Dynadot

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is currently happening to me on SAV.
I log in and search for a domain.
when I add it to cart, immediately I get logged out. Then I log in again and the domain is no longer in the cart again. Then I add to cart again and I am logged out, and on and on. Tired. Wasn't like this 24hrs ago when I bought a domain.

•••
I need to keep logging in because their site is constantly kicking me out. I messaged Support yesterday about the issue.

•••
•••
I can't reach anyone. I have transferred my domain to Sav and it’s not showing under my account, all I can see is transfer completed under transfer status page but there is no way to manage domains. My site is down now for 12 hours. This is my business website and this hurts my business. @Nick R @Sav.com

Last edited:
•••
I can't reach anyone. I have transferred my domain to Sav and it’s not showing under my account, all I can see is transfer completed under transfer status page but there is no way to manage domains. My site is down now for 12 hours. This is my business website and this hurts my business. @Nick R @Sav.com
It's been almost 24 hours, my site is still down and I can't reach anyone. They don't respond emails, there's no phone or live chat. No way to reach someone. Someone responded my ticket and told me to wait 2 BUSINESS DAYS. No answer, not telling me where my domains is nor what is going on. This is really frustrating. What kind of business practice is this? I am really regret to choose sav.com. @Nick R @Sav.com

Last edited:
•••
Welcome
It's been almost 24 hours, my site is still down and I can't reach anyone. They don't respond emails, there's no phone or live chat. No way to reach someone. Someone responded my ticket and told me to wait 2 BUSINESS DAYS. No answer, not telling me where my domains is nor what is going on. This is really frustrating. What kind of business practice is this? I am really regret to choose sav.com. @Nick R @Sav.com
Welcome to Sav! Don’t worry - the live chat is in their to do list - it’s been in there for the past 2+ years. Together with lots of other old promises. :)

Last edited:
•••
Since the start of July I won 13 names in SAVs users auctions, that were registered in another registrar.
9 of them have been canceled, because the seller did not transferred the domain.
4 names received.
So I received 4 domains out of 13.
30% success rate!!
This is a very bad stat...

These are the domains that was never transferred by the seller.

localisable.com
win-betting.com
vww.net
okg.xyz
sisihouse.com
softblends.com
richestnow.com
w3stream.com
aktif.org

@Nick R
Please try to understand that scanning and biding thousands of auctions, requires much valuable time and effort.
Can't you see that this is hurting your job?
Why aren't you even trying to avoid this situation?

You could accept external auctions only by sellers that have completed a transaction in SAV before.
You could create accounts in other registrars and request sellers to push the domains to you as a guaranty.
You could even request money as a guaranty.

If you can not handle this matter, just don't support external auctions, it would be better for all of us...

Last edited:
•••
Trying to transfer out my single domain at Sav & unlocking it keeps failing.

I've submitted a ticket.

•••
•••
Trying to transfer out my single domain at Sav & unlocking it keeps failing.

I've submitted a ticket.
Status is "pending transfer" but it still says "locked". I also got an email that the process has started.

•••
Status is "pending transfer" but it still says "locked". I also got an email that the process has started.

Apparently there was a verification process in the background, before unlocking the domain.

Resolved / Transferred.

CS responded in a timely manner with an explanation.

•••
@Musketeer - This may be something we look at in the future but do not have any set plans as of now.

Session Logout - I know this response is a bit delayed but we traced this back to a network with Cloudflare. They have resolved this.

@howudoing - This ticket has been resolved. Thanks for the DM!

•••
I received an Afternic fast transfer authorization request email for some domains I just won in the auction. But the strange point is that; I haven't listed these domains in Afternic yet.
I'm guessing the system is asking me for authorization for domains someone else has already listed.

If this is the case and I approve the fast transfer, the domain will be automatically removed from my account when the sale happens and someone else will earn the money and I'll lost the domain.

In addition, although I pushed a domain to another SAV account, the Afternic fast transfer authorized counter in my account did not decrease. Regardless of the new owner's decision, that domain is probably still authorized for fast transfer.

I think there is a serious problem with domain ownership checking in the connections between Afternic and SAV.

