Domain Empire

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Barber // hero
in king

Sale price: $95 ($76 after fees)
Purchase price: ~$25 (GD expired + stupid 27% VAT)
Venue: Afternic

It was about to expire, so I was quite happy with this unexpected sale :)
Afternic is a great marketplace for such "mediocre" names, especially if you are happy with low sale prices (I think this was my 4th <$100 sale on Afternic in the last 1.5 years with a tiny portfolio).

•••
I just sold BeginCode.com for $500
Venue : namejet auction
Won in may, 2017 for $4 ( namepros auction)

•••
gayhotels..info..... sedo makeoffer...... 200$

2017 .....$2 reg

•••
Domain name: C/E/L/L/P/H/O/N/E/V/R/.com

Sale venue: Undeveloped.com

Sale price: $350

Purchase price: $19

BIN @Undeveloped

•••
coin\summit . com
sold $2.8k
bought $150
Hold in 3 months

•••
Domain name: U/B/U/K.com

Sale venue: Flippa.com

Sale price: $1000

Purchase price: $565

Offer received @Flippa

•••
•••
What DNS did you use for this domain?

Currently I am using Undeveloped.

For this name I got direct message in Flippa.

Normally I do not post/share my sales. But I thought let me share some of them.

Thanks

•••
•••
•••
.COM: LSC*TECH
$1150, after negotiation.
Inbound offer via UNDEVELOPED. Commission 9%.
They work very fast, transaction closed within 24h after received first offer.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Domain name: i/Y/G/O.com

Sale venue: Sedo.com

Sale price: $599

Purchase price: $305

BIN @Sedo

•••
•••
•••
Sold Edprogram.com for $80.

Here is the story. I reg this domain name when I started domaining June last year. It costed me $9 to reg (namesilo). I also renewed it early this year.

The reason I didn't drop this name is because of the high Estibot valuation ($2,700).

So I decided to test water with Flippa auction. I paid $59 (home page and listing fee) 4 months ago. I listed for 10 days or so (can't remember).

Before the listing period got to the middle, a man contacted me. He offered $300. I countered with $499. I was firm with that asking price. Then he started telling me of the spam score and bla bla bla. I just ignored and focused on receiving other resonable offers.

Then the time lapse. No other offer. Not even "hello."

And before that time I thought I could relist my domain just like the $9. But to my greatest surprise, I wasn't allowed to do that.

Then the first bidder came again with $100. I ignored him.

4 months later, I decided to mail him because I needed money. I wrote,

"Hi XXXX. I've accepted your offer of $100 for this domain. Can we begin the transfer process?"

He replied later with, "Hello. I can only buy that for $80." Guess what? I took it immediately.

Then I transferred the name to him and he paid me after two days. I received $76.5 after commission.

So, in total I spent (59 +18) -------$77
Sold for $76.5
LOSS (-$0.5)

Thanks for reading! Hope to report something resonable soon!

•••
App.net (not mine) sold $70,000 at Sedo (https://sedo.com/search/details/index.php?language=us&domain=app.net) This auction has been extended by 117 minutes.
anyway .com is better...

appnet.com is taken since 1995 :wideyed:
upload_2017-12-17_0-22-6.png

•••
SustainableCrypto
(.com)

SOLD for $150 via Flippa classified.
Hand-reg in 08/17.

•••
personalbranding......co........ $550

gd makeoffer... 2017 reg

•••
personalbranding......co........ $550

gd makeoffer... 2017 reg
Congratulations for that .co sale!
Reg fee cost?

•••
•••
D/e/l/l/a/r/o dotcom

Sale venue: Outbound/Escrow.com
Seller: Me
Asking price: $500
Sale price: $250

Details:
Bad purchase, few .cctld's were developed but when I bought it I didn't realize that they never needed the .com and it would be very hard to sell. Emailed the potential buyers only a week before expiry date, no reply, followed up 2 days before expiry, domain sold on the day it expired. Renewed and pushed to buyer's account.

Offered it for $500 in initial email, after follow up buyer said they could only pay $250 and they don't really need the domain.

Me: "No problemo, I'll take $250" :xf.grin:

Thanks.

•••
D/e/l/l/a/r/o dotcom

Sale venue: Outbound/Escrow.com
Seller: Me
Asking price: $500
Sale price: $250

Details:
Bad purchase, few .cctld's were developed but when I bought it I didn't realize that they never needed the .com and it would be very hard to sell. Emailed the potential buyers only a week before expiry date, no reply, followed up 2 days before expiry, domain sold on the day it expired. Renewed and pushed to buyer's account.

Offered it for $500 in initial email, after follow up buyer said they could only pay $250 and they don't really need the domain.

Me: "No problemo, I'll take $250" :xf.grin:

Thanks.
Congratulations! Hope you get more sales on incoming year!! So that means when you email end users, you always put a BIN?

Thank you :)

•••
Congratulations! Hope you get more sales on incoming year!! So that means when you email end users, you always put a BIN?

Thank you :)

Thanks!

Mostly I don't give a price in my initial email, I ask the buyer to make an offer. But when I have to sell quickly I give a price. This domain was about to expire and I didn't want to get into negotiations.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back