IT.COM

Rick Schwartz went on a new gTLD buying frenzy !

NameSilo
Watch

loupe

Established Member
Impact
I was just checking out thedomains blog of Michael who is also into the new gTLDs and saw his latest article about Rick. Looks like the new gTLDs are getting more and more traction with serious domainers entering the arena :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i dont think they want to get wrapped up in this discussion ;)

You could have posted just a few links/examples with that reply instead of avoiding the question. If you don't, I have to assume you're just making it up, just like a few other people here have.

•••
i dont think they want to get wrapped up in this discussion ;)
I call bullshit. Sorry McDuke, but if these folks love the new gtlds so much, they won't mind being named!

•••
lets not also forget that large business owners even in this industry need to write something off. If it ruffles a few feathers and helps him make a few dollars by influencing a market then so be it. I mean people make stocks look like there worth more all the time by buying a ton at once then people hit the bandwagon. Then they sell them off at the right time and most people get stuck with worthless garbage.

•••
I call bullshit. Sorry McDuke, but if these folks love the new gtlds so much, they won't mind being named!

It not happening because i know what the haters will do. sorry lads.

•••
It not happening because i know what the haters will do. sorry lads.

What can haters do if what you say is true? You said:

"I know end users people in "whos who", who have bought gtlds or are affiliated with the companies planning to use gtlds and they LOVE them! "

That sounds like you've been in communication/or know some big companies. So somehow big companies contacted McDuke to tell you just how much they LOVE their new gtlds. C'mon. It's like that other dude who said all these merchants contacted him, saying they were going to give up their .com for one of these new extensions. Lying basically.

It's your business if you want to invest (term used lightly) in these. But stop making stuff up. If you can't back it up, you shouldn't have brought it up in the first place. Then you wouldn't have to do all this ducking.

Last edited:
•••
What can haters do if what you say is true? You said:

"I know end users people in "whos who", who have bought gtlds or are affiliated with the companies planning to use gtlds and they LOVE them! "

That sounds like you've been in communication/or know some big companies. So somehow big companies contacted McDuke to tell you just how much they LOVE their new gtlds. C'mon. It's like that other dude who said all these merchants contacted him, saying they were going to give up their .com for one of these new extensions. Lying basically.

It's your business if you want to invest (term used lightly) in these. But stop making stuff up.

lol keep trying, i don't need to prove squat. didnt we have this same convo a few months ago when i mentioned the same situation. same as then im not wrapping them up in this forums arguments, it's not cool imo.

Hey but i will say i have plans for my site 420.glass and i have plans for many others such as 420.company, mmj.company and thc.company i also have plans for hemp.shoes and hemp.construction. need more that i want to do business with?

•••
"didnt we have this same convo a few months ago when i mentioned the same situation."

Oh, so this is a continuation of you making stuff up? I thought it was a new one.

I'm not sure what the second part of your response has to do with the who whos talking about how much they love their new gtlds.

•••
"didnt we have this same convo a few months ago when i mentioned the same situation."

Oh, so this is a continuation of you making stuff up? I thought it was a new one.

I'm not sure what the second part of your response has to do with the who whos talking about how much they love their new gtlds.

What that says is they are accomplished business persons and really like their gtlds. If you knew what whos who was you shouldn't need me to explain.

•••
What that says is they are accomplished business persons and really like their gtlds. If you knew what whos who was you shouldn't need me to explain.

I like specifics. And why in the world would they be talking to you? They just contacted you out of the blue, hey McDuke, we like our new gtlds. I simply asked for a link to a site, so I can see. Or who exactly.

Do you happen to know what thread it was where you were talking about it last time?

•••
Listen dude, i don't hate anyone here i like you all, i just say what i think, i have no underlying plans to lie about a company buying gtlds etc.

Lets keep talking about the real topic here, the fact that some people can't cope with the new land rush of gtlds and are in denial that they are here to stay. Some day a gtld will fetch a premium, I think this is why Rick has now jumped in. Hey, s*x.xxx just hit 3 mill remember our discussions about .xxx?

Last edited:
•••
Some day a gtld will fetch a premium said:
I doubt we will see a$MILLION sale in the next 10 years BUT we could see some good ones in the XXXXXX. Only time will tell.

•••
I'd like to know how many of the domains he bought were not at his own new gTLD Registries.

•••
I'd like to know how many of the domains he bought were not at his own new gTLD Registries.
Stub, Learn something everyday...didn't know Rick any registries?

•••
Ricks farewell greeting to his followers at the end of his post:

"PS: For the haters and lowlifes, I got the keywords, Fuck You and Fuck off."

•••
•••
Stub & Wot...I need an education. What does TRAFFIC (conference) have to do with gtlds & registries?

•••
A multi-millionaire spends around $5,000-10,000 on domains.

This is not news. He probably spends more on gas for his boats... (I keep changing what it is but I'll leave it at gas)

•••
Lets keep talking about the real topic here, the fact that some people can't cope with the new land rush of gtlds and are in denial that they are here to stay. Some day a gtld will fetch a premium, I think this is why Rick has now jumped in. Hey, s*x.xxx just hit 3 mill remember our discussions about .xxx?

