IT.COM

.tv RT.tv sold for $62,500.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
After long negotiations I sold rt.tv to Russia Today. The funds actually came from the Russian financial department as this company is state owned. The agreement was signed by no less then 10 people and covered 5 pages, although there was no NDA.

The strange thing was that they didn't want any escrow as according to them that was not allowed by Russian law, so they transfered the funds straight in my account before I transfered the name.

I emailed dnjournal as this can give some extra attention to .tv.

The price I negotiated was $62,500, although I have the feeling it could have been higher if Russia Today was a private company and not state owned.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats John. Fantastic sale.

The golden .tv era has arrived! :)

BTW, what's the renewal fee?

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations, John! Wonderful sale! :tu:

•••
Well Done John,

So did you contact them or was it the other way around?

Good Luck for future sales!

Regards,

Robbie

•••
This is what I'm talking about! .TV rules :)

Congrats John! :)

•••
Wow, congratulations - a most intriguing sale. You're a domain oligarch now!

•••
.tv said:
BTW, what's the renewal fee?
The renewal was only $125, I mentioned that to them and explained that it was relatively low, although they never replied to that as if they didn't care.

robfer said:
So did you contact them or was it the other way around?
They contacted me by email, all negotiations where done by email as well. We also talked shortly by phone a few times, but that was only in the end when there were a few things needed to be changed in the agreement.

•••
I knew that was one of the $125 LL.tv, the day we had the AuctionSite.tv auction. That was an unreal day all the LL.tv for $125, and Tea and Cab for $250, that was a great day for you man, Cab.tv $7000 sale now $62,500. Congrats again Man there was a reason I named you first Domainer of the year in 2007. Great job.

•••
•••
ll.tv beating out an ll.com... This is going to be major news as soon as it hits dnjournal.

•••
johntv said:
I just checked and the first contact was in September last year, almost 5 months ago, asking if it was for sale. It took some time before they made a first $2,000 bid and we started from there. It often took 2 or even 3 weeks before they replied, as they are state owned I guess they had to go through some people before making a decision.

What an absolutely professional negotiator.
Hats off to you.

- Vince

•••
edited

Last edited:
•••
AlejandroGarcia said:
Is this true?

And if he didnt make the transfer....they have vays of dealing vith these things... :zzz:

•••
A wonderful sale! Congrats! :)

•••
domainacrobat said:
And if he didnt make the transfer....they have vays of dealing vith these things... :zzz:

Exactly, who would not fullfil a promise to the Russian State >:(

•••
AlejandroGarcia said:
Is this true?

Why are you doubting it isn't?.

I see you also wrote similiar comments at Demene.com, that the true price of the sale will never be known.
You also say that coincindentally he also has a ll.tv at auction.

No one on here has any reason whatsoever to doubt Johns integrity, your comments and snide accusations are unfounded and frankly make you look ridiculous.

•••
John strikes again...

Now, If only you could tell us how much the me.tv sale went to demandmedia for, we could all start a whoopin and a hollerin... ;)

Well done mate, nice to see good things happening to good people

•••
blown away by this remark and thanks in giving everyone the right information about this guy bob..

poor taste and john is one of the most respected .tv domainers here and honest.

why slander someone and you dont have proven evidence on things.. john is not one bit like this. continue to use such slander and one day it will come back on you..

i would strongly suggest that you edit your remarks on this thread, other forums you add written on...imo. also you say your sorry to john personally and for the namepros .tv forum

this is so not cool >:(

AlejandroGarcia said:
Is this true?

Last edited:
•••
Holy Crap! Congrats!

Spend the money wisely! ;) :lol:

•••
AlejandroGarcia said:
Is this true?
Assuming you mean the "escrow not allowed part", maybe it's not true, the agreement was between me and them so maybe they wanted the funds to be transfered exactly as mentioned in the agreement instead of to a third party, but as they transfered the funds before I transfered the name I didn't care.

Badger said:
Now, If only you could tell us how much the me.tv sale went to demandmedia for, we could all start a whoopin and a hollerin... ;)
Hi Ian, I wish I could ;) although this was unfortunetly under NDA.

•••
Great news for .tv :)
Nice job.

•••
wow nice .... congrats!!!

•••
John

This is the first time in a LONG time that we have had a constant run of people on a thread (averaging at least 20 people at any one moment for the past four hours).

And it's not some rant about a sinking island from flip-floppers or those with vested interests...

...it's a positive story and concrete proof of a dream come true - a dream that most of us here have held for a long long time.

John. You deserve this moment in the Sun - and long may you enjoy many more moments like it. You had the belief, made the commitment, and worked your butt - never faltering along the route.

You didn't get here by luck - but by being intelligent - and applying that knowledge.

You've certainly brought the 'interest' back to .TV

- and if Queen Beatrix gives out awards for leadership - she should have your name on her list!

•••
What made you stop at $62,500? ;)

•••
Congrats John, Nice Sale!

•••
Congrats, very good sale.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back