NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As a foreigner I've always been interested in American politics because it affects the rest of the world. I've always looked up to American's strong belief in freedom but in the last 10-15 years I notice that the American Mainstream Media (MSM) have taken control of the majority of the population's minds and have decided who should win the candidacy both for the Democrats and Republicans.

And this brainwashing seems to get worse all the time. Three years ago the MSM decided that Obama should be the winner and so they where very biased against Hilary Clinton. Result; The media and Obama won.

Now with the Republican nomination the Media is even worse as they seem to have already chosen Mitt Romney to win. What really amazes me is how the Media has totally ignored Ron Paul who appears to be the 2nd most popular candidate, despite the fact that he is being ignored. Just imagine if they (MSM) were to talk about him; He'd probably be the front runner.

Could this (ignoring Ron Paul) be due to to the fact that the MSM is controlled by Jews and they don't like the fact that Ron Paul has said the he would stop Foreign aid to Israel and the rest of the world. Or are they afraid that Ron Paul has the the best chance of beating Obama, therefore by choosing Romney, Obama will obviously have a better chance to win.

What amazes me is that the media is not even being discreet about ignoring RP. Whatever happened to the unbiased American media that the world so much admired? D-:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Since no one posted a single reason why Ron Paul should get my vote, I went looking for one. What I found was a guy who has a few opinions I agree with, several opinions I thought I might agree with until I checked into them, and a bunch of fundamental beliefs that I disagree with, including, for me personally, a few showstoppers. I'm not condemning him for his opinions and beliefs; I'm just saying I don't agree with the majority of them.

I will gladly list a few of the reasons if you ask, but I'm hesitant to do so now because some of them have to do with the types of beliefs that can't be debated . . . religious beliefs vs. science and stuff like that, and those types of arguments hardly ever end well . . . ever.

•••
Since no one posted a single reason why Ron Paul should get my vote, I went looking for one. What I found was a guy who has a few opinions I agree with, several opinions I thought I might agree with until I checked into them, and a bunch of fundamental beliefs that I disagree with, including, for me personally, a few showstoppers. I'm not condemning him for his opinions and beliefs; I'm just saying I don't agree with the majority of them.

I will gladly list a few of the reasons if you ask, but I'm hesitant to do so now because some of them have to do with the types of beliefs that can't be debated . . . religious beliefs vs. science and stuff like that, and those types of arguments hardly ever end well . . . ever.

Exactly.

Ron Paul on the surface is a great guy and good candidate. Its like buying a great classic antique vehicle on the cheap. You think you got all you ever wanted but when you scratch the surface you find rust, damage, and mismatched parts from years that don't match.

Its hardly surprising that most ron Paul fans are the young internet sound bite, filter bubble, generation.

Better stay away from some of the reasons. Calling him a racist will set the thread on fire again

•••

The reason for you needing to scrape out for information about RP is precisely the reason for this thread. The useless, biased, MSM, that's controlled by Big Corporations and Hollywood are forcing the other candidates (especially Romney) down the people's throats. while ignoring Ron Paul. Not only that, he is still being ripped off by voter fraud and other dirty tricks, which are more likely to be found in places like Zimbabwe.

In fact all of the MSM except for Fox is trying to convince everyone that Obummer is the perfect candidate that can do no wrong, giving us the impression that only Obama had the balls to get Bin Laden. Obama should praise the Navy Seals and other forces that made all of it possible. If he had an ounce of dignity he would never go around bragging that it was thanks to him that Bin Laden is dead. Just for that he deserves to get kicked out of the White House.

Go ahead and list your reasons why you don't like him. No one's gonna get upset. At least in this thread Ron Paul is not being ignored.

I believe that Ron Paul's Foreign Policy is light years ahead of all the others which are basically the same. And because of his Foreign Policy the US would save trillions of $ by reducing the costs with the military and putting that money to better use. This Policy would result in an extremely important change that's hardly mentioned (which lots of people don't give a shit about) which is that the US would automatically have a lot less enemies and many more friends around the world.

Does the US really need to have a war going on all the time? Have you noticed that since the Korean war the US has been in one war or another on a permanent basis since then.

Don't forget one thing; someday China will stop lending the US more money and force the Americans to pay back the debt you owe them. What will you do then? Say no and go to war with the Chinese?

