Domain Empire

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'll be interested to hear...

Someone caught one of my backorders via DropCatch and Sav did't beat them to it.
A 2nd backorder was renewed at some point in the past few days.
Only 1 backorder left to see how it performs.

Is Sav supposed to work like dropcatch? If so, since it's free, I'd imagine it'll rarely win

Last edited:
•••
sav.com backorders are only good for domains you suspect nobody else cares about and you want to get as cheap as possible. For anything else, even $11 dropcatch discount backorders are infinitely more effective, but you need to take the risk of HugeDomains frontrunning you. For domains you really care about - full-price dropcatch + snapnames/namejet backorders.

That said, sav caught me a few domains in the past. But it was just a small percent of what I ordered.

Thanks for the explanation. These are domains I'm only willing to buy at the ~$10 hand reg price - so it's really no big loss. I will go back to using SnapNames/NameJet if I find a name worthy of the $69 fee. btw - back when I used to use SnapNames/NameJet there was no DropCatch. Is DropCatch better? Is HugeDomains affiliated with them in some way?

•••
Yes, DropCatch, HugeDomains and NameBright are all the same company.

Ouch! That has to mean that HugeDomains frontruns all the backorders. Or at the very least participates in every auction where they want a name. No gold to be found in those hills then

•••
No, they don't participate in DropCatch auctions and they don't precede regular-price backorders, only the discounted ones.

Whew - that's good to hear

•••
Today I noticed something very concerning.

I had some weird double charges in my card.
After a lot of searching, I found duplicate invoices in my account.

I spoke with support, they will refund me...
It s because of some maintenance they said...
Yea ok nice!

At the same time I have 5 open tickets.
Some domains missing from my account, one cannot be unlocked etc...
Worrying. I don't have many domains with SAV, but it sounds like I better check what I have there...
Hope they get your issues sorted.

•••
@Nick R

It just shows that I have three domains with buy now listing. How do I see/manage these listings ?

1716897324063.png

Anyone knows about this please let me know.

ALSO why is the list of extension so long. Everyday at least a few minutes are wasted just scrolling down to the settings at bottom. I wonder how time is that in a year ?

funny sav.png

Sometimes the backorders I did appear at an auction without any other bidders ??? Just some weird things that I find only at SAV.

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Last edited:
•••
Hello Sav.com Team,
My domain is not working and it was changed to clientHold state 5 days ago . I haven't received any messages from Sav.com about it.
There is still one more year left until the domain expires, and there are no trademark disputes.
Please explain in detail what is the problem with my domain.
The domain name is sent by PM.

e. This issue has just been resolved. It was my mistake and it was a very simple issue.
About clientHold Sav places a clientHold status on your domain when the ICANN mandated WHOIS registrant contact verification is not completed within 15 days. This status disables your domain until the contact is verified.

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
@CraftNames - All we are able to say publicly is what we have already posted and quoted in this thread.

•••
@Nick R What do you mean “everything worked out as intended”??! I don’t understand *Nothing worked out as intended!!.. Did you even read my message?? I won lta.co and paid 260 $ for it. Today (7 days) later sav.com just banned me for no reason and now they’re selling the name again... Yes they sent all my money back today but I don’t want the money.. i want the domai that i fairly won and paid for. I even paid more than i shiuld’ve.. the price was 158 $ and i paid 102+158 $ =260 $ I already submitted 2 tickets but no answer yet..

Last edited:
•••
hello @Nick R I transfered upcare.net to sav this morning, accepted the transfer in dynadot to speed up things, dìynadot agent confirmed me in written that you guys got the domain and also whois confirms that is in sav since 9 hours but according to your colleague of the customer service that handled my ticket i still have to approve the transfer. thanks.

Last edited:
•••
@capybara - No news to share yet but we are just as excited for this as well.

@Bailian, @Traderas, @darb, @Clover - Our support team can take a look at this for you - help.sav.com

@JohnM - It looks like our support team was able to get this resolved. I am happy to help when I can but am not able to login to NP every day.

@Soofi - Feel free to DM me with any questions, we are here to help.

@Alex Solomon - What you most likely describing is a pre-authorization on their credit card. We do this to ensure new bidders have the funds available to pay for their bid should they win. The minute a bidder is outbid, we remove the pre-auth. With PayPal this reflects in your account immediately. With CC, it can take a few business days. We do try to make this process very clear by adding this notice on every bid confirmation screen:

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 8.19.34 AM.png

@Bailian - We totally agree on the bulk registration tool and did have an issue in the past where Pushes could get stuck. The bulk registration tool is on our list and we are not aware of any current issues where pushes get stuck as we have worked hard to improve on that. We do not have a 2.0 beta planned at the moment but do actually launch improvements to Sav each and every week. We are going to start posting weekly updates with what has changed to keep customers filled in.

