IT.COM

.tv RT.tv sold for $62,500.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
After long negotiations I sold rt.tv to Russia Today. The funds actually came from the Russian financial department as this company is state owned. The agreement was signed by no less then 10 people and covered 5 pages, although there was no NDA.

The strange thing was that they didn't want any escrow as according to them that was not allowed by Russian law, so they transfered the funds straight in my account before I transfered the name.

I emailed dnjournal as this can give some extra attention to .tv.

The price I negotiated was $62,500, although I have the feeling it could have been higher if Russia Today was a private company and not state owned.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
big congrats!

believing in the extention and getting a payday...stellar

•••
John, congrats! More evidence that .TV is widely understood around the world. A unique extension.

•••
Funny thing is this is not John's biggest .tv sale. I know it was an NDA but I would bet ME.tv sold for more than $62,500.

•••
Carlton said:
More evidence that .TV is widely understood around the world. A unique extension.

Very true, didn't even think about that!

•••
congrats john. great roi.

•••
Well done, John!!!!!

Lots of back and forth on this paid off... that they started at 2k and resolved at 62.5k just goes to show the power of a great name. :tu:

•••
I just looked at John's portfolio: Fly.tv, mexico.tv, italy.tv. Incredible names. Fly.com just sold for $1,760,000.

There is so much value in these premium .TV names. Sounds like me.tv and rt.tv are the first chapter in a series of good stories yet to come.

•••
John strikes again!!!! :D
Congrats friend.

•••
•••
and MANY, MANY, MANY MORE .TV NAMES JUST LIKE THOSE AND QUAILTY. names not many people know about either.

john is probably the number 1 person active on the boards here and his .tv collection.

amazing portfolio he has and you need to give him the respect in his great calls and holding out on names :great:

Carlton said:
I just looked at John's portfolio: Fly.tv, mexico.tv, italy.tv. Incredible names. Fly.com just sold for $1,760,000.

There is so much value in these premium .TV names. Sounds like me.tv and rt.tv are the first chapter in a series of good stories yet to come.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats, very good sale

•••
Way to go John!!! This is another one of many big .tv deals coming this year...

•••
mckennaronnie said:
I my join in & have a wee dram in honour of John's sale (any excuse for a wee drink in Scotland!)

Great to see how Russia values .tv :)

I'll join you in that wee dram! I have a bottle of 16yo just for such occasions.

•••
i am now having some rodney strong red wine.. one of my old favorites and off work tonight.. should be feeling pretty good, been awhile since i had a cocktail, lol..

cheers to the .tv crowd and to john! 2 letter .tv sale beats a 2letter.com sale today lol.. go .tv !! many more to come

j

•••
Congratulations John! - a true gentleman, businessman - I respect you immensely!

•••
Fan-tas-tic !
Clap clap clap

(and thank you very much to tell us this sale)

•••
John,

Congratulations! That is superb, superb work

Antonis

•••
L@@K said:
Fan-tas-tic !
Clap clap clap

(and thank you very much to tell us this sale)

I know your expecially happy ;)

•••
Lol, yes I have to admit I 've got a big smile on my face ,o)

•••
Congrats!

Did they contact you or the other way around??

•••
taktikz said:
Congrats!

Did they contact you or the other way around??

They contacted him through email.

•••
•••
JohnTV my hat goes off to you, great job!!!

•••
jeffoverman said:
i am now having some rodney strong red wine.. one of my old favorites and off work tonight.. should be feeling pretty good, been awhile since i had a cocktail, lol..

cheers to the .tv crowd and to john! 2 letter .tv sale beats a 2letter.com sale today lol.. go .tv !! many more to come

j

Just got back from the bar with some old college friends. I keep telling everybody that "we" sold a .tv for $62,500 today even though it's not exactly "we" but it sure feels like it. It's like we are all on the same team and celebrate the success of others which is why I live this .tv forum so much.

I guess my friends decided to run up the tab on me:). What the hell, what's another $200 bar tab when our .tv's will sell for big $$$$ in the years to come.

I better get off this computer quick because domaining while drunk can be very very dangerous:)

•••
Congrtas to John, rt.tv is a great domain and price was well worth it.
This sale as it seems made lots of people here to renew trust on .tv domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back