really i have nothing apart from a agreement saying im 1/3 owner of the site and his name is a fake on it.

•••
ok. Don't waste your time on paypal. They will take for ever to investigate your case and it could be unlikely they will go your way!! They really are Terrible at this thing. Give the user a last warning. Then the Best thing is to get the credit card backcharged asap, some companies have policies on backcharging, also it may effect your parent credit rating! I suggest telling your parents the full situation, i am sure they will understand if you explain. If not point them to this forum :)

Reading this thread seems to me like this guy is really wasting your time. Even if its not a scam / fraud its a clear moral reason to backcharge, as you had no response or any action. I donot suggest you go after his phone number etc. As i doubt it will get your money back. The best thing you can do is consult your parents to get in touch with the credit card company asap.

A small tip, Keep ALL the evidence. Don't delete the pms he sent and the emails. I really hope before payment you wrote what your paying for in the description. If not do it next time for every payment you send. Its good for your own records and security.

•••
SigRent, at 15 y/o you are considered a minor in the US and cannot legally enter into such a contract. If you want your money back he, William?, will have to give it back.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back