IT.COM

.tv RT.tv sold for $62,500.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
After long negotiations I sold rt.tv to Russia Today. The funds actually came from the Russian financial department as this company is state owned. The agreement was signed by no less then 10 people and covered 5 pages, although there was no NDA.

The strange thing was that they didn't want any escrow as according to them that was not allowed by Russian law, so they transfered the funds straight in my account before I transfered the name.

I emailed dnjournal as this can give some extra attention to .tv.

The price I negotiated was $62,500, although I have the feeling it could have been higher if Russia Today was a private company and not state owned.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice job John! Great sale!

•••
•••
Brilliant Sale, well done John!!!

•••
Brilliant. Congratulations!

•••
Very nice Sale!

Congrats!

•••
discovernow said:
Just got back from the bar with some old college friends. I keep telling everybody that "we" sold a .tv for $62,500 today even though it's not exactly "we" but it sure feels like it. It's like we are all on the same team and celebrate the success of others which is why I live this .tv forum so much.

What a great feeling......I think this is the most exciting and positive news we (.tver's) have all heard in a long time. It really does feel like we have all participated in this sale somehow and I am certain it is raising a few interested eyebrows.

•••
jim your another one in a good position... yeah doing postings when your either coming from bar or drinking in front of computer is not the greatest thing....lol... i checked in a couple times, wife was attending a night class, she came inn and saw an empty bottle of wine and said jeff did you save me some, lol.. i said no, i was celebrating for johns big sale and our future pz.tv one.

after couple glasses, some old school miami vice, my dog on the couch chilling with me, i even was talking to the dog, lol and said this is huge. she perked up some, tilted her head side to side and seemed to understand, lol

200 expense, lol.. thats funny.. just write it off the books as a business expense, talk about .tv for a few sentences and call that your entertainment business expense for the deduction, lol :) . you wont be able write it all off :td:

cheers everyone and now im having coffee..

j

discovernow said:
Just got back from the bar with some old college friends. I keep telling everybody that "we" sold a .tv for $62,500 today even though it's not exactly "we" but it sure feels like it. It's like we are all on the same team and celebrate the success of others which is why I live this .tv forum so much.

I guess my friends decided to run up the tab on me:). What the hell, what's another $200 bar tab when our .tv's will sell for big $$$$ in the years to come.

I better get off this computer quick because domaining while drunk can be very very dangerous:)

•••
John,
Hats off to you! Great sale and news for the extension!

Best,
A

•••
congrats john,
.tv rocks! :)

•••
Well done Johntv, you truly are the .tv pioneer!! Giving us hope once again, truly inspirational. I can just feel the adrenaline rush going through my body right now!

•••
Thanks for all the nice posts, really appreciate it!

•••
Excellence negotiation. Congrat John. You are my inspiration.

•••
•••
•••
•••
congrats!

Take that Bob Parsons!

JLC

•••
What wonderful news and congratulations to you. I will have a Gin & Tonic to celebrate!

•••
•••
John,

I remember selling you my first bargain .tv. Nice to see you get some nice dividends on your investment!

And Russia Todays political spin is so funny, sometimes I watch it on youtube for comedy.

Cheers,
Sam

•••
One for the good guys - couldn't happen to a nicer person... Congratulations, John!

•••
from RT site: sounds like they have their act together...

RT is a 24/7 English-language news channel. From our central Moscow headquarters and bureaus all over the world, we are set to show you how any story can be another story altogether. Broadcasting over six continents and 100 countries, our coverage focuses on international headlines, giving an innovative angle set to challenge viewers worldwide. Our correspondents in New York and Washington, London and Paris, Delhi and Tbilisi or Tel Aviv are set to step beyond the bare facts and show you the human side to every story.

RT reporting style was recognised by the Association for International Broadcasting. In November 2007, RT won its Media Excellence 2007 award for a report on the anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster. Our other awards include Russia's most prestigious broadcasting award TEFI in Best News Anchor category in September 2008 and the Golden Award for Promotional intems at Promax/BDA World Gold Awards, 2008.

The analysis of television audiences conducted by Nielsen Media Research in 2008 has shown that the number of RT viewers surpasses that of BBC America by 11%. The number is also over ten times the number of Deutsche Welle viewers. In RT's home country, the size of its audience has grown by 82% in the last six months alone. In Moscow, it has become more popular than international giants such as CNN and Bloomberg.

