Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So putting all names on afternic bin network is so big and important that it makes all the difference between making it or breaking it? I wonder for how many domainers this is true...

It makes a huge difference if your portfolio is like mine. My portfolio is an inventory type of portfolio. One where people will mostly buy it off a registrar through premium pricing rather than through type in traffic.
If you own premium names that are upgrades for hundreds of companies, then the Afternic network doesnt make any difference.
I am switching to a new style of domaining with acquisitions of more premium names lately. With that, I believe that type in will be the name of the game and lesser reliance on inventory quality names.

Remember, there is no one size fits all. I just thought to quickly write this comment to avoid a long unneeded debate in this great thread :)

•••
•••
Healables.com $1200 Afternic BIN

Hand reg from 4 years ago.

A play on 'Wearables' that I made up.

Bought by another domainer it seems :)

•••
Healables.com $1200 Afternic BIN

Hand reg from 4 years ago.

A play on 'Wearables' that I made up.

I guess you didn't do any research on this domain lately? There's a multi million dollar startup that uses the .io. I mean this name could easily go for high 5-figure

•••
I guess you didn't do any research on this domain lately? There's a multi million dollar startup that uses the .io. I mean this name could easily go for high 5-figure
somebody else did the research it seems :)

•••
Sometimes..... "A Bird in the Hand is Worth Two in the Bush"

•••
Juicery - $120
Chillies - $70
Letting - $120
Etc....
All .org
About 10 of them sold in August.

venues - Namepros
Hold time - less than a week each

•••
Untitled.png

Hold time = 6 months

Caught at drop
Sold via BIN

•••
Handregged in april 2018 plus 2 renewals sold for BIN 3950 at afternic in june this year.
Screenshot_20200902-003233_Gmail.jpg

•••
wiXOaX4.png

SH, discounted from $1999.
They bought it on the day of renewal! So holding time is exactly 1 year. And i hadn't have it renewed yet )) But i was going to, of course.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Sold D/R/A/T/A in King on SH for $6,899 Acquired a few years ago
I used to renew my names around 2-3 weeks prior to expiry and I just learnt that that would put them out of the Afternic Fast Transfer network. With that in place, I realized that literally almost all my 1,800 names out of the fast transfer network for almost 2 years!
My sales were really soft. I didn't give this much attention as I was very focused on my full time job.
i learnt a very big lesson here. I renewed all my names upfront now and I believe now that 90% of my names are in the network and more to come.

Congrats on the sale

But I don't get this?
Can't you put them back immediately after renewal? Why were they out for 2 years?

Also, was this sold via SH or via afternic?
I see that sell via afternic option on SH. I haven't placed any SH domains on afternic. All SH domains are on SH only.

Last edited:
•••
They tried buying a couple of years ago for $200 and wouldn't budge. Hopefully they've re-evaluated since...

•••
Slowpoke - $110 net
Risers - $110 org sold same day, within 6yrs.

Namepros

The month is dry for me so I'd report any little sale

Last edited:
•••
My july and aug sales:
Muse////Break///com $1888 Afternic (Hand Reg hold time less then a year)
Blabr///co $320 (Hand reg $0.99)
Black/////Shop////co $349 (Hand reg $0.99)
Into///Cool///com $1130 BP (closeout less than a year)
Visa////Genius////com $2200 Afternic (Hand reg + 1 renewal hold time 11 month)

•••
super/women/ .co

$399, BIN GoDaddy
Acqd $1, hold time 9 months

•••
Reporting my first .co & .me sales..

I registered about 50 .me dictionary domains in October last year during a promo. A few plurals, a few past tense and I tried many which could be a phrase..

In July, I received an unexpected inbound £100 offer for G/L/A/Z/E/D.me via DAN which I accepted without negotiation because I was happy to have my first .me sale. I think the promo was £0.20 for each..

I also have been of dictionary and name .co domains. I received a £100 offer for M/A/H/M/O/U/D.co last week via DAN. I held for 9 months and a bit..

I countered £777 but the buyer was not going much higher than their offer & we settled for £133. It was expiring soon and I considered others in my portfolio which I wanted to renew, so I’ll use this for renewal fees. Also wanted to sell my first .co domain. I paid about £3 for it during a promo..
Mahmoud.co Mahmoud Top3 Arabic first name over all Arabic first names
133 very cheap, reseller may pay from low/mid x,xxx$

Last edited:
•••
Here's the sale I mentioned before (and I probably shouldn't have posted it because I only had a letter from the afternic broker asking if I would accept) because when my broker over at Afternic says it will be a done deal, it usually always is. Anyway, that post was deleted so here's the official closed sale info. Now I don't need to delete the domain name.

dwellit-afternic.png

I bought this here on NP for $35.

I think the buyer was a fella that tried to offer a few hundred dollars last year saying he had stationary and all sorts of stuff already in production for the name. I told him sorry the price was firm. I've got a feeling it was him.

Last edited:
•••
Here's the sale I mentioned before (and I probably shouldn't have posted it because I only had a letter from the afternic broker asking if I would accept) because when my broker over at Afternic says it will be a done deal, it usually always is. Anyway, that post was deleted so here's the official closed sale info. Now I don't need to delete the domain name.

Show attachment 165943

I think the buyer was a fella that tried to offer a few hundred dollars last year saying he had stationary and all sorts of stuff already in production for the name. I told him sorry the price was firm. I've got a feeling it was him.

congrats,
Hold time?

•••

Show attachment 165943

Let's hope for the person who sold it to you on NP that he/she doesn't see this.

•••
Let's hope for the person who sold it to you on NP that he/she doesn't see this.
If they do, it should reinforce what they are doing. Happens all the time. I believe the person I bought it from is quite successful at domain investing. :)

•••
•••
And I hope whoever bought it from me uses that name to become huge! Its how it works!

Last edited:
•••
Mahmoud.co Mahmoud Top3 Arabic first name over all Arabic first names
133 very cheap, reseller may pay from low/mid x,xxx$

Kicking myself a little bit, because I should have done better outbound for this name. I actually tried a bit on LinkedIn long ago but didn’t get anywhere so I gave up on outbound. There was a guy who’s high in the UAE government who replied saying he wasn’t interested and many others didn’t reply.

But this sale was to an end user who is using it personally + I’m more focused now on flipping profitably so I can reinvest in better names, but I’ll try take your advice if I get offers for Khabib, Hafeez, Ridwan & other name .co domains in my portfolio. Will start outbounding them :xf.wink:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back