Dynadot

status-duplicate Rob Monster bought Namepros without paying a dime.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of you like Rob Monster because the information that he posted. But many did not realize that he SPAMS the forums whenever he has a chance.
- Spamming/Promoting his company everywhere
- He also hired a team here and tell them to spam the forums also.
Too much is too much and this needed to be stopped.
- OP asked about Godaddy who is privacy. He inserted an Epik link
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...rom-godaddy-to-namesilo.1166442/#post-7531080
And many more:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-will-happen-to-our-domains-when-we-die.1167187/#post-7530982

He even inserted a link from Webhostingtalk.com which considers Namepros competitor.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/is...like-in-the-digital-age.1167212/#post-7530874

I don't hate the guy. It's just spamming too much or he may have some mental problems?

NamePros moderator response:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Things just don't change.

Started another thread, mentioning GAB yet again, that linked to the other .org thread, where the mods had to delete your self promotion:

"We have bought some .ORG names lately through the Epik Holding Company. However, as Epik registrar, we are selling them at/below cost, e.g. $7.49 .ORG registrations and $8.88 .ORG transfers. The 3 letter .ORG domains are all taken. @Gube prepared one list already, which is the list of available 4 letter .ORG"

But somebody quoted and replied to it, it's why I was able to post it.

This:

1. I don't care who makes money
2. I don't care who takes credit

Just doesn't seem true when you literally promote every chance you get, then at times when somebody brings something up, you've literally linked to the Alexa chart, wanting to take credit for that.

"There is no hidden agenda."

"Yes, I run a business."

And as we've gone over before, it's ok to want to make money.

Funny, they are literally losing money on those registrations as they are below cost, so maybe better he doesn’t post them. It’s unheard of for companies to offer $6.99 unlimited transfers to the major registers. Sure the obscure ones that trap you might do it cheaper, but I think you are getting caught up in hate, Epik is losing money even on $6.99 .com transfers, I wonder who is gaining money on each transfer, members of this forum... transfer 70 expiring names, and that’s $100 in your pocket, simple transfer of wealth. So if you hate him so much, best revenge is to transfer names in his loss leader, and hit him
where it hurts lol.

•••
I actually don't think that the Monster creates all of these threads with the intent or even the preexisting notion of promoting Epik. I think it's just that his mind is often racing and he just comes up with these ideas, Did we really go to the Moon, is the Earth flat, did this massacre really happen, and then he just posts about it. Of course along the way he doesn't miss an opportunity to promote his business but I don't think this is all calculated.

Calculated or not though, many of the posts do end up looking promotional.

Well:

"Gube prepared one list already, which is the list of available 4 letter .ORG"

Just happened to have a list already, before the post. So, pretty obvious.

Funny, they are literally losing money on those registrations as they are below cost, so maybe better he doesn’t post them. It’s unheard of for companies to offer $6.99 unlimited transfers to the major registers. Sure the obscure ones that trap you might do it cheaper, but I think you are getting caught up in hate, Epik is losing money even on $6.99 .com transfers, I wonder who is gaining money on each transfer, members of this forum... transfer 70 expiring names, and that’s $100 in your pocket, simple transfer of wealth. So if you hate him so much, best revenge is to transfer names in his loss leader, and hit him
where it hurts lol.

Seriously? Most registrars have discounts, GoDaddy had $1 regs and transfers for years. It's basic marketing, get people into the system. Saving the world, doing good, tug on the heart strings, good marketing as well. P&G was known for that, I think even Rob would admit that.

Last edited:
•••
Things just don't change.

Started another thread, mentioning GAB yet again, that linked to the other .org thread, where the mods had to delete your self promotion:

"We have bought some .ORG names lately through the Epik Holding Company. However, as Epik registrar, we are selling them at/below cost, e.g. $7.49 .ORG registrations and $8.88 .ORG transfers. The 3 letter .ORG domains are all taken. @Gube prepared one list already, which is the list of available 4 letter .ORG"

But somebody quoted and replied to it, it's why I was able to post it.

This:

1. I don't care who makes money
2. I don't care who takes credit

Just doesn't seem true when you literally promote every chance you get, then at times when somebody brings something up, you've literally linked to the Alexa chart, wanting to take credit for that.

"There is no hidden agenda."

"Yes, I run a business."

And as we've gone over before, it's ok to want to make money.