Hell if you can't beat the Talibans in a conventional war, how on earth are you going to beat the Chinese?

The problem with Ron Paul is he has Big Corporations against him, Wall Street against him, MSM against him, because he has said he would stop giving foreign aid to Israel (as well as the rest of the world) This fact made a lot of the MSM (controlled by Jews) very nervous and as a result they were given orders to ignore him.

BTW I love Israel and its people, which I consider the smartest and amongst the nicest in the world.

Just finished reading some good news about CNN. Their April ratings dropped again. B-)

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/05/01/CNN-Tanks-Ten-Year-Low

John King, who hosted some GOP debates and so blatantly ignored Ron Paul got hit the hardest with a drop of 41%. :tu: The other idiot Piers Morgan who keeps on kissing Obama's ass in every show also took a nice hit. :tu:
Larry King where are you? Please come back!!!!

Even Anderson Cooper can't disguise his bias against conservatives and also got clobbered. Same story with Wolf Blitzer.

I'm very happy to see this. :) It shows that a lot of people have seen what these puppets are doing; making and fabricating the news that best suits their bosses.

MSNBC also dropped in ratings. Only FOX went up.

Last edited:
•••

I don't mind if you list them Verbster. I think discussion is good as long as you know how to make your points/arguments without basing them on assumptions of people's knowledge.

Its hardly surprising that most ron Paul fans are the young internet sound bite, filter bubble, generation.

Thanks for calling me young DU. :D

Last edited:
•••
I don't mind if you list them Verbster. I think discussion is good as long as you know how to make your points/arguments without basing them on assumptions of people's knowledge.

I guess i am young as well FF lol . All this time i thought was an old feller lol

•••
I guess i am young as well FF lol . All this time i thought was an old feller lol

The problem with generalizations is that they are always wrong ;)

I think that you are young FF.... relative to Ron Paul, anyhow!

•••
The problem with generalizations is that they are always wrong ;)

I think that you are young FF.... relative to Ron Paul, anyhow!
I'm also an old...I mean young... or should I say an old youngster who's a Ron Paul fan and I approve his message

•••
Not trying to argue the merits of this belief, but it's my understanding that Dr. Paul does not believe in evolution. There are [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JyvkjSKMLw"]several videos[/ame], both edited and unedited, that show him saying: "I think it’s a theory. The theory of evolution. And I don’t accept it as a theory."

Is this true? Yes or No?

•••
My first question is; why does it matter?

Paul has never denied that he is guided by the Christian faith, so as any devout christian, I would imagine that he does reject the theory of evolution on principal. He did throw the caveat in at the end to temper his statement by saying that neither side has definitive proof beyond all doubt. That's the funny thing about theories and belief systems; hard to prove beyond doubt.

The theory of gravity has changed recently as scientists discover there are different levels of gravitational energy and that gravity isn't the same constant force that the original theory expoused. Theories are just that until they are proved beyond all scientific doubt. Evolution is no different, much like religion and faith.

Being an Atheist I happen to be a big fan of the theory of evolution, unlike Dr. Paul, but I wouldn't hold it against him if I could vote.

The reason I happen to like him is his economic policy and his foreign policy as well as his views on reducing governement intervention in a free market environment by expousing less government instead of more.

What specifically is your concern with his personal belief on this matter?

Last edited:
•••
•••
I'm going to quote myself from a couple of weeks ago:

No one made much mention of this particular comment, probably because I'm not from there so I couldn't possibly know wft I am talking about (one member in particular). This race isn't over folks, not by a long shot.

Anyway, should be a good watch for you Paul fans.

http://www.fox19.com/story/18133202...lican-bound-delegates-may-not-be-bound-at-all

I agree with you about it not being over, but the problem is that the more RP gets ignored by the MSM the less chance he has of getting elected. (hope I'm wrong)

One thing is for sure; the US Elections to choose their Party Candidates and afterwards their President is pretty confusing and complex for an outsider like myself, much like the US tax code which is 5296 pages long. No wonder companies like GE haven't paid corporate taxes for several years (especially in the last 3 years of Obama administration) and yet they made billions in profit. :-/

•••
I agree with you about it not being over, but the problem is that the more RP gets ignored by the MSM the less chance he has of getting elected. (hope I'm wrong)

It's not about being elected it's about influencing the platform. Ron Paul has no hope of being the Republican nominee. None. Zero. Zippo. Zilch.

