IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like the domain has been re-listed with a $150k BIN

Yes it was bought by a domain investor I knew that he looking for big money.

•••
Congrats. I saw it on DAN and remembered our conversation. Did it still have the same amount of traffic as it did initially?

It has maintained all stats

•••
312.tv $500
Sold at Epik Buy it now
Acquired in 2019 $123 at Name.com

•••
Sold P A Y 1 0.com for $6900

Flipped within few days of acquisition. No more details :)

•••
•••
•••
Oh Man. Congrats.
Did a quick search and looks like a very thoughtful hand reg. Good Job

I doubt if it would have sold for a $20 bin on Namepros.
That's why you can't really value a name based on how it's received on namepros.
Take what's good and do your own research and follow your guts.

•••
Andy Tan . com

Sold through Afternic BIN

$2488

Bought in 2015 for 148.

•••
air.png

•••
Gd offers.. 《1yr handregs ...no outbond...

Smart.,.contract..biz..100$
Roboto..,xyz...50
Satanic...,,news. .75
Wesley.,,,info..4700

•••
@alcy , did i just read that correctly W/////E////S////L/////E////////Y///// in info 4700? If so , major congrats on that one!

Last edited:
•••
@alcy , did i just read that correctly W/////E////S////L/////E////////Y///// in info 4700? If so , major congrats on that one!

Thanks buddy... luckily for me this was not a typo in price..... obviously nobody today expect to sell an info handreg for this kind of money despite many quality info expiring...but sometimes unexpected sales do happen in domaining ..it's just that usually they are dot-com... cheers

•••
Thanks buddy... luckily for me this was not a typo in price..... obviously nobody today expect to sell an info handreg for this kind of money despite many quality info expiring...but sometimes unexpected sales do happen in domaining ..it's just that usually they are dot-com... cheers
Great sale, congrats :) Any outbound done for this domain and it is bin or make offer negotiations and which platform?

Thanks,

•••
Sold Airfield Lighting (dot) com for $4,000 USD via Sedo,
hold time: 10 years
original investment: ~$200 USD

fleaking

Last edited:
•••
2 Sales that went through today.

VPS(.)cheap $1850 via Dan
Sell(.)digital $250 via GoDaddy

•••
This morning I had a "feel good" sale. Bought the domain last July here on NP for $55. This morning, I received a direct offer email from a very polite gentleman for $250.

I thought about it for a minute and was just about to email back a counter when I thought, it's a .org. I deleted my email countering his offer and instead typed "I accept". My thought was that the gentleman was so nice, could be a good cause.

I emailed him the link to the Make Offer page at Afternic and told him to submit his offer that way and that I would accept. He immediately did and I accepted. Within an hour, I saw that he paid and received an email from Afternic saying they were verifying funds. Minutes later, they confirmed the funds and instructed me to push the domain to their holding account at NameSilo. Done.

I had no personal pressure to sell it, but somehow I felt good. I made a small profit and perhaps helped a good cause. It might end up back up for sale, but at $250 for a 4L .org, it wouldn't matter to me.

KAMU1.png

•••
org sales always make me happy. Also I think people default search for cvcv.org in the expired stream because I got a couple nice LLLL few weeks back.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Reporting my first .co & .me sales..

I registered about 50 .me dictionary domains in October last year during a promo. A few plurals, a few past tense and I tried many which could be a phrase..

In July, I received an unexpected inbound £100 offer for G/L/A/Z/E/D.me via DAN which I accepted without negotiation because I was happy to have my first .me sale. I think the promo was £0.20 for each..

I also have been of dictionary and name .co domains. I received a £100 offer for M/A/H/M/O/U/D.co last week via DAN. I held for 9 months and a bit..

I countered £777 but the buyer was not going much higher than their offer & we settled for £133. It was expiring soon and I considered others in my portfolio which I wanted to renew, so I’ll use this for renewal fees. Also wanted to sell my first .co domain. I paid about £3 for it during a promo..

