Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We paid $83 for /Cyber/Forces/.com/ on March 12, 2017.
Sold it today for $5,000 via Uniregistry Market.
Test/Army of Poland bought it, likely looking to rebrand beyond application testing.
5,924% ROI in 18 months.

•••
•••
Somebody must love UDRP filings.

true
some may pay good money for these as typo revenue names.. which of course doesn't exclude udrp posibilities..

maybe in some other less common cases.. its also possible ebay would pay to buy ebbay.. etc.

•••
D/E/A/N/J/./O/R/G
$325
Sold by: Godaddy/Afternic BIN inbound
Handreg ( I have my reasons, don't ask :-P )
Hold time 3 months

•••
•••
a/f/m/a/t (com)
$788
inbound, initial offer $100
handreg 2015

•••
mavinex.com $550 via Afternic Fast Transfer.

Hand reg on drop Hold time 2 years

•••
Qubit dot co ... $19k
BIN on Afternic
Bought on Namepros for $XXX in Sept 2017

Trik dot co ... $5k
BIN on Afternic
Handreg ($9) in Nov 2017

Cypher/I/Q dot com ... $2k
Inbound negotiation via Efty landing page, settled through Escrow.com
Handreg in August 2017

Fantastic sale @Nikul Sanghvi , especially of Qubit, which, even taking into account all the quantum computing activity, I think you got an excellent price for it as a .co.

Had you tried any outbound, or it was totally a BIN out of he blue without knowing buyer? I see it seems to resolve still to the for sale lander? Presume new owner has not yet changed the DNS redirects on it. Congrats!

•••
Sold

large_shelfbot.png

List price: $2,195
Commissions: $660
Logo design: $100
My Proceeds: $1,435
My 5th sale on Brandbucket

I bought it for $11 + one renewal.
In go-daddy expiry auction

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Fantastic sale @Nikul Sanghvi , especially of Qubit, which, even taking into account all the quantum computing activity, I think you got an excellent price for it as a .co.

Had you tried any outbound, or it was totally a BIN out of he blue without knowing buyer? I see it seems to resolve still to the for sale lander? Presume new owner has not yet changed the DNS redirects on it. Congrats!

Thank you :)

I didn't do any outbound for Qubit. It was one of those domains that I really liked, so I was happy to sit on it and wait. I don't think outbound would have yielded the best possible price.

The DNS/nameservers remain unchanged by the new owner so my previous redirect is still active but is now pointed at Qbit instead of Qubit

•••
Domain name: c o d e f i s t . c o m
Sale venue: afternic
Listing type: BiN
Listing upgrades: no
Seller: me
Asking price: $590
Sale price: $590
Purchase venue: handregged from expired domains list.
Purchase price: fasthosts £1 + LCN $6.49
Details: Sold on 21st september 2018 GMT +8.

•••
qs/v/m.com
Sale Price : $400
Acquisition cost : $148 Here NP
Sale Venue : End user
Hold time : 12 Days

•••
qs/v/m.com
Sale Price : $400
Acquisition cost : $148 Here NP
Sale Venue : End user
Hold time : 12 Days

do you mean outbound?

ty

•••
•••
C/A/R/D/L/E/S/S/P/A/Y.COM and C/A/R/D/L/E/S/S/P/A/Y. IN

Sale Price : $2000 (together)
Acquisition cost : $80 ( for .com) / $9 ( for .in hand reg)
Purchase Venue: Whois (.com) / GoDaddy ( .in)
Sale Venue: Outbound
Hold time : 6 months
Commission: 0. Payment in cheque.
Details: Targetted finance startups in India who have received fundings. Coincidently, ended by selling to a startup which had its office just 2 blocks away from where I stay. Went over and completed the transfers in person. Paid in full thru cheque.

•••
Coincidently, ended by selling to a startup which had its office just 2 blocks away from where I stay. Went over and completed the transfers in person. .
Small world, right ? LOL. :-P

•••

Details: Targetted finance startups in India who have received fundings. Coincidently, ended by selling to a startup which had its office just 2 blocks away from where I stay. Went over and completed the transfers in person. Paid in full thru cheque.
like a home delivery :)

•••

Huh! What do you know?! It was a cardless pay! :-D

•••
Coincidently, ended by selling to a startup which had its office just 2 blocks away from where I stay. Went over and completed the transfers in person. Paid in full thru cheque.

A new concept: Uber Domains

•••
z/i/d/d./i/n - Sold this to a new-age healthcare giant in India for 1111USD. Hand regged this for 8$ to build my personal blog on. Got a cold email from the client expressing interest to buy this for 135$. Had a good couple of hours with them over a call, told them will think about it and emailed them a counter offer for 1500$. Finally settled for 1111$ after another hour long call with their marketing and product guys.

I suggested Escrow but they wanted to transfer directly to my bank account. Big leap of faith for a large corporation. This happily funded my next portfolio acquisition and then some. :-D

Good experience for my first sale.

•••
z/i/d/d./i/n - Sold this to a new-age healthcare giant in India for 1111USD. Hand regged this for 8$ to build my personal blog on. Got a cold email from the client expressing interest to buy this for 135$. Had a good couple of hours with them over a call, told them will think about it and emailed them a counter offer for 1500$. Finally settled for 1111$ after another hour long call with their marketing and product guys.

I suggested Escrow but they wanted to transfer directly to my bank account. Big leap of faith for a large corporation. This happily funded my next portfolio acquisition and then some. :-D

Good experience for my first sale.

Hey great sale. Would die to find out what were you talking about so long (couple of hours) over a call? :D

•••
Hey @ivbran, like any good salesperson, I was listening most of the time ;)

They needed the domain for a new product line they were launching for a Bollywood movie. I had 3 marketing folks on the call explaining why their budget was low compared to my offer. The conversation included what exactly they were doing and the scale at which they were doing at. I prefer a consultative sales process. Ask open ended questions and sit back and take in as much information as possible.

I then made up some calculations to justify my price point. This was a limited period project for around 4 months. They would've been able to get a better price if they'd leased out the domain, but I guess they never knew about that model and I wasn't one to make them wiser. B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back