IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As a foreigner I've always been interested in American politics because it affects the rest of the world. I've always looked up to American's strong belief in freedom but in the last 10-15 years I notice that the American Mainstream Media (MSM) have taken control of the majority of the population's minds and have decided who should win the candidacy both for the Democrats and Republicans.

And this brainwashing seems to get worse all the time. Three years ago the MSM decided that Obama should be the winner and so they where very biased against Hilary Clinton. Result; The media and Obama won.

Now with the Republican nomination the Media is even worse as they seem to have already chosen Mitt Romney to win. What really amazes me is how the Media has totally ignored Ron Paul who appears to be the 2nd most popular candidate, despite the fact that he is being ignored. Just imagine if they (MSM) were to talk about him; He'd probably be the front runner.

Could this (ignoring Ron Paul) be due to to the fact that the MSM is controlled by Jews and they don't like the fact that Ron Paul has said the he would stop Foreign aid to Israel and the rest of the world. Or are they afraid that Ron Paul has the the best chance of beating Obama, therefore by choosing Romney, Obama will obviously have a better chance to win.

What amazes me is that the media is not even being discreet about ignoring RP. Whatever happened to the unbiased American media that the world so much admired? D-:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's also a sign that a lot of people in Europe are getting very upset with decades of very liberal immigration policies that have allowed millions of illegal immigrants to stay here and creating other problems to Europe.

I'll give an example; I work for myself (Im called an "Independent Worker" here in Portugal), I've paid my all my taxes religiously for over 30 years, yet I (and millions of others) am not eligible for unemployment benefits. Yet an immigrant who has only worked for a couple of years is already eligible for unemployment benefits. That is absolutely infuriating and totally unacceptable.

Immigration is not the problem. What you describe are the feeling of an erosion of middle class standards that was created after the war and grew exponentially in the 80s. I wouldn't describe all immigrants as lazy. Some of them work their a$$es off to be paid "fair market" rate of less than living wage (although illegally in most cases) bypassing taxes etc. It's what free market economics will eventually give you anyway... Ron Paul is not going to protect you here at all - sure you won't pay for immigrants but you ain't getting $hit either. Don't be fooled by the MSM - this muslim Nigerian lives in 4 bedroom detached house in Knightsbridge stories... as Morrissey said "England is mine and it owes me a living ..." - that's the real issue. Immigration is a diversionary tactic.

The problem is that immigration is an easy target. Immigrants are part of the problem created by the dissolution of unions, privatization of public interest companies, the increase power of banks to create debt, and the willingness of people to sit and watch it all happen. Globalization was always going to happen - but the awful way in which it has happened you can lay at the feet of corporatism.

You can thank Thatcher, Reagan and all that trickle on cronyism.

The right wing extremism in Greece got 7% of the seats so not a total uprising.

To me I'm surprised at how quickly generations forget what austerity is- take a simple example:

This generation wants one bedroom with bathroom per child for privacy. The last generation wanted one bedroom per child. Before that one bedroom for children. Before that one bed per child. Before that? My grandfather's generation - shared a bed.

I'm looking forward to the French snubbing Europe and seeing what happens. No offense to the Greeks but them snubbing Europe isn't that dramatic - France snubbing Europe? That is meaningful.

I think it will lead to Germany snubbing Europe as well - by snubbing? I mean blatant ignoring of the rules of engagement (rather than just covert... sly bypassing of rules).... if NO ONE can come close to fulfilling the requirements laid our for the ERM requirements..whats the point?

One of the most ignored facts - German growth and recovery occurred in part due to surpluses created by growing PIGS... it's like a loan shark blaming the drug user who borrowed money for a hit for not paying back yet. Austerity is just the same as sending over the heavy boys imho.

The BNP lost all their council seats so there is SOME HOPE left.

Last edited:
•••
That was in my opinion a strong protest vote against the same two corrupt parties that have governed Greece for decades and against all the German imposed austerity.
IMO it shows that voters are stupid and will never learn. Europeans have a particular responsibility since they bred totalitarian regimes such as nazism and communism, Europe also has witnessed a genocide less than 20 years ago.
I never quite understood the logic: sanction 'corrupt' politicians by voting for criminals and extremists - as if things were to improve somehow :laugh:

phr0034l.jpg

When you play with fire, you eventually get burnt. When the far right scores high enough to take power it will be too late to cry.

