Domain Empire

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Is SAV down? I m getting this message:​

"Internal Server Error​

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

Last edited:
•••
Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 21.16.38.png

•••
Have anybody figured out how to use Sav’s new beta transfers page? I can’t find any other way to start a transfer-in if I don’t switch back to their old transfers page. I find the new page completely useless. Also searching domains through the search bar on their home page should probably give you an option to start a transfer-in. Instead you have only two options - to buy or make offer (if the name is listed on Sedo for instance) and add to backorders. No way to start a transfer from there. I really hope for the UX designers that Sav are working with to jump off a very tall building.

•••
You guys need to have a status page just like Dreamhost.com does on DreamHost Status so we can see if there's any issue you're fixing. Right now DNS update isn't working. It hasn't worked since the morning.

•••
@Nick R

a name that has been addee to the backorder list by multiple users has not gone into auction... that's far from fair... please have a look. thanks.

•••
@Nick R DNS update doesn't work for me either and it seems it has been 2 days since it's reported here.

This is the most fundamental feature about domains. If even that doesn't work, what's the purpose of SAV's existence?!

•••
SAV customer service don't even read what I wrote: I don't like when the CSR assumes it's always customer's fault and don't check if their system is functioning properly.

Thank you for reaching out.

We checked your domain is using NS from ns1.bodis.com & ns2.bodis.com. Due to those not sav NameServers, you will not be able update DNS from Sav.

We recommend you to update the DNS from your hosting site.

For now, is there anything else I could assist you with?

Best Regards,

Ryan

Last edited:
•••
I just noticed that during the past 3 days, SAV charged me 6 times * $1.38 for no reason.
Till now 5 out of 6 transactions have been canceled by them and I have been refunded.
You must constantly double check all transactions and cards related to SAV.
Anyone else has noticed something similar?

•••
I just noticed that during the past 3 days, SAV charged me 6 times * $1.38 for no reason.
Till now 5 out of 6 transactions have been canceled by them and I have been refunded.
They are probably just checking if you’re still on the alert. 😋

•••

You should report the situation to your bank.

•••
SAV customer service don't even read what I wrote: I don't like when the CSR assumes it's always customer's fault and don't check if their system is functioning properly.

Gaslighting is some kind of company policy, I guess.

Last edited:
•••
I'm having an issue with unlocking a domain

Anyone else having the same issue?

Last edited:
•••
Please advise on transferring out a domain sitting in "expired dropped" status, as the bulk action buttons on my dashboard are non-functional, I can't click into the domain, and it disappeared from my cart for renewal overnight.

Your ticketing system will not let me log in, and your support@ email is telling me to use the ticketing system.

I already reviewed your Domain Expiration Timeline support article. Thanks.

•••
Please advise on transferring out a domain sitting in "expired dropped" status, as the bulk action buttons on my dashboard are non-functional, I can't click into the domain, and it disappeared from my cart for renewal overnight.

Your ticketing system will not let me log in, and your support@ email is telling me to use the ticketing system.

I already reviewed your Domain Expiration Timeline support article. Thanks.

Check whois to see what status it is at the registry. If it's still in autorenew grace period, then check sav auctions to see if it didn't land there. Earlier his year sav had me good with one domain: I put it on wholesale price at afternic as I wasn't sure I was going to renew it - and it sold. But when I wanted to transfer it, I discovered it disappeared from my account just one day earlier and went to auction. All with agreement with the rules I accepted, no shenanigans here. Since there were no bids in the auction, I contacted sav to highlight the situation and ask them to cancel the auction so I can push the domain to afternic. They refused and instead invited me to participate in the auction, which had still 9+ days to go. I contacted Nick R. here who also refused. I added the auction to watched but didn't receive any reminder and the auction ended without offers. After that, it was silently added back to my account (I suppose it's a standard procedure as well). Just in time for afternic to cancel the transaction a couple hours earlier. Thanks, sav!

@diglactic TL;DR for you:
1. check the actual domain status in whois
2. check if your domain is at sav auction
3. you can bid in the auction or wait for it to end, at which point the domain should get back to your domain list

•••
I m still receiving wrong charges.
Everyone double check every transactions you have.
I created a ticket, they can't see the false charges and they asked me for a proof.
Let's see how this will turn out...

•••
•••
Is auto-renew enabled on your domains?

That is not related in any way.
I m getting small charges 5 days now.
Most of them are cancelled some time later, but not all.

According to their support:
"We assume the transaction most likely due to you have backorders in Sav."