He does however have a great hope of influencing some of the platform. What I think is happening is that Ron Paul is exploiting the system and is looking to barter his sit-down and silence for an appropriate running mate for Mitt. Rand? Perhaps?

Politics - no one does it right - it's all about blackmail at then end of the day. Ron Paul might be a nice smart, white, good for the middle class candidate - but he's still just as manipulative of the system as everyone else.

He's not special.

•••
RP feels younger than me... no one would say is getting close to 80.

he has great ideas, some of them probably too naive. like thinking the markets completely free and independent would stabilized things and lead to a better world. humanity would need to reborn for that thing to happen. in that case no much different from the communist ideals.

the problem as I, as a foreigner, see it is that he is too much of an extremist for the majority of the voters, media, analysts, whatever. it would take an extreme situation to lead people to give attention to these ideas. maybe it's that what's happening in Europe with people moving their votes to extreme left and right wings.

regards,
tonecas

•••
the problem as I, as a foreigner, see it is that he is too much of an extremist for the majority of the voters, media, analysts, whatever. it would take an extreme situation to lead people to give attention to these ideas. maybe it's that what's happening in Europe with people moving their votes to extreme left and right wings.

regards,
tonecas
The main reason voters in Europe are moving to the extreme right or left is because the Media here in Europe, generally speaking is proudly independent and doesn't go around licking the parties asses like the MSM does in the US. The European Media today is like what the US media was 25-40 years ago. I just pray they don't copy the Americans.

Here's an interesting report I read today of what I'm talking about:

British Media Provides Better Obama Coverage Than American MSM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journa...sh-media-does-job-us-journalists-refuse-to-do

•••
The main reason voters in Europe are moving to the extreme right or left is because the Media here in Europe

Uh, the extreme right here in America is the Christian Right/Fundamentalists. Personally, that's the thing we should get away from, the extremes. So not a very good point on your part.

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, with examples, the MSM goes in on everybody, looks under every rock. It's good for ratings. To say the MSM here goes around licking their ass, is silly. You obviously didn't watch the last election and what they did with Obama, Palin etc. So you're wrong there as well.

Ok, what you linked too. Your sources know the people that read them are lazy.

Obama eating dog as a child, first off, who cares? What does that have to do with the economy, foreign policy, anything? Nothing, but let's play.

Oh look, MSM coverage of that:

CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/23/opinion/frum-obama-romney-dog/index.html

ABC News
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_...ars-gop-hits-obama-for-eating-dog-as-a-child/

MSNBC Video - oh look a 2 for 1, dog eating and secret Service prostitution scandal, which I heard about from the MSM

Huffington Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/30/obama-ate-dog-seamus-romney_n_1464749.html

Same with the obama "composite" girlfriend.

So
a. those aren't real issues
b. it gets covered by MSM as I demonstrated, yet again

It's just like the offer I made earlier in this thread (which nobody took me up on) Tell me something you think the MSM media doesn't cover and I'll go show you where they do.

Last edited:
•••
The main reason voters in Europe are moving to the extreme right or left is because the Media here in Europe

Uh, the extreme right here in America is the Christian Right/Fundamentalists. Personally, that's the thing we should get away from, the extremes. So not a very good point on your part.

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, with examples, the MSM goes in on everybody, looks under every rock. It's good for ratings. To say the MSM here goes around licking their ass, makes you look ignorant and silly. You obviously didn't watch the last election and what they did with Obama, Palin etc. So you're wrong there as well.

Ok, what you linked too. Your sources know the people that read them are lazy.

Obama eating dog as a child, first off, who cares? What does that have to do with the economy, foreign policy, anything? Nothing, but let's play.

Oh look, MSM coverage of that:

CNN

ABC News
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_...ars-gop-hits-obama-for-eating-dog-as-a-child/

MSNBC Video - oh look a 2 for 1, dog eating and secret Service prostitution scandal, which I heard about from the MSM

Huffington Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/30/obama-ate-dog-seamus-romney_n_1464749.html

Same with the obama "composite" girlfriend.