It's also a sign that a lot of people in Europe are getting very upset with decades of very liberal immigration policies that have allowed millions of illegal immigrants to stay here and creating other problems to Europe.
You mean immigrants are responsible for the debt crisis or threatening your well-being ? :|
The rise of far right parties is more complex than that.
For instance the French front national got many votes in the countryside where there is zero immigration. It has to do with uncertainty, disarray and the sentiment of being left out, justified or not.
Voters have got the regime they deserve.

•••
I have a new online crush :loveyou:

:lol:

•••
•••
Obama will probably get reelected because voters will be scared of the alternatives.

Nah, he now has a record that people can look at; the vast majority of Americans understand that you cannot implement new programs, no matter the significance, if you are 15 trillion dollars in debt.

•••
Immigration is not the problem. What you describe are the feeling of an erosion of middle class standards that was created after the war and grew exponentially in the 80s. I wouldn't describe all immigrants as lazy. Some of them work their a$$es off to be paid "fair market" rate of less than living wage (although illegally in most cases) bypassing taxes etc. It's what free market economics will eventually give you anyway... Ron Paul is not going to protect you here at all - sure you won't pay for immigrants but you ain't getting $hit either. Don't be fooled by the MSM - this muslim Nigerian lives in 4 bedroom detached house in Knightsbridge stories... as Morrissey said "England is mine and it owes me a living ..." - that's the real issue. Immigration is a diversionary tactic.

The problem is that immigration is an easy target. Immigrants are part of the problem created by the dissolution of unions, privatization of public interest companies, the increase power of banks to create debt, and the willingness of people to sit and watch it all happen. Globalization was always going to happen - but the awful way in which it has happened you can lay at the feet of corporatism.

You can thank Thatcher, Reagan and all that trickle on cronyism.

The right wing extremism in Greece got 7% of the seats so not a total uprising.

To me I'm surprised at how quickly generations forget what austerity is- take a simple example:

This generation wants one bedroom with bathroom per child for privacy. The last generation wanted one bedroom per child. Before that one bedroom for children. Before that one bed per child. Before that? My grandfather's generation - shared a bed.

I'm looking forward to the French snubbing Europe and seeing what happens. No offense to the Greeks but them snubbing Europe isn't that dramatic - France snubbing Europe? That is meaningful.

I think it will lead to Germany snubbing Europe as well - by snubbing? I mean blatant ignoring of the rules of engagement (rather than just covert... sly bypassing of rules).... if NO ONE can come close to fulfilling the requirements laid our for the ERM requirements..whats the point?

One of the most ignored facts - German growth and recovery occurred in part due to surpluses created by growing PIGS... it's like a loan shark blaming the drug user who borrowed money for a hit for not paying back yet. Austerity is just the same as sending over the heavy boys imho.

The BNP lost all their council seats so there is SOME HOPE left.
Not sure what you meant by "France snobbing Europe" or the meaning of "ERM requirements". Don't underestimate the Greek problem of a possible default or leaving the Euro, as well as all the social upheavals it would cause.

I know that a lot of immigrants are decent and hard working but he "this muslim Nigerian lives in 4 bedroom detached house in Knightsbridge stories... as Morrissey said "England is mine and it owes me a living ..." is an example of wanting to get to the most tolerant country (too tolerant in my opinion) in Europe as the final destination for millions of immigrants.

Look at the amount of immigrants jumping onto trains to get from France to the UK. They knew that once in the UK they were safe and eligible to all the social benifits the UK had to offer. Even hardened criminals and terrorists were given a safe haven there. The British call it human rights... great, but these radicals don't believe in human rights. At least France and Germany have expelled some of these radical West-hating Imans. Wish the UK would be as intolerant to these radicals as they are to the BNP.

The UK and especially London has become the most important Jihadist hub in Europe, thanks in part to policies like giving political asylum to Muslim dissidents who were likely to be prosecuted if they were sent back to their home countries. I'll bet that wasn't Thatchers idea. This excessive tolerance endangers the rest of Europe as well.

Anyway I think its already too late for anything to change in the UK, because give it another 15 years or so and the English will be a minority in their own country and probably may have to abide by Sharia law.

We already have lots of English living in Portugal and expect lots more in the future, and yes they are welcome here, as they've always been.

That's a great point you bring up and that fact has not been ignored here in Portugal and in Greece as well. We know that many German firms bribed our (and I suppose Greek) politicians into making loans from German Banks to buy German submarines, airplanes, and a lot of other unnecessary items, that only benefited the Germans. So now they have us by the balls, BUT... if we default their banks are left with a hot potato in their hands, that's why they don't want us to default or leave the Euro... just yet. They want their money back with very high interest rates and then they may dump the PIGS.

