IT.COM

status-duplicate Rob Monster bought Namepros without paying a dime.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of you like Rob Monster because the information that he posted. But many did not realize that he SPAMS the forums whenever he has a chance.
- Spamming/Promoting his company everywhere
- He also hired a team here and tell them to spam the forums also.
Too much is too much and this needed to be stopped.
- OP asked about Godaddy who is privacy. He inserted an Epik link
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...rom-godaddy-to-namesilo.1166442/#post-7531080
And many more:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-will-happen-to-our-domains-when-we-die.1167187/#post-7530982

He even inserted a link from Webhostingtalk.com which considers Namepros competitor.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/is...like-in-the-digital-age.1167212/#post-7530874

I don't hate the guy. It's just spamming too much or he may have some mental problems?

NamePros moderator response:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Indeed.

Mods rely on member reports.

Show attachment 138401

If a thread has not been moved, yet it appears obvious of promotion, it might not have been reported yet.

All you gotta do is press the report button, then (if and when validated by mods) the thread is moved to the breakroom, where breakroom threads aren't eligible for time based (daily, weekly, monthly) trends.

(imo) Epik and related content have encountered plenty of reports, resulting in moved threads, to the point where they now operate (at least on namePros) with more understanding of the rules. I've noticed a lot of improvement with how content is prefaced, and appreciate them making the effort.

Check the "Shoot the moon" thread. I can't link to it due to ToS. The OP was edited to remove any semblance of promotion in an entirely academic content. Still in Promotional.

Check the "Teach a man to fish" thread. It is is also in Promotional. It is an entirely academic invitation to co-create and remains there in spite of appeal to the the Mods.

So, yes, the Mods run a tight ship and I am not getting a free pass. I would bail on this operation but that would appease the thugs and neo-Marxists that were definitely not lifting up their fellow man.

On the other hand, I have risked all, to help all. For those who lack context, it is here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/so...at-do-domain-names-have-to-do-with-it.1161411

The thugs did not get that moved to "Promotional" status. They tried.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I’ve enlightened them via the expired domain, mobilewallet.com.

Your staff assured me that expired domains with a back order will change accounts on the 16th day. When my BO wasn’t honored you pulled bullsh*t about 1% of customers having special privilege to renew domains beyond the other 99%.

You f*cked up on this one.

I thought you were clever.

The registrant renewed the domain. It is a 6 figure domain. I would expect him to do so.

As for customer drop date, the default grace period is 15 days. Some customers have more.

Anyone can request more grace. We do up to 35 days. Usually when folks need more grace period it is because there are larger issues. So, this is a consultative process. However it is not a 1% exclusive.

As for your personal backorder, you were refunded in full. Had the customer dropped it, yes, it would have been a lottery win for you.

Now, consider if YOU were the registrant. What if it was your 6-figure domain and you had secured a 30 day grace period. How would you feel about losing your day on Day 16?

•••
First it was TheDomains buying Namepros. Now it is Epik? I really must pay more attention to all these corporate takeoevers. :)

Seriously though, Rob answers questions. There are few registrar CEOs that do that. Haven't seen any favouritism shown by the mods to Rob or Epik either.

Regards...jmcc

•••

The registrant renewed the domain. It is a 6 figure domain. I would expect him to do so.

As for customer drop date, the default grace period is 15 days. Some customers have more.

Anyone can request more grace. We do up to 35 days. Usually when folks need more grace period it is because there are larger issues. So, this is a consultative process. However it is not a 1% exclusive.

As for your personal backorder, you were refunded in full. Had the customer dropped it, yes, it would have been a lottery win for you.

Now, consider if YOU were the registrant. What if it was your 6-figure domain and you had secured a 30 day grace period. How would you feel about losing your day on Day 16?
The valuation is irrelevant. You never answer why you award special privilege but you do acknowledge it. Thats the issue, you acknowledge it!

Holy shit!

