IT.COM

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone else having cash out problems where Payoneer can’t accept payments from Sav? I just had two payouts declined.

•••
Pay with Funds in Account - We are working out the details on this and expanding our payment offerings as we speak. Once we have all the details determined we will get the coding scheduled right away!

Backup 2FA - We have had this request a few times and will be looking into it.

@ninjadomain - Feel free to DM me the ticket details and ill take a look.

@Relevant Domain - I could be mistaken but I don't think we support Payoneer.

•••
Pay with Funds in Account - We are working out the details on this and expanding our payment offerings as we speak. Once we have all the details determined we will get the coding scheduled right away!

Backup 2FA - We have had this request a few times and will be looking into it.

@ninjadomain - Feel free to DM me the ticket details and ill take a look.

@Relevant Domain - I could be mistaken but I don't think we support Payoneer.
It doesn’t look like you do. So now I’m waiting for the funds to show back up on the Sav dashboard so I can start the process of transferring again.

•••

Last edited:
•••
@Relevant Domain Can you DM me the details on how you initially requested a payout from Payoneer? That should not be possible in the first place.

•••
I’ve been preparing an official complaint to the US Federal Trade Commission for the past few days in regards to pre-authorization holds and their misuse by Sav team. Anyway, I can see now that they’ve just changed the way it works. Once outbid in auction they revert your losing bid straight away – which is definitely some sort of improvement and a step in the right direction. Charging multiple bidders with multiple amounts for the same domain name was definitely a big no-no. Each domain name is unique which means it can’t be sold more than once at the same time - that’s why charging multiple bidders with multiple amounts for the same auction was deeply wrong. If you only have one apple, you simply can’t sell it to five different people at different prices, and you shouldn’t collect money from all of them. Or making them pay the bid price twice. Anyway, I will keep observing what happens next.

Last edited:
•••
A quick update on Auctions bidding. After looking at the logs from the past two weeks, we just adjusted the system to pre-auth the first bid on any auction, even if its the user's only bid. Users can still raise their bid by up to 3 times without being re-authorized. We also made it so pre-auths are removed the moment a bidder is no longer the high bidder and removed the requirement for bidders to have to had purchased something at Sav before they can bid. We we have updated the FAQs and How Auctions Work page and will continue to monitor and make improvements to ensure the integrity of every auction on Sav as needed.

•••
A quick update on Auctions bidding. After looking at the logs from the past two weeks, we just adjusted the system to pre-auth the first bid on any auction, even if its the user's only bid. Users can still raise their bid by up to 3 times without being re-authorized. We also made it so pre-auths are removed the moment a bidder is no longer the high bidder and removed the requirement for bidders to have to had purchased something at Sav before they can bid. We we have updated the FAQs and How Auctions Work page and will continue to monitor and make improvements to ensure the integrity of every auction on Sav as needed.
What about the users your system has unjustifiably banned from participating in auctions, simply because your system had bill them multiple times for auctions they participated but did not win and when they eventually won could not pay due to your idiotic pre-authorization monster seizing funds for 7 days?
I'm affected, so I'm asking:
How do you plan to handle that?
Or are you not aware of the issue?

Last edited:
•••
Is this a temporary fix? In the future, are you going to be verifying bidders with purchase history so they don't have to deal with it?

•••
@Nick R Is there an issue with the site today?
1st domain: Had to update DNS for the 5th time to get it to update. Each time Update in progress cleared but it didn't apply the update.
2nd domain: I updated the dns on the domain and it didn't process the update so I had to send another update and it worked. This time update in progress didn't clear but 2nd time it did clear.

•••
I just noticed that the account button with the submitted support tickets from the help page is missing.
You must do something with the support asap.
I have some requests that haven't been answered for more than a week

•••
What about the 4th and the 5th bid etc? are you gonna pre-auth every bid after the 3rd one ?
and for old users, is it still available to bid without pre-auth as long as the bid is lower than the amount they spent on sav?

Last edited:
•••
What about the 4th and the 5th bid etc? are you gonna pre-auth every bid after the 3rd one ?
It’s not about counting your bids. He means tripling the amount of your bids: if you bid $10 for example, they will automatically pre-authorize $10. Next pre-authorization will happen when you bid $30. Once you reach $30 your initial $10 will be reverted and they will pre-authorize $30 instead. Then if you reach $90 your $30 will be reverted and they will pre-authorize $90... and so on. Intermediate bids won’t be pre-authorized - no matter how many bids you place, as far as you don’t triple the amount of your previous bid.

*** My mistake: your $10 will be reverted once another bidder outbids you (by placing a bid of $11 for example). The system will just remember that you got pre-authorized for $10, and will attempt to pre-authorize you again once your bid is tripled (when/if you bid $30 or more).

Last edited:
•••
@Josytal - We only hold authorized funds while the bidder is the high bidder. The moment they are outbid, we release them.

@silentg - This is already the case. Bidders can bid up to the sum of their total spent on Sav older than 120 days with no pre-auths. DNS - I am not aware of anything but our support team can take a look - help.sav.com

@Traderas - We are not aware of any tickets a week old. Are you submitting them via the help center - help.sav.com? I think the button you are referring to is when you login to your Sav account then click the Help button.