Regarding the issue, it would be nice to be able to remove authorized domain names from Afternic and Sedo fast transfer network whenever we want. Or maybe being able to reset all authorizations and set them from scratch would also work.

•••
I received an Afternic fast transfer authorization request email for some domains I just won in the auction. But the strange point is that; I haven't listed these domains in Afternic yet.
I'm guessing the system is asking me for authorization for domains someone else has already listed.

If this is the case and I approve the fast transfer, the domain will be automatically removed from my account when the sale happens and someone else will earn the money and I'll lost the domain.

In addition, although I pushed a domain to another SAV account, the Afternic fast transfer authorized counter in my account did not decrease. Regardless of the new owner's decision, that domain is probably still authorized for fast transfer.

I think there is a serious problem with domain ownership checking in the connections between Afternic and SAV.

Regarding the issue, it would be nice to be able to remove authorized domain names from Afternic and Sedo fast transfer network whenever we want. Or maybe being able to reset all authorizations and set them from scratch would also work.
I stopped authorizing names registered with Sav for fast transfers because of the very same reason. It equals to possibly just giving away your names for free to random people.

Last edited:
•••
@kor - Anyone can add almost any domain name to their Afternic account to list for sale. Afternic then reaches out to the registrar via API and which triggers an email asking the registrant to confirm. In this case, it sounds like someone may have added your domain to their Afternic account. We have gotten a few reports of this recently and have already reached out to Afternic to see what can be done.

•••
We have gotten a few reports of this recently and have already reached out to Afternic to see what can be done.

Setting up a customized DNS (verify-3d8zql02r.afternic.com) is the most effective and easy way.

•••
I stopped authorizing names registered with Sav for fast transfers because of the very same reason. It equals to possibly just giving away your names for free to random people.
How to do it?
I not see in my settings or Marketplace, want to disable in bulk all domains for this Sedo and Afternic MLS thing.

•••
Someone please guide me through the process of creating a successful backorder for pending delete .com domains on Sav.

I have a SAV account and I would like to create backorders for pending delete domains. I see some domains which are in "pending delete" state, so I would like to catch them with Sav when they expire in a few days.

So I enter this domain name into the search box, then I see the domain and the backorder button next to it. I click on the backorder button, but then I will be redirected to the my backorders section and here I don't see the domain and there is no way to add a new backorder. It says: "A valid payment method and auctions username must be set in My Account before backorders can be submitted."

Valid payment method: yes, I have successfully linked my paypal account, I see this paypal account in my SAV account with a green checkmark icon next to it.

Auctions username: yes, in the my account section I see my auctions username, by the way it was automatically generated and I cannot change it. But it's there.

I read the support article: https://help.sav.com/kb/en/article/placing-a-backorder

Problem is that the "add backorders" textarea is not available for me, I only see the "A valid payment method and auctions username must be set in My Account before backorders can be submitted." message.

So what's the problem, how to create a backorder for a pending delete .com domain?

Last edited:
•••
Well, like you said, you don't have the "Add backorder" box, so therein lies your problem and I'm afraid only sav support will be able to help you with that. For me it looks normal.
url: https://www.sav.com/my_backorders/domain_list
1664435584840.png

•••
Hi @Nick R

Can Sav make it possible to add or remove Afternic/Sedo authorization for each individual domain plus show in My Domains whether fast transfer is enabled for a domain? This would be a useful feature for maintenance and it would solve the issues mentioned above. The current way of accepting all or nothing and not being able to see which domains have been authorized is too limited.

•••
Sav should provide option to create a ticket or send online support form for users who cannot access their account. Currently, to create a ticket you need to login into your account......

•••
Is there a way to get an immediate response from Sav? I have an urgent matter that is time sensitive. It's an easy fix on their end, but no one is helping me. I've tried contacting Nick, but no response there either.

•••
There is no known way. Unfortunately you would have to wait till Monday

•••
..have you tried sending a fax (you can get it from their Contact page)...?

the regular fax is busy for me all the time. their 'law enforcement phone line' is busy all the time as well. I sent DM to Nick and it's been second day of no response.

•••
Still no updates on being able to use our sales funds as the registrar balance?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back