IT.COM

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Nick R @Sav.com My card is getting declined for auto payments for backorders. I have been checking and this card is works just fine at other merchants and websites. I have been writing tickets since saturday and I have not received any response yet. I have messaged important details to you guys in PM. Could you please check and resolve this at earliest. Thank you.

•••
@Nick R @Sav.com My card is getting declined for auto payments for backorders. I have been checking and this card is works just fine at other merchants and websites. I have been writing tickets since saturday and I have not received any response yet. I have messaged important details to you guys in PM. Could you please check and resolve this at earliest. Thank you.

From my experience, they do place temporally hold on your card if you place a bet. I got one domain in bidding and I believe it had like 2 or 3 temporally charges/hold placed on my card. Quite stupid idea for the customer... if you bid on multiple names and multiple times - I am sure your card issuer will block this merchant in no-time.

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R @Sav.com

Please advise - I have a domain at SAV and it has not been listed for sale on Afternic.

However, I keep on getting emails from SAV every day, asking me to logon and approve the fast transfer request.

Please advise. Thanks.

•••
Is the domain transfer page slow for anyone else? I put in the domain and authorization code and hit enter. And the add to cart button shows up after 30-40 seconds.

•••
@Nick R
As I understand all RU/SA/ZA.com domains registered in SAV, have been placed on a protective hold, and cannot be used in any way.

Is this coming from the registry or it s your decision?
What is the official reason?
Shouldn't you have warned us first, that we won't be able to use our domains?
Why does this have to apply to the whole portfolio?
Is there any way for this decision to be reversed?

Thank you

Last edited:
•••
@Janoss - This is a request we are getting more and more and will look into adding this to the UI. In the meantime support can help you with this.

@k007 - We know. This is not a common issue but is one that we need a workaround for. We are on it!

Response Time - We are open Monday - Friday 9-5. I do try to log in to NP as much as I can but am not able to every day :(

@capybara - I know we sound like a broken record but it's on our list... I promise.

@Primary Names - Handled within the DM!

@CK_Yau - We are seeing this more and more as well. Anyone on Afternic can list any domain at most registrars, which will trigger an email to the registrant. We are trying to find a way to prevent unwanted emails but have not come up with anything yet.

@Traderas - The RuZaSa registry has been placing holds on domains and domains from the same user that were flagged for DNS Abuse. DNS abuse for us and this registry enforce the same criteria (https://dnsabuseframework.org/). If you want to DM me a few domains that were disabled, I can reach out to them and get the exact reason to share.

•••
Domain search has never worked in my Sav account. Is this a common problem? @Nick R

Last edited:
•••
Domain search has never worked in my Sav account. Is this a common problem? @Nick R
If you mean searching domains in the “My domains” section you need to type in the full domain name and press the button with the spying glass. It’s different compared to searching auctions for instance.

•••

Yeah, it works weird, it's not actually "search" but rather "show me this domain". I wouldn't mind if they changed it to proper search.

•••
When are you guys implementing this? This has been promised since last year.
Support via phone / chat

•••
@Nick R

I'm having issues with the two factor authentication

I'm not getting the code

Sent you a DM

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R

I'm having issues with the two factor authentication

I'm not getting the code

Sent you a DM

Thanks
Same issue, it was working until yesterday.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2390).png
    Screenshot (2390).png
    96.6 KB · Views: 35
•••
Our primary SMS vendor did experience issues yesterday. We quickly switched to a backup provider but did see some deliverability issues in a few countries, mostly India. This has been handled as well and all SMS messages are going through as intended.

•••
Hi @Nick R

possible to implememt "ticking" and "select all" when removing domains from the backorder list?

thanks

•••
Hi @Nick R

possible to implememt "ticking" and "select all" when removing domains from the backorder list?

thanks
That is an excellent suggestion. We will be working on marking that work more like the domain manager page in the future, but no ETA yet. I've added your suggestion to the details of that item. Thanks!

•••
That is an excellent suggestion. We will be working on marking that work more like the domain manager page in the future, but no ETA yet. I've added your suggestion to the details of that item. Thanks!
Please also add sorting by domain expiration date.

•••
Trying out SAV for first time, registered a few domains. Nice prices. I'm curious, do any 3rd parties other than ICANN or Domain Services like Afternic/Sedo have access to information about domains being registered via SAV? The reason I ask is that I'm seeing multiple hits (web traffic) on my domain landing pages from IPs associated with sketchy looking hosting service ISPs that pretty much look like bots, looking for random URLs on the domain landing pages that don't exist. For example mynewdomainexample.com/home or mynewdomainexample.com/us . I've never seen hits from bots like these on other domains with landing pages that I have registered via other domain registrars. Please advise, thanks.

•••

Cheers @Nick R

Since I am using your backorder function a lot, I really hope to see it becomes better and better - eventually the best :)

Is it possible to have an additional column, indicating the status? Let's say Upcoming / Successful / In Auction / Failed etc

•••
Trying out SAV for first time, registered a few domains. Nice prices. I'm curious, do any 3rd parties other than ICANN or Domain Services like Afternic/Sedo have access to information about domains being registered via SAV? The reason I ask is that I'm seeing multiple hits (web traffic) on my domain landing pages from IPs associated with sketchy looking hosting service ISPs that pretty much look like bots, looking for random URLs on the domain landing pages that don't exist. For example mynewdomainexample.com/home or mynewdomainexample.com/us . I've never seen hits from bots like these on other domains with landing pages that I have registered via other domain registrars. Please advise, thanks.

The lists of newly registered com and net domains are pretty much publicly available (you just have to ask verisign for access), so there are hordes of bots scanning these domains.

•••
Ok... We definitely need a proper search function. @Nick R

If you mean searching domains in the “My domains” section you need to type in the full domain name and press the button with the spying glass. It’s different compared to searching auctions for instance.

Yeah, it works weird, it's not actually "search" but rather "show me this domain". I wouldn't mind if they changed it to proper search.

•••
Ok... We definitely need a proper search function. @Nick R
It would be good they implement search of domains like on GMO-z.com website backend, there search works as you type, it display domains based on what you typed in, the more letters the less domains containing them will display.

•••
It would be good they implement search of domains like on GMO-z.com website backend, there search works as you type, it display domains based on what you typed in, the more letters the less domains containing them will display.
Something similar to DAN’s search

•••
Heads up everyone. If you backorder a domain through Sav they will not allow you to delete any from your backorder list if it's going to drop within 24 hours, so you are forced to pay for it. When contacting their support they tell you to just delete the domains that you don't want and they will refund you the money, so you listen to their support and delete the domains. Then when they don't refund you you contact their support again and they say, we will only refund 10%, and they don't refund you after all. So you not only don't get a refund you delete the domains from your account too. No refund and no domains!

This doesn't make sense at all. All other registrars will allow you to delete a domain from your backorder list before it drops. Why doesn't Sav?? And what's up with them not giving you a refund after they tell you to delete the domains from your account?? Has this happened to anyone else?

•••
AFAIK Registrars can refund a .com registration within a few (5?) days of registration for a $1 fee, but I'm not sure it is the same route as just deleting the domain, so I think they might just have confused things (which of course doesn't mean you should be the one to pay for their mistake).

As for backorders, it works ok if you delete the order within a couple of hours from receiving the "upcoming backorders" mail, other catchers also don't let you delete 24h before the drop, unless that changed.

•••
Hello
Again SMS does not come, is this general or local issue on my end?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back