So
a. those aren't real issues
b. it gets covered by MSM as I demonstrated, yet again

It's just like the offer I made earlier in this thread (which nobody took me up on) Tell me something you think the MSM media doesn't cover and I'll go show you where they do. It's very easy to take apart this kind of nonsense from the tin foil hat wearing crew.
I didn't bother to see those links because quite frankly I don't give a shit what Obama ate when he was a kid. Most countries in Asia eat dog, so that's not a surprise to me. As for his girlfriend, yes I did read the headline yesterday and saw a picture of some white girl, but have absolutely no interest in reading any more about that subject. That crap is only important to the MSM, who should be talking a lot more about the really important issues, like the economy, jobs, the real unemployment rates, the Wall Street crooks, jobs getting outsourced to Asia, Big Pharma ripp-offs, Oil speculators who are the main cause of high gas prices, or the never ending wars, etc.

So what does the MSM (especially the liberal one) talk about? Obama eats dog meat, Obama's first girlfriend, Trayvon Martin, the non-existent "War on Women", Gay Marriage which Obama opposes, but the Liberal media only blasts the conservatives for opposing it. So much hypocrisy.

You JB Lions still don't seem to, or want to understand what I'm trying to say. You have become too brainwashed by the MSM to understand.

You tell me what they did with Obama in the last elections. I remember very well what the media did. They shoved Obama down people's throats because it was the politically correct thing to do and they did everything to make sure he was elected in detriment to a better candidate: Hillary Clinton. As for Palin, you may not want to remember but the Media absolutely crucified her. Yes she was not knowledgeable on many subjects, but she was treated much worse that the dogs Obama ate in Indonesia.

They even had a CNN reporter go to the most western point in Alaska to see if they could see Russia from there (they could). But when Obama said the US had 55 states (after thinking a few seconds before answering) the Liberal media thought it was just a little lapse in memory. Even I, a foreigner know how many states "the States" has. If Palin had given that answer she would have been doubly (is there such a word?) crucified.

Yes I remember the super biased MSM very well

Things like the Obama's association with Rev. Wright, a nasty man who hates whites and hates America, Obama's association with ACORN, deeply involved in voter fraud, helping him win, or Michelle Obama saying that for the first time in her life she felt proud to be an American (after he became President) or just last week Obama bragging about getting Bin Laden :lol: instead of praising the real people with real balls who did the dirty work.

Just imagine if that had happened to Palin, she would have been water-boarded and crucified and then thrown into a snake pit at the same time. Yes Obama is very lucky that he has the Liberal Media licking his ass all the time. (except for FOX )

How about Ann Romney getting clobbered for using expensive clothing, but Michele Obama can use designer clothes without a whisper.

What about Bill Maher calling Palin a bitch and a c*nt. "No big deal" say the Liberal media; he's only a comedian. But Rush Linbaugh calls some woman a slut and the Liberal media is all over him. What say yee to these double standards?

There are tons of other examples here:
http://markhumphrys.com/media.obama.html#bias.08.election

•••
I didn't bother to see those links because quite frankly I don't give a shit what Obama ate when he was a kid. Most countries in Asia eat dog, so that's not a surprise to me. As for his girlfriend, yes I did read the headline yesterday and saw a picture of some white girl, but have absolutely no interest in reading any more about that subject. That crap is only important to the MSM, who should be talking a lot more about the really important issues, like the economy, jobs, the real unemployment rates, the Wall Street crooks, jobs getting outsourced to Asia, Big Pharma ripp-offs, Oil speculators who are the main cause of high gas prices, or the never ending wars, etc.

You don't give a shit but you link to an article talking about it? Make up your mind, you're flip flopping like Romney.

Yes Obama is very lucky that he has the Liberal Media licking his ass all the time. (except for FOX )

Again, you must have missed last year's election but then you post examples of some of the stuff they went at Obama with. Are 2 different people typing up your posts? Split personality? What's happening?

How about Ann Romney getting clobbered for using expensive clothing, but Michele Obama can use designer clothes without a whisper.

Um, you must have missed the MSM going in on her vacations?

What part of MSM gets at everybody are you not grasping?

Haha, you even contradict yourself in your own post. Saying the MSM kisses Obama's ass then:

"Things like the Obama's association with Rev. Wright, a nasty man who hates whites and hates America, Obama's association with ACORN, deeply involved in voter fraud, helping him win, or Michelle Obama saying that for the first time in her life she felt proud to be an American (after he became President) or just last week Obama bragging about getting Bin Laden instead of praising the real people with real balls who did the dirty work."

