Dynadot

.tv RT.tv sold for $62,500.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
After long negotiations I sold rt.tv to Russia Today. The funds actually came from the Russian financial department as this company is state owned. The agreement was signed by no less then 10 people and covered 5 pages, although there was no NDA.

The strange thing was that they didn't want any escrow as according to them that was not allowed by Russian law, so they transfered the funds straight in my account before I transfered the name.

I emailed dnjournal as this can give some extra attention to .tv.

The price I negotiated was $62,500, although I have the feeling it could have been higher if Russia Today was a private company and not state owned.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
" Ching Ching, Spot On Spot On, Thumbs Up, More Power To Yeah, Fanfrigentastic, Out-Standing, Lucrative & Absoultly Dynimite "

Last edited:
•••
congrats, great quantity!

•••
Congratulations John.

Thanks for making the announcement on my birthday! Was a great and unenexpected gift to myself and the whole community.

The impact is huge and presuming they put the web address on their New York taxi ad campaign and other media campaigns it could also have a powerful ripple effect.

Great work, congratulations on a job well done.

•••
•••
Gefeliciteerd !
A great negotiation, to start at $2k and ended up at $62,500 is just fab ! :notme:

•••
all I can say is WOW! great news for .TV!

•••
Nice sale John! Congrats. :)

•••
Excellent news! I really need to stop in here more often!

•••
Just catching up on these threads... Way to go John!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back