RT's website has become Russia’s most popular English language internet news service, with the number of hits surpassing that of a number of established Russian resources combined, like Themoscowtimes.com, Interfax.com, RBCnews.com and Kommersant.com.

Millions in New York’s Times Square saw our live broadcast of 2008 New Year celebrations in Moscow and St. Petersburg. In August 2007, RT was the first channel in television history to report live from the North Pole.

We’re available around the world on cable, satellite and online. RT is the first Russian TV channel to hit the web with its own page on YouTube and blogs on services such as Facebook, MySpace and Blogger.

During the South Ossetian conflict alone, our YouTube viewership rose to 1,330,803 and our number of viewers off line surpassed those of such international broadcasting companies as BBC World News, Euronews and France 24, being second only to that of Al Jazeera English.

RT is a public broadcaster. Our dedicated team of news professionals unites young talent and household names in the world of broadcast journalism.

We're here to bring you another story.

•••
dentalpro said:
from RT site: sounds like they have their act together...

RT is a 24/7 English-language news channel. From our central Moscow headquarters and bureaus all over the world, we are set to show you how any story can be another story altogether. Broadcasting over six continents and 100 countries, our coverage focuses on international headlines, giving an innovative angle set to challenge viewers worldwide. Our correspondents in New York and Washington, London and Paris, Delhi and Tbilisi or Tel Aviv are set to step beyond the bare facts and show you the human side to every story.

RT reporting style was recognised by the Association for International Broadcasting. In November 2007, RT won its Media Excellence 2007 award for a report on the anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster. Our other awards include Russia's most prestigious broadcasting award TEFI in Best News Anchor category in September 2008 and the Golden Award for Promotional intems at Promax/BDA World Gold Awards, 2008.

The analysis of television audiences conducted by Nielsen Media Research in 2008 has shown that the number of RT viewers surpasses that of BBC America by 11%. The number is also over ten times the number of Deutsche Welle viewers. In RT's home country, the size of its audience has grown by 82% in the last six months alone. In Moscow, it has become more popular than international giants such as CNN and Bloomberg.

RT's website has become Russia’s most popular English language internet news service, with the number of hits surpassing that of a number of established Russian resources combined, like Themoscowtimes.com, Interfax.com, RBCnews.com and Kommersant.com.

Millions in New York’s Times Square saw our live broadcast of 2008 New Year celebrations in Moscow and St. Petersburg. In August 2007, RT was the first channel in television history to report live from the North Pole.

We’re available around the world on cable, satellite and online. RT is the first Russian TV channel to hit the web with its own page on YouTube and blogs on services such as Facebook, MySpace and Blogger.

During the South Ossetian conflict alone, our YouTube viewership rose to 1,330,803 and our number of viewers off line surpassed those of such international broadcasting companies as BBC World News, Euronews and France 24, being second only to that of Al Jazeera English.

RT is a public broadcaster. Our dedicated team of news professionals unites young talent and household names in the world of broadcast journalism.

We're here to bring you another story.

Such positive news here and thanks for all the great info you brought to this thread as well. I think I am going to turn off all the negative news in the USA, stop reading the newspapers, and just hang out on this "thread" for a while. This whole thread has been just an amazing natural high.

Thanks, Jim

•••
Excellent sale there John, congrats on lasting through the long negotiation process & the final sale price! :)

•••
Well done John & all you tv-ers in general!

Number 2 was a cc-TLD as well... every week it gets clearer (to me anyway) that com has had its day and the growth is in the 'alternate' extensions. But this is a big day for .TV. I think I'll start looking a bit harder at this extension...

•••
Congratulations John!! What great news all around. Exciting buzz. Credit to your excellent negotiating skills – inspiration for us all.

This has become the TV feel good story of the year, and a nice respite from the toxic economic misery news flooding the media. And hopefully the start of more good things for the extension. Russia Today is major league – broadcasting via multiple channels globally. Excellent exposure.

I have been away from the boards for a long time, but hearing this story, I couldn’t resist a check to see if there was a thread about this. What a pleasure to read through this one!

And the good news doesn’t stop. DNJournals weekly sales report just out …..

TOP of the BIG BOARD for RT.TV http://dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

Nice additional write up on .TV by Ron. Very cool.

I’m sure this DNJournal story deserves its own thread. John, Congrats again and wishes for more future success.

PS - as an aside, I’ve have begun to see a rush of inquiries on several (6+) of my .tv names in the past few weeks – more than the previous year combined. Many coming via direct emails from end users. Still in discussions but there is genuine interest.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back