@sa3edamien - We only pre-auth again when the user triples the dollar value of their existing bid. If you initially bid $100, you can then bid $150, $200, $250 without getting pre-authed, until you bid $300.

•••
@Nick R thanks for the response. I did submit a ticket but issue was resolved before they responded. So they closed ticket. Just check with your dev team.

•••
@Josytal - We only hold authorized funds while the bidder is the high bidder. The moment they are outbid, we release them.

@silentg - This is already the case. Bidders can bid up to the sum of their total spent on Sav older than 120 days with no pre-auths. DNS - I am not aware of anything but our support team can take a look - help.sav.com

@Traderas - We are not aware of any tickets a week old. Are you submitting them via the help center - help.sav.com? I think the button you are referring to is when you login to your Sav account then click the Help button.

@sa3edamien - We only pre-auth again when the user triples the dollar value of their existing bid. If you initially bid $100, you can then bid $150, $200, $250 without getting pre-authed, until you bid $300.
For old users, is it still available to bid without pre-auth as long as the bid is lower than the amount they spent on sav?

•••
@Josytal Can you see now what I hate about his way of answering questions? You ask a very specific question, he replies something completely unrelated to your question, and moves on... I myself wonder what happened with all the bidders who got banned for not paying the names they won simply because Sav left them with no money for 7, 10 or more days... By the way those bidders were not five (how he said), but probably hundreds. A few of my own names didn’t pay and went back to auctions because Sav made it impossible for buyers to pay them. Some of those bidders got unbanned afterwards, but I still lost my sales, and they lost the names they wanted to buy. ;)

Last edited:
•••
@Josytal Can you see now what I hate about his way of answering questions? You ask a very specific question, he replies something completely unrelated to your question, and moves on... I myself wonder what happened with all the bidders who got banned for not paying the names they won simply because Sav left them with no money for 7, 10 or more days... By the way those bidders were not five (how he said), but probably hundreds. A few of my own names didn’t pay and went back to auctions because Sav made it impossible for buyers to pay them. Some of those bidders got unbanned afterwards, but I still lost my sales, and they lost the names they wanted to buy. ;)
Sure, it's as if he didn't even read my post at all. So, absence of an answer is also an answer. I can't force SAV to improve, can I ? The good thing: I've got choices. If SAV doesn't want my money or patronage, someone else out there certainly does.

•••
I am referring to a button that existed for about a week, on the top corner in the help center page. Where are you could see the history of all the submitted tickets with their answers. I can see it any more, it was a very useful addition

•••
Hello @Nick R i need to get my domains out of your auction the new rules i don't agree on them so my right to ask you get them out ,you make your site down man so you understand

•••
@Azaly - I am not sure if there is any action we can take but I am happy to see. Just DM me your email address and the domain names.

@Josytal - My apologies for unclear response. I think you are asking about what happens to users who were banned due to not being able to pay for auctions. We did make our pre-auth policy very clear and put in a link to it on the bid confirmation screen for every bid a bidder placed. We also want to ensure that all bidders & sellers can be confident that the high bidders are aware of the rules and can pay when they win an auction. So if a bidder was banned, they will remain banned for now. Once we give users the ability to pre-fund their Sav.com accounts and can verify the funds in their account later this year, they will be able to bid again.

@Traderas When you are logged-in to Sav then click help, you should see this:
Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 11.25.36 AM.png

If not, just click the blue Contact Sav Support button at the bottom and it will log you in.

•••
@Nick R I think what @Josytal meant was those bidders banned from participating in auctions for not paying after you left them with empty credit/debit cards for more than a week. (I don’t expect a reply) :)

On the confirmation screen we see for any bid we place there are two links actually. First one is “How Auctions Work” and links to a brief about how they work. A very short brief indeed. Second one is “FAQ” - which opens savcom.wixanswers.com/account/agents/signin - a link to a login page for a completely different website. Pointless and completely useless. (Thank God it doesn’t take us to a site with adult content) :)

Attachments

• 86136DE7-CC04-427C-835B-9A2E7F04EAA1.jpeg
    86136DE7-CC04-427C-835B-9A2E7F04EAA1.jpeg
    616.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 1732C939-AF54-4C6C-9517-7D03800AC30B.png
    1732C939-AF54-4C6C-9517-7D03800AC30B.png
    268.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
•••
Hello @Nick R i need to get my domains out of your auction the new rules i don't agree on them so my right to ask you get them out ,you make your site down man so you understand
You are right , plz cancel the auction
For my domains too @Nick R

•••
Worst registrar ever.... I hate Sav. Been with you guys for over a year and your customer service takes 6 to 10 days to even get a first reply. I complained about it 6 months ago and it's still the same story with you guys. I sent a message to support on the 30th and it's now the 8th. Still no response. Nick... Your service is abysmal and you do nothing about it while taking our money. How can you sleep at night knowing that you're not providing even the most basic customer service flto your customers, letting messages pile up like that? There are off shore outsourcing companies you can hire. I've been with you guys over a year and I can honestly say your CS us the worst I've encountered in this industry hands down. You people should be ashamed to provide such terrible service.

Last edited:
•••

I have an unanswered ticket since 12/29/2021

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back