Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehugbo

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Please I need your appraisals for the premium domain hack Roofi.ng
I'm looking to do a private sale in less than 48hrs and I need to get the best amount for it.

Roofing.com is valued at $789,000 on Estibot

Here's a list of similar sales http://dnpric.es/?q=Roofing

I'd really appreciate your feedback. Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Based on namebio history there only 4 sales for .ng .
Might be risk for you.

I thought roof.ng is more better.

•••
No a bad hack, but its not worth more than low xxx

What are the renewals on Nigerians domains and what the restrictions when it comes to owning or transferring them?

Another thing, never use Estibot to appraise names, its like picking a number out of a hat

•••
You should be able to quick sale a low-mid $xxx, the lesser known extension lets it down.

.ing TLD is on its way and will be preferred to .ng hacks when ending with 'ing'

•••
Based on namebio history there only 4 sales for .ng .
Might be risk for you.

I thought roof.ng is more better.

.ng is a fairly new extension that only became a bit popular lately. From my research, most premium .ng names and hacks have been registered by NiRA registrars and NiRA itself. Some other good names have been taken by individuals and businesses who bought them for personal use and not to resell. So if those who secured those premium names don't put them up for sale, there won't be any or much .ng sales records available to the public.
Google bought Google.ng and Googli.ng
Yahoo bought Yahoo.ng
Twitter bought Twitter.ng
Bing bought Bi.ng
And so on.. And from records I think the names were all secured by MarkMonitor.com

The reason I didn't go for Roof.ng was because I felt it will limit what/where the name can be used for. Roof.ng (Roof Nigeria) may only appeal to business in Nigeria. But Roofi.ng is brandable IMO. Without the dot it's 'Roofing' and just any Roofing company/business anywhere in the world can use it.

•••
No a bad hack, but its not worth more than low xxx

What are the renewals on Nigerians domains and what the restrictions when it comes to owning or transferring them?

Another thing, never use Estibot to appraise names, its like picking a number out of a hat

Renewals cost about $75 and there are no restrictions known to me about owing or transferring them. I already did some research

•••
Domain hacks are really hard to sell though, that is the issue with this name

Nigeria also has a reputation for scammers which is not a good thing when it comes to selling it

Yahoo, twitter and Google only registered those for brand protection, just like they own nearly every other extension with their names

$75 a year...personally, I would let the name go

•••
@gilescoley The Nigerian scam has nothing to do with this. That was uncalled for. The big guys wouldn't have taken the .ng of their names not even for brand protection because no one would want to associate their business with negative names, if your point is valid. But I understand where you're coming from

•••
I think this will be very hard to sell for anything more than $100. Almost all of the comps you presented are .com or .net, and people just don't want to own .ng domains. Think of how many thousands of domain hacks could be used with this extension, yet it has only 4 recorded sales.

•••
I think this will be very hard to sell for anything more than $100. Almost all of the comps you presented are .com or .net, and people just don't want to own .ng domains. Think of how many thousands of domain hacks could be used with this extension, yet it has only 4 recorded sales.

Scary. Another negative comment. Hmm.. I'll just wait and see. With the kind of feedback I'm getting here, if I get an offer anywhere between $200 - $500 I may be tempted to let the name go. But then, something still tells me the name worth more.

•••
We fall in love with our names, thats what's telling you its worth more.
Travel.Agency one of the best hack's there is barely hit 10k
say roofi dot ng :xf.rolleyes:
Thats what they will have to tell their customers.
I can come up with a list of .com that would fit a roofi.ng company for my area

Roofi roofi your the man, it you can fix it no one can Roofi.ng
$75 a year, the bubble just popped
Value 69.95 canadian dollars

If you get $300, sell it asap and buy a .com

•••
@Ehugbo I like domain hacks also and suggest you visit and read the main Hack Thread - it's 3K posts, so it should keep you busy : smile :
https://www.namepros.com/threads/value-of-domain-hacks.299608/

Sadly, I agree that the extension matters, not only for NG, you have no idea what buyers will think of ANY ccTLD. Like LY, those silly Libyans shot Doc Brown for goodness sake! Great extension for hacks though

Renewal Fee is also a factor, you will see the general public thinks all domains should cost US$10 a year. I would keep a close watch on the release of .ING as @doubleU mentioned, so don't hold too long

If you were to actively outbound market, I think you could sell it - I hadn't thought of the drug angle roofi, that could hurt you or help you depending on who you target! Good Luck!