Last edited:
•••
Of all the registrars I use, Sav is the most unresponsive when it comes to customer service. They will take days before replying to support tickets or Twitter DMs, no live chat on their website. So frustrating!

Is there any Sav staff that can attend to me here on Namepros via DM without asking me to go create a ticket on their website?

•••
@PurpleMan - We aim to respond to all tickets within 1 business day (M-F) and actually reply to most tickets within a few business hours. If you want to DM me the title of the ticket and your email address I would be happy to take a look.
I've finally been able to resolve it. I'll take note of this ensure to send you a DM next time I need help.

•••
Also lately I have noticed in many particular auctions systematically the high bidder doesn't pay, and the auctions restarts. Some examples are fed.xyz, inc.xyz, vjx.xyz, fjord.io and many more 3L .xyz and .io, that have been in auction for more than 5 consecutive times. Most of the times the bids are much higher than the true market value of the domain. So apparently someone bids his own domains to the point that there will be a satisfying offer from someone else, and of course he doesn't pay...
And my question is: Don't you use pre-authorized charges? How can this happen? Don't you keep these money afterwards?
Also are you aware that when someone bids an X amount of money (that you pre-authorized charge) and then puts another higher proxy bid in the same domain these funds are released?
For example if I bid in a random domain for $1000(that you pre-authorized charge), and just after I bid again for any amount from $1001 to $2999, you instantly release all my funds.

Also I wanted to ask:
1. Is there any timeline about the connection between the available money and the purchases?
2. The download auctions function works?

Thank you
Not all bidders are pre-authed. Here is how it works: https://help.sav.com/kb/en/article/...-pre-authorizations-after-bidding-on-auctions

Using funds to purchase domains - We are actively working on expanding our payment offering, including this. I don't have an ETA at the moment.

Auction Downloads - This is expected to go live next Tuesday afternoon.

•••
I feel total idiot plz deidiotize me..
I exchange like 20 emails with sav.. I have domain i owned few years.. which I transferred to sav on may 28.. i thought it's under lock for.60 days.. for all names..sav insists not... but when.i try transfer elsewhere they say it is.. and it's a registry lock.. whois shows.it ok to.tranafer but if registry lock then it still could apply despite whois...?

•••
@branding - Oh we see the confusion. This lets you know if your account had already submitted a backorder request for this domain. There are some users who submit duplicate domains and this section of the emails shows the duplicates for that user. We will change the wording of that email ASAP.

@CK_Yau - insider.pro - This is a domain that was drop caught by Sav therefore Sav is the seller. Since there is no private seller with something to gain for a higher sale price, fishy bidding does not happen. I did look at 3rd $51 bid and do not see anything fishy.

@Traderas - I did take a look at each of these 5 domains and see that are all very different situations. I can't go into too many details as we do not want to reveal the buyer's or sellers' strategies but the only common thread on a few of these is that the high bidder was unable to pay, their accounts have been restricted per our FAQ (https://help.sav.com/kb/en/article/...-pre-authorizations-after-bidding-on-auctions) and the auctions have been restarted ~3 times recently. There are 2 bidders that participated in multiple unsuccessful auctions that have already been banned from participating in any auctions per a previous manual review we conducted a few weeks ago.

•••
•••
anyone know if nick still around? shouldn't there be some politeness there to let all know if gone so people dont waste time pm him or tag him here. come on now sav.

•••
•••
•••
Hello All. Unfortunately @abigailatsav is no longer part of the Sav team. If there are any pending issues you were working with her on please feel free to DM me the details and I can pick them up.
Thats not good. Employee retention is very important for security and trust.
K, it was her fault. Fire your human resources guy then.

@Bravo Mod Team maybe should close @abigailatsav account. Hopefully not to much info was shared with this person who rob monster probably pick up next
Nice to see way less complaints, i mean concerns.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah Great! Until you have to pay twice for the domain you've won in the auction!! And ending with your account banned!
Fix the bugs and errors!! Before launching the new system!

Have you tried other marketplaces? I will not list the names here but you should once have experienced them, you'll understand why I am in favor of pre-authorization.

Those tiny bugs will be fixed and they have been bugs and errors even before the new system changes and they have worked and fixed them and they will also do the same now, they will fix it.

•••
Shortly after I posted in this forum I received a refund from Sav.com for 158 $ to my card. With no explanation at all...I just want to say that I don’t want your refund..!! I WANT THE DOMAIN LTA.CO THAT I FAIRLY WON AND PAID FOR.. !! And i want my account to be unbanned. I PAID THE NAME!! TWICE!!!!! And I didn’t do anything wrong!! I waited for the domein for 7 days.. And i have the receipt in my inbox. You are ignoring my messages to your support. Nobody replies there!! This is soooo unfair and unprofessional.. ?!?!?!

•••
I dont get why you keep using sav 😂

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back