"British Media Provides Better Obama Coverage Than American MSM"

"So what does the MSM (especially the liberal one) talk about? Obama eats dog meat, Obama's first girlfriend,"

Again, you just linked to an article about the British media and they're talking about dogs. Contradicted yourself again.

The U.S. media talks about everything. Important stuff and dumb stuff like what people ate when they were 10 years old.

Reread the bold a few times, see if sinks in. And instead of posting random stuff, take me up on my offer. Don't be scared. Tell me something the MSM isn't covering, then in my reply, I'll link to the MSM covering it. We both know you can't. Of course if I did, you would reply the way you did above:

"I didn't bother to see those links"

Because knowledge is evil to Gilsan. Not only do you not bother to "see those links" you don't bother to see the videos you post here either, just read the title right.

Last edited:
•••
The main reason voters in Europe are moving to the extreme right or left is because the Media here in Europe, generally speaking is proudly independent and doesn't go around licking the parties asses like the MSM does in the US.

Moving to extremism is a positive?

•••
licking his ass

I never seen so many ass licking quotes ever lol D-:

Didnt RP win more delegates this weekend than Mitt? Guess that gives him the right to make a convention speech

•••
who should be talking a lot more about the really important issues, like the economy, jobs, the real unemployment rates, the Wall Street crooks, jobs getting outsourced to Asia, Big Pharma ripp-offs, Oil speculators who are the main cause of high gas prices, or the never ending wars, etc.
You're right - but notice the lack of Ron Paul or Obama in this sentence... Until you understand the environment and the way the system works - arguing about who is in charge of it is a waste of time. It's like arguing which drunk driver you want to ride with.

So what does the MSM (especially the liberal one) talk about? Obama eats dog meat, Obama's first girlfriend, Trayvon Martin, the non-existent "War on Women", Gay Marriage which Obama opposes, but the Liberal media only blasts the conservatives for opposing it. So much hypocrisy.
Your view of the media is as biased as the media itself. You just don't seem to realize it.

As for Palin, you may not want to remember but the Media absolutely crucified her. Yes she was not knowledgeable on many subjects...
Domestic Policy, Foreign Policy, Economic Policy being three subjects I can think of.

Don't think that being Alaskan didn't have something to do with it. Alaska has often fronted the notion of independence and they are not a representative American state - I believe her husband was in the independent alaska party.

Not exactly a unifying force.

Things like the Obama's association with Rev. Wright, a nasty man who hates whites and hates America, Obama's association with ACORN, deeply involved in voter fraud, helping him win
These were heavily reported. Perhaps you should do a study on voter fraud without qualifying your searches with ACORN.

I recall a few charges thrown about related to ACORN but mostly "registration" related due to the salary dependent on signings. I don't recall any ballet stuffing charges - I am willing to be corrected here I haven't, admittedly, studied this much.

Michelle Obama saying that for the first time in her life she felt proud to be an American (after he became President)
Pride in one's country is at the root of a significant number of problems. Blind pride, blind faith is tantamount to Jingoism. One can be patriotic and still not be proud about many aspects of its history or current being.

or just last week Obama bragging about getting Bin Laden :lol: instead of praising the real people with real balls who did the dirty work.
I find the whole Bin Laden affair something that no party should be proud of.

Just imagine if that had happened to Palin, she would have been water-boarded and crucified and then thrown into a snake pit at the same time.
I guess under Bush the U.S. decided that these kinds of torture are ok.. so perhaps you are right.

What about Bill Maher calling Palin a bitch and a c*nt. "No big deal" say the Liberal media; he's only a comedian. But Rush Linbaugh calls some woman a slut and the Liberal media is all over him. What say yee to these double standards?
These are totally different contexts. If you really want to discuss these perhaps you should include the context in which each said what.

BOTH parties condemned Rush: Republicans AND Democrats alike.

The real question is (unrelated)...

What happens to Europe now with the change in leadership in France? What will follow?
Interesting times.

Ron Paul wouldn't give a crap, of course :)

Last edited:
•••
"What happens to Europe now with the change in leadership in France? What will follow?"