I actually don't think that the Monster creates all of these threads with the intent or even the preexisting notion of promoting Epik. I think it's just that his mind is often racing and he just comes up with these ideas, Did we really go to the Moon, is the Earth flat, did this massacre really happen, and then he just posts about it. Of course along the way he doesn't miss an opportunity to promote his business but I don't think this is all calculated.

this thread has run its course.

Keep trying, @JB Lions @xynames

you guys lost, in the worst thread beating ever.

trying to get these cheap shots in rob page-10 wont do anything,

•••
this thread has run its course.

Keep trying, @JB Lions @xynames

you guys lost, in the worst thread beating ever.

trying to get these cheap shots in at rob page-10 wont do anything,

Longest running job interview at NP. They should hook you up just for having a Monsters Inc. avatar. I hope you get it.

Last edited:
•••
who is this Rob Monster guy anyway? Is he new to this forum?

•••
He has some sycophants who follow him blindly.

But he's not a bad guy.

•••
Time to see what else is happening on NP.

Last edited:
•••
there would be nothing wrong with you, @Rob Monster doing so
and I'm sure nobody would complain.

IF
that would be really the case.

What few of us find extremely annoying is,
that you mingle links related to epik services

and that you keep on mentioning epiks "advanced" features

some of which claim to solve problems,
actually nobody had before

and it's hard to get rid of the feeling
that those "philanthropic" posts were only created,
in order to promote epik.com

best
Frank

Here is an example:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/the-fight-for-org-is-it-about-money-or-is-it-about-control.1167444/

this post has no promotion itself
but links to a post
that promotes
regisetring .org for discount at epik.com

you can't know his intentions
pure speculation.

they don't only look promotional
but as Rob confesses they actually added a lot of business to epik
so there ARE promotional

•••
@Cal2 is right on here.

The main topics for which I have started threads are generally:

- New brand searches or new concepts that are not called Epik

- Digital Empowerment

- Teaching and coaching on how to succeed in domaining.

- Industry News

- The meaning of life

I do comment in other people's threads mostly not as Epik but as industry observer and ombudsman who happens to know Epik's product line and tries to stay abreast of other players in the industry.

I obviously did not intend to be active on NamePros. I was frankly dragged into it by @MapleDots and his infamous thread. However, here we are. I now have a bunch of followers here.

My advice to anyone who wants to be successful at NamePros is to simply share what you know, make the pie bigger and help people resolve issues. If everyone does that, this place will be very awesome.

let me explain
as you kind of don't get it

you are adding promotional snippets into each and every post

it's the same as if I would start to post images of
the BS you posted earlier
in each and every post you make

Last edited:
•••
let me explain
as you kind of don't get it

you are adding promotional snippets into each and every post

it's the same as if I would start to post images of
the BS you posted earlier
in each and every post you make

Did you quote the wrong person.

•••
•••
where it hurts lol.

so you still feel safe with epik?

•••
Here is an example:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/the-fight-for-org-is-it-about-money-or-is-it-about-control.1167444/

this post has no promotion itself
but links to a post
that promotes
regisetring .org for discount at epik.com

you can't know his intentions
pure speculation.

they don't only look promotional
but as Rob confesses they actually added a lot of business to epik
so there ARE promotional

That one was a bad example Frank, not much promotional content in there - there are others that have more. This thread has provided a lot more promotion than most of the other ones about Epik. See stats below. I wonder if threads such as this are the ones that are helping to drive some of that traffic. If you want to avoid providing even more traffic might be worth putting him on ignore and not bumping the thread. Although, that would limit your ability to provide your opinion. Bit of a catch-22.

upload_2019-12-10_10-35-11.png

Last edited:
•••
I like Rob's initiative on the forum. I feel like he cares a lot and he is that guy who will go the extra mile to make sure everyone has a good experience with his company. I respect that.

However, I do partially agree with some on the thread, in some cases.

If someone posts "which registrar allows this or that?" and he replies "epic allows this and that", it's fine because it's relevant to the OP and it cobtributes.

However, if someone asks "can I do this on godaddy and how?" and he replies "I don't know about godaddy, but you can do that on epic", that's actual spam.

I've seen him do something like that and it's crossing the line. I'm paraphrasing of course.

I'm fine with him promoting on namepros as long as he adheres to some rules and limits.