Here are 2 videos about my favourite Deputy in the European Parliament: NIGEL FARAGE

Nigel Farage talks about Bankers + Politicians + the Euro

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTBbcaNLccM&feature=autoplay&list=FLyrz9haPmKNpnyI1lcbT4vA&playnext=1"]Nigel Farage: Bankers+politicians = 'unholy alliance' vs people - YouTube[/ame]

Nigel Farage mixed with a bit of British sense of humour that I will sorely miss when the Brits become a small minority in their own country.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tivRCQqBFGA&list=FLyrz9haPmKNpnyI1lcbT4vA&index=5&feature=plpp_video"]Eurocrats Carry On Up The Khyber, Determined and Delusional, says Farage - YouTube[/ame]

If you listen to his many speeches in the EU Parliament, you'll see that he was right in everything he said.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

IMO it shows that voters are stupid and will never learn.

I never quite understood the logic: sanction 'corrupt' politicians by voting for criminals and extremists - as if things were to improve somehow :laugh:

So according to your logic you should vote for the same corrupt politicians, otherwise you are branded a "stupid voter" Its called a protest vote and it doesn't necessarily mean you agree with the radical left or right.

The rise of far right parties is more complex than that.
For instance the French front national got many votes in the countryside where there is zero immigration. It has to do with uncertainty, disarray and the sentiment of being left out, justified or not.
Voters have got the regime they deserve.

So do you also think that almost 20% of people who voted on Marine Le Pen are stupid? What about those parties on the left; are they also stupid? Voters also get certain stupid policies shoved down their throats that they don't like, so the next time they vote they will vote for someone else

•••
So according to your logic you should vote for the same corrupt politicians, otherwise you are branded a "stupid voter" Its called a protest vote and it doesn't necessarily mean you agree with the radical left or right.

So do you also think that almost 20% of people who voted on Marine Le Pen are stupid? What about those parties on the left; are they also stupid? Voters also get certain stupid policies shoved down their throats that they don't like, so the next time they vote they will vote for someone else
They are voting against their own interests.
Call that what you want.

The party of Marine Le Pen is fundamentally undemocratic: first of all bear in mind it's actually not a normal party but a family-owned business. The father has ruled for 40 years and managed to keep it in the family. Do your own research to find out what kind of people make up the front national.
Regardless of its openly undemocratic agenda do you expect a party like that would apply democracy to the society when it cannot function democratically ?
Rejecting traditional parties is one thing, rejecting democracy on a whole is a different thing imo, and it's very serious.
I didn't post the cartoon wantonly.

Only solution imo is to vote for moderate candidates, that is not the ones you always see on TV and in prominent positions. For that you may need to do some research, get involved, document yourself. Use your brain. But for some people it's too much to ask.

•••
Wish the UK would be as intolerant to these radicals as they are to the BNP.
What makes you think they aren't? I don't know anyone that supports the BNP or the EDL and I know some borderline racist people.

Note the BNP lost their seats.

We already have lots of English living in Portugal and expect lots more in the future, and yes they are welcome here, as they've always been.
I guess some immigrants are ok then? What is the criteria for welcome?

Christian? Hindu? Sikh? Muslim? Does the color matter? How do you define the immigration that is welcome from the immigration that is not?

Last edited:
•••
What makes you think they aren't? I don't know anyone that supports the BNP or the EDL and I know some borderline racist people.

Note the BNP lost their seats.

The BNP are pretty irrelevant in the UK, but those radical Imans that the UK so graciously gave asylum to are a danger to society.

I guess some immigrants are ok then? What is the criteria for welcome?

Christian? Hindu? Sikh? Muslim? Does the color matter? How do you define the immigration that is welcome from the immigration that is not?
The criteria is very simple. Allow a certain annual quota of qualified immigrants, no matter where they are from, as long as they are law abiding, hard working and contribute positively to their new country. All the rest (except for special cases like religious, political or other persecutions) should be put in the next planes to their countries, with a certain quantity of money to help them get by for several months.

I suppose you will find this very undemocratic, right?

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

They are voting against their own interests.
Call that what you want.

The party of Marine Le Pen is fundamentally undemocratic: first of all bear in mind it's actually not a normal party but a family-owned business. The father has ruled for 40 years and managed to keep it in the family. Do your own research to find out what kind of people make up the front national.
Regardless of its openly undemocratic agenda do you expect a party like that would apply democracy to the society when it cannot function democratically ?
Rejecting traditional parties is one thing, rejecting democracy on a whole is a different thing imo, and it's very serious.
I didn't post the cartoon wantonly.

