IT.COM

status-duplicate Rob Monster bought Namepros without paying a dime.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
Many of you like Rob Monster because the information that he posted. But many did not realize that he SPAMS the forums whenever he has a chance.
- Spamming/Promoting his company everywhere
- He also hired a team here and tell them to spam the forums also.
Too much is too much and this needed to be stopped.
- OP asked about Godaddy who is privacy. He inserted an Epik link
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...rom-godaddy-to-namesilo.1166442/#post-7531080
And many more:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-will-happen-to-our-domains-when-we-die.1167187/#post-7530982

He even inserted a link from Webhostingtalk.com which considers Namepros competitor.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/is...like-in-the-digital-age.1167212/#post-7530874

I don't hate the guy. It's just spamming too much or he may have some mental problems?

NamePros moderator response:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Many of you like Rob Monster because the information that he posted. But many did not realize that he SPAMS the forums whenever he has a chance.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...rom-godaddy-to-namesilo.1166442/#post-7531080
And many more:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-will-happen-to-our-domains-when-we-die.1167187/#post-7530982

He even inserted a link from Webhostingtalk.com which considers Namepros competitor.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/is...like-in-the-digital-age.1167212/#post-7530874

I don't hate the guy. It's just spamming too much or he may have some mental problems?
its just disrespectful ..
he didnt broke any rules ...
and providing opportunities to new domainers..
nothing wrong in that if u have problem just put him in ignore and do your own things like buying 3l .com in 2k usd please

Thanks

•••
Rob Monster is an amazing asset to namepros. We do not have CEOs of big registrars answer questions for me. He helps bunch of folks here. He is brining great value to the forum. I think 99% of namepros members welcome his full participation. Epik.com gives amazing deals. Calling him a spammer is absurd. Spammers don't provide amazing value and discounts for its members.

•••
I think there is a disconnect here from people who use Epik services, and others who haven’t.

I was skeptical myself so I tried it out, I transferred a few hundred names there, at between $5.99-$6.99.

I checked a few names, and submitted a domain loan request, one was granted in 15 minutes for $100 per domain, interest free, not due for 8 months.

Next, I had some smaller 3-4 figure sales lined up, I just moved the names to Epik, and put up a for sale lander, and buyers checked out. Funds were immediately available in my masterbucks Wallet/Account for use. I withdrew some via bitcoin, went thru fine, some more thru PayPal went thru fine.

Next I was doing a domain purchase, ran it thru Epik escrow, paid no escrow fees, deal was closed, and completed same day, I used funds sitting in masterbucks account to fund it. The seller withdrew their funds via bitcoin, they were happy with service, and moved some of their own domains there also.

Grace period, yes 15 days is not favourable, but it keeps renewals down, as it comes down to cashflow, and deposits a register has to put up, from my understanding.

As for special treatment, here is the thing, Epik doesn’t treat just the 1%, but pretty much all namepros members like VIP’s, if you have something that is within their reach to correct, or fix, they try to help you out.

Like I said I was skeptical, so instead of taking anyone’s word for it, I just tried a good portion of services out for myself. I have not been disappointed, or delayed at any level of service I have used there to date.

Epik is one of the most liberal options I have seen when it comes to buyer payment options, seller payout options, and domain leasing/financing programs. Nobody forced me to use the service, but I mean from what I see they are listening to what services customers need to be successful in this industry.

All I can tell you, even if you don’t use them often, they can be a good go to service as a second option. I do see a lot of former members here with Epik staff badges, it’s not a bad idea to hire people from within who are passionate about domains.

Last edited:
•••
@johnn
With all due respect to your anonymous avatar....

This looks like a cheap parlor trick to get a top-ranking thread. Too bad it only accrues dislikes. There is some entirely organic feedback for you.

Seriously, do you guys have a secret club for discussing this nonsense and take shifts to report posts? Go easy on those Mods. They are doing their best. They know the deal.

Here is what happened the last time a few folks got together to try to browbeat me:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/whats-going-on-with-epik-and-rob-monster.1128748/

The new arrivals might not know the backstory about why the oldtimers get so butt-hurt about my occasional posts. My posting took a bit of a break actually. Perhaps you missed that.

The bigger question is this: are we having fun making the pie bigger?

upload_2019-12-8_16-59-26.png

It would appear ....

upload_2019-12-8_17-0-24.png

Last edited:
•••
We should encourage all owners and representatives of domain and related companies to become engaged on this forum. It makes for a far more productive, and transparent, conversation.

With Rob you know what you get because he engages with the oldest industry veterans to the newest and less knowledgeable starters. Its commendable how he treats everyone very kindly.

What you see is what you get. I like it. You don't have to.

Peace!

Last edited:
•••
Actual employee here, joined Epik three weeks ago on this coming Wednesday. Already received two payrolls(feelsweirdman.) Can confirm my day -to-day has shifted entirely towards growing Epik reach, helping folks use Epik, and closing deals for those that want my help.

