NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As a foreigner I've always been interested in American politics because it affects the rest of the world. I've always looked up to American's strong belief in freedom but in the last 10-15 years I notice that the American Mainstream Media (MSM) have taken control of the majority of the population's minds and have decided who should win the candidacy both for the Democrats and Republicans.

And this brainwashing seems to get worse all the time. Three years ago the MSM decided that Obama should be the winner and so they where very biased against Hilary Clinton. Result; The media and Obama won.

Now with the Republican nomination the Media is even worse as they seem to have already chosen Mitt Romney to win. What really amazes me is how the Media has totally ignored Ron Paul who appears to be the 2nd most popular candidate, despite the fact that he is being ignored. Just imagine if they (MSM) were to talk about him; He'd probably be the front runner.

Could this (ignoring Ron Paul) be due to to the fact that the MSM is controlled by Jews and they don't like the fact that Ron Paul has said the he would stop Foreign aid to Israel and the rest of the world. Or are they afraid that Ron Paul has the the best chance of beating Obama, therefore by choosing Romney, Obama will obviously have a better chance to win.

What amazes me is that the media is not even being discreet about ignoring RP. Whatever happened to the unbiased American media that the world so much admired? D-:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you want to think the United States is more communist than Communist China, so be it.
The irony of History is that today the Western World is getting closer to the Chinese model: economic freedom (for the most part) but growing authoritarianism, disregard for individual freedoms and privacy, contempt for human rights and democratic values, massive, indiscriminate surveillance of the citizenry which is the trustmark of paranoid government.

The US has more inmates than any other nation yet you take comfort in the fact that "China executes more people each year than the rest of the world combined."
I'm afraid you're missing the point. You will always find a worse country, that doesn't mean yours/mine is doing okay and that we should rest happy. Especially when things are not improving. Chinese are probably better off than Somalians so it's all relative.

While China remains undemocratic it is communist on paper only. It has Westernized to a large extent.
It has become slightly more free and open on a number of issues, but not all. For example censorship remains very tight. In the West censorship is gaining ground, not just political censorship but also various forms of censorship driven by corporate interests (hint hint).

There are still plenty of interesting lessons to be drawn from the study of communism.
As you know the demise of the Soviet empire started in East Germany. East Germany was heavily indebted to the West (you know, the capitalists that were supposed to sell the rope by which they would be hanged...).
The USSR and the rest of the bloc had similar problems, a failed economy plagued by unsustainable debt. The USSR could no longer afford to bail out the deadbeat. The Afghanistan war was another fatal blow as well (ever noticed the US is always at war somewhere).
The communist regimes collapsed as they had been living on credit and couldn't carry on.

The Soviet empire has actually perished by the debt. Not the first time in history such a thing occurs.
Now isn't China the largest holder of US debt ?
How do you feel about it and your country being sold away by politicians ?
Try to think of the possible implications for the future. IMO they are not rosy. I mean, presently China is not a 'friendly' partner like the UK, Canada, or even France. I would not want to have a foe with a trigger on the US dollar.
Politicians are not going to tell you the truth, you have to dig it yourself.

Regarding the two-party system let's look again at communist countries.
In countries like Poland or East Germany there was often a second party, sometimes more, but it was either an offshoot of the communist party or the elections were set up in such a way that it could not attain power (not that it would make any difference anyway). It was all a sham to pretend the regime was fair and democratic.

In the US there are two major parties and they look the same on many issues. That's why I'm making the point that in such a system freedom of choice is very relative. Perception is not reality.

I also agree with Gilsan that the US media is biased. It is part of the ploy to brainwash the American public and drown what's important in futility.

Westerners tend to think and behave like flatlanders: they are convinced their system is the best, the most sophisticated ever achieved, and the envy of the rest of the world, that they are free and thriving and they don't even notice the earth is slipping under their feet.

Please don't be offended by everything I write, it's meant to be thought-provoking :notme:

•••
Are you serious? You haven't lived in this country in 20 years and you're trying to say how it is to live here? And how big a deal would it be giving up your citizenship when you haven't lived here in 20 years, that's a long damn time.
He wouldn't be the first nor the last. Renouncing US citizenship is one step to more freedom.
The US is one of the very few countries that taxes its own citizens on their worldwide income, including non residents.
If you gave me a US passport for free I would run away. For travel purposes I prefer my passport issued by a small European country that has no enemies and is not constantly living in the fear of terrorist attacks.