•••
Last edited:
•••

There are two grace periods from what I remember. The first is for approximately 30 days after expiry where the registrant can renew at the normal fee (Auto-Renew Grace 0-45 days). Then there's the 30 day pending delete restorable period where the domain name can be restored at a higher cost. The first period does vary considerably across registrars but the second is ICANN specified. Some registrars try to short-circuit the renewal cycle by moving expired domains to auction. The registrant has a lot of time to renew a domain name and these renewals can cause problems with the auctions with a seemingly expired domain name being renewed.

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/gtld-lifecycle-2012-02-25-en

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
So, yes, the Mods run a tight shop and I am not getting a free pass. I would bail on this operation but that would appease the thugs and neo-Marxists that were definitely not lifting up their fellow man.

I certainly hope you do not bail at any time. The fact you are the main force behind Epik and you post here re promotions, etc is helpful, your posts about the industry have taught me more in the last 6 months than I managed to pick up in the last 6 years in 'cruising' the net for info.

A simple check of logs will show how much more time is spent here specifically reading and/or responding to your threads by members. I don't always agree with your position (although a majority of the time I do) but in cases where we don't see eye to eye it is always a learning experience.

The beauty of the OP is that this will gain more exposure for Epik...it is already the top trending thread of the day and it will no doubt make it to the favorite and then month level before it is done.

btw, the asinine comment in the initial post re: 'mental problems' brought to mind the old saying: "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones".

Last edited:
•••
@Rob Monster gives special privileges to certain customers, himself. He can’t prove otherwise.

What we know is that some deleting domains get renewed beyond the timeline that that are supposed to be awarded to the BO customer.

He cannot prove where these domains end up or explain why his platform gives 1% of customers a different set of rules.

•••
If that's how Rob has bought NP, then I encourage GD, Afternic, and other vendors to do the same too. I have benefited a lot from such innovative "acquisition".

•••
There are two grace periods from what I remember. The first is for approximately 30 days after expiry where the registrant can renew at the normal fee. Then there's the pending delete restorable period where the domain name can be restored at a higher cost. The first period does vary considerably across registrars but the second is ICANN specified. Some registrars try to short-circuit the renewal cycle by moving expired domains to auction. The registrant has a lot of time to renew a domain name and these renewals can cause problems with the auctions with a seemingly expired domain name being renewed.

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/gtld-lifecycle-2012-02-25-en

Regards...jmcc

For .COM it is 45 days before we have to delete and get a refund from Verisign.

Once deleted, it is 30 days of redemption.

And then 5 days of pending-delete during which the domain cannot be recovered.

However, the critical date is Day 36. That is when the expiry goes to Snapnames. At some point, we might stop sending names there, e.g. if we move forward with a Domain Liquidation platform of our own.

Snapnames is really sleepy lately -- not sure what's up with that.

•••
@Rob Monster gives special privileges to certain customers, himself. He can’t prove otherwise.

What we know is that some deleting domains get renewed beyond the timeline that that are supposed to be awarded to the BO customer.

He cannot prove where these domains end up or explain why his platform givcles 1% of customers a different set of rules.

Welcome to America: Innocent until proven guilty. The rest is troll-powered Ad Hominem. You are welcome to use Epik, but please do yourself a big favor and cease with the factless nonsense. And if that is too hard for you, take careful not of the legal section of the Epik site to understand the rules of engagement.

•••
For .COM it is 45 days before we have to delete and get a refund from Verisign.

Once deleted, it is 30 days of redemption.

And then 5 days of pending-delete during which the domain cannot be recovered.
It makes tracking stats really interesting. :) I see gTLD domain names deleting and then popping up again on registrar graveyard servers and then finally deleting. I calculated the registration years of the doms in COM/NET/ORG and also the reregistration percentages. The .COM is around 43% deletion and 57% renewal at the moment.

However, the critical date is Day 36. That is when the expiry goes to Snapnames. At some point, we might stop sending names there, e.g. if we move forward with a Domain Liquidation platform of our own.

Not sure about Snapnames. But a Domain Liquidation platform might require more employees to answer questions.

Regards...jmcc

•••
I for one appreciate how helpful and accessible Rob is. And the irony of this thread is....more exposure for Epik. Also looking at the likes and dislikes seems the OP is in the minority.

•••
Good one... innocent until proven guilty. Your guilty and you talk bullsh*t because thats all you can do. Sad motherf*cker.