The shift in my personal mindset has been monumental since I met Rob in June of this year. He has personally coached me for more than three hours via phone and email, on various issues, like my shortsightedness and greed to closing deals too quickly. I joined the team, and within a week I was asked to find ways to add value to my fellow domainers. Came up with a simple question at a Monday morning meeting last week, and boom a new project was born to fill the void we are discussing here today.

Expired domains are our biggest pain point, we need better market solutions to hedge them against the time and resources they require.

I believe Rob is an ally to this community, one that has not existed in such obvious ways. Perhaps this is why so many are critics, which admittedly helps Rob define his craft even more.

•••
•••
If it's not promotional, then why not create a personal account and then post all you want about domain news, domain information, industry news, hosting news, domains wanted and whatever else you like.

I have a personal account here on Namepros. And when it has nothing to do with Bodis - I simply post from my personal account. Then it's as clear as day that I'm not promoting our product or service via signature, mentioning it via post somehow related to the topic, etc.

If I were the owner of Namepros (which I am not contrary to popular belief as I have sold it in 2013), then the rule would've been simple - if you want to discuss domain news and post about domains, etc, have a secondary personal account with no mention of your company name.

I think that's quite a fair solution if you ask me that would keep everyone happy. You can still have your name in your profile, so people know who you are, but no mention of company name and/or promotions related to your company.

I believe this would ultimately test what ones real agenda is and if your contributions are made solely for promotional reasons or are they made to better benefit the domaining community.

Looking forward to hearing the arguments for and against such an idea.

Last edited:
•••
If that's how Rob has bought NP, then I encourage GD, Afternic, and other vendors to do the same too. I have benefited a lot from such innovative "acquisition".

•••
Spammers don't provide amazing value and discounts

Hi

spammers are always offering domains or seo or web design which they claim is an amazing value and often they include discounts too.

bringing value and offering discounts is one thing,
however posting links to your website and promoting your services outside of Advertising section is another.....which btw is against forum rules.

its just disrespectful ..
he didnt broke any rules ..

it's not about John disrespecting him, it's more like he is disrespecting the forum.
and perhaps you should get familiar with the no promotion statement, so you'll know.

1. General (»)
1.1. Do not spam or engage in self-promotion outside the designated advertising sections, e.g., the Promotional section.

and that's the issue.

imo...

•••
Questioning someone’s sanity is a little over the top. As far as I know, any registrar or their employees is allowed to post here. Most don’t care to except if someone airs a gripe. Sometimes not even then. Other than that, they may read but they don’t care to interact with NPers if they don’t have to.

if you see posts that are rule breakers by all means report. But he is allowed to be a participating member here. As Riz mentioned, he has helped alot of domainers here.

My initial thought was oh look another anti @Rob Monster post. 🙄 meanwhile he has saved domainers (including this one) a ton of money on transfers.

Last edited:
•••
I think people need to take it easy with all these damn rules, this is an informal domainer forum, the goal here for all is to create some success in this space.

I don't see many CEO's coming on here, and taking your questions, or dealing with issues.

I have tried a lot of exchanges, usually they have one aspect which is really good, and another which is not so good. Most of have sales options that are limited, or slow to payout, or high commission, you have killed all 3 of those issues at Epik from what I have seen.

There was a time, when all the escrow companies started selling out to one, then intense verification came into place, and people were scrambling how to close deals. The good thing about domaining is people have many options, the bad thing is good inventory costs a lot of acquire in the aftermarket. You need good tools to close deals, monthly plans are going to be a must going into 2020, the new generation of buyers makes deals first, worry about paying second. I don't know to many exchanges that have such liberal payment plans, on lower level, or simplified basis. Even if the buyer defaults, who cares, you have a few payments, and the name back, all good.

This thread; in 23 hours 6920 views, 207 replies
So who is the real winner... Namepros

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Sounds like he found a great community and joined in and expanded his business! Very smart.... very smart! Explains why he is very successful right now.

@johnn Also how many times are you going to spam about leaving... oh $h!t!! Well look at you, right back here at NamePros.

Last edited:
•••
Says the CEO of a company who opts for a 15 day grace period to be applied by default.

Are you kidding me?! How in the world does that default say, "our first duty is to the current registrant" ?!

Wow, @Grilled, that is some harsh stuff.

First of all, we are largely self-funded by yours truly. So, when we sell domains below cost, as we sometimes do, guess who does not draw a paycheck to make that party possible for a few more folks.

Second, when domains go into grace period, guess who covers that renewal fee? That's right, the registrar. So, at any given time, a vast amount of cash is on deposit at registries to cover auto-renews.

Third, as for those quarterly rebates from Verisign, we maxed out Q4 in in the first week of October. We'll get paid in February.

I wish we could just serve free lunch all day, forever, but there is a hard cost to grace periods, especially for .COM which cuts no slack.