•••
As others have mentioned, domain hacks don't hold much value. I doubt you'll recoup your initial investment. Though, anything is possible.

•••
@gilescoley The Nigerian scam has nothing to do with this. That was uncalled for. The big guys wouldn't have taken the .ng of their names not even for brand protection because no one would want to associate their business with negative names, if your point is valid. But I understand where you're coming from

Unfortunately, it has nothing to with Nigerian people in general, I have quite a few Nigerian friends as I was born in Africa and lived there until I was 36 so its not a race thing at all. Its just a known that a lot of scams originate from Nigeria, its a fact I'm afraid and the sad thing it it does give the country a bad name, which is unfortunate for all the hardworking, honest Nigerians out there.

The would own the name for brand protection (they own most extensions if you check) even with a Nigerian extension, the same with names like Google.co.tz (Tanzania) and Google.co.ke (Kenya)..its just the Google brand they want to protect, thats all

Anyway, good luck with the name and if you get any offers, I would certainly sell it

•••
As others have mentioned, domain hacks don't hold much value. I doubt you'll recoup your initial investment. Though, anything is possible.

You doubt I'll get even $75 for the name? Now that's funny. Thanks for your input anyway

•••
You doubt I'll get even $75 for the name? Now that's funny. Thanks for your input anyway

I'm funny? You put a 6-figure Estibot appraisal next to a domain hack. That's hysterical.

•••
•••
.ng is a fairly new extension that only became a bit popular lately. From my research, most premium .ng names and hacks have been registered by NiRA registrars and NiRA itself. Some other good names have been taken by individuals and businesses who bought them for personal use and not to resell. So if those who secured those premium names don't put them up for sale, there won't be any or much .ng sales records available to the public.
Google bought Google.ng and Googli.ng
Yahoo bought Yahoo.ng
Twitter bought Twitter.ng
Bing bought Bi.ng
And so on.. And from records I think the names were all secured by MarkMonitor.com

The reason I didn't go for Roof.ng was because I felt it will limit what/where the name can be used for. Roof.ng (Roof Nigeria) may only appeal to business in Nigeria. But Roofi.ng is brandable IMO. Without the dot it's 'Roofing' and just any Roofing company/business anywhere in the world can use it.
Do you think .ng would thrive in aftermarket?

•••
•••
You need to joint the smartweed.club
.lol

•••
•••
Sorry but why are domain hacks good? They're disjointed and hard to communicate.

A little bit of me dies every time I see a $xxxx sale for a hack.

And travel.agency is a span the dot name not a hack.

•••
•••
Sorry but need to sell this in 48 hrs = either email campaign to endusers or unload or your fellow domainers. Selling to other domainers for a small profit might be the only 48 hour plan.

Whether you want to accept it or not it being a Nigerian domain is a problem. (i'll leave that argument for other threads on NP) Do you plan on not telling people they are buying a Nigerian cc domain?

You cant compare it to a list of whole word dot coms. And da bot? Yeah right.

Seems even spot on hack lottery domains tap out at $5k (and these sales are almost always from the waiting game)

But your problem is it's industry!:

Think about the enduser here. It's practically 100% getting people to contact them. Building owners contacting the roofer. The last thing the roofer needs is a name people cant remember how to type it in.

And roofing is 100% localized. Even if you found the 1/1000 people that was ok with having their business site on a NG domain. They would rather have the Nigerian domain of their city + Roofi.ng DallasRoofi.ng Which they could probably hand reg.

And lastly ask yourself how much money you are into this, and how easyly you got into it. Good Luck

•••
Nigeria is a beautiful country. Every country has good and bad people. I don't think anybody in this thread is putting down any country.
I'll suggest you try to sell it around $200 and make some profit and never look back. If you hang on to this domain for even two years ==> $150 you are in the red :) Hope you are going to realistic my friend :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back