So they are not sure what is going on....

Last edited:
•••
Maybe transaction details are available on this page: sav.com/reports/transaction_list

•••
Maybe transaction details are available on this page: sav.com/reports/transaction_list
I checked that, nothing there.
As I understand they have no idea why is this happening.

The told me that they assume it may has something to do with pre-authorization.
Which is irrelevant, as I have spent thousand dollars in auctions and backorders, and pre-authorization is not needed in my purchases.
They also explained to me how pre-authorization works :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

So they solution they gave me, is just an assumption!
And that was it! They just asked me if I want anything else to assist me with! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

•••
Check whois to see what status it is at the registry. If it's still in autorenew grace period, then check sav auctions to see if it didn't land there. Earlier his year sav had me good with one domain: I put it on wholesale price at afternic as I wasn't sure I was going to renew it - and it sold. But when I wanted to transfer it, I discovered it disappeared from my account just one day earlier and went to auction. All with agreement with the rules I accepted, no shenanigans here. Since there were no bids in the auction, I contacted sav to highlight the situation and ask them to cancel the auction so I can push the domain to afternic. They refused and instead invited me to participate in the auction, which had still 9+ days to go. I contacted Nick R. here who also refused. I added the auction to watched but didn't receive any reminder and the auction ended without offers. After that, it was silently added back to my account (I suppose it's a standard procedure as well). Just in time for afternic to cancel the transaction a couple hours earlier. Thanks, sav!

@diglactic TL;DR for you:
1. check the actual domain status in whois
2. check if your domain is at sav auction
3. you can bid in the auction or wait for it to end, at which point the domain should get back to your domain list
Appreciate it!

•••
@CK_Yau - This is a request that we are getting more and more and will look at updating this page later next year. Regarding the domain not in an auction, please DM me the domain, and ill take a look. We do not publically publish how many users backordered a domain so we would be interested in how it was determined that multiple users backordered it as well.

@NameDrop - When a backorder is submitted on the same day the domain is dropping, we immediately try to register the domain for most TLDs. This is why it can not be removed until the next day as it gives us time to determine if we were able to register the domain or not. Any backorder submitted on any day other than the day it's dropping can be immediately removed.

@iTesla - If you are still seeing SMS issues, DM me. We did see an issue with SMS in India last week but were able to get it quickly resolved.

@Traderas, @kor - Thanks for letting us know about the outage. We detected it as well and had the site back up about 4 minutes later.

@silentg, @kor - We are not aware of any recent DNS update issues. Please reach out to our support to see if something else may be blocking the update. Feel free to DM me the details as well.

@silentg, @Traderas - The support reply and the $1.38 charge. Can you DM me the details?

•••
@Nick R Sent you a DM.. SAV Support fixed the DNS issue.

•••
Almost 3 years since I started using Sav.com and the website is still as unreliable as it has always been. Just lost an auction because the site doesn’t load properly and freezes. Am I surprised? Of course not - I am used to it. It happens all the time.

•••
Hello @Nick R I need urgently a transfer to sav to be completed within today. i wrote to the customer service and also to you in DM here. Hope one day the chat will be active in sav.

•••
This is a message I also sent to Sav support 5 minutes ago. I am making it public and hopefully something changes.

Hello.

Your website has been acting weirdly all day:

- cannot unlock domains - message "failed domain unlock"
- starting auctions and listing names for sale at BIN are taking ages and often don't work at all
- updating name servers is taking ages and sometimes it doesn't work at all
- payments are not going through again
- in general the site is extremely slow

Some other things that need changed.

- The filter shouldn't be case sensitive in regards to nameservers. Your filter tends to think that "ns1.sav.com" is anyhow different from "NS1.SAV.COM" for example - this makes your filter completely useless.

- Searching in "My Domains" is ridiculous. I have to type the whole name every time in order to find it. This is not searching at all and is not useful and user friendly at all.

- When a name is sold through your marketplace you don't actually update registrant contact details. I keep recieiving emails from prospective buyers for names I have sold a long time ago. Sometimes I need to contact the new owner of a name I've sold in the past. I usually use the form provided at privacyprotection(.)com and then emails are being returned to me as the original registrant. I can't possibly imagine how many leads are lost this way for your customers.

I really don't know why nothing improves at Sav. At the same time you keep asking me to rate the site every time I log in. My rate will be of course always ZERO because things with Sav are not improving in any way. They are actually getting worse.

Kind regards,
Anton

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back