How about telling us why you don’t operate like a billion dollar company. They don’t give special privileges to 1% of customers.

Godaddy leads treating 1% customers special

500+ domains, gets special discount pricing,
otherwise, pay monthly/annual for β€œprivilege”

Last edited:
•••
Good one... innocent until proven guilty. Your guilty and you talk bullsh*t because thats all you can do. Sad motherf*cker.

No, seriously, your accusation is groundless. The current registrant of MobileWallet.com is the same registrant as before. I do see he has WHOIS privacy, but it is the same guy. He never dropped it though he does make regular use of the grace period. Bottom line: there is no conspiracy or special arrangement. And even if there was, it would be covered by our Refund policy and error policy, and I would have no problem invoking it if there was some obvious error. Our first duty is to the current registrant. Hope that clarifies.

•••
•••
No, seriously, your accusation is groundless. The current registrant of MobileWallet.com is the same registrant as before. I do see he has WHOIS privacy, but it is the same guy. He never dropped it though he does make regular use of the grace period. Bottom line: there is no conspiracy or special arrangement. And even if there was, it would be covered by our Refund policy and error policy, and I would have no problem invoking it if there was some obvious error. Our first duty is to the current registrant. Hope that clarifies.
@Rob Monster the registrant is irrelevant. It’s your policy that matters and it’s not the same for ALL customers.

•••
the critical date is Day 36. That is when the expiry goes to Snapnames. At some point, we might stop sending names there, e.g. if we move forward with a Domain Liquidation platform of our own.

+1 to stop sending domains there.

Having spent some time on nP lately, you might find that a lot of nPers don't trust auctions houses as much as they once did. Whether it be concerns of shill bidding, or large players receiving preferential treatment, the industry is primed for a trustworthy, transparent, and monitored marketplace.

Rather than innovating this space, I'm dumbfounded as to why Epik would opt to send their customers domains and associate themselves with a marketplace once plagued with the Halvarez shill bidding scandal.

It's one thing to ask your customers to trust epik (which you can control) but it's another thing to suggest your customers trust an outside entity with such a troubled history.

Last edited:
•••
wow, this got ugly.

My question is what is this about a 15 day grace period? No domain should ever be transferred after only 15 days, that's terrible imo. I would love to see Epik stop sending expired domains anywhere. Let the domain go through the drop process! Its not your name to sell, you never paid for it!

Last edited:
•••
•••
+1 to stop sending domains there.

Having spent some time on nP lately, you might find that a lot of nPers don't trust auctions houses as much as they once did. Whether it be concerns of shill bidding, or large players receiving preferential treatment, the industry is primed for a trustworthy, transparent, and monitored marketplace.

Rather than innovating this space, I'm dumbfounded as to why Epik would opt to send their customers domains and associate themselves with a marketplace once plagued with the Halvarez shill bidding scandal.

It's one thing to ask your customers to trust epik (which you can control) but it's another thing to suggest your customers trust an outside entity with such a troubled history.

I am personally working on a pre-expiry platform that will also include all Epik inventory for expired domains. The process will include a prompt to add your domains to NameLiquidate during the weeks prior to expiration so we can help domain investors thrive, even if it means liquidating some inventory instead of seeing it go to auction elsewhere.

•••
Our first duty is to the current registrant.

Says the CEO of a company who opts for a 15 day grace period to be applied by default.

Are you kidding me?! How in the world does that default practice say, "our first duty is to the current registrant" ?!

Last edited:
•••
wow, this got ugly

What is this about a 15 day grace period? No domain should ever be transferred after only 15 days, that's terrible imo. I would love to see Epik stop sending expired domains anywhere. Let the domain go through the drop process! Its not your name to sell, you never paid for it!
It varies by registrar. Some registrars offer little or no grace period after expiration. Others are more generous. There is an argument from the registry/registrar side that the ownership of the domain name ceases when the domain name expires. Domain names used to be deleted on expiration and the two grace periods are the product of a long argument that's lasted nearly two decades. There is also a fee for restoring a domain name and its about $40 or so to the registrar. The registrant generally ends up paying it or more depending on the registrar.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back