Only solution imo is to vote for moderate candidates, that is not the ones you always see on TV and in prominent positions. For that you may need to do some research, get involved, document yourself. Use your brain. But for some people it's too much to ask.
So what about George Bush Sr and George W, was that a family owned business as well? or what say yee about the Kennedy's, another undemocratic family run business? What about the 2 mainstream Greek Political parties that were punished in the polling booths yesterday, they were also family run. Why even the good old UK has the Miliband brothers in the Labour Party! D-: Good grief, that's jolly undemocratic, old cock! Wouldn't you say so?

Just look at the timeline of the Greek PASOK Party:

George Papandreou the Greek Prime Minister who resigned 5-6 months ago follows a long family tradition: His grandfather Georgios Papandreou and his father Andreas Papandreou, also served as the country's prime minister. Wow! 3 of them.

The only other political party allowed in Greece till these elections; New Democracy (Greece was like the US with only 2 parties) was started by Konstantinos Karamanlis, followed by his nephew Kostas Karamanlis, also dominated that party.

So can you really blame the Greeks for voting on any party other than the 2 mainstream ones run by the same families for decades? Or are they also stupid and undemocratic for voting for other parties?

So what would Marine Le Pen do if she were to be elected? Kill all the immigrants? Start a 3rd world war? Create a one party state? Tell me what her agenda is since you "use your brain" and know so much about her

•••
Forget American Presidential Debates!, I am now watching Mexico's Presidential Debates, they have a playboy playmate assisting. lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vMO_KuuKys"]Julia Orayen La GRAN GANADORA!!! del debate presidencial mexico 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

•••
The criteria is very simple. Allow a certain annual quota of qualified immigrants, no matter where they are from, as long as they are law abiding, hard working and contribute positively to their new country.
Yeah... everything is so simple :laugh:
That's what extremist parties are all about: they have simple answers to complex problems - if you just give them your voice, they will take care of it (after all they cannot be 'worse' than what we've got right ?).
Like your idea of quotas that doesn't make sense, as if there was some kind of magic number...
Immigrants have always been a convenient scapegoat, especially when they don't have the right to vote to defend themselves. That also means they bear no responsibility for the crap choices of selfish, irresponsible voters who dug themselves into a hole. Remember, voters get the elected crooks they deserve.

•••

It is. When they arrive you ask them: Do you promise to work hard and only do things that are legal?

If they say: si, yes, oiu, or nod you let them in.

If they say no and explain that they are here to setup a terrorist network you kindly ask them to go to the next EU country (like you're not supposed to allow happen but who's checking).

•••
That's what extremist parties are all about: they have simple answers to complex problems - if you just give them your voice, they will take care of it (after all they cannot be 'worse' than what we've got right ?).
Like your idea of quotas that doesn't make sense, as if there was some kind of magic number...
Immigrants have always been a convenient scapegoat, especially when they don't have the right to vote to defend themselves. That also means they bear no responsibility for the crap choices of selfish, irresponsible voters who dug themselves into a hole. Remember, voters get the elected crooks they deserve.

If you go back you will see that I talk about "Illegal Immigrants". So in your opinion countries should just open their borders to every Tom, Dick and Harry that wants to come in and on top of that give the poor creatures all the social benefits and voting rights as well, so they can vote against any party who dares curb ILLEGAL Immigration.

So What would you do then? Open the borders one week for all the Nigerians scammers, then the following week for the Taliban, followed by the Mexican Drug Cartel; gotta let those in 'cause they have lots of "dinero", how about some Neo-Nazis from Greece; after all they are human beings too, oh I almost forgot the Somali War Lords, or better still lets let those Somali Pirates in, that way in just one week the waters of the Red Sea would be free of Pirates. Hell, there are so many others we could help; just give me a day or two and I'll write up a more elaborate list. :kickass:

And you are calling me irresponsible?

Like a typical know-all Liberal you like to twist the facts, just like the Liberal MSM who so masterfully twists facts to suit their agenda. Look how NBC and others edited the 911 tapes to make Zimmerman appear to be a top notch racist pig in the Trayvon Martin case, or how the Liberal Media repeatedly and still continue to do (except on a few occasions) put pictures of Trayvon as a 12 year old when in fact he was 17, and quite frankly not too innocent looking, though I must admit that looks can be very deceiving. What the MSM managed to do was to Stir a Hornet's Nest by stirring up African American's sentiments against whites.

