Dynadot

Sav Official Thread

NameSilo
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just a reminder that we are going to be starting our scheduled infrastructure maintenance in about 20 minutes.

•••
so are u guys preparing to move out of sav with no paypal... or u just keep renewing in other payments?

•••
so are u guys preparing to move out of sav with no paypal... or u just keep renewing in other payments?
I prefer to pay with credit cards, paypal is used as last option and if there are funds. It's not essential to have PP, even if I have there funds I can transfer to CC easy, then pay using CC option.
Sooner or later we will have crypto it will be the most used way to pay, but PP will die slowly if they don't improve.

•••
I m still trying to understand what were the big changes we were expecting!
Have you noticed any change?

•••
I m still trying to understand what were the big changes we were expecting!
Have you noticed any change?
Yes, can not get "Authorization Code" now

•••
•••
Hello All - A few updates:

Let's start with PayPal. In short, we do not have an update yet. We are trying to get more details from PayPal via email, social media, physical letter, through our attorneys, and over the phone but have not gotten a reply with any specifics. We will keep doing everything we can to get bring PayPal back to Sav asap. We really hope that this is not the end of being able to use PayPal for all domain registrars. If you want to help speed up the process, please tweet/RT at https://twitter.com/AskPayPal asking them to reenable https://twitter.com/usesav right away.

Scheduled Upgrade Last Night - these were infrastructure changes behind the scenes to increase the reliability and speed of the site as we continue to grow (see: https://domaingang.com/domain-news/sav-com-is-now-the-4th-top-registrar-in-new-registrations/)

Expiration Dates: It looks like there is an issue displaying expiration dates for domains that were bought in an auction. It looks like the date does appear about 24-48 hours after the domain arrives but is not shown correctly until that point. We are taking a look into it and will be pushing a fix soon.

•••
Yes, can not get "Authorization Code" now
I still can change NameServers, even after many tries.
I m waiting to receive a domain I won 2 day ago.
And support isn't responding.

And also lately my new domains have:
Date Registered:
12/31/1969
Date Expiring:
12/31/1969

•••
@Nick R
Please check my ticket about the domain I won 2 days ago, before the owner transfers it out of SAV...

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

Lately, I started using SAV backorders with moderate success, which is ok given their competitive pricing. Surprisingly, a few days back I was able to register some of my backordered domains myself (manually) using SAV's website. I don't expect SAV to be faster than DropCatch, but at least faster than manual registrations. Is this performance expected or it was just a bad day?

Thanks.

•••
Screenshot 2022-08-22 at 21-49-03 Settings.png

Screenshot 2022-08-22 at 21-54-18 Transfer Overview.png

I sold a domain at sedo, fast-transfer failed, now I need to manually get the transfer code, but the authorization code is empty, what's going on

Last edited:
•••
@Traderas @Bailian - Can you DM me the details and ill take a look? We are open M-F so I imagine our support team would be taking a look today but I'm happy to look myself too.

@PoMa - Did you submit the backorders by the deadline in our Pending Delete file, which is usually 12:00am CT on the day of drop? Usually, when we see this it's because the backorders were submitted too late so Sav does not attempt to catch the domains. Feel free to DM me the details as well.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @Nick R , I will send you the details. In any case, if the backorder was placed too late, the confirmation email should reflect that somehow.

•••
I prefer to pay with credit cards, paypal is used as last option and if there are funds. It's not essential to have PP, even if I have there funds I can transfer to CC easy, then pay using CC option.
Sooner or later we will have crypto it will be the most used way to pay, but PP will die slowly if they don't improve.

pp will never die.

and I think u would be real shocked to learn how many people either have only pp on sav..or elsewhere... or heavily prefer it.. probably like 80percent

•••
Also please add the possibility to export your backorders and a confirmation email for deleting backorders.

•••
PayPal Payments Re-enabled at Sav

As of 10:30 AM CDT on August 22, PayPal has re-enabled our ability to accept payments via PayPal. We learned this morning that our account was disabled last week due only to a domain name that had no association with Sav. We provided this explanation to PayPal and they promptly re-enabled our access. Most importantly, we just wanted to give our huge thanks to the domain community and our many users for taking the time to reach out to PayPal on social media to promptly bring this matter to their attention!

•••

As of 10:30 AM CDT on August 22, PayPal has re-enabled our ability to accept payments via PayPal. We learned this morning that our account was disabled last week due only to a domain name that had no association with Sav. We provided this explanation to PayPal and they promptly re-enabled our access. Most importantly, we just wanted to give our huge thanks to the domain community and our many users for taking the time to reach out to PayPal on social media to promptly bring this matter to their attention!
Great news :xf.smile:

•••
Good to hear Paypal is back at SAV.

Highlighted the part in bold and underline. This is messed up. They shouldn't be banning accounts without doing proper investigation. They could've easily avoided this if they had asked SAV for explanation.

Last edited:
•••
We have purchased a premium domain on August 19th, yet after 3 days we are still waiting for it to be listed in our account. Now we are a bit confused what exactly is going on with this domain purchase since we have not heard anything in the past 3 days from support in this regard!
@Nick R Have just sent you a DM regarding this...

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R I'm having trouble making and receiving payments.

I am afraid of what problem I will encounter while making every transaction with sav.com.

try to be user friendly..

•••
@Nick R I'm having trouble making and receiving payments.

I am afraid of what problem I will encounter while making every transaction with sav.com.

try to be user friendly..
Can you DM me the details including your Sav account's email address?

•••
Pushing domain to another account always fails,this problem has not been solved

Screenshot 2022-08-26 at 01-13-27 Settings.png

•••
Pushing domain to another account always fails
Always?

Well, I've pushed many domains so far and none of them failed.

•••
Can you DM me the details including your Sav account's email address?
Hello,

@Nick R
Thank you for taking care of my problem and solving it.

best wishes..

•••
I have tried to transfer a domain from Sav to Dynadot, why does it take sooo long to transfer away? It takes less than an hour on Namecheap and Dynadot, but with Sav it's been like 2-3 days since I initiated the transfer and still pending!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back