IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oops, didn't update my prices😱

Sold TotalMetaverse.com for $1800 fast transfer

Booth brothers

•••
congrats. Please, may I know what motivated this purchase and the pricing that you applied?

Sorry for the late response; missed your question.

I came across this article https://www.arabnews.com/node/1814051/saudi-arabia
I follow Saudi Arabia closely regarding the transformation of their economy to be less depended on oil. Therefor they invest hundreds of billions into tourism, culture, art et cetera.
I know some other domains they bought in this price range and they probably 'waste' millions on a award show so 8K for the EMD is pennies for them.

•••
•••
Just sold another Metaverse domain with a hyphen

Metaverse-coin.com for $1,200

I quickly raised the price of my last meta domain Metaverse-vr.com to $12k

A good few hours !

•••
Oops, didn't update my prices😱

Sold TotalMetaverse.com for $1800 fast transfer

Booth brothers

Way too cheap..... Except you needed the money.

•••
Analyses[dot]org
Sale price: $2888
Sales date: 2021-10-16
Sales venue: Godaddy
Acquired: NamePros./ $12 / 2018-08-03

analyses-sold.jpg

•••
Untitled.png

Hand reg, hold time 10 months. Afternic BIN.

•••
Way too cheap..... Except you needed the money.
No, just forgot I had these, too wrapped up in buying NFTS, I'm up over $105k on nfts.

•••
Untitled.png

Afternic, hold time 7 months. Drop reg.

Price was set at $788 BIN with $500 min offer / floor. Obviously negotiated.

Edit: This buyer must be a developer... given the number

Last edited:
•••
Untitled.png

Afternic, negotiated down from $2488. Min price was set at $1500 and brokers did negotiate, but this buyer insisted for this price. Decided to sell it as such.

Hold time 6 months.

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 203246

Afternic, negotiated down from $2488. Min price was set at $1500 and brokers did negotiate, but this buyer insisted for this price. Decided to sell it as such.

Hold time 6 months.
Congratulations bro
Afternic fast transfer with dynadot? Is Afternic fast transfer something that brings more sales?

•••
Congratulations bro
Afternic fast transfer with dynadot? Is Afternic fast transfer something that brings more sales?

I can't tell.

Other NP members have said 1...2% effect in sales.

Note: No more replies, keeping thread clean, thank you

•••
Sold another name through Afternic.

XZO.io for $1200

•••
Show attachment 203246

Hold time 6 months.

Great sales, Twiki! I think you insisted on setting BIN and Minimum offer the same price a while ago..

Last edited:
•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
Yes, but above 2K things change as you go up in price. That part is mostly for lower priced domains. It also depends on goals / strategy.

Were those sales NS5 or NS3 landers?

•••
This is cluttering the thread folks, send a DM or move to another thread.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Organs.xyz sold for $4995 @Afternic
MetaPhysics.xyz sold for $2995 @Afternic

No further details please. Thanks

•••
•••
oneword.com.se
( finance/technology niche,one word)

Sale venue: Namecheap marketplace( clubhouse outbound)
Listing type: Bin of course
Listing upgrades: normal listing
Seller: Me
Asking price: $99
Sale price: $99
Purchase venue: hand reg
Purchase price: $$9.98
Details: n/a

Last edited:
•••
m/e/t/a/h/e/a/d/s/e/t in king
Venue: Afternic
Price: $1750
Cost: $~10 (either drop reg or from NamePros, I think it was on NPs though)
Hold Time: ~5 months

I honesty forgot I even had this name as I have it at NameCheap and own a small number of names there, I had it priced at BIN of $500 from the beginning (had it for about 5 months), then saw some meta sales a few weeks ago and bumped it to $1750. I had mentioned I was working on a master excel spreadsheet a few weeks back and even though I could have got more for the name (in my opinion), the painful process of pulling down all the data and making the master file was worth $1250 as the price difference before I did the project (still working on) and the updated prices. I have seen meta sales and own a lot of .co hand regs, but I know metaverse headset will be needed by every person who is in metaverse, but at the same time, for a company to name themselves metaheadset .com, wasn't so sure, but the costs of a metaverse headset are going to be ~$250 and up, so the domain name will pay for itself for buyer (I suspect another domain investor bought this) after a few headset sales. Cash flow is cash flow and this will allow me to up my prices and hold out on the other meta names I own, but the master excel spreadsheet has already paid for itself in only a few weeks.

No Further Details.

•••
Domain: Mind // Way .[org]
Sale price
: $1,988 (BIN)
Sale venue: Afternic Fast Transfer
Cost: $10.72 hand. reg. + one renewal
Hold time: 14 months

I decided to do a small .org hand reg experiment in August last year. Purchased about 20 domains and this is the first to sell from that batch. I've added 40 more after I sold this one. We'll see how it goes.

•••
Domain: Mind // Way .[org]
Sale price
: $1,988 (BIN)
Sale venue: Afternic Fast Transfer
Cost: $10.72 hand. reg. + one renewal
Hold time: 14 months

I decided to do a small .org hand reg experiment in August last year. Purchased about 20 domains and this is the first to sell from that batch. I've added 40 more after I sold this one. We'll see how it goes.
Imagine if you had let go just 2 months ago. :P

Nice sale, congratz :)

•••
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 9 months.

Reduced from $280 to $199 and it sold right away.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back