Doesn't matter why he jumped in. Sometimes he jumps in and makes money, other times he jumps in and loses money. Are they defensive regs, shits and giggles regs as he says or does he believe in them. Who cares of the purchases of somebody who has money to lose? The real topic are people that have spent money on these new gtlds, looking for some hope at this point, something to sink their teeth into. Because reality isn't a good look right now. The reg numbers are low. The sales? Where are they? Most of what gets reported as sales, while technically a sale are just initial registrations/early bird regs, with most of them probably going to lose money.

This:

years ago could have been replaced with
Rick Schwartz bought a .mobi for $200,000 !

So therefore .mobi is a great investment?

One person buying domains is just one person buying domains. Look at the market, that's what counts.

•••
Ricks farewell greeting to his followers at the end of his post:

"PS: For the haters and lowlifes, I got the keywords, Fuck You and Fuck off."

I think that is all you need to know about Rick Schwartz. And I'm an admirer, not a hater.

•••
Doesn't matter why he jumped in. Sometimes he jumps in and makes money, other times he jumps in and loses money. Are they defensive regs, shits and giggles regs as he says or does he believe in them. Who cares of the purchases of somebody who has money to lose? The real topic are people that have spent money on these new gtlds, looking for some hope at this point, something to sink their teeth into. Because reality isn't a good look right now. The reg numbers are low. The sales? Where are they? Most of what gets reported as sales, while technically a sale are just initial registrations/early bird regs, with most of them probably going to lose money.

This:

years ago could have been replaced with
Rick Schwartz bought a .mobi for $200,000 !

So therefore .mobi is a great investment?

One person buying domains is just one person buying domains. Look at the market, that's what counts.

Why do people who reg a name need hope in the first few months?

I don't think anyone who regs gtld's is expecting anything in the first few months why do you keep reiterating this?, it's like you think people expect 6 figure sales in the first week lol.

There are a few on this site who try real hard to discredit any extension but .com. And will try to discredit people who don't follow there views. "just look at this thread" ;) In a few years the gtld sales will come and the Negative Nancey's can hold each other tightly to comfort one another if / when they do.

Myself i like the 30 "ish" i have, and have plans to keep them long term.

Why some feel they have to be the gtld hate keepers is beyond me.

Last edited:
•••
I think that is all you need to know about Rick Schwartz. And I'm an admirer, not a hater.

I never thought I would find one... and here you are :)

•••
Why do people who reg a name need hope in the first few months?

You should ask the thread starter that. It's pretty obvious he thought the news of some big domainer buying new gtlds was somehow a good sign of things to come. It makes people who buy them feel a little better.

As far as big sales. It's happened with other extensions and early on. Again, it's something to point to. As time goes on and they don't happen, some might not feel as good with those purchases.

And those that don't like people pointing out some of the reality, well, it must just be hate. When it's just looking at what's happening and posting about it. You can flip that and say the people the constantly try to pump them are just fan boys/heavily invested or whatever, at least that would be closer to the truth.

You do want to see some kind of market activity with these.

•••
You should ask the thread starter that. It's pretty obvious he thought the news of some big domainer buying new gtlds was somehow a good sign of things to come. It makes people who buy them feel a little better.

As far as big sales. It's happened with other extensions and early on. Again, it's something to point to. As time goes on and they don't happen, some might not feel as good with those purchases.

And those that don't like people pointing out some of the reality, well, it must just be hate. When it's just looking at what's happening and posting about it. You can flip that and say the people the constantly try to pump them are just fan boys/heavily invested or whatever, at least that would be closer to the truth.

You do want to see some kind of market activity with these.

JB i honestly think the whole gtld thing got rolled out faster than expected. Thus no marketing, no preparation just a mad dash to secure extensions.

sure it's a chit show now but over time everything will work out. .com will keep value and certain gtlds will too.

•••
"Thus no marketing"

The marketing itself is another issue that's a mess for 2 reasons.

1. The marketing that has been done is pretty ridiculous, full of tired cliches. The one coming out tomorrow being the "gift to the world", "the future", the next ".com"

2. Then, most would agree they need marketing but there is a problem with that. Most are just too niche I think to get a return. Over 60 of them haven't even reached 5,000 regs. Is it even worth spending the money for them? If/when somebody sees that marketing and tries to reg, the name probably isn't even available. I think maybe for the general extensions but they are few. Most will be soon be forgotten, just buried. Too many and have the limelight just for a week or so.

Was searching for something else earlier in the day and for kicks:

"Alot of people see a goldmine waiting to be discovered"

"Its too early to tell how this tld will go for resale, but I see real potential for development projects."

"Plus, high OVT keyword .(removed) will likely be a good idea as well. "

"I think new tlds will take alot of time to get known...But in the end they will have good value."

"I think .(removed) are great! I have Unique.(removed) and Meaningful.(removed) "

"I can see them taking off in the future."

"Killer name! In the near future everything is going to be more personal. Hang on to your .(removed) domains!"

The .removed is .name

https://www.namepros.com/threads/name-domains.23776/

Funny hearing the same stuff now. That was just from one thread.

Last edited:
•••
I never thought I would find one... and here you are :)

he cant help but admire how gracious rick is

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back