"Hollande has promised more government spending and higher taxes — including a 75-percent income tax on the rich"

Wow, lol. I remember watching Michael Moore's Capitalism: A Love Story, which was pretty ridiculous and they said that when somebody has a child, the government sends someone to help them, like a nanny, that the government pays for. They must be getting taxed up the yang to pay for that. We have any French domainers here?

•••
My first impression on the election in France is wow, as well. Just seems like common sense has dropped off the face of the earth.

I just wish our collective governments would just pause long enough to give us a breath. Just stop spending money for a few moments. Just stop.

But, when the people, like those in France, vote more spending INTO office....just wow. Maybe they figure the good ole U.S. will bail them out, so they don't have to change their spending habits. I don't know.

•••
The real question is (unrelated)...

What happens to Europe now with the change in leadership in France? What will follow?
Interesting times.

Ron Paul wouldn't give a crap, of course :)
Like JB Lions said, Hollande promised a 75% income tax rate on those earning over 1 million Euros a year, less austerity and more jobs and growth. How he will do this is the big question, since Angela Merkel wants austerity on top of austerity as a solution to the Eurozone crisis.

Hollande made lots of good promises, which will require a Euro printing factory to accomplish. In other words he is advocating more spending which is what got them (and the rest of Europe) in trouble in the first place. Lets see what happens.

The super rich have no problems with this 75% tax rate. They just move to tax havens like Monte Carlo or even the UK where the very rich get taxed less.

Here's a link to Hollande's Policy Program:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/07/us-france-election-programme-idUSBRE84600220120507

Greece is another story The angry Greek voters, so fed up with the same useless politicians and austerity gave the mainstream parties a major kick in the ass in yesterday's elections.

They gave the anti-austerity parties (far left and right) their support, which looked more like a protest vote. Now it's even more confusing how a new government will be formed. Good luck Greece.

•••
Many French voters were fed up with Sarkozy and his ways. Regardless of what people think of Hollande I wouldn't feel comfortable with a candidate like Sarkozy who has campaigned on far right themes.
He and his cronies have manipulated fear and anger to cover up their failures. That didn't work.
IMO the election was more a rejection of Sarkozy than an endorsement of Hollande.

The French debt has risen dramatically under Sarkozy and he's leaving the country's finances in a worse condition than when he took office.
Logical conclusion is that he is not the right man to fix the debt problem. He failed.

Obama also got many votes from citizens who didn't want Palin for President: McCain is not young and in good shape...
Obama will probably get reelected because voters will be scared of the alternatives. Doesn't mean people are truly happy with their 'choice'.

Look at Greece, neonazis are set to enter Parliament. Personally I'm not very optimistic, I think Europe is going to repeat the same mistakes. The current landscape is reminiscent of the 1930s.

•••
IMO the election was more a rejection of Sarkozy than an endorsement of Hollande.

Agreed, and if it wasn't for his arrest in New York, Dominique Strauss-Kahn would be President today, instead of Hollande.

Look at Greece, neonazis are set to enter Parliament. Personally I'm not very optimistic, I think Europe is going to repeat the same mistakes. The current landscape is reminiscent of the 1930s.
That was in my opinion a strong protest vote against the same two corrupt parties that have governed Greece for decades and against all the German imposed austerity.

It's also a sign that a lot of people in Europe are getting very upset with decades of very liberal immigration policies that have allowed millions of illegal immigrants to stay here and creating other problems to Europe.

Because of this, Ultra Right wing parties have gained a lot of votes in France, Holland, Switzerland, Italy, Hungary, Scandinavian countries and others. Politicians should think twice about curbing all the illegal immigration coming into Europe, or they will feel the backlash of the voters.

I'll give an example; I work for myself (Im called an "Independent Worker" here in Portugal), I've paid my all my taxes religiously for over 30 years, yet I (and millions of others) am not eligible for unemployment benefits. Yet an immigrant who has only worked for a couple of years is already eligible for unemployment benefits. That is absolutely infuriating and totally unacceptable.

Lots of immigrants know that Europe gives them a lot of unemployment and health benefits. As a result many take advantage of this and milk the system while people like myself and others are working our butts off to help some of these lazy bums live a great life without working. So the day a political party shows up in Portugal that says NO to this I will vote for them.

Like it or not, that's the way things are and yes its true what you say, that many times we end up voting on the "lesser of two evils".

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back