In the event you personally need a more liberal grace period, or an interest-free domain loan, just come ask for it. You see at Epik, we actually talk to customers, and not just the top 1% as some ridiculously assert

•••
Is there a rule here for avatar? Grown up and stop acting like a kid.
Johnn, I dunno buddy. I highlighted the irony. Yet another by someone looking to lambaste Monster, and the lambastee (coined, thx) takes the lemons and you've gotten served a pitcher, my friend.

The man gets massive air time, because he gives a TON of air time. How about you lay off, and concentrate on your own strengths- quality domain names? NP has it's own Monster, I wouldn't have it any less and hundreds if not thousands appreciate the time and effort the man gives.

Look, totally get your point of view. It's easy to write someone off when they represent a corp. But unlike individuals like who represent TLDs or registrars from .best or .top, Monster has proven his worth. I don't care if there is Epik references injected into his threads or posts. What exactly do you expect from the ceo of a registrar? Any less? Any less and I would be worried. We're not imbeciles, members of NP can differentiate between counterfeit and the genuine article. There are a ton of facets to domaining as well as individuals that contribute to NP.

I have massive respect for corps that drive off the beaten path, ie CEO remuneration that more closely resemble the everyday worker, corps that take Black Friday off rather than feeding consumerism, corps that look at employees as people rather than numbers, corps that connect with their customers, etc etc. Monster is a trailblazer, if you can't acknowledge or respect that I think you might need to broaden your horizons.

•••
I disagree with the title of this thread. There has been many occasions where the Name Pros Moderators have held Rob in violation of the rules. I have not seen favoritism from the Moderators towards Rob and allowing him to circumvent Name Pro policies. When you make statements such as the one titled here in this thread, you also infer that the Name Pros Moderators turn a blind eye when rules apply to Rob.

Last edited:
•••
I disagree with the title of this thread. There has been many occasions where the Name Pros Moderators have held Rob in violation of the rules. I have not seen favoritism from the Moderators towards Rob and allowing him to circumvent Name Pro policies. When you make statements such as the one titled here in this thread, you also infer that the Name Pros Moderators turn a blind eye when rules apply to Rob.

It does seem like Rob sometimes has a problem with having a discussion without pushing his own products and services.

There have been many threads that started as supposed discussions that ended up being moved to promotional for obvious reasons.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Rob Monster,
Stop promote your businesses in this thread.
You will never give up?

Seriously?

You start a duplicate thread (at least 3rd in as many months) specifically about him and his company and then get upset when he talks about it? lol

C'mon .. seriously? What were you expecting?

•••
This thread; 5500 views, 200 replies ... OP & nPs did Epik a big favor. :)

At Epik, we call it .... LEMONADE:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/turning-lemons-into-lemonade.1161776

We are by no means perfect. Let's just agree there. That said, we are serious people, working hard, co-creating and listening. The results are starting to become apparent.

As for the OP, I think he set a record for the number of Dislikes on a thread. This thread will probably have 10,000 views before it is done. Maybe more, since it will likely be a top monthly thread for another 29 days.

Anyway, thanks for feedback, support ... and for the lemonade.

•••
Got -7 dislikes in 12 minutes. Question yours

Samer

Last edited:
•••
"Rob Monster bought Namepros without paying a dime."

Did he use bitcoin...masterbucks...we gots to know! Oh, wait a tick...it says he didn't pay. Never-mind.

•••
I'm curious to know what is there that has to be cleaned up? You have a member who is addressing claims and assertions about his business from other Name Pros members...
Well Rob has been respectful and civilised but I cant say same for some other posters here!

•••
Is this not simple to understand? Just like us, @Rob Monster is a domainer first before anything else. And just like us, I think he view us as one family from different backgrounds and cultures. If he is creating a business that will benefit domainers, wouldn't it be proper he post it here first?

And come to think of it, he is the only ceo who is ready available to contact when you need to. That should be an advantage.

•••
And many more:

You're angry at his guerrilla marketing techniques? Report the links if you think they need to be reported and allow the mods determine if he's broken any forum rules. I dont think myself or anyone else needs to be informed, via a post like this, that Rob has been quite active this year.

Come on...... we ALL "spam" the forum and "promote" our names, our domain business interests, etc. People have affiliate links all over the place.. In effect, what you've done is nothing dissimilar to what you're actually complaining about.

We see a LOT of this sort of thing these days.... People complaining about others' behaviors and actives being wrong, even illegal, and yet the complainer can usually be found to engage in the same behaviors and actives.

Want it stopped? Its simple, block him, me, others you dont want to see "spamming and promoting". You wont see too much after that.

Learn to ignore those who bother you because what you permit to consume your mind WILL control your life.

Also, I am pretty certain you're not qualified to determine if he's got mental problems. Even if you were qualified, I am fairly certain that you did not hold sessions with him, and enough of them, to make that determination. I speak from much experience in this topic - more experience than domain names. Dont label people with mental issues unless you are certain. Thank you.

Peace! :xf.smile:

•••
PM him. Do dot spam here.
He replied in the thread publicly, I believe we have a right to answer, further more this can help others at the same time.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back