"Remember, voters get the elected crooks they deserve."
:bingo: You are absolutely right on that statement, because as far as I'm concerned 99.99% of ALL Politicians are crooks

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

It is. When they arrive you ask them: Do you promise to work hard and only do things that are legal?

If they say: si, yes, oiu, or nod you let them in.

If they say no and explain that they are here to setup a terrorist network you kindly ask them to go to the next EU country (like you're not supposed to allow happen but who's checking).
Don't you have anything intelligent to say? :zzz:

Last edited:
•••
Keith Judd didn't get much campaigning done because of a little thing called prison bars, but he has pulled 40 percent of the vote away from Obama. Judd is in a Texas prison for making threats at the University of New Mexico. But he filed enough papers and paid his fee to run in the West Virginis Democratic primary. Keith expected not to attend the convention.

•••
Keith Judd didn't get much campaigning done because of a little thing called prison bars, but he has pulled 40 percent of the vote away from Obama. Judd is in a Texas prison for making threats at the University of New Mexico. But he filed enough papers and paid his fee to run in the West Virginis Democratic primary. Keith expected not to attend the convention.

:lol:. He's obviously a born Politician. How embarrassing for Obummer. At least the new politician Keith Judd is in prison, where most crooked politicians should be.

Just imagine if Keith Judd were to cut his hair; he would have had a lot more votes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...0-cent-votes-Obama-West-Virginia-primary.html

•••
•••
•••
This was brought up by somebody Obama not supporting gay marriage, but big news: Obama backs same-sex marriage

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/09/11621156-obama-backs-same-sex-marriage?lite

I think Biden's comments pushed him on that. I always felt he was fine with it but was thinking bigger picture and getting elected. Once you get to the 2nd term, you can tackle stuff like this.

Need to get Biden talking about legalizing gambling online now before the NFL season football starts. Let's get it done.

Last edited:
•••
Keith Judd received 72,544 votes compared to President Barack Obama's 105,854. In 10 of West Virginia's 55 counties, Judd received more votes than Obama.

SZ200_kjudd.jpg

I think the voters just liked his cool hair

why on earth would anybody think obama wouldnt support same sex unions?

•••
Keith Judd received 72,544 votes compared to President Barack Obama's 105,854. In 10 of West Virginia's 55 counties, Judd received more votes than Obama.

SZ200_kjudd.jpg

I think the voters just liked his cool hair

why on earth would anybody think obama wouldnt support same sex unions?

Not unions, marriage. He was always okay with civil unions.

And that's West Virginia, I watched a 60 Minutes episode where they feed their newborns Mountain Dew instead of milk and all the sex within the family stuff, backwards state.

So what do you guys think, is this going to help Obama or hurt him? It's not going to help in the Southern states. Will be interesting to watch the polls on this.

Also, do you think we should get the title of this thread changed, once it's official Romney is the Republican choice. This can be the Presidential Race thread or something. People are going to want to talk about it, might as well keep it all in one thread.

Last edited:
•••
Also, do you think we should get the title of this thread changed, once it's official Romney is the Republican choice. This can be the Presidential Race thread or something. People are going to want to talk about it, might as well keep it all in one thread.

Title should be changed or a new thread started

•••
Need to get Biden talking about legalizing gambling online now before the NFL season football starts. Let's get it done.

My God that's two things we agree on :D . I am surprised they did not push this through with the whole stimulus payoff, as a balance for increased expenditures, taxing online sales and online gambling.

If he pushed for legalizing online gambling, that would give him an edge in Nevada. Conservative states aren't going to vote for him anyway.

•••
Title should be changed or a new thread started

What if we want an Obama v Judd thread? Let's just create two political threads.

I suggest we call it "The Official Political Thread - Lefties / Commies /Socialists / Wrong"
I suggest we call it "The Official Political Thread - Rightiess / Tea Drinkers / Right - not Wrong!"

•••
I suggest we call it "The Official Political Thread - Lefties / Commies /Socialists / Wrong"
I suggest we call it "The Official Political Thread - Rightiess / Tea Drinkers / Right - not Wrong!"

There many Choices for a new title:

Occupy Nampros

Where the Righties Hammer Lefties

Wake me up after Obamma wins Thread

At Least Sara P was a Hotty Thread

The Romney better not pick a White Male VP Thread

Keith Judd 4 Press Thread

Argue US politics with Someone From Europe Thread

If you bother me enough ill change my siggy Thread

People that dont really know how close we were to TGD II Thread

He put a what? on his car roof Thread

JB LIONS - Why is he being ignored by firefly? Thread

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back