Last edited:
•••
Domain: Basilisk(.)net
Price: $1k
Venue: Dan.com Make offer
Acquisition cost: $10 closeout+2 renewals
Investment reasoning:

Basilisk: In European bestiaries and legends, a basilisk (/ˈbæsɪlɪsk/ or /ˈbæzɪlɪsk/) is a legendary reptile reputed to be a serpent king, who can cause death with a single glance.

.COM developed with same page for years...doesn't look like it's going anywhere. .NET is a historically strong and also underrated alternative for short one word domains.

Please don't post the domain with . only with (.). No further details. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Pointual(.)com

$500 via Dan make offer

Hold time: 8 months (drop)

I actually discussed with the buyer in April, but he said to wait until things clear up with the pandemic (original quote was 1K). Now we negotiated (cash tight he said) and I let it go for $500 with no hard feelings.

•••
The // Catskills // dot // com
I inquired about this domain a few times, seller didn't want to sell then lets it expire and go to auction where I later had to send screenshots of receipts because registrar claimed it was stolen. Will miss this one as I called it home for so many years, don't see myself moving back/developing since my daughter is here in Florida and I have yet to revive catskills.us The new owner has been calling me for years, even tried trading me 1-800 numbers lol
sold: 1,600 inbound
bought at snapnames for 500 in 2012

•••
Venue: Afternic
November 2019 hand reg

Name was pending sale for a few days but went back to being listed. I thought the buyer's no longer interested! Very surprised and happy that it sold. :happy::happy::happy:
AF Sale .png

•••
Sold D/R/A/T/A in King on SH for $6,899 Acquired a few years ago
I really needed that sale as my sales the past 20 months were so soft because of 1 very silly mistake I had. I used to renew my names around 2-3 weeks prior to expiry and I just learnt that that would put them out of the Afternic Fast Transfer network. With that in place, I realized that literally almost all my 1,800 names out of the fast transfer network for almost 2 years!
My sales were really soft. I didn't give this much attention as I was very focused on my full time job.
i learnt a very big lesson here. I renewed all my names upfront now and I believe now that 90% of my names are in the network and more to come.

I put a lot of names on SH and also finalizing my own brandable marketplace (Brandzo.com), which should be up within a few weeks. Would appreciate feedback for that one. I would use it as a test for a few months with some SEO for my other names that aren't on SH.

I have tried all brandable marketplaces and I believe that SH is doing a relatively strong effort to satisfy its partners and customers. Have my own reservations on the count of names :) but overall i am bullish that they will continue to succeed.

Again, very happy to have a decent sale at the last few days of a dry summer sales season :)

Enjoy!

•••
Sold D/R/A/T/A in King on SH for $6,899 Acquired a few years ago
I really needed that sale as my sales the past 20 months were so soft because of 1 very silly mistake I had. I used to renew my names around 2-3 weeks prior to expiry and I just learnt that that would put them out of the Afternic Fast Transfer network. With that in place, I realized that literally almost all my 1,800 names out of the fast transfer network for almost 2 years!
My sales were really soft. I didn't give this much attention as I was very focused on my full time job.
i learnt a very big lesson here. I renewed all my names upfront now and I believe now that 90% of my names are in the network and more to come.

I put a lot of names on SH and also finalizing my own brandable marketplace (Brandzo.com), which should be up within a few weeks. Would appreciate feedback for that one. I would use it as a test for a few months with some SEO for my other names that aren't on SH.

I have tried all brandable marketplaces and I believe that SH is doing a relatively strong effort to satisfy its partners and customers. Have my own reservations on the count of names :) but overall i am bullish that they will continue to succeed.

Again, very happy to have a decent sale at the last few days of a dry summer sales season :)

Enjoy!

So putting all names on afternic bin network is so big and important that it makes all the difference between making it or breaking it? I wonder for how many domainers this is true...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back