Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehugbo

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Please I need your appraisals for the premium domain hack Roofi.ng
I'm looking to do a private sale in less than 48hrs and I need to get the best amount for it.

Roofing.com is valued at $789,000 on Estibot

Here's a list of similar sales http://dnpric.es/?q=Roofing

I'd really appreciate your feedback. Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
@johname Thanks for your input. But then.. Like you said, it depends on the end user and what they want to do with the name. Roofing you say is 100% localized, so what about running a directory of roofing contractors worldwide, a roofing resource or Wiki kinda website, roofing news/guide blog? And you say people won't be able to remember how to type in Roofi.ng ? Hmm.

•••
a) When you use words like: directory, resource, Wiki. That's the bottom of the enduser barrel.

b) Yes putting the dot between the I and the N is confusing.

If this was Gam.es awesome. But this is guys standing on a roof nailing shingles.

Good Luck

•••
Unfortunately the end-user market for this domain has barely caught on to the value of .COM domains. Hacks are another world entirely.

You won't make an end-user sale for this domain, so that leaves only wholesale. Even then you would need to find somebody interested in developing a lead-gen website, as most domainers would not see a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow.

•••
All sold on Sedo
@Domain Galleria

loopi.ng 2,478 USD 2016-03-04
mail.ng 1,000 USD 2015-05-26
belo.ng 4,650 USD 2015-04-22
tickets.ng 4,092 USD 2013-07-24
epharmacy.com.ng 2,280 USD 2015-11-13
insurance.com.ng 7,000 USD 2015-01-14
print.com.ng 1,048 USD 2013-03-06
pharmacy.com.ng 1,048 USD 2013-03-06
software.com.ng 1,675 USD 2013-02-20
photos.com.ng 1,675 USD 2013-02-20
book.com.ng 1,000 USD 2013-02-18
diet.com.ng 2,312 USD 2013-02-13
soccer.com.ng 1,738 USD 2013-02-13
software.com.ng 1,685 USD 2013-01-30
email.com.ng 1,000 USD 2012-11-23
pizza.com.ng 2,745 USD 2012-05-30

•••
@johname Thanks for your input. But then.. Like you said, it depends on the end user and what they want to do with the name. Roofing you say is 100% localized, so what about running a directory of roofing contractors worldwide, a roofing resource or Wiki kinda website, roofing news/guide blog? And you say people won't be able to remember how to type in Roofi.ng ? Hmm.
Angie's List, Home Advisor, Yellow Pages, Google, etc. You're better off looking up populated cities/towns and roofing companies in those places, buying (city)roofing.com and trying to make an outbound sale. I believe there are a few threads on NP regarding that type of domaining all together.

No one is saying definitively that you can't sell your name, but it will be definitely be hard. You will save yourself time and money sticking to .com, until (hopefully) the day nTLDs and ccTLD comps are common place rather than outliers. Best of luck.

•••
@JRayers I won't make an end-user sale for this domain? You can't be too sure. And the fact most domainers on here don't value this domain doesn't make it worthless.

•••
Most, haha start a poll of the value
If your such a believer, renew it for another year. Google likes that ;)
And after you renew, build it out.
I use phplinkdirectory (.com of course)
Its a lot of work to build a directory, maybe you could list it on flippa as an established website.
Hey for a few bucks more, you could have front page exposure.
Not that you need it

•••
•••
a) When you use words like: directory, resource, Wiki. That's the bottom of the enduser barrel.

b) Yes putting the dot between the I and the N is confusing.

If this was Gam.es awesome. But this is guys standing on a roof nailing shingles.

Good Luck
John; you silly too :)

•••
•••
Nigeria is a beautiful country. Every country has good and bad people. I don't think anybody in this thread is putting down any country.
I'll suggest you try to sell it around $200 and make some profit and never look back. If you hang on to this domain for even two years ==> $150 you are in the red :) Hope you are going to realistic my friend :)
Soft, he is not being realistic. If he did, he wouldn't put that amount there. He is just having fun. This kind of name configuration is not common; and it's just starting to be popular. So it's natural for us to react this way and that way; being amazed is being cool.. :)

•••
@JRayers I won't make an end-user sale for this domain? You can't be too sure. And the fact most domainers on here don't value this domain doesn't make it worthless.
Selling names is awfully difficult even in .com.

You will find reported sales in almost any TLD. That doesn't mean there is a market. There are flukes.
The odds of winning the lottery are higher than selling this domain for a big sum.
Think about it, a domain name that is unregistered in 2016 means nobody would touch it for regfee.

Also, ccTLDs (here .ng) are specialized markets.
Sales of domain hacks are not very common. If nobody wants this name, then it has no value.
Where are your buyers ?

•••
Please I need your appraisals for the premium domain hack Roofi.ng
I'm looking to do a private sale in less than 48hrs and I need to get the best amount for it.

Roofing.com is valued at $789,000 on Estibot

Here's a list of similar sales http://dnpric.es/?q=Roofing

I'd really appreciate your feedback. Thank you

Dear I have some io domains, and value in com is aroud 1M. but here people rated those in very low end. so some times comparing com prices with other extension doesnt work at all.
But yes it is a hack, try to catch the user who is using com and some end users, he might be interested and of course you will get good $$$..
Good Luck

•••
Dear I have some io domains, and value in com is aroud 1M. but here people rated those in very low end. so some times comparing com prices with other extension doesnt work at all.
But yes it is a hack, try to catch the user who is using com and some end users, he might be interested and of course you will get good $$$..
Good Luck

Thanks mate. I've learned a lot the past few days and I'm glad some mistakes won't be repeated in the future. I'll sell the name, although I won't be getting a good amount for it but I just have to move one. Domaining is fun and I don't plan on quitting anytime soon. Funny how I can't even get an offer of $100 for a name which I thought would sell for at least $1k. Such an unpredictable market.. Smh

•••
Thanks mate. I've learned a lot the past few days and I'm glad some mistakes won't be repeated in the future. I'll sell the name, although I won't be getting a good amount for it but I just have to move one. Domaining is fun and I don't plan on quitting anytime soon. Funny how I can't even get an offer of $100 for a name which I thought would sell for at least $1k. Such an unpredictable market.. Smh

This Market is like this, just about a week ago I sold on @ 200, and I was expecting only around 50 to 60, and some time I expect more than 500 or 1k, and I get 200 to 300.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back