Domain Empire

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Always nerve-wracking after what happened to Epik. I hope this is a glitch and nothing more.

•••
•••
Always nerve-wracking after what happened to Epik. I hope this is a glitch and nothing more.

if temp glitch then the guy who wrote that email should be fired on spot. cause first thing u say if its temp is that its temp.. and last thing you say if its temp is that u need new payment method for basically all of future.. I was getting comfy and liking sav... this is such bummer..

•••
if temp glitch then the guy who wrote that email should be fired on spot. cause first thing u say if its temp is that its temp.. and last thing you say if its temp is that u need new payment method for basically all of future.. I was getting comfy and liking sav... this is such bummer..

Sav is currently my favourite gtld registrar, for a clean panel and the prices. Yes, there are glitches but I usually shrug it off as growing pains. Hopefully the paypal issue won't kill them.

Last edited:
•••
Sav is currently my favourite gtld registrar, for a clean panel and the prices. Yes, there are glitches but I usually shrug it off as growing pains. Hopefully the paypal issue won't kill them.

pp has what now 300mil users worldwide... or more... i bet tons domainers use pp.. buy sell etc.... pp is a deal breaker for most..domainers or other..

•••
pp has what now 300mil users worldwide... or more... i bet tons domainers use pp.. buy sell etc.... pp is a deal breaker for most..domainers or other..

Yeah, I mean, if I can't pay with paypal within a few days, I'm moving. What I meant is that I hope they resolve it sooner than later.

Last edited:
•••
I know what you mean. SAV is not my favorite registrar, but they are my favorite auction marketplace site. They have become one of the primary places where I sell off my inventory that I no longer wish to renew. Without PayPal, those auctions are no longer going to garner much attention and they are not going to be worth my time.

@Nick R
Assuming this is just a temporary glitch, please ignore my comment. But, have you considered linking with a platform like Google Pay if consumers can no longer use PayPal directly? Google Pay lets a person link a PayPal account, so it could be a workaround.

•••
I was on Sav Help pages and they have the following message up:
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties affecting customers using PayPal as their payment method.
Followed by the rest about adding another payment issue.

I hope that by saying currently and technical difficulties, the implication to me is something that is not going to be a long term problem.

Will be good to hear something official from Sav here, when they are in position to do so.

Bob

•••
First off, we’d like to notify and thank our customers for their patience with the sudden issue regarding PayPal on our website.

Last night we received an email from PayPal stating that we can no longer do business with PayPal. The email didn’t state any more information except that there was a trademark or copyright violation regarding the sale of an item. We were never provided any additional information about the alleged violation. Additionally, we were never given any prior notice, nor any chance to explain any transaction before being banned.

We understand that PayPal has suddenly banned other domain service companies without initially giving detail of the reasoning, including NameBio last year. We are hoping for a chance to know why we have been banned, and to be given a chance to rectify the issue quickly and easily. But PayPal has not provided us any way to do that, other than to send a letter to their legal department.

To suddenly ban an ICANN-accredited domain name registrar without providing any specific details is a bad business practice. Sav and other registrars deserve a chance to explain and rectify any transaction before suffering a total, sudden ban. We hope that PayPal will reach back out to us soon to correct this mistake.

To our many users that use PayPal as their primary payment method, we are just as frustrated as you are. At the moment, we suggest you use a credit card to make any purchases on Sav while our attorneys work to contact PayPal and resolve this issue. We are hoping to get this issue solved as quickly as possible.

PayPal’s sudden and unfair decision to ban Sav has hurt our business. We are trying to do everything we can to give creators and domain investors the easiest experience possible, and PayPal has been part of that experience for many of our customers, for two years.

If you have any connections at PayPal or time to tweet them on behalf of Sav, then we would greatly appreciate the support! We will update this post as soon as we get more information.
https://blog.sav.com/help-bring-paypal-back-to-sav

•••
It doesn’t look good for those who pay with PayPal.

•••
Hi everyone,

As of August 17, 2022 at 6 PM CDT PayPal has banned our ICANN accredited domain name registrar over a misunderstanding they haven’t provided details on. While our attorneys are currently working on rectifying the issue, we feel that our customer base has an even stronger voice. Please go to our Twitter and retweet this post to help us resolve this issue.

As always, thanks for your support and patience!

•••
> there was a trademark or copyright violation regarding the sale of an item

So I guess all the other dropcatchers and marketplaces are next...? Soon we will be paying for domains with cash, or maybe gold...

•••
> there was a trademark or copyright violation regarding the sale of an item

So I guess all the other dropcatchers and marketplaces are next...? Soon we will be paying for domains with cash, or maybe gold...

Not to introduce any baseless conspiracy theories here, but I think it is safe to assume that some of the bigger fish in the registrar sea are going to be shielded from such actions by PP even though they likely have registered millions of copyrighted names over the decades they have been doing business.

It's sad that the startups are getting punished like this. I hope that SAV looks into other payment platforms that can either link through to PayPal, or that offer a safe and reliable replacement for PayPal.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Has anyone noticed expiration dates not showing up on recent auctions won??

•••
it is wise if sav consider "wise" as payment

•••
•••
What looks real bad is that nothing works correctly.
Yes, I also don't see expiration dates showing up on recent auctions won.
Also it s really hard to push names or change NS.
I have to give the order minimum 5 times, with time difference, to manage it....

•••

its wiser to just go elsewhere. cause in the end paypal is wisest of all

•••
Has anyone noticed not receiving names won in the auctions?

•••
We have seen an elevated error rate for change of account/domain updates in the last two weeks and have been manually pushing domains to users' accounts for auction wins that fail. We launched a fix for that on Thursday that should resolve the issues. If you are seeing any issues, please submit a ticket so we can take a look. There are no known issues with this at this time.

Last edited:
•••
I did submit a ticket some hours ago, but no response.
I won a domain I didn't received.
I m ok to wait some days, but I know that you allow users to transfer out domains being auctioned and I m afraid I may never get it...

Also I just saw "bowling.xyz" fake auction restarted again, just I predicted...

•••

Last edited:
•••
I agree.

Maybe, sav could also implement account balance that can be funded via various payment methods. That's what I use sometimes at Namecheap, Dynadot, Porkbun together with using PayPal on those sites. I don't like leaving my credit card details on file with domain registrars.

Last edited:
•••
Things are getting worse day by day...

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back