•••
@johnn is an undercover Epik agent, implementing viral marketing using controversial topic! Classic!
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I am not serious BTW but this post made opposite effect of what the OP intended:
Untitled-2.jpg

This reminds me about voting on some UN resolutions :xf.grin:

•••
•••
Promotion in the domain discussion section:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/have-you-hugged-your-whois-privacy-provider-today.1162503/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-will-happen-to-our-domains-when-we-die.1167187/#post-7531528

OP asked about transferring domain to Namesilo. He inserted a link to his company
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...rom-godaddy-to-namesilo.1166442/#post-7531080
https://www.namepros.com/threads/daily-available-domain-names-freshly-dropped.1166011/#post-7520380

And the list goes on.......

I don't mind if he advertises or promote his company but he must do it in the right section and DO NOT MENTION or INSERT A LINK to his company in every post.

•••
Last night, to test epik backorders I placed two .com backorders at epik for $8.49 each and backordered the same domains at a noted cheaper competitor that has previously beat my epik backorders. I was so tired that I forgot I had placed the backorders last night, and was surprised to see the success emails this afternoon.

To said surprise, Epik beat the competitor 2/2 today.

To confirm that the domains were registered before making it to the public, I used expireddomains.net timestamps to compare against the WHOIS creation timestamp.

155678_3a92fd4b2cec3a335a3c9ceb2a62ef8b.png

WHOIS Creation Date: 2019-12-09T19:44:41Z

155679_e0600633d421bc9ddbe79f76bc611d6f.png

WHOIS Creation Date: 2019-12-09T19:44:11Z

I'm not sure if these domains happened to drop at the exact same minute (19:44) or if they were available to reg at 19:43 or earlier. Nonetheless, they appear to have been registered 30 seconds apart.

I mention this in case there is room for improvement within epiks backordering service. This is not to say I'm not grateful for the acquisition, or that I wish epik had registered it earlier, this is simply technical feedback.
Hello Grilled,

Happy to see we caught these for you :)
Unfortunately, the droptime of the domains is unknown, and a link can't be made between 2 registrations.
Regarding the drop time Expired domains found is not really accurate.. They scan the list as fast as they can, but they have a delay. It shouldn't be used as reference
Can't give details on our backordering system, but we have no data on how much time a given name was available after dropping

Gube

•••
Hello Grilled,

Happy to see we caught these for you :)
Unfortunately, the droptime of the domains is unknown, and a link can't be made between 2 registrations.
Regarding the drop time Expired domains found is not really accurate.. They scan the list as fast as they can, but they have a delay. It shouldn't be used as reference
Can't give details on our backordering system, but we have no data on how much time a given name was available after dropping

Gube

PM him. Do dot spam here.

•••
He replied in the thread publicly, I believe we have a right to answer, further more this can help others at the same time.

•••

SpamAndLemonade.com available to hand reg at epik for those who wish to have their accustomed grace renewal allotment cut in half by default. I mean, once the domain is expired, it's no longer the registrants chance to shoot the moon, as this opportunity is then shifted to the registrar, where it becomes the registrars opportune time to make up the difference of them offering other domainer features and payment processing at close to cost?

Last edited:
•••
You can't blame people for wanting to get more business by using every opportunity to promote their company. Ultimately it's NamePros responsibility to keep everything under control so that things don't get out of hand. NamePros has to come up with an intelligent way to fix this problem so that it's fair to all sides. Riding the wave of extra publicity and traffic that are created by all the controversies and animosities that we have seen lately on the forum is not the answer, some smart and innovative steps have to be taken by NamePros in order to preserve the integrity of the forum while still allowing companies to interact with members here in a friendly and positive atmosphere.

The buck stops with NamePros.

IMO

•••
I, for one, am looking forward to the first big milestone today as we are at:

Views: 9,836 (on its way to making another record...watch alexa make another move)

Popcorn does not agree with my digestive track so I will make a pot of pasta as I continue to watch this thread today. It's controversial, promotional, investigative, tutorial, humors, irritating, educational....it has it all.

And yes, by all means, lease namepros (or sections) to businesses! (bad move in case no one gets the sarcasm).

•••
Well, next week I'm going to go hibernate my account ... for a year or more. I like lemon cake vs lemonade. I like order and follow-in-house rules ( I spend days and nights reading the nP rules, just to be sure my posts stay in a semi-comfort zone). I like smiles more than fireworks. Bye

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back