Domainace is making a good point about freedoms. Americans think they live in the freest nation in the world, that isn't true. Problem is that they don't realize that.

In America you don't have privacy therefore you are not really free.

Also your freedom is correlated to the size of your portfolio.

The US also has more inmates than any other country including a repressive regime like China. Land of the free ? In America the odds that you will be doing jail time is higher than anywhere else, including for victimless crimes.

There is no freedom of choice either, because your vote is confiscated: if you are fed up with one party there is little you can do but swing to the other one until the next election. A two-party system.

The US is also the chief sponsor for all the bad bills that aim to eliminate privacy or kill the Internet, no matter what the pretenses.

Sorry for the rant, I could go on and on, back to domains here is an example of your government in action:
http://www.thedomains.com/2008/03/0...t-it-means-to-you-in-light-of-the-snowe-bill/
Only in America.

That's the problem, even the worst dictatorial regimes understand and accept that their power is limited by national boundaries... The US does not.

In order to cure an illness or a perceived problem, you must:
a. accept you have a problem
b. obtain an accurate diagnosis

Condition a. is partly met, b. is not.

•••
I have really mixed feelings on all this..... I think it is very difficult to disagree with the fact that the media is, indeed, choosing to overlook RP's blatantly stronger ground in this election. As has been pointed out, despite the fact he is not a "Republican" per se, he has a growing following and has shown up well at the primaries. Imagine how much momentum he would have if the media presented him David vs Goliath(s) style rather than as the elephant in the room that noone but the audience wants to acknowledge? This sure isn't his first rodeo in regards to running for election and if nothing else his tenacity shows that he is determined to win and bring about change.

I also think that the FACT that he has more contribution money from military people than the rest of the candidates combined speaks volumes.

I believe that he is the most genuine of the candidates. Regardless of whether I or you agree with his views on individual issues, he is very transparent and consistent. He will either do what he says he plans to do or, if blocked, will expose the obstacles in a much more transparent, authentic and useful way than "them democrats" or "those darn republicans" etc.... I really don't think he would just "settle in" to business as usual.

And, on the other side, I really do NOT agree with his position on several issues. But, I would be willing to have them put into discussion again, or handled from a different perspective for a term or 2, if he was able to have the chance to REVERSE the direction our country is heading in the more general and dangerous aspects. I think that if he was to win, it would be a game changer.

And to refer to him as senile is way off mark.... watch the debates and you can just see the pain as he bites his cheek as other candidates fall all over themselves... or he reaches out and saves them with a prompt/reminder about what they "meant" to say..... the guy is sharp. He may not have "charisma" to some (I disagree..., sincerity can also be very charismatic), but he is authentic.

•••
Smart women are sooo sexy (yes - you sdsinc).

You do realise that you are discussing issues with an individual that simply highlights how well the machine has done its job don't you (I'm pretty sure you do)?

I stumbled back into this thread, it's late and I should be in bed, but hey, why not argue politics with people who can't see the forrest for the trees.

Trying to compare today to some ancient civilizations is ridiculous. Each situation is unique.

You obviously don't do much in-depth study of history, if you did you would realise that the quest for empire has, without fail, led many a great nation or power eventually being brought to their knees in one way or another. America will be no different, and if you don't think their current agenda is empire building at its finest, then...

Ok sdsinc, first, I'm still waiting for you to tell me where you live.

It doesn't matter where she lives. To suggest she doesn't know what she is talking about because she may not be a current U.S. citizen is a ad hominem argument and carries very little validity and is a very poor way of arguing your point.

So you can say "accelerated loss of freedoms" but history says otherwise.

Only a truly blind person couldn't see that personal freedoms a deteriorating at an unprecedented rate in American history. I could actually provide proof for my argument, but like I said, it's late and it would be wasted methinks.

This nonsense about the U.S. and communism, usually from people not even actually living in this country.

Once again, an ad hominem argument. Pretty poor tbh.

So you can say "accelerated loss of freedoms" but history says otherwise.

Considering the last ten to twenty years (the more recent history that you want us to refer to), prove it.

Why we are it, please define what you think freedoms are. Are they the same as rights...and what is your definition of rights? Then we might be able to have a discussion that makes any sense.

It's late, I need sleep, and Kate; I think you are wonderful. :)

•••
First idiot!
OUR MSM IS NOT CONTROLLED BY JEWS!
THAT IS SO RACIST OF YOU TO SAY THAT!!!!!!

Second, personally, I think Ron is SENILE.
Yes, I have met the man, talked to him.
And that was years ago and he was senile then.
Hhahahahahhaa

•••
The bottom line though is that you continue to spout Ron Paul is ignored but based on what? What the Ron Paul coalition is telling you! How do I know this? Because the only MSM source you have is CNN! You said that yourself.

Perhaps you could discuss Ron Paul's policies and then we would understand what it is we shouldn't be ignoring. I for one would love to tell our military that Ron Paul will not put their lives at risk in foreign wars ! I'd also love to tell them that they will also be rendered unemployed... that they would not be eligible for any special benefits and that their medical needs would be taken care of by private industry.

Lol, it's not hard to see that he is being ignored. He gets almost no time/questions during debates. And you don't have to tell the military anything, they already support Ron Paul.

The reason he is being ignored is obvious... He is the only candidate who actually cares about freedom and the Constitution.

•••
they are all crazy...you just have to choose whichever one you feel is the least crazy

•••
No.

He's ignored because he is running for a party nomination when he clearly doesn't belong to that party.

Brainwashing happens at many levels. Ron Paul supporters have been brainwashed by Ron Paul supporters. Most people can't tell you the basis of Ron Paul's platform, a minority can but haven't considered the ramifications of it, very few understand it. Usually starting a conversation with "why are you a republican/democrat/libertarian/teaparty voter?" yields an answer that shows people care only about themselves and buy into whatever bullshit their influential friends tell them. Crap like - the Jewish media hates Ron Paul.
Ron Paul is an idiot but until recently at least he was consistent. Romney is a scumbag who creates wealth from debt creation, and Obama is a pussy who is removed from the normal workers.

Israel is one issue of many - as is health, taxes and the pursuit of greed .

•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for these posts Microguy. I have seen many videos about all this stuff in Russian and in English of course.
Need to say that such theories are very popular in the Russian speaking communities in the internet.

As for me - I believe in all these theories.

•••
content removed

Last edited:
•••
Once again the MSM showed how biased they are towards Ron Paul on last nights debate, as that CNN puppet called John King tried, on two occasions not to let RP answer the questions. The audience was alert and showed its disatisfaction with their boos towards John King.

After the debates the CNN puppets with Anderson Cooper at the helm once again failed to even mention Ron Paul, who obviously must be invisible to the MSM.

I did get a great kick out of seeing Gingrich embarrass John King and the Media in front of a world audience, for asking that first question about his personal life.

Whats even more amazing is that the idiot John King went on to ask the same question to the other 3 candidates. How low can you go John King? Pathetic that's all I can say!

•••
content removed

Last edited:
•••
The media can't change what he is.

It says that soldiers don't like being killed.

For the record I don't hate RP - I hate the middle class RP rah rah bumper sticker crowd that has no idea that his views are extreme.

His politics would not stand up to a thorough examination. I'm convinced the only reason he is still of "interest" is precisely due TO THE LACK of coverage.

The world has moved on since the 18th century; unfortunately, RP wants to live as if it hadn't, while putting a slightly modernist spin on things presenting a past that's not real either.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

And your view from Portugal means diddly shit. I think Ron Paul would tell you to keep yourself to yourself.. why are you entangling yourself in another countries' affairs?

Just curious.
No offence my friend but everyone has a right to their oppinion.

•••
content removed

Last edited:
•••
I dont think hes being ignored. Hes really a 3rd party independent type of candidate running with the republicans.

[ame="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-15-2011/indecision-2012---corn-polled-edition---ron-paul---the-top-tier"]Indecision 2012 - Corn Polled Edition - Ron Paul & the Top Tier - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 08/15/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central@@AMEPARAM@@http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:394630@@AMEPARAM@@394630[/ame]

:lol:

I don't agree with much that Ron Paul says (really nothing), but I have to give him props for being the only genuine candidate that actually cares about the people and doesn't work for the wealthy/corporations.

•••
"Actually, using someone's age as a reason to assume they're less competent is ridiculous and pisses me off."

It's a real reality when you start to get up in that age, stuff like alzheamier's, dementia come into play, Reagan had some of that in the end, Cain is showing some signs. Also, if you're that age and running and didn't win in the past, that should be some sort of clue it's not going to happen.

"Most revolutions start because of young people (the latest one being the Arab Spring), and who knows if Occupy Wall Street isn't the next big one?"

We're not going to have any revolution, those protests were lightweight compared to ones we've had in our past. There were no clear leaders, no clear message and I think most that showed up were just there to hang out or be a part of something, kind of like a flash mob. And when police came in and moved them out, most left without any problems. No real conviction. Plus, this was all started by a bunch of Canadians that should be minding their own business, maybe they should be tackling some of the problems in their own country. These are the same people that were against things like shopping on Black Friday, as if saving money is bad or sales stimulating our economy are bad.

Our economy is not the best right now, I had no unrealistic expectations that things were going turn around quickly, after getting handed the worst economy since the Great Depression, wars and other problems. Just people in a bad mood, wanting to be mad at somebody, while this is still the best country were you can do something. I've always felt, your life is what you make it, regardless of who's in the White House. If those protesters have issues, go take more classes, get another job, start your own business and become CEO and give all your money away. Do something constructive.

Last edited:
•••
The worse thing that has happened to our political field is the okay of super pacs. Thanks to too many who voted that corporations are people, etc.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/01/31/stephen-colberts-super-pac-raises-over-1-million?hpt=hp_bn13

lol

cheers

liquid

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

I dont think Nader aware of his candidacy. Nader is unsafe at any speed

The Ross Perot(rich guy willing to spend cash) 3rd canidate would be the only kind that works late in a race

how about zuckerberg....! , first he takes over the internet and then he becomes prez...and...he is a jew!!(no no no, nothing against jews here!!,spare your racial remark stuff, remember, it's the"break room") lol

cheers

liquid

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

lol DU, you beat me(only for 3 minutes, needed a cig break before finishing...)...:)

but what would be scary with colbert, hey at least it could be "funny" lol

cheers

liquid

•••

Last edited:
•••
Why is Ron Paul being ignored?

I don't think he's being ignored, when your polling in last place you really cant expect the media to give you equal time to what they give the top contenders..

As much as I like Ron Paul, he's simply UN-Electable.

Aside from the racist piece he published, Libertarians have some pretty extreme positions, and it's those positions that will ultimately work against him in the general election should he be nominated.

Republicans and independents realize this election is far too important to risk nominating a lightning rod like Ron Paul who has the highest probability of re-electing Obama.. God forbid.

Even Ron Paul himself realizes he CANT win, he's in this race for the message and the message ONLY, I think that's quite clear.

•••
johname said:
We have our 3rd Candidate
sdsinc said:
With all the scarecrows to the right, looks like Obama will get reelected.
GILSAN said:
Cain and Perry were just too dumb
iowadawg said:
Mitt Romney stuck his big mitten in his mouth

I think I know why we find any sane, intelligent, "normal" people to run for President: It's a s***ty job and nobody in their right mind wants it :)!!!

•••
Airports? Ok, seizure of property and business without a trial, being arrested for videotaping police in public, police handcuffing a child. Google any of these, there are plenty of examples. Or don't.
Talking about airports proof that the US is building an Orwellian police state:

http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/gc_1231972592442.shtm

And they have heavily lobbied (I mean bullied) other nations to follow the example. Hint: ever wonder why non-US persons may resent US policy laundering when it affects them.

Also, they are expanding the system, very soon nobody will be exempt. They don't want loopholes after all. They never caught one single terrorist either, but that's not the point. The aim is total control of the populace. There is no other rational explanation.
All that under the guise of the so-called war on terror that has claimed many more casualties in the rest of the world than in the US proper... one more thing than Americans fail to realize.

The beauty of the system is that people believe they are free. Let's be fair, the US is not China or North Korea but Americans tend to overrate their own living conditions.

Those conditions look set to deteriorate now that the US is virtually bankrupt.
At least Ron Paul is one of the few talking about those inconvenient topics. But he doesn't seem to have a solution other than defaulting (think of a soldier surrendering right after being hit by a deadly bullet).

RON PAUL - Why is he being ignored ?
Because the bits of truth he distils here and there are just too painful to be told to the public. Politicians are in the business of distracting you from the issues that matter.
If people truly understood the extent of the problem they would start a revolution overnight.

•••
Just to change the debate a bit, I watched Game Change last week. Never seen such a black comedy in my life; kept laughing throughout the movie. I never liked right-wingers but Sarah Palin had my full sympathy in the movie due to the situation she was put in.

I don't want to generalise it but if the Governor of a state has such poor knowledge of the rest of the world, let alone ordinary Americans. No wonder why US foreign policy is such a disaster.

Make no mistake: I believe the Americans are the most hardworking